[Drama 2020] Tell Me What You Saw, 본대로 말하라

Prettysup

About the OHJ's scar... I was thinking it kinda looks like a bloody tear, that is common in anime and manga- do you think that was the intention? I know that JH doesn't shy from using makeup to convey his character's feelings- if I recall correctly it was his suggestion to add the painted on tears and the joker makeup in specific scenes in Fated to love you... 

【TVPP】Jang Hyuk - It’s All Because of You, 장혁 - 이게 다 탁실장 ...MGA: Capítulo 215 – Dolor Devastador | Scarlett ...

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

I have  to ask about the offer  that OHJ  was supposed  to say to CSY  we didn't  hear that so what going on !

Okay after  ep 8 I write  a long post about how he know he could back to work and have her as her partner  from the start and how he did all that cause he want her to work with him willingness and want her trust back ...( which was cute and nice view post of OHJ  real eason to go there with deal  )

So I am not going to talk about that again i am thinking  about if there another possibility or different use of the offer that we still dont know 

Even when CSY  asked he just tell her good job  and walk away , CSY  didnt have idea that he coming back to work to 

So my question  Is there another  offer  or deal that CSY  already agree on before she know about it?? Are he going to tell her and us later? Or already tell her and they will show us later  what this two working  on?? 

P.s. I mean since then he taking her with him everywhere  as it okay and like they already  agree in something and get to good terms 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 5

@Biology Lesson ah your point on how the tears and scars are being done in FTLY compared to this drama - good one! I can totally relate.

however, I think most viewers probably can’t because FTLY was a comedy and Lee Gun was flamboyant and exaggerating right from the start. 

whereas for this one - the feel is more like the scar in Chuno, where it’s there for real not illusion.

but again, I read someone saying this drama has some element of fantasy in it??? And this could be the only reason why the scar will eventually disappear, let’s see.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, kohnlee said:

but again, I read someone saying this drama has some element of fantasy in it??? And this could be the only reason why the scar will eventually disappear, let’s see.

Someone on twitter mentioned about him opening the wound himself as a reminder. So maybe he will stop self injuring himself (cutting the wound open) and then we will see the scar finally healing and not look so fresh, showing us that he is  healing inside too.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

Okay the scars thing I give up 

I have so much to worry  about and to think about him hurting himself  Is to much for me ( my heart broken already for him) 

Forget  logic thinking it just  a simplistic  thing that what I decided 

( I dont want to take it serious  I have enough  serious  thoughts of this drama) 

We in the second half of the drama I has so much to worry then that 

The text  previews  also hints that the old cases will start to move again 

( CSY  mother case  too) 

And if it all simplistic scars  and I decided  to give up logic  thinking about it then what about a loved kiss  to heal it:joy:

Anyway the week seem so long I even watch some other things this week ( I cant watch weekly all what I want to watch) 

But still the week is so long and the waiting is  just 

tenor.gif

And of course the searching for any news or still's 

tenor.gif

• LOL 6

5 hours ago, nona88 said:

And of course the searching for any news or still's 

It seems that OCN's style is to release all stills and news on Sat-Mon and then they zzz from Tue-Fri. So there is a big blank period with nothing in between, unlike other dramas which space out their releases.

Edited by LyraYoo
please do not quote images. thank you
  • Like 4

11 minutes ago, Prettysup said:

It seems that OCN's style is to release all stills and news on Sat-Mon and then they zzz from Tue-Fri. So there is a big blank period with nothing in between, unlike other dramas which space out their releases.

Yeh they killing me with this I love their  dramas but they still killing me with this each time I get so attached to one of their  dramas

They live the thrill  even in  the weekdays not only in the episodes :joy:

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Prettysup said:

Well, there are these vids, that seem to have mentions of the show and other OCN shows, but I have no idea what is being said. Is this like a weekly report of the comments concerning OCN's shows on the internet? I have no idea...

• Like 4

5 hours ago, azureblue7 said:

Someone on twitter mentioned about him opening the wound himself as a reminder. So maybe he will stop self injuring himself (cutting the wound open) and then we will see the scar finally healing and not look so fresh, showing us that he is  healing inside too.

That’s an interesting theory. Now I want to see OHJs arms to see if he is hurting himself somewhere else too. 

There’s already some fantasy elements, with the kid seeing the dead kid on the mirror. Let’s see if there’ll be some more. 

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, dramafan33 said:

Now I want to see OHJs arms to see if he is hurting himself somewhere else too. 

@budgerie would love that! :D

10 minutes ago, Sushimi said:

He is just repeating that question with his calm voice. :) so caring and lovely. I really really love it. He has that cold but yet warm side of him. :w00t: 

I remember that scene! He was just calmly calling out her name. Almost like trying to keep her calm and not be afraid. He does clearly have a soft spot for her. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Sushimi said:

Maybe this is just me, but his expression can tell he is like (he can’t do much) all he can do is to ask. That guilt or something. That scene really strike a cord on me for Jang Hyuk :) hehehe. I wanna see that kind of expression again :) 

I kinda felt that at the time too. His acting is so subtle and neutral, somehow aloof distant but somehow soft, that it allows us to interpret things many ways. However, I can’t help but wonder, what was he feeling or thinking about sending someone like her to so such risky work? Remember he “could” actually walk and see and he was kind of using her. 

• Like 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, corey said:

I think it is pretty established by now that he cannot feel much - he cannot empathise with other people's emotion. However, he must have had a truly heart of stone not to be moved by hearing her - so I am imagining that it was during this scene that he started to feel for her - fall for her slightly??? She was so brave - I think if I were in her shoes  - when she turned on the lights in the chamber with the corpses and saw it - I would just sit in a corner with my eyes closed screaming at the top of my voice.

And that is why she was so hurt by him using her - she fully believed he cannot move or see. I would have been furious, too.

Yeh not just because  she a rookie  in homicide  cases we saw in the flashback of OHJ past when  the scene  is so gross and so many old bodys and the smell so high even the man and  more experienced detectives couldn't  handle  it  

( they human after all no matter how they us used to it- that flashback was important to see even how OHJ couldnt find someone to work with him too )

CSY it was only her second  case and seeing murder body  and it was so hard so many bodies  and they where  killed for so much time it horrible scene 

Even when she couldn't  handle it she keeped  walking into it and trying to do her best work  and answer OHJ  questions and even didnt  give up searching for the victim 

So if we compare  her to the scene of OHJ  flashback  when he was trying to explain  and teach  the other detectives but they running  away and look at him like he inhuman then  sure CSY  impress him so much In that scene to the point  that he want to have her work with him 

But he was also touched  from the heart too as you said that episode scenes break his walls  she just connected to him mind and heart that why I said deciding to help her in that moment wasn't part of his trick or lie he did really was moved by her 

" she weak but have a surprising  brave side"  

" she no good but she trying her best " 

he talked about her with so much curiosity  and interesting after that case 

And if she didn't matter  to him he wouldn't care about hurting  her but even while he was talking  with her about the offer  there  a second  when she asked him again why he are you here?  and he for a second look at her face breath before speaking ( me seeing he looked at her face realizing that she still hurt, angry or uncomfortable around him and it matter to him) 

Edited by nona88
  • Like 7
  • Insightful 1