Quantcast
Lmangla

I recommend this drama

4 hours ago, kokodus said:

Bwhahahahahaha what is this @angelangie????Do you really think there are still people out there who haven't watched LOTR till this day??? Nahhh I don't think so. LOL. 

lol i know most ppl have watch it....however it is still one of my all times fav movie :D so i couldnt help but recommend it again...

btw where have u been hiding....and i knew u will go for ashes lols

• Like 1
  • LOL 1

I'm so excited to see this forum topic. Thank you!

Because I'm running out of good Kdramas to watch. I've given up on a lot of kdramas after watching the first few episodes, so was excited to see recommendations from other drama aficionados.. And then I'm exposed to exotic dramas from other parts of the world. 

From those recommended, I'm especially keen on the Turkish drama. Could someone PM me for the website to watch them with English subs. I have Netflix, Prime and VIU (Asian version of Viki?). SO if I cant find them in any of these, where do I go?

Thank you 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

thats great @WoozyPrincess :) I only watched my first turkish dizi recently and my understanding is that it is like thai lakorns where they are all fan subbed. if you are not familiar with fan subs, basically it is a group or individual fans who take their personal time to sub the drama out of their love for the drama. this is how kdramas also used to be in the early days. so subbing quality may not be great and you have to google search for it by the name of the drama and it will be uploaded somewhere. there may not be a common library where you can find all of them. most of the names, am seeing it for the first time. maybe others can help. if you are looking for siyah beyaz ask, PM me and I will send you the link where I caught it. am also tagging @Sarang21 who may be more familiar with this and can give some input.

• Like 3

45 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

thats great @WoozyPrincess :) I only watched my first turkish dizi recently and my understanding is that it is like thai lakorns where they are all fan subbed. if you are not familiar with fan subs, basically it is a group or individual fans who take their personal time to sub the drama out of their love for the drama. this is how kdramas also used to be in the early days. so subbing quality may not be great and you have to google search for it by the name of the drama and it will be uploaded somewhere. there may not be a common library where you can find all of them. most of the names, am seeing it for the first time. maybe others can help. if you are looking for siyah beyaz ask, PM me and I will send you the link where I caught it. am also tagging @Sarang21 who may be more familiar with this and can give some input.

Thank you @Lmanglafor this thread. I was actually keen on Skam to start with but I dont mind checking out Siyah Beyaz. Will pm you. Thank you again

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1

@kokodus ~ I am shocked, I tell you, shocked! how is there no recommendation for pineapple head? LOL :w00t::P.. pineapple head must be crying somewhere. don't you think so @angelangie :lol:

• LOL 2

3 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

@kokodus ~ I am shocked, I tell you, shocked! how is there no recommendation for pineapple head? LOL :w00t::P.. pineapple head must be crying somewhere. don't you think so @angelangie :lol:

lets see.....pineapple head MG 2018 is worth a mention and also his next biggest project will be EverNight2, we have yet to watch that so hehehe....

however i think the fluff in ashes over took @kokodus mind for a bit for now :D 

• LOL 2

Name: Bad couple

Summary: she doesn't want a relationship or marriage but wants to have children. so what to do? she decides to pick the perfect man to have a one night stand with so that she can have the best DNA for a child.... except the guy is not interested in her... kekeke.. he is a botany professor while she is a magazine editor with nothing in common.

Watch when you are in the mood for: when you are bored of the usual meet cutes in romantic dramas and are looking for a romance that feels a bit different. comedy where all sorts of wacky things happen. it is hilarious to see her chase him while he is perplexed on what she wants.

Visual factor: so this is old drama, ignore the fashion if it hurts your eyes

Emotional moments that you liked: one of the funniest scenes was when she is sort of competing with his fiance... over cushions! LOL. so his fiance makes a cushion and puts it in his office and not to be outdone, she replaces that cushion with her own cushion.. and the best part is that the guy is oblivious and has not even noticed there are cushions. LOL.

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: since this is old drama, it dips into melo. hang in there. it is a happy ending.

