[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

Ping me 

Ping me ping me up

fhbFrSh.jpg

I m in heaven these days. Seriously every day get to read/watch a new thing about JJS. Thanks to HP & Ik Jun he is in discussions everywhere. Different Korean sites writing editorials about him, international sites translating editorials about him. OMG , how I wish ,I could put these days on pause, never let them pass. My happy pill I am so much enjoying these days( contrary to others who are soar because of ongoing quarantine & all) just because of you.:love::kiss_wink::heart:.

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

This is the cardigan I was talking about in my previous post:lol: 

Also, I'd say that this time around with HP, the PD and writer allow the actors to do ad-lib? And someone mentioned that in the Reply series the actors weren't allowed to do ad-lib because everything had meaning to it. In that case, HP might be different then:phew:

@kokodus I also thought today was Thursday, I already prepared my iPad by charging it overnight from yesterday, thinking that I would use it tonight to live stream HP only to realise today is Wednesday :sweatingbullets:

Another review for Winter Garden with eng sub..

@LovelyLady I like their video too.. finally they start to add eng sub for their video.. :D:D

I think Jeong-Won give us spoiler about what he feel toward Gyeo-Wool in GW Relay-Cam BTS.. :joy:

• Like 7
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 3

3 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

So I was rewatching some scenes from ep.8...

I noticed this which I didn't notice before because it was done so subtly... As soon as JWon hung up the phone with the pastor, he glanced at the cross and Mary on his desk, then shifted his glance to the flowers from his mother. He is definitely in deep conflict of what his mother asked of him.

@ktcjdrama interesting observation about seasons and female characters. I hope we'll see a little bit more of Gyeo Ul in the next coming episodes. 

The fact that there are smaller details - the lines and actions, in each episodes just made it extra exciting to dissect the drama. I think the more I watch from episode 1, the more I realise things I misssed the first time I watched and also how some things spoken or done made a little more sense. 

@40somethingahjumma

I have not watched any of the reply series, so you bet I am amongst the minority without any reference to the drama and also tend not to use previous works as reference. I like to think that although writers and directors would have their own trademark style, they would still would like to creatively challenge all their projects so not to be too similar to each other. Just my opinion. 

Your analysis on the focus on his reaction to Gyeo Ul makes a lot of sense and I guess that's really the 101 about dramas right - the scenes are all related to the storyline and building up to the end game. 

Its this kinda of drama that needs viewers to try understanding the characters and figure out the reasons behind each words, actions, reactions and in Jeong Won's case a little out of usual character. 

I find Gyeo Ul's way and her straightforwardness and not caring much about others' thoughts (except for Jeong Won's) of her - her authentic self charming, While it would not be ideal for the hospital business and reputation and it is rather harsh to patients, this I believe was not done with ill intentions or power hungry manipulative manner, unlike meanie CS doctor and the fox obgyn resident. It's her values to stick to facts, truth and no time for BS, seems to also respect Jeong Won's space without being on his face and in his space from day 1 of crushing over him - I respect that with hopes that she would continue learning and growing in these areas so she could become better as a person and in her profession.

I guess it is so obvious that I am a little bias towards her. Minha is quite chilled too with her crushing over her supervisor. 

@Fairy Thanks for sharing the similarities in how they confronted the patients. I see similarities of her style to Jun Wan and Jeong Won. 

I guess they are both passionate in their own ways. Lol aside from not being relevant in the drug addict case, It is also possible that it's not a big of deal for him compared to being extra mindful with the details shared with guardian on serious cases. 

One more sleep :) 

• Like 8
  • Love 7

@snowlou In one interview, think it was ep 0, JJS and JKH said they don't do adlibs. But in the BTS we can clearly see JJS improvising in many scenes. So I don't know what to believe anymore. LOL. 

EDIT: (by @partyon)

happy-kids-christmas-sing-musical_97632-

ALOHA ! Well done! You found the second goodie basket!

Spoiler

We hope that you will find comfort in friendship and in song during this holiday season :kiss_wink:

We also wish you good health in 2021!
(And if you happen to get a cold, we certainly hope that your doctor is as handsome as one of the doctors below.... lol)

Hospital-Playlist.png

Since it's winter in many parts of the world, many gardens are hibernating at the moment. But that doesn't matter, because love grows even in the coldest weather... Even for an initially awkward Wintergarden couple... :kiss_wink:

From this:

FBEF8BA9-3466-4AD2-BB8F-DA05148D1E51.gif

342D0245-D07F-41BF-B964-153C1E52B03F.gif

To this:

ABC041E7-9F55-4203-AADA-E0241B257FDB.gif

You need something sweet in December too, no? How about chocolate?
Or chocopies ?

F8B1B03B-1DC6-4D14-B852-E77535408038.gif

8E383F60-3565-4175-8110-9977817458C9.gif

The female doctor is always eating something, no? :joy:

All gif credits go to Ameera Ali - a big thank you to her for creating these gifs for the event :dorakiss:

Was the goodie bag sweet enough? :heart:  What is your favorite food / snack / sweet in December and/or during the holidays? Share your thoughts on the event thread.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS_KWm7pQSlzUNYvwIxBmd

Edited by partyon
Borrowed temporarily for December 2020 event - thanks Ms. Koko
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1
  • Blob 3

6 hours ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

In the drug addict scene I can’t really find a good reason why Jeongwon would be present as Gyeoul’s supervisor when the patient involved isn’t even under pediatrics.

My thoughts exactly, same as the homeless guy with maggot infested frostbite to his leg. Did the mention of Dr Jang’s name made (paediatric surgeon) Dr Ahn to go down to ED with (adult surgeon) Dr Bong? 

@40somethingahjumma you are right, Jeong Won is one conflicted man :D

• Like 8

3 hours ago, kokodus said:

@snowlou In one interview, think it was ep 0, JJS and JKH said they don't do adlibs. But in the BTS we can clearly see JJS improvising in many scenes. So I don't know what to believe anymore. LOL. 

