[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

1 hour ago, romancetrash said:

About that, Jungpal-Deoksun and Chilbong-Najung also have album cover for their otps so...

Yeah, album covers, unfortunately, are not that accurate.

That may be so, but so could be other clues being inaccurate then. Like I said, shippers will always only see what they want to see. Even to the point when the OTP is already firmly confirmed, there will be denials and theories by shippers to deny the confirmed OTP :sweat_smile:

Let's keep the peace and fun atmosphere in this thread.

For newcomers, you may not know but there have been threads being locked down due to ugly shipping wars. Some locked for days, some locked forever (after several warnings). Yes, these shipping business can get reeaaaally ugly.

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 4

2 hours ago, nrllee said:

Flowers don’t bloom in Winter.  They start to bloom in the Garden in Spring.

this isn’t fact , according to google god of knowledge is possible :joy:

5ebf2eb370842723771963.jpg?download

# science on me :D

• Like 9
  • LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 5
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, RWinger47 said:

I was talking about SeongHwa's situation where she will become a replacement... like a spare tire.

If you are wholeheartedly fine... to take part in your 20-year-friend's marital and social experiment into marrying by trial-and-error, then kudos to you. Perhaps you will break the jinx, and not become another error.  But, I was saying think, think, think before diving into it headfirst.

Sorry for the ignorance....its inborn.  :D

In what way will Songhwa become replacement? I dont see any sign of Ikjun looking for a rebound or something. If he looked a replacement for his ex wife, wouldnt he look for someone similar as his ex wife? Calling someone who marries/dates a widowers as replacement just feels wrong to me.

And who knows whether they will marry or not in the end, considering its been pointed out that Songhwa never marries despite having a long term relationship. Maybe they would end up in a non marital but exclusive relationship like Jesse-Celine from Before Trilogy lol.

And frankly, I do not appreciate Ikjun's ex wife and his whole, complicated, experience of being married, reduced to be simply an "error". Ikjun himself defended his marriage as without it, there wouldnt be Wooju

• Like 9
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I watched Reply 1997 and that remains to be one of my most loved drama that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend people to watch. I didn't watch R94 nor R88, somehow couldn't get into it. Because of the numerous reference to R88 and R94, I decided to try watching yesterday... IMO, the vibes I'm feeling is so very different from what I feel while watching HP. The feels when watching HP is more like watching Prison Playbook.

I guess I just want to share that I will never compare it to Reply series, because this is Play series. Although there is the same a writer and director combo, it is not impossible that they're creating something new and distinguishable in the dramas they produce together. Otherwise, why not name this drama Reply 1999?

However, if we really really want to compare with Reply series, let me compare the OTP in R97 (spoiler ahead). Please note that R97 was never ever mentioned as point of reference, I wonder why when it is also by the same writer-director duo. Isn't it a biased view if one does not consider R97 as reference to this duo's work but only R88/94? So anyway, in R97, the final OTP has a theme song, or rather, the cast sang duet for this song. While in HP, JWon/YYS sang a song too, OST4 with the cover of JWon and GW. The only couple featured in the cover of all the soundtracks released so far. Isn't that an obvious enough sign/direction?

Anyway, shippers will always only see what they want to see. Don't get offended or bothered or provoked. Like IkJun said, just go with what your heart tells you ;)

Thanks for this I think @Dramageek previously mention an interview where the director made reference to Prison playbook and I really felt the same vibe with it. It is of course more relatable with this theme because it is set in a more normal day-to-day situation. 

Like some already mentioned, this drama isn't only focused on the romance but also on daily life. It's not only about the medical profession and it's challenges but it's also about the doctor's life, their decisions and how they keep their life wholesome. 

Honestly, I am glad I never watched reply series before and have only enjoyed Prison Playbook, otherwise I wouldn't be able to enjoy the drama the same way. 

• Like 8
  • Love 1

On 5/13/2020 at 4:27 AM, nrllee said:

Ordinarily I wouldn’t be so picky or look so hard but because it’s a fact that this duo don’t let cast do ad libs and every scene is meticulously crafted, the viewer needs to look with different eyes.  

