[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

31 minutes ago, GUADELAIMI said:

I've seen that maybe it's because of the time she spent with Ikjun with his head on SongHwa's shoulder

10 minutes ago, zonk90 said:

I think Song Hwa wearing that neck brace becoz IJ sleep on her shoulder when in taxi. maybe she's too nervous, when IJ sleep on her shoulder. :lol::lol:

Y'all think Ik Jun is the one who broke her neck? LOL. His crime rate is increasing. Hehehe. Already so many people hate him. This will be a perfect chance to blame him for being inconsiderate towards a woman. Bwahahahahaha. 

• LOL 14

@GUADELAIMI I see, it could be either as SHwa clothes look similar for both

@enigmatic_zephy but the two of them are not alone, if JWan is there, means IJ and SHyeong is there as well. 

Anyway I understand that Writer Lee is also the writer for the Over Flowers series and she works closely with both Shin PD and Na PD.

Some of us had hoped for the five to be on the show and with YYS and JJS having the experience of being on the variety show, but I think with the current situation, it seem impossible for it to happen this year.

Maybe we could hope for next year instead after season 2 ends their filming and kidnap them on the last day B)

Also realised HP official IG followed this account 채널십오야 IG , interesting. 

1 hour ago, GUADELAIMI said:

I'm Iksong Shipper but I don't really know if it's just me, but no one else noticed SHwa's discomfort/seriousness when Ikjun has his head on her shoulder in the preview of chapter 11.

I noticed that too but as they say, don't be fooled by the preview :D 

1 hour ago, GUADELAIMI said:

I'm afraid that SongHwa's first love isn't Ikjun because of her reaction to him, I feel that the one SongHwa followed when they were at university isn't him, but Joon Wan.

My first inkling was Junwan as well but after ep.10, i'm sort of leaning now to Jeung-won being SongHwa's first love. This is just purely my own interpretation and guesswork. I don't mind if I'm wrong in the end but I just wanted to share it... well, I think the reason why IkJun didn't pursue SongHwa is because Seong-hyung told him who she really likes. In their drinking session, After SH left, he drank some more. I don't think Ik-Jun is the defeatist type. He is a person of strong determination. He haven't started and he already given up? it's just not him.

So, I don't think Seong-Hyun is the reason why he didn't pursue Song-Hwa... Ep.2 tackles about "Crossing the line"  Who is the person he doesn't want to cross line with, It cannot be  Seong-Hyun coz he's already out. 

Anyways, It's just the first of the series, it's just a beginning, establishing the past, then comes the present and their future... So don't you worry about IkJun/SongHwa and other characters... As they say, the game isn't over till the whistle blows. ;) 

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

Me di cuenta de que también, pero como dicen, no se deje engañar por la vista previa :D 

Mi primer indicio fue Junwan también, pero después de ep.10, me inclino ahora a Jeung-won siendo el primer amor de SongHwa. Esto es puramente mi propia interpretación y conjeturas. No me importa si me equivoco al final, pero sólo quería compartirlo... Bueno, creo que la razón por la que IkJun no persiguió a SongHwa es porque Seong-hyung le dijo a quién le gusta realmente. En su sesión de beber, Después de que SH se fue, bebió un poco más. No creo que Ik-Jun sea del tipo derrotista. Es una persona de fuerte determinación. ¿No ha empezado y ya se ha dado por un acuerdo? simplemente no es él.

Por lo tanto, no creo que Seong-Hyun sea la razón por la que no persiguió a Song-Hwa... Ep.2 aborda sobre "Cruzar la línea" Quién es la persona con la que no quiere cruzar la línea, No puede ser Seong-Hyun coz ya está fuera.

