[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

3 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

I think he wasn’t affected by the point he was hiding something, I though they want to show us how disconnected he was to victims before he lose his fiancé , how he saw them only as bodies that need to be solved & clues that lead to the killer , he never saw them human that left behind a loved one , mother , father , fiancé, husband , children just like him now , probably was his copying mechanism to  help him do his work . 

so that why I  think if he was the same man 5 years ago he wouldn’t have been nice & connected to the lady kidnapper pain as he was last episode, he know now what to lose someone you loved so much  , these bodies isn’t just body in crime scene for him anymore   :dissapointed_relieved:.

your point of view can be spot on too... however he does look disinterested to communicate with the fiancé. 

if the case didn’t affect him, why so distant... the fiancé cannot love someone so ‘cold’ right?? hahahah 

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

1 hour ago, kohnlee said:

your point of view can be spot on too... however he does look disinterested to communicate with the fiancé. 

if the case didn’t affect him, why so distant... the fiancé cannot love someone so ‘cold’ right?? hahahah 

If you look at his face and his eyes, he was affected by his fiancees words. His expression definitely softens in front of her and his voice too. He was (is) a “detached guy” probably aloof, but very gentle with her (it’s the vibe I got) 

I think what Ameera said was spot on. OHJ of the past was so detached, he never “considered” the victims, concentrated on the criminal’s perspective (wonder if some event or childhood trauma affected him or if it was the job itself in combination with his personality) but his fiancee, literally proposed a different (more humane) way to look at things, OHJ listened to her but, it was only after he lost her (probably) that he can now truly identify with the victims. Maybe it was only after he lost her so brutally that something was deeply shaken within him? (Although she was already stirring things through their relationship) OHJ is now still wounded but numbed and we will hopefully see his progressive “warming up” (and I suppose the pain will come to the surface at the same time) through the cases and his relationship with Sooyoung. 

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

2 hours ago, phoenix24 said:

The coat, the way he just put on and take off his glasses, how there is wind in his hair, the way he sits like a boss, fear in people's eyes, and how they report to him on both sides.

Yes, he is one of a kind.

Even putting on and removing sunglasses ...

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 2

4 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

If you look at his face and his eyes, he was affected by his fiancees words. His expression definitely softens in front of her and his voice too. He was (is) a “detached guy” probably aloof, but very gentle with her (it’s the vibe I got) 

I think what Ameera said was spot on. OHJ of the past was so detached, he never “considered” the victims, concentrated on the criminal’s perspective (wonder if some event or childhood trauma affected him or if it was the job itself in combination with his personality) but his fiancee, literally proposed a different (more humane) way to look at things, OHJ listened to her but, it was only after he lost her (probably) that he can now truly identify with the victims. Maybe it was only after he lost her so brutally that something was deeply shaken within him? (Although she was already stirring things through their relationship) OHJ is now still wounded but numbed and we will hopefully see his progressive “warming up” (and I suppose the pain will come to the surface at the same time) through the cases and his relationship with Sooyoung. 

Seeing how the police officers around him reacted in the flashback, the murder scene should have especially horrific. I think we were shown that scene to show us just how detached he was able to be, being able to not react outwardly to the scene. I guess to him it's part of his job. But when he went back home his request of his fiance to be given time shows that he already knows that he can't remain detached with her, and that he needs to be given time to be able shift gears and reconnect with his emotions. It actually shows the change that he already underwent to be with her...

I really hope that the show will spend the time and introduce her to us, so that we will be able to understand his pain a bit more. There is an Indian movie called Ghajini, in which the protagonist also lost his love and wants to avenge her. But this movie spent the time to show us who she was and how he fell in love with her (also Indian movies can afford to do that being 3 hrs long :) ), so by the end of that long flashback we also fell in love with her and were able to also feel the pain of her loss. This is what I hope the show will be able to do for OHJ...

• Like 7

@nona88 Well, about the witness... it could be the culprit because he suffers from split personality. The director and writer could have manipulated the viewers by letting us see one part of his dual personality. Remember that the title is: Tell me what you saw. We sometimes only see what we want to see. The problem with vision and illusion has been pointed out many times: like f. ex. with the mirror, OHJ, the lawyer and HS.

By the way, his paintings were all rather dark and heavy... I also found it weird that the witness always remained in the same neighbourhood the whole time.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

12 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

@nona88 Well, about the witness... it could be the culprit because he suffers from split personality. The director and writer could have manipulated the viewers by letting us see one part of his dual personality. Remember that the title is: Tell me what you saw. We sometimes only see what we want to see. The problem with vision and illusion has been pointed out many times: like f. ex. with the mirror, OHJ, the lawyer and HS.

By the way, his paintings were all rather dark and heavy... I also found it weird that the witness always remained in the same neighbourhood the whole time.

Wait so you mean, there is significance to the painting that the witness “rubbed off” when he was in hiding (which until now I still don’t know what he was doing with it) and the painting in HTS’s office? Because as someone pointed out previously the painting looked the same and it struck as similar top when I was watching the show. Like there was some connection they were trying to show with the painting. 

I find the guy in the motorcycle helmet super mysterious. And why he always seemed to walk around that neighborhood and being so close in proximity to the witness of the crime. 

On another note, did you guys notice - OHJ did INTENTIONALLY take off his watch right? To reflect it on the water tumbler so that HTS could look at the time? What was his point in doing that, can anyone explain? 