JJS did ad libs in the drama. If you follows the behind the scene closely, you would have seen it.

One example is the drink Maldives at Mojito and turning of his gloved hand.

The duo does allow ad libs at certain scene

@RWinger47 Re-married is not looking for replacement. Deciding to marry a divorced guy is not being a replacement.

To do so, many factors had to be considered 

Different couples has different factors which brought them together, be it being positive or negative factors.

Don’t judge

Your view is too extreme 

@ktcjdrama I feel that as this is a Play series, we should focus more on their daily lives and not too much on guessing the who will end up with who.

However, seem like it is unavoidable  as some are watching it as a Reply series and furthermore they filmed it with some Reply elements.

Therefore, majority of the posts here had focused on romance and shipping

• Like 13
  • Love 1

21 minutes ago, midflight said:

They’re the example of a she grew on me. After the second episode, they have minimal speaking scenes, but if you look at JW, you see the subtle changes in his demeanor. The scrunching of his brows, tension in his posture, distant look... It’s all there. Just because we don’t see him praising her outright or sharing those cute moments and dialogues doesn’t mean that his feelings for her aren’t changing. She has also been in his service too, and he knows the praised Ik-jun has for her because he has seen it first-hand. Just because JW doesn’t say them doesn’t mean they’re not there. That distant look he had in episode 7 when her younger brother fetched her? Ik-jun, who was far away, even picked up on it. I think, as a mentor, he is already proud of her, most especially when he saw her go out of her way to explain the procedure in a manner that even he didn’t do.

@midflight Cut your post to focus on the specific part I would like to comment on. 

Now that you mentioned it, his banmal was indeed after 

1. He heard her assumed boyfriend used banmal, although we now know that he is her younger brother. I say there is still 50% chance that he completely believed that she has moved on , is seeing and sharing space with someone. I hope not because then he would likely not make a move

2. Realising she has moved on - because of pick up and drop off scene and Ik Jun's plan 

3. Pep talk with Ik Jun - getting a cheerleader for your feelings and someone telling you that it is reasonable to want it 

4. Ik Jun's comfortable relationship with her and doting on her would also be enough to make him want to have the same comfortable relationship. When one have feelings for someone even a crush, naturally one would want to be more comfortable and friendly with the crush. Which is likely why Gyeo Ul will have her first surgery relating to his paeds case. 

• Like 6
  • Love 8

53 minutes ago, ryanallright said:

The duo does allow ad libs at certain scene

Sorry I was wrong to assume that, I took that thought from someone who read their interviews from past dramas.  They have probably loosened up more to allow some here and there?   But only if it doesn’t matter in the story line or affect the big scheme of things.  The Kalguksu scene was meticulously crafted to reveal the group dynamics (PD said so).  So I pay attention to what they reveal in interviews so I can pick out what scenes are critical and what scenes are just by the by.  I think the one where IJ asks Andrea to help clean his face was also given some leeway (from watching the bts).  This duo has a particular story they want to tell and if the ad libs don’t take away from the story line, they will probably allow it.  JJS is great with comedy so his ad libs would probably add to the scene rather than take away from it.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, midflight said:

That’s precisely why he asked Gyeo-ul to trust him. That is why they gambled. He knows his friend is set on becoming a priest, so it would take extraordinary measures to nudge him out of it. And we see it in the way Jeung-won reacted. If he were totally okay with Gyeo-ul getting together with someone, he wouldn’t have acted so... quiet.

The whole dialogue about God, happiness, and his heart isn’t just about Gyeo-ul. It’s about Ik-jun asking him to stay as a doctor. He has seen how Jeung-won acts with his patients (e.g. the preceeding scene) and knows how amazing he is.

They’re the example of a she grew on me. After the second episode, they have minimal speaking scenes, but if you look at JW, you see the subtle changes in his demeanor. The scrunching of his brows, tension in his posture, distant look... It’s all there. Just because we don’t see him praising her outright or sharing those cute moments and dialogues doesn’t mean that his feelings for her aren’t changing.