Overall grade: B

couple2.jpg

Name: Summer Scent

Summary: girl is drawn to this fella and doesn't understand why. later she finds out that she received the heart of his girlfriend during the transplant

Watch when you are in the mood for: a moody old school romance

Visual factor: this was part of the early wave of hallyu dramas and is known as one of the season dramas. since the theme is summer, it was really shot beautifully and the cinematography was done well. it was so compelling that people wanted to visit as tourists to the places where it was filmed.

Emotional moments that you liked: when they dance in the field

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: just ignore them! hahahahha...

Overall grade: B for the cinematography and music

3ed09dec50535a3e07d326681b043d99.jpg

• Like 2

Name: Winter Sonata

Summary: she meets this guy who looks like her first love who died in an accident

Watch when you are in the mood for: there is a reason this is one of the dramas that is mentioned during the hallyu wave. if you want to know what made old kdramas so popular and start to trend in other nations, then you should check it out. at times you feel like pulling your hair out but you still want to keep watching to find out what will happen

Visual factor: the cinematography! this is another of the season dramas and so there are beautiful shots of winter and snow.

Emotional moments that you liked: when he discusses the red thread

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: there are lots of plotholes, just shut down your brain and don't ask. hahahah

Overall grade: B, for the cinematography and music

Winter-Sonata-Tour-1.jpg

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

7 hours ago, WoozyPrincess said:

Thank you @Lmanglafor this thread. I was actually keen on Skam to start with but I dont mind checking out Siyah Beyaz. Will pm you. Thank you again

Hi since you are interested in türkisch dizi...this is my recommendation on how to find sub:

If you find a show that you like, go to facebook and look if there is an englisch discussion group. In those groups someone usually share the episodes with subtitles. There is this facebook group that I would recommend you to join as they got subtitles for various shows. I will PM you the link. 

• Insightful 1

Name : Attention love 

Summary : A boy and a girl were destined to be together since birth. A long time ago, two best friends each had a child. One named his son Li Zheng, which means "attention", and the other named his daughter Shao Xi, which means "at ease" in military terminology. The two kids grew up to embody their names, with Li Zheng being diligent and paying extra attention to everything he wants to achieve in life and Shao Xi being more laid back and lazy in her approach to life and school. When Li Zheng returns to Taiwan after growing up in Japan, he meets Shao Xi for the first time in high school. Despite their polar opposite personalities, the strong pull of their fates bring them together. ( source: wikipedia )

Watch when you are in mood for : Romance,  cuteness, highschool drama,  comedy

Visual factor: the acting and the couple 

Annoying bits you might need to ignore : you need a lot of patience to see the progress of their relationship

Overall grade : 8/10

Name : Someone like you

Summary : A man loses everything in one day in a tragic car accident. Fang Zhan Cheng (Kingone Wang) lost his fiancée, Liang Luo Han (Kirsten Ren), but he also lost his own eyesight. Devastated by the loss of his fiancée, Zhan Cheng is inconsolable and even refuses a corneal transplant that could restore his vision. But his life takes an unexpected turn when Wang Yu Xi (Kirsten Ren), who looks exactly like his fiancée, is hired to become Zhan Cheng’s day nurse. Another young woman, Xu Ya Ti (Nita Lei), receives Luo Han’s heart in a transplant and begins to exhibit many of Luo Han’s mannerisms and personality. Caught between a woman who looks exactly like his beloved dead fiancée and another woman who behaves just like her, what will Zhan Cheng do? (Dramawiki)

Watch when you are in mood for: romance, melodrama, a heartwarming love story and deep emotional moments 

Emotional moments : when Fang Zhan Cheng is able to see again 

Annoying bits you might ignore : no Annoying bits 

Overall grade : 9 

• Awesome 1

@angelangie hahahaha I understand. I love LOTR too, I mean who doesn't?? Lol. And I'm just busy these days preparing for my exams, hence you couldn't find me more in soompi. 

