Quantcast
Lmangla

I recommend this drama

we all have seasons where we can't seem to find anything to watch and we wish we could find something. well, here's your chance to recommend a drama or movie that you really liked.

here's the format:

Name:

Summary:

Watch when you are in the mood for:

Visual factor:

Emotional moments that you liked:

Annoying bits you might need to ignore:

Overall grade:

since we watch dramas in many languages, you can include dramas other than kdramas as long as there are subs. don't worry about your english or writing an essay. even a short, sweet recommendation will do.

we hope this can be a library that people can check out any time and keep adding.

re: @sushilicious

• Like 6
  • LOL 1
  • Love 3

Name: Hard Nut Suugaku Girl no Koisuru Jikenbo

Summary: Math girl genius helping detective solving case

Watch when you are in the mood for: Investigation

Visual factor: Do i need to explain? MAIN LEAD HANDSOME!! :ph34r:

Emotional moments that you liked: Bickering among the leads. 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: Too short!! I need more episodes.

Overall grade: 9

UrbsqE2.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

@Lawyerh ~ I loved hard nut! watched it really randomly once and was so disappointed there was no second season. felt it ended kind of abruptly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@Lawyerh ~ I loved hard nut! watched it really randomly once and was so disappointed there was no second season. felt it ended kind of abruptly.

Wahahaha ikr... this one I really need 2nd season and then... no... dont have... *crying*. I seldom knew ppl who watching this. Amazed found u watched it!! :lol: 

I will slowly fill up your pages.. i have a lot of drama? Bwahaha... I try to share those not too popular but I like it. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

18 minutes ago, Lawyerh said:

I will slowly fill up your pages.. i have a lot of drama? Bwahaha... I try to share those not too popular but I like it. 

ooh definitely share more. people are always looking for new stuff to watch beyond the regular names. :)

• Love 4

Posted (edited)

Name: The Ghost Detective/ Detective that only I can see

Summary: Detective Lee Da-il (Choi Daniel), who catches ghosts, tries to solve the case of his assistant, Jung Yeo-wool's (Park Eun-bin) younger sibling's bizarre death. He runs into a mysterious woman in red called Sunwoo Hye (Lee Ji-ah) who appears at every crime scene.

Watch when you are in the mood for: I was never a fan of Horror genre before! But now, I love horror- romance!!

Visual factor: It's all about my daily dose, Daniel & the pretty beauty Park Eun Bin!

Emotional moments that you liked: He knows that she is in love with him. But he can't let her love him because... he is not a human anymore.! :(

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: I love you so much Lee Ji Ah unnie... :D

Overall grade: 9.5/10 (Minus 0.5 for Lee Ji Ah unnie... :D)

42513362_2064003947244474_86888783806631

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Wzg0z0SUyw

The series is about to air in Japan from 21st August.. I wish all the success for the cast & crew!!! Fighting, DanBin!! B) 

My most favorite K-drama couple ever... :heart:

44339414_2077563082555227_38549193349922

Edited by gm4queen
  • Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

@gm4queen ~ your description sounds interesting..... except I like to sleep at night and can't if I watch horror. hahahah... :sweatingbullets::lol:

• LOL 4
  • Love 1

31 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@gm4queen ~ your description sounds interesting..... except I like to sleep at night and can't if I watch horror. hahahah... :sweatingbullets::lol:

Ha ha ha... Yes dear, I understand your frustration! :D The series is not really for light hearts as it has extra dark scenes in the first half! But the horror elements are less in the second half & the plot is more likely a supernatural thriller! Our dear @triplem chingu also had the same problem over this series! She is also a huge fan of Choi Daniel but she just skipped this series for the same reason you have!

But the series is extremely popular among international fans for the unspoken love between the leads! :heart: They have 4 beautiful hugs & that's all!!! NOT A SINGLE KISS! I just totally got addicted to this series in last year! Not just me, the whole world was crazy for them actually! So if you want a horror-romance, then this is the perfect choice (unless you are a chicken, of course) :D!!!!! Ha ha ha! 