Wow, This is amazing!

You point out and highlight all the important thing that I am 1000% agree with you. :wub:

This is not a typical drama from typical writer and PD.

All details have meaning and reason behind it.

Thank youuuu

ezgif-1-4d35e29ec7f1.gif

And sorry If I also add little thing:

I am very impressed when Ikjun said that he will keep it a secret. He didn't aske Jeong-won for confessing or start dating with Gyeoul. He know the best that his friend just need to be honest with his feeling which maybe caused a headache for him.

ezgif-1-2ab2e36005ba.gif

The writer and PD really did amazing work for developing many amazing & touching characters.

• Like 14
  • Love 5

Because we were blessed by writer in Ep10.  FlowerGardeners...compilation of our OTP. :)

27994507-5659-4292-BAD4-1796301-CCE3-E.j

Someone to lean on.  SHwa leans on Andrea’s shoulder :wub:

BCD9-B2-CA-8-E4-A-40-DE-B0-E7-7-C0-DF692

Yes JeongWon - she proposed. :wub:

ADB9-C269-2-C3-D-4-C30-887-C-EA2-E824-F0

Yes sing it Andrea... to your One True Love. :wub:

Spoiler

8313-D611-2-EA3-44-A3-81-AF-91-B6-C21-A0

• Love 5
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, RWinger47 said:

About the 40 and 20 something fellas.

Be more natural and fitting for a 40-something to marry someone in the same age group, unless no one really fits the bill among his/her contemporaries. Of course this is a matter of choice and preference, and/or if the younger person is exceedingly special or extraordinary. Then, all is fair in love and war. 

Talking about commitment.... lucky are those who have remained firm and faithful to their principles, beliefs and convictions....including their first love. SeokHyung was rejected or gave up; while IkJun has married someone else.

Oh what little faith...now divorced and back to SeongHwa... like marrying by trial-and-error. Any self respecting ajumma (with pride still intact) should think twice, think thrice, think even more... no matter how truly impeccable and wise the guy is. Unless perhaps he is the only man around, whereas JeongWon has kept the faith all this time. Precisely why I am not into IK-Swa, or SH-Swa redux.  

Like the saying goes...  "Good things come to those who wait".

This comment reeks of ignorance... The rate we go just to prove a point is alarming. Are you saying people are not meant to make mistakes or a bad choice and when they do ,they are not good enough? 

We learn through life experiences n the mistakes we make. I would even be weary of people like jeong won ; people who are indecisive n scared to put their heart out on the the line.  Although I am not married ,being a divorcee or a single parent is nothing to be ashamed of and it doesn't make them a lesser human. There is something called Timing in life and it's not every one who gets it so when life gives second chances ,you grab its by the one lock of hair on it's head (like Kairos ,the god of opportunity in Greek).

And a person who decides to go after a divorcee or single parent knows what's best for them ,their decision. Why lose a good man /woman just cos he or she has made a mistake before?.

Cheers to the divorcee and single parents and fulfilment and happiness unto those who choosed them.

• Like 16
  • Love 7
  • Insightful 1

https://yeoniverse.wordpress.com/2020/03/17/hospital-playlists-ahn-jeong-won-yoo-yeon-seok-full-characters-description/

Rereading Andrea character description again. It was said that Andrea wanted to be priest long before his brothers did. Poor thing, brothers and sisters beat him to it.

There were two mistery/flashback that the writer haven't reveal to us yet.

1. His 20s budding romance. Flowergardener ship pretty sure it was Songhwa. The probability that it was Songhwa is high in my opinion. But we did not know if it was one sided like Seok Hyung or mutual. Did he confess like Seok Hyung or never confess like Ikjun?

2. Traumatic incident with kids (patient?) who made him give up photography and question his profession as pediatric doctor (wanna go back to priesthood).

If it was not Song Hwa, the woman he loves in his 20s probably related to case number 2. The reason why he left photography. Maybe his patient mum? Dunno.

I really hope that this two events will be revealed in the next episode.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 6