• Like 7

26 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Wait so you mean, there is significance to the painting that the witness “rubbed off” when he was in hiding (which until now I still don’t know what he was doing with it) and the painting in HTS’s office? Because as someone pointed out previously the painting looked the same and it struck as similar top when I was watching the show. Like there was some connection they were trying to show with the painting. 

I find the guy in the motorcycle helmet super mysterious. And why he always seemed to walk around that neighborhood and being so close in proximity to the witness of the crime. 

On another note, did you guys notice - OHJ did INTENTIONALLY take off his watch right? To reflect it on the water tumbler so that HTS could look at the time? What was his point in doing that, can anyone explain? 

Yes, the paintings in the studio and in HTS's office looked similar: dark colors and the topics were very dark as well. Since he painted, I assumed that he was a painter. On the other hand, he was introduced as a photographer. He was walking around taking pictures. Maybe the pictures were sources of his inspirations. Yet, the way the first victim was found is intriguing. The death is staged...

The painting in the office, didn't it show a person hanging? quite similar to the first thug dead.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 2

Thanks @bebebisous33. And so HTS was trying to buy time? And as we saw in the Epilogue, he waited till there was only a few minutes left to his arrest to tel OHJ that he knows a secret? I still find it confusing why he wanted to be held for 48 hours. Presumably as the show said, to prevent OHJ from being at the crime scene to catch the real criminal? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, bebebisous33 said:

Yeh that why I think he the killer as I write I think the whole mask man he see maybe his imagination  

All the acting he did after witness  the crime as they want us to believe was odd and dont fit if there no other true   

57 minutes ago, The Reel Life said:

Yet the same kind of painting 

That why I think the witness  maybe be the killer and that the gang trying to find him to protect  him.and that he or the son or some family  member  of the gang leader  To go all the way for him 

About the watch yeh he did take it off for reason, ohj realized  that the only reason that the gang leader trun  himself  and ssk for him was to waste time but didnt know what 

The watch maybe using to pressure  on him or to watch his face changing  with the time 

And more I think OHJ  will use the time trick where he at some point will trick the team leader that time based on the watch is over when it still not 

• Like 5

@bebebisous33 @nona88 What you guys are saying about the witness makes so much sense! It also goes with the whole theme about “distorted” perception this drama seems to tackle on. What you “see” is not the “whole” truth. Very interesting! 

@Ameera Ali Some people complain about our Sooyoung being clumsy but she is so endearing to me! I love her and her clumsiness included :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

... { What is hell? Hell is oneself. 
Hell is alone, the other figures in it 
Merely projections. There is nothing to escape from , And nothing to escape to. One is always alone .. }  T.s.eliot 

:bawling::heartbreak:

Dont break my heart more then it broken the fact that he still back to that dark room and stay a lone in it  ( and nice choice of the   quote) 

His face and suffering Is killing  me

The fact that in day and night it the same from the inside it dark, lonely  and not really  living outside  that room even when he go out he still prison  of that place in his mind ...

The man really need someone  

Someone  become  his home 

Someone  become his saftey  zoon

Someone  he can escape  to him from all the darkness  that hunting  him 

Someone  telling him you suffering and it time to rest again 

• Like 7

7 hours ago, nona88 said:

And more I think OHJ  will use the time trick where he at some point will trick the team leader that time based on the watch is over when it still not 

I also thought so! I was thinking maybe he hs changed the time on his watch to purposely fool HTS into thinking that the arrest time is almost over so that HTS will let his guard down. 

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Biology Lesson said:

Seeing how the police officers around him reacted in the flashback, the murder scene should have especially horrific. I think we were shown that scene to show us just how detached he was able to be, being able to not react outwardly to the scene. I guess to him it's part of his job. But when he went back home his request of his fiance to be given time shows that he already knows that he can't remain detached with her, and that he needs to be given time to be able shift gears and reconnect with his emotions. It actually shows the change that he already underwent to be with her...

I really hope that the show will spend the time and introduce her to us, so that we will be able to understand his pain a bit more. There is an Indian movie called Ghajini, in which the protagonist also lost his love and wants to avenge her. But this movie spent the time to show us who she was and how he fell in love with her (also Indian movies can afford to do that being 3 hrs long :) ), so by the end of that long flashback we also fell in love with her and were able to also feel the pain of her loss. This is what I hope the show will be able to do for OHJ...

A man with no emotions hahahaha! 
Police officers should be pretty used to seeing corpse but I know what u mean, for those officers to react that way, that scene must be really really bad. 

and there u have a emotionless OHJ carefully looking thru the bodies to tell their stories — I must say he is very professional ! 

• Like 5

9 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Wow anything is possible and @azureblue7 thanks for that video translation. 

I believe ‘the guy’ is someone nearby or related like what JH alluded to... it could just be a passing remark but I do think that he is someone they all know or related to.

• Like 5

YOU KNOW there a scene i can't wait to see from ep 3

it the scene when OHJ and CSY tell each other about that moment that they regret the most 

when they both talk about the guilt that only them know and making them suffer 

the moment when they didn't choice their love one first above anything also 

i can see that moment from ep 3 when i saw what they have in common 

i can see that in many versions , but  it will  likely start with one of them talk about it in painful way and other  share his/ her story to make him / her feel better

i cant decide who i want to start and end 'that talk  ,it just , i cant wait for that scene, i think i am going to have it too , they didn't write them like this to miss that important scene in the future 

a scene when only they have the same power to help each other face that hidden guilt

anyone here with me thinking and waiting for that scene ?????

• Love 4