[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Ewha hospital enjoys PR effect from medical drama ‘Hospital Playlist’

Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital said that “Hospital Playlist,” a popular medical drama that recently ended on cable TV channel tvN, helped people recognize the hospital better.

Located in Gangseo-gu, western Seoul, the hospital was featured as “Yulje Medical Center” in the drama where five doctors have been close friends since they entered the same medical school in 1999.

The TV drama crew started shooting the series at the hospital in October last year. They used the hospital’s lobby, the cafe, patient care rooms, wards, the Healing Garden on the fourth floor, the underground parking lot, and the 63 Ward as scenes of Yulje Medical Center.

The production team also created a separate TV set that looked similar to a site of the Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital.

The hospital provided not only the site but a physician as a medical advisor for the drama. Hong Geun, head of the Organ Transplantation Center at the Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital, offered tips on a script of hepato-biliary-pancreatic surgeon Lee Ik-jun, played by actor Jo Jung-suk, and participated in the shooting of a scene at the operating room.

Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital was also featured in other dramas, including the SBS series “Doctor John” that aired last year, and KBS drama “Forest” that aired the finale in March.

Opened in May last year, Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital won the Excellence Prize of the 2019 Korea Architecture Award and the Grand Prize of the 2019 Korean Green Building Award.

“As a new university hospital, it is difficult to promote its brand in reality. So, we decided to produce an indirect publicity effect through drama shooting,” said Lim Soo-mee, director of Ewha Womans University Seoul Hospital. “In addition to the PR effect, it is also meaningful that hospital employees can be proud of where they work.”

This hospital is well designed, no wonder they used this hospital for filming

• Like 4
  • Awesome 5
  • Thanks 1

There's one thing I want to know why Jun Wan didn't serve in the military. I think at one point in his life he had been sick physically or mentally, and SH helped him through it. I hope they show the reason in season 2

• Like 1

@__jesse I love and agree everything about your post!!!! Ahhh I wish I knew Korean language better to pick up these Easter eggs by the PD&writer duo!! :bawling: I usually loves crumbs and details like this!!!

and @bee_wannabe

i think uri GU had that moment too with the mother, though not AS impactful. It was about guardian where she explains the details of her son’s surgery by drawing easy diagrams and then the mother proceeds to give her a thankful hug and then slipping her the coffee bottle. :wub:

15 hours ago, kokodus said:

So if Jeong won had given Gyeo ul peppero sticks instead of Chocopies, people would've believed them as canon? Hmmm But he gave her the snack she wanted, there were a lot of snacks in the tray, he could've given her anything, but he meticulously noticed that she only liked this particular snack to even eat two of them in one sitting. This is funny because they are in the middle of a meeting and instead of concentrating on that, he was stealing glances at her to see what she was eating and plotting in his mind on how to smoothly pass her those chocopies. He is so whipped. LOL. 

If he had eaten those choco pies himself, that would've been counted as a clue I guess. LOL. But no he saved it for Gyeo ul, he only ate the pepero sticks and saved the precious chocopies for his girl. Hahaha.

Contrast to this is kalguksu scene when he was extremely annoyed at SONG HWA, yes supposedly his first love according to some, and Junwan for eating all the meat and leaving him just with tofu. LOL. If it was Gyeo ul, he would've put all the meat in her bowl just like how he gave her those remaining two chocopies. Hahahaha. 

I swear if I hear the word locked in one more time......:vicx:

Jeong won being the protective boyfriend closing Gyeo Ul's ears with his large thumb so that she doesn't have to hear these theories about him and Songhwa. LOL. 

"Don't listen to them Gyeo ul-ah. I only belong to you" LOL. 

LMAOOO I LOVE THIS SOOO MUCH AND I LOVE YOUUU FOR THISSS HAHAHAH

:wub::lol:

can always count on you to come to WG rebuttal rescues from haters !! :w00t:

I mean during that meeting JWon even looks like he pretends to eat those pepero sticks so he had an excuse to keep glancing over at her. Cuz when yo mouth is busy chewing food, yo eyes are allowed to wander to the sight you wanna see the most :ph34r:

• Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 3

@sillyvivian_yo89 I agree that he only put that pepero stick in his mouth so that he can have a reason to steal glances at her. LOL. He is soooo smooth, I don't whether to love him for this or hate him. 