De todos modos, es sólo la primera de la serie, es sólo un comienzo, estableciendo el pasado, luego viene el presente y su futuro... Así que no te preocupes por IkJun/SongHwa y otros personajes... Como dicen, el juego no termina hasta que suene el silbato. ;) 

I have honestly thought of any of them except Seong Hyun and Ikjun for SHwa's first love, Seong Hyun because she rejected him before, and Ikjun because they have taken it so far that who is her first love,  when they could say he is Ikjun from the beginning, and since we were not really shown who SongHwa was following, it is possible that he is not

But it's like you say wait and see.

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, DonnaMae said:

I noticed that too but as they say, don't be fooled by the preview :D 

My first inkling was Junwan as well but after ep.10, i'm sort of leaning now to Jeung-won being SongHwa's first love. This is just purely my own interpretation and guesswork. I don't mind if I'm wrong in the end but I just wanted to share it... well, I think the reason why IkJun didn't pursue SongHwa is because Seong-hyung told him who she really likes. In their drinking session, After SH left, he drank some more. I don't think Ik-Jun is the defeatist type. He is a person of strong determination. He haven't started and he already given up? it's just not him.

So, I don't think Seong-Hyun is the reason why he didn't pursue Song-Hwa... Ep.2 tackles about "Crossing the line"  Who is the person he doesn't want to cross line with, It cannot be  Seong-Hyun coz he's already out. 

Can you elaborate? I don't think I get what you are saying. You think it's JWon? Tbh after ep 10 I also thought that its possible her first crush is JWon. But if you are saying Ikjun didn't confess to SHwa because he knew she loved JWon and now that he is setting JWon up with Gyeo ul, It just feels soooo wrong at so many levels, don't you think? People will say Ikjun wants to get JWon out of the picture and that's why he is encouraging JWon and Gyeo ul to be together. LOL.

Plus during the scene where he went to get the test results with Songhwa he said that he only knew Seok hyeong confessed and got rejected. He doesn't know the details. I believe in him when he said that. LOL. 

• Like 14

I wasn’t going to add anything because everyone has made a point and I appreciate all the remarks has been made, even if it doesn’t fit mine

But I have a new theory about how Andrea is giving up to priesthood ( just my wild imagination, don’t mind me :D)

I think his headaches are related to a cva ( cerebrovascular accident) so he need surgery ( of course Songwha perform the surgery) and he’s put on an induced comma that lead to a near dead experience in which he get a divine revelation Ottae? 

• Naughty 3
  • Love 2
  • Awesome 1

Wow! what an episode, its my favourite coz i got so many wintergarden moments and first ever flowergarden scene (also yoo yeo seok sang, gosh my heart just dropped there!!!).

I am actually open to both wintergarden and flowergarden. But I feel that songhwa's first crush was jeongwon (how adorable, soft and kind he is to kids and as we saw in this episode towards her too she might have fallen for it atleast once in 20 yrs of friendship) and she got over it . And maybe there are more reasons as to why ikjun never confessed his feeling which will be revealed later.

I think jeongwon will pursue his dream of being a priest but will later realize his real passion and return to yulje.

Also his headache really alarms me coz it is more frequent now and we know there is a reason for everything in this series so it cannot be taken lightly and I feel that jeongwon has a clue about what is happening to him as he tries to show its just a mild headache and he is not sick.

As for his love line I feel he really doesn't have feelings for gyoeul but he knows she has a crush on him (remember the scene where ikjun asked him how he thinks about gyoeul and it was cut) and we know he catches things quickly also he was not surprised when ikjun said he wants gyoeul to be happy with....him. I feel he knows she likes him but he doesn't know how to address that since he has his dreams of priesthood but at the same time he might be slowly having a liking towards her too as she is showing her growth as a warm person but its not upto the extent of loving her but more like respecting and liking her as a human. And maybe that will grow more and more into love later. And if it does I feel andrea will be loving to the point of no return.

I also feel rosa somehow would accept his choice of being a priest soon as she seems to slowly giving up knowing he has the same determination as her and she could be easily persuaded the next time.