@Lmangla Wait wait wait. You know that I'm a slow writer and a slow thinker, it took me half an hour to write that above post. I was going to post about pineapple head and his drama in my next post when I get time. You will not close this thread down, right?? Ashes of love was my first choice because you tagged me in that thread, so I assumed you wanted me to write about that show. Hahaha. I have a big heart too. So big that its housing dozens of oppas at the same time. :heart:

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

kekeke.. @kokodus ~ the thread remains open, so you can post whenever. the idea is that people can keep contributing whenever they want so folks can skim through and get some ideas whenever they are in a drama slump.

@kokodus  Great choice I just loved Ashes Of Love and it is now one of my favorite dramas too!!! 

But was so surprised like others that pineapple wasn't the first coming from you!  Looking forward to it!!!

2019-factory-direct-sale-new-pineapple-adult.jpg  images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSeinNA_hQ6lO7PoHRpvZPFyohTf2euuGR7wt8WG9q0LhMLD5-5pineapple_troops_by_movie_compare_girl_dam96tk-pre.jpg?token=eyJ0eXAiOiJKV1QiLCJhbGciOiJIUzI1NiJ9.eyJzdWIiOiJ1cm46YXBwOjdlMGQxODg5ODIyNjQzNzNhNWYwZDQxNWVhMGQyNmUwIiwiaXNzIjoidXJuOmFwcDo3ZTBkMTg4OTgyMjY0MzczYTVmMGQ0MTVlYTBkMjZlMCIsIm9iaiI6W1t7ImhlaWdodCI6Ijw9ODAwIiwicGF0aCI6IlwvZlwvM2FkNTIxZjItZmQ0Zi00MDI2LWJkNzAtNzE3YmVhMTgxNjNkXC9kYW05NnRrLTE4NjI1MDI0LTNhMGItNGRiOC1iODU2LTNjNDZmNTMzYmJlYS5qcGciLCJ3aWR0aCI6Ijw9MTAyNCJ9XV0sImF1ZCI6WyJ1cm46c2VydmljZTppbWFnZS5vcGVyYXRpb25zIl19.cg2We5pMJaZ256NWrKr1S8C2RZRfflZDOBV9cijL_Hs

Don't worry @kokodus is working on it.....

• LOL 2

@Berou I have watched this show too but only the original. It was really awesome. Season 2 and 4 were my favorite. 

Name: insomnia 

Summary the story of a veteran police detective (Al Pacino) who is sent to a small Alaskan town to investigate the murder of a teenage girl. Forced into a psychological game of cat-and-mouse by the primary suspect (Robin Williams), events escalate and the detective finds his own stability dangerously threatened

Watch when you are in the mood for: mystery thriller 

Visual factor: the snow of Alaska 

Emotional moments that you liked: when Pacino says in the dying moments that he wants to sleep ( he had insomnia, and suffered from guilty conscience after killing his colleague by mistake because of fog)

Annoying bits you might need to ignore: the killing scenes of the girl

Overall grade: 10

@Lmangla I watched Winter Sonata too. I liked it but why B? 

I give it an A :)

• Like 2

9 hours ago, kokodus said:

@angelangie hahahaha I understand. I love LOTR too, I mean who doesn't?? Lol. And I'm just busy these days preparing for my exams, hence you couldn't find me more in soompi. 

@Lmangla Wait wait wait. You know that I'm a slow writer and a slow thinker, it took me half an hour to write that above post. I was going to post about pineapple head and his drama in my next post when I get time. You will not close this thread down, right?? Ashes of love was my first choice because you tagged me in that thread, so I assumed you wanted me to write about that show. Hahaha. I have a big heart too. So big that its housing dozens of oppas at the same time. :heart:

dont worry we will always be around right :D

• Like 1

7 hours ago, nohamahamoud2002 said:

@Lmangla I watched Winter Sonata too. I liked it but why B? 

I give it an A :)

kekeke... did you like it? its been a while since I watched it and so I can't remember much except that it was very sticky and I had to finish despite rolling my eyes at stuff. hahahah... For A, I have to remember lots of stuff! :D

7 hours ago, Lmangla said:

kekeke... did you like it? its been a while since I watched it and so I can't remember much except that it was very sticky and I had to finish despite rolling my eyes at stuff. hahahah... For A, I have to remember lots of stuff! :D

Yes I liked it and I remember so many details although it has been long ago :)

• Awesome 1