Btw, Excellent timing girl. I just read your Blind date Fanfic and I was going to reply to you in the WG thread, but you tagged me here, so I might as well say it here about how much I liked it. Jeong won needs to do more grovelling for the all the lies he told her. LOL. Gyeo ul is such a pure soul so she wouldn't know about the ramen innuendo but Jeong won being the pervert he is must have know what it means. Hahahahahaha this is so funny I want it to happen in the next season. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, sillyvivian_yo89 said:

i think uri GU had that moment too with the mother, though not AS impactful. It was about guardian where she explains the details of her son’s surgery by drawing easy diagrams and then the mother proceeds to give her a thankful hug and then slipping her the coffee bottle. :wub:

:ph34r:

I know but as you said it is not that impactful and I'm such a greedy fan craving for more contents when it comes to GU :D;)

• Like 1
  • Love 3

@__jesse I LOVE EVERYTHING YOU SAID

may I add another small detail around the beginning of ep 12 before the surgery in your picture too that as soon as he hears about a patient that needs his surgical skill, he calls/relies on Gyeoul right away to be his assistant without at any hesitation. Like you said, at that point, he has completely trusted her to share his burden with :wub:

• Like 10
  • Love 11
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

^ Awwwwwww look at the way YYS look at SHB while he's introducing their ship name :wub: HE"S ALSO SO SMITTEN WITH HER :w00t:

@kokodus awww thank you for your kind words and thank you for reading my fanfic. :wub: It means a lot!!!!! I channel a lot of you guys' WG analyses and findings into the work too LOL so I love it whenever I see your insightful posts about supporting/defending our JeongWon-GyeoUl sooooo passionately :wub::lol:

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

@__jesse as always your analysis is enlightening for me. I already saw that Andrea slowly but surely relying on GU, but I was totally clueless about that heart poster. You're very sharp on your observation.

I also realise that being together with the lacking five, also a huge emotional support for him as well. He did work together with Junwan, even lived together with him. But as a tsundere, I don't think Jun Wan cannot be an enough mental support for him. He did served as his financial support, without Jun Wan Andrea cannot afford his DDL program. So I do think added support from IkSong as mental support matter. As for Seokhyung, him being the inisiator of the band, all of lacking 5 including Andrea did find the band as a refugee from their stressful profession.

Moving to Yulje, get financial backup from VIP ward, then IkSong eventually know his DDL, also kinda ease his stress. That made him realise that being a doctor was not as stressful, his true calling. Add to that that he can also vent about his patients to the lacking 5, the bad news or the good news, at lunch/dinner. If one busy in an operation, there were always backup, something that was not happening when there were only Jun Wan around.

The same thing also happen to Junwan. Only in Yulje he did find a reliable resident. Jae Hak, who act as his voice of reason in how to improve his bedside manner and someone who eventually see him beyond his exterior. Actually I ship this bromance so much.

• Like 6
  • Love 8
  • Insightful 3

15 hours ago, superspace said:

I really appreciate Shin-Lee for being detail and consistent in story and character development.

Be inspired by @queue's comment on how Gyeoul always eat double portion, almost all her eating/drinking scenes are consistently double :sweatingbullets:

She eat double sandwich and ramen cup

She also get double choco pie and BTS coffee

Actually she ate three sandwiches in that scene LOL :lol:

And of course because she gets everything in pair, now she's in the WinterGarden 'pair' too.:w00t::wub:

• Like 6
  • LOL 3

55 minutes ago, kokodus said:

My guess is that Jeong won already knows about Songhwa and IkJun's past. Even in 10th ep during the cigarette convo, when Ikjun said, "Don't end up like me and regret it later" Jeong won looked up like he knew exactly what he was talking about. But the only thing that bothers me is that Jeong won is the one who set up IkJun's ex wife with him, so if he knew about them, shouldn't he try to matchmake their two friends together. LOL. Maybe he only knew one side of the story...?! 

Well, my guess the reason is:
1. Jeongwon only knew one side story, e.g: Ikjun had crush to Songhwa or Songhwa had crush to Ikjun. He thought it was just one side love.

2. Or Jeongwon knew that both of them had crush to each other (and he also knew that Seokhyung involved in this triangle love), but Jeongwon thought that Ikjun & Songhwa already moved on. Like Dr. Bong said, Ikjun always dated in colleges, and Songhwa also dated her senior. Based on Jeongwon’s personality, eventhough he can sense something, he is not a type that want to interfere his friends’ privacy unless his friends told him directly (different with Ikjun who is also smart in sensing something and willing to be the matchmaker :lol:).

• Like 10
  • Love 5

@Cantabile I'm leaning more on your first theory. I particularly think Jeong won knows about Songhwa's feelings for Ikjun. Either he noticed it himself as he is very observant or Songhwa confided in him in the past. Songhwa and Jeong won seems to have this precious bond and as some have mentioned here they are "Locked-in" with each other's feelings. :w00t: So it's highly likely that we will see Songhwa's Pov in the next season through Jeong won like we saw Jeong won's feelings for Gyeo ul through Songhwa in this season.

During the funeral scene in 2nd ep, Jeong won looked at Songhwa first when Chairman Ju asked if anything happened between the friends. In 12th ep, when Jeong won was eating Risotto in Songhwa's office, Songhwa was about to tell something to JWon when he mentioned Ikjun but held back. I really want Jeong won to play cupid for IkSong in the next season. It's my only wish, please make it happen Shin PD. LOL. 

• Like 11
  • LOL 5
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 2