Btw I am dying to know his love in 20s..who is she? What happened? Will there be something in future related to that too? 

• Like 5

1 hour ago, kokodus said:

Plus during the scene where he went to get the test results with Songhwa he said that he only knew Seok hyeong confessed and got rejected. He doesn't know the details. I believe in him when he said that. LOL.

IkJun is clever. Say, even if Seok-hyeong don't know (though I bet he knows) Do you think IkJun wouldn't know, wouldn't find a way to find out? For sure, he will investigate and get to the bottom of it.

Somehow, in our own personal lives we also have crushes and interests at school/college and the first thing we make sure: first, if they already dating someone, gf/bf and crushes. No one can keep that as a secret. Not unless you're billy no mates and no one to tell... last ep. Capt. Ahn said: "They say that sneezing and love can't be hidden." 

Even though SH got rejected by SongHwa, I feel that Seok-Hyeong is more of Song-Hwa's confidant, a person she share secret with  Episode 1, Scene 1 was them and it's about re-connecting lines...the power cut-off, electric shock, emergency, hospital... I think he knows her secrets, i.e. if ever there's one ;) 

• Like 2

On 5/12/2020 at 9:27 PM, nrllee said:

Ordinarily I wouldn’t be so picky or look so hard but because it’s a fact that this duo don’t let cast do ad libs and every scene is meticulously crafted, the viewer needs to look with different eyes.  

I was the same when I first started this drama, I just watched it for pure fun and entertainment. Then I started getting confused in some scenes. I have more questions than answers. I search for clues, then stumbled on theories...I haven't watched Kdramas like this. Its like a game of cluedo. Its actually fun once you know what to look for.... I think I am now joining your theory re: end game. ;) 

NB: Moderator, how do you consolidate posts?

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

9 hours ago, rafeusjanela said:

Their friendship in the present is also refreshing to watch, especially for the reason that (in my point of view) there exists no love triangle within the group. It would be a bit weary (for me) to watch 40-year-olds have their 20-year friendship broken over romantic love, and it wouldn't match their age to do that.

About the 40 and 20 something fellas.

Be more natural and fitting for a 40-something to marry someone in the same age group, unless no one really fits the bill among his/her contemporaries. Of course this is a matter of choice and preference, and/or if the younger person is exceedingly special or extraordinary. Then, all is fair in love and war. 

Talking about commitment.... lucky are those who have remained firm and faithful to their principles, beliefs and convictions....including their first love. SeokHyung was rejected or gave up; while IkJun has married someone else.

Oh what little faith...now divorced and back to SeongHwa... like marrying by trial-and-error. Any self respecting ajumma (with pride still intact) should think twice, think thrice, think even more... no matter how truly impeccable and wise the guy is. Unless perhaps he is the only man around, whereas JeongWon has kept the faith all this time. Precisely why I am not into IK-Swa, or SH-Swa redux.  

Like the saying goes...  "Good things come to those who wait".

• Like 2
  • Unamused 6
  • Confused 3
  • Love 1

Great posts on different opinions.  I wait patiently and continue to paddle in the FlowerGarden canoe.  I respect the contrasting views but remain unmoved and unconvinced :D.  I have seen enough and await S2 and S3.  Flowers don’t bloom in Winter.  They start to bloom in the Garden in Spring. A long winter has been foretold anyway and going by timelines that’s where this season will end (speculation).  I await warmer times in Spring for the Writer to add more to the story.  I respect what Writer and PD have revealed in the undercurrent of the obvious plot line.  We’ll see if my guesses are right or wrong. It won’t be resolved for another few years?  Given S2 isn’t screening till June 2021?  She’s given me more than what I expected already in the couple scenes in Ep10 for FlowerGarden.  I didn’t expect anything till sometime in S2.  Given MiDo said in an interview when asked to describe HP in a nutshell and she chose “plot twist” and the fact that she described Andrea’s character as “someone she can rely on” (a mirror of her lines in Ep10 when it comes to dating colleagues) and she described IJ as her “best friend”, I will take her word for it and keep the faith.  :lol:

• Like 7

@RWinger47 post bother me. So if someone loves somebody with past, divorcee and single parent, than that someone (ahjumma) have no self respect and his/her pride is not intact? Wow! What an insulting statement!

I get that it is easier to meet someone without baggage from his/her past. Dating single parent definitely harder than dating single bachelor/rette without kid. Dating single parent means that you got to accept and love and his/her kid as a plus one, two, or more; also you must try to get along with your spouse ex. But heart wants what it wants, someone who choose this path definitely need to be more mature and wiser, far from lack of self respect and pride.

I am not a single parent myself, but I respect them a lot. So to you all single parent, in this forum or everywhere else, you are worthy of second chance in love and relationship! Don't let any stigma from ignorant people get to you

• Like 16
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, RWinger47 said:

Oh what little faith...now divorced and back to SeongHwa... like marrying by trial-and-error. Any self respecting ajumma (with pride still intact) should think twice, think thrice, think even more... no matter how truly impeccable and wise the guy is. Unless perhaps he is the only man around, whereas JeongWon has kept the faith all this time. Precisely why I am not into IK-Swa, or SH-Swa redux.  

Like the saying goes...  "Good things come to those who wait".

This view is really weird for me, iam not married yet, so i guess ruled them out bcs they were married kinda turn me off? 

Someone cant love people with past (divorcee and single parent) bcs that someone will have no self respect? What? So do you think divorcee and single parent have less value than the one who is single? Why?

Its not just about the drama, but everyone deserve a second chance. 

Good things may come to those who wait, but only the things left by those who hustle, so waiting that long is not good too, esp if you do not include it with actions. that opportunity will be taken back by others. 

Edited by revel best
Adding this and that
  • Like 11
  • Love 1

O and for those who feel that it doesn’t make sense for Writer to build something up for 9 episodes only to tear it down again, she’s been secretly building something in the undercurrent with the Princess and her Prince Charming trope.  So question I guess is if she opts to go for the undercurrent story or the obvious story?  Why bother with the undercurrent story at all?  It’s a total waste of screen time and dialogue space?

It started with a fateful encounter (Right from Ep1)...IJ (Darth Vader) meets GU (the resident at YulJe) - they perform surgery together.  IJ was never meant to do surgery at the hospital.  He just “happened to be there”.  :lol: SHwa had to pull strings to allow him to do so.

The initial rejection.  He pleads for her to “pick me” but she picks someone else's surgery.  And the exhilaration when she finally does pick him (with Prince Grumpy watching on).

He pursues her but is self sacrificing.  Playing detective (taking pics of her crush), pulling out all stops to help her and be with her, even if it means seeing her pursue someone else.

They share intimate moments. In the courtyard sitting side by side (no line between them :huh:).  He defends her constantly, complimenting her when Prince Grumpy opts to stay silent.  He was the one concerned during her disciplinary hearing and asking how it went.

They declare their liking to the public.  IJ “she’s hardworking”  as opposed to Andrea’a “she’s not my cup of tea”.  She tells residents, “I like him.” and she doesn’t care that he has a kid. 

He saves her from death.  IJ saves GU during her anaphylaxis.  And presumably he was one of the GS professors who visited her whilst she was sick too.

He proposes with red roses and asks her to pretend that they are from her real bf.  All her other fathers celebrate the happy news.  Not with champagne but with Cola.

He acts jealous when she picks another man.  IJ told GU to pick his surgery before she walked in with the flowers.  She picked Andrea’s :lol:.  IJ says to her, “After all that I have done for you?  I hate you.”  And he storms out of the room.

They make up.  She chooses to stay with him in his department instead of Andrea that night.

All is well again and they share chocolates.  He pours the chocolates into her hands (exactly how IS poured the same chocolates into JunWan’s hands from an earlier episode).  They cozy up until rudely interrupted by Prince Grumpy.

And for those who say that GU leaving her shoes to chase after the abusive dad is reflective of Cinderella?  You’re right there.  But Prince Grumpy didn’t pick up her shoes did he?  Even when Bong pointed it out to him?  He looked exasperated.  He made no movement to chase after her to rescue her from impending peril (Bae - what if he had a knife?).  

And charming is exactly what IJ is.  To everyone, the nurses, the staff, the residents.  Everyone is charmed by his character.  Everyone is his friend.  Everyone loves IJ.  Prince Charming.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I watched Reply 1997 and that remains to be one of my most loved drama that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend people to watch. I didn't watch R94 nor R88, somehow couldn't get into it. Because of the numerous reference to R88 and R94, I decided to try watching yesterday... IMO, the vibes I'm feeling is so very different from what I feel while watching HP. The feels when watching HP is more like watching Prison Playbook.

I guess I just want to share that I will never compare it to Reply series, because this is Play series. Although there is the same a writer and director combo, it is not impossible that they're creating something new and distinguishable in the dramas they produce together. Otherwise, why not name this drama Reply 1999?

However, if we really really want to compare with Reply series, let me compare the OTP in R97 (spoiler ahead). Please note that R97 was never ever mentioned as point of reference, I wonder why when it is also by the same writer-director duo. Isn't it a biased view if one does not consider R97 as reference to this duo's work but only R88/94? So anyway, in R97, the final OTP has a theme song, or rather, the cast sang duet for this song. While in HP, JWon/YYS sang a song too, OST4 with the cover of JWon and GW. The only couple featured in the cover of all the soundtracks released so far. Isn't that an obvious enough sign/direction?

Anyway, shippers will always only see what they want to see. Don't attack or provoke or be dismissive. Don't get offended or be bothered or be provoked. Like IkJun said, just go with what your heart tells you ;)

• Like 12
  • Love 2

43 minutes ago, ktcjdrama said:

However, if we really really want to compare with Reply series, let me compare the OTP in R97 (spoiler ahead). Please note that R97 was never ever mentioned as point of reference, I wonder why when it is also by the same writer-director duo. Isn't it a biased view if one does not consider R97 as reference to this duo's work but only R88/94? So anyway, in R97, the final OTP has a theme song, or rather, the cast sang duet for this song. While in HP, JWon/YYS sang a song too, OST4 with the cover of JWon and GW. 

About that, Jungpal-Deoksun and Chilbong-Najung also have album cover for their otps so...

Yeah, album covers, unfortunately, are not that accurate.

• Insightful 2

2 hours ago, Dramageek said:

@RWinger47 post bother me. So if someone loves somebody with past, divorcee and single parent, than that someone (ahjumma) have no self respect and his/her pride is not intact? Wow! What an insulting statement!

I get that it is easier to meet someone without baggage from his/her past. Dating single parent definitely harder than dating single bachelor/rette without kid. Dating single parent means that you got to accept and love and his/her kid as a plus one, two, or more; also you must try to get along with your spouse ex. But heart wants what it wants, someone who choose this path definitely need to be more mature and wiser, far from lack of self respect and pride.

I am not a single parent myself, but I respect them a lot. So to you all single parent, in this forum or everywhere else, you are worthy of second chance in love and relationship! Don't let any stigma from ignorant people get to you

I was talking about SeongHwa's situation where she will become a replacement... like a spare tire.

If you are wholeheartedly fine... to take part in your 20-year-friend's marital and social experiment into marrying by trial-and-error, then kudos to you. Perhaps you will break the jinx, and not become another error.  But, I was saying think, think, think before diving into it headfirst.

Sorry for the ignorance....its inborn.  :D

• Like 1
  • Off-Topic 1
  • Unamused 9
  • Confused 4