This is my fav hug of them... Who are you to ask me if I am alright..???! :( Just a warm touch & eye gazes on each other! Enjoy, dear! :wub: Feel the love...

• Like 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Name: Siyah Beyaz Ask

Summary: the impossible love story between a doctor and the right hand of a mafia boss. they end up getting married under forced circumstances. her entrance in his life forces him to examine himself, his relationships with his estranged family and discover the truth behind a painful loss.

Watch when you are in the mood for: intense family drama makjang with birth secret and crackling romance. theme of whether a person can turn around their life and heal the wounds of their past. what does it mean to be righteous? a romance where the couple love as much as they argue intensely. siblings fight like crazy but love each other deeply. interesting side character romances and some really complex characters.

Visual factor: everything is brightly lit even though the mood is intense, crackling, and sometimes a little sad. loved that PD used a musical score and actors expression to set the mood rather than choosing to do dark, bad lighting. super! and the male lead! waaaaah!!! not only good looking but so much emotion just through his expressions.  :wub:

Emotional moments that you liked: oodles of chemistry between the main leads, great scenes between the siblings especially the brothers.

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: there were a few annoying characters but that is what the fast forward button is for! hahahhaha. this was my first turkish dizi and I almost gave up because of the length of each episode. instead of trying to watch in one go, I watched a little each day over a month like a daily. so if you can pace yourself, then this is a good watch

Overall grade: B+ or 8/10

siyah-beyaz-ask-dizisi-nerede-cekiliyor-

re: @Sarang21 ~ have I missed anything? :)

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4

:

Name: class of lies 

Summary: mysterious murder crimes occur related to a school for rich students 

Watch when you are in the mood for: mystery thriller 

Visual factor: school atmosphere nostalgia but turns to a nightmare because of the corruption

Emotional moments that you liked: the teacher's interaction with the abused students 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the director of the school is disgusting  

Overall grade: 10

@sushilicious

• LOL 2
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

8 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

:

Name: class of lies 

Summary: mysterious murder crimes occur related to a school for rich students 

Watch when you are in the mood for: mystery thriller 

Visual factor: school atmosphere nostalgia but turns to a nightmare because of the corruption

Emotional moments that you liked: the teacher's interaction with the abused students 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the director of the school is disgusting  

@sushilicious

Teacher Giiii :love: fully recommend!

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

Name: Shady mom in law 

Summary: a lady criminal kidnapped a little  girl, wiped her memory, and the story of that mother's  handsome son :D

Watch when you are in the mood for: mystery suspense 

Visual factor: handsome second lead :D who speaks Excellent French, plays the guitar and sings too

Emotional moments that you liked: when Jenny, the main heroine was hugged by her biological mom

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the secondary characters storyline

Overall grade: 8

another one

Name: Left-handed wife 

Summary: a man who seeks revenge against his biological mom for abandoning him and causing his father's death indirectly 

Watch when you are in the mood for: theatrical acting, tragedy, revenge

Visual factor: the second lead's complete control over his facial expressions and tone of voice

Emotional moments that you liked: all hug scenes of the son (Namjun) and his mother. And the dying scenes of Namjun 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the silly boring love story of the main characters 

Overall grade: 9

@Ameera Ali since you liked my blog :wub:

I always thought that most Korean actors are shallow and depend on their looks, but this drama upset my preconceptions. It is not a romantic drama at all but the moments between son and mother are so touching and the actor's talent and depth make it worth watching 

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, gm4queen said:

This is my fav hug of them... Who are you to ask me if I am alright..???! :( Just a warm touch & eye gazes on each other! Enjoy, dear! :wub: Feel the love..

awww, it is a great hug as you can feel the love - it is not about passion but a deep emotional connection. but I don't get it, he is not human????? so what is he vampire? ghost?

44 minutes ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the silly boring love story of the main characters 

bwahahaha... LOL. :joy: this only happens in weekend and daily dramas where there's tons of characters and so main leads actually are sometimes lame and are so so boring compared to the other characters.  in mini series, if this happens, ratings would tank. hahahahah...

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Name: Saka no Tochu no Ie (2019)

Summary: A mother is asked to be a jury at the trial of a woman who drowned her 8-month old baby. and the mother starts seeing herself in the defendant ... 

Watch when you are in the mood for: when you want to thing about life and humanity , what it means to be a mother , and societies expectation of woman to be mothers , wives etc. 

Visual factor: story a told from different angles and nothing is as it seems , but at the same time the final result is the same ... 

Emotional moments that you liked: i would not say i liked them but i felt them ... a crippling feeling of helplessness , because if only we had a time machine that could help up change our past ... so you could say i liked the fact that even though i a not a mother i saw and understood where everyone as coming from 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: NONE honestly its 6 episodes , somethings would make you angry but ts part of the story build up ... oh and i wanted to give a few spanks to a certain brat ... 

Overall grade:10/10

Spoiler

Saka no Tochu no Ie

Name: Hokuto

Summary: A lawyer tries to defend a young man who wants the death penalty . 

Watch when you are in the mood for: WHEN YOU LACK INTENSITY IN YOUR LIFE. THIS WILL MAKE YOU ASK THOSE IMPORTANT LIFE QUESTIONS. 

Visual factor: very dark and gloomy . the acting and everything is on point 

Emotional moments that you liked: NONE... all i can say is that this should be watched in installments its an amazing series but you need to be strong. 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: Its five episodes long ... not for people who are easily triggered or have a weak heart ... i remember there was a scene where i had to stop eating not because of the visuals but because i couldn't take it anymore ... I gave up on human beings. 

Overall grade:9/10

Spoiler

Hokuto

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2

Name: My Dearly Sinful Mind

Summary: A psychiatrist working together with police to solve psychological cases while the psychiatrist himself is becoming more corrupted & affected of his own psychological problems 

Watch when you are in the mood for: Some crime solving dramas

Visual factor: The story that starts of with the psychiatrist about to run the car into the ocean with himself 

Emotional moments that you liked: When psychiatrist’s imaginary dead girlfriend (his hallucination) told him that it’s him who made the decision for her to leave or not to leave. She at the end is nothing but if a hallucination.

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: The bad guy always wins and the good guys is always one step behind

Overall grade: 10/10

• Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Name: Dum laga ke haisha

Summary: two incompatible couple  get married, apply for divorce and fall in love later on

Watch when you are in the mood for: touching sad romance 

Visual factor: the misty quality of the picture  

Emotional moments that you liked: when the husband  wanted to commit suicide and the wife was crying 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: no annoying bits

Overall grade: 9

It seems  like a comedy but it is not. I cried in many scenes. The music score is by the Italian composer Andrea Guerra (he also composed the wonderful music of the wonderful movie The Pursuit of Happyness).

@gm4queen

• Like 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

41 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@NaYouSabi? ~ woah, a read of the descriptions itself sound so intense! looks like it would be a good fit for folks like @sushilicious and others who enjoyed voice and for those enjoyed children of god like @Dhakra and @bebebisous33

i hope they all watch those I really needed someone to talk about these dramas with when i watched hokuto last year and saka no this year ... So if anyone does watch feel free to tag me in any discussion ... 

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Name: The Apartment 

Summary: an employee who hires his apartment to his seniors to meet their mistresses but falls in love with his colleague (who happens to meet the manager and tries to commit suicide in the apartment ),  he learns that love is far important than money

Watch when you are in the mood for: unusual love story 

Visual factor: when he was cooking spaghetti using a tennis bat as strainer

Emotional moments that you liked: when she chose him over her rich boyfriend and they were dealing cards at the end . He told her I love you and she smiled and told him, just shut up and play (cards) :) I love them together :wub: Jack Lemmon and Shirley McLean 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: no annoying bits 

Summary

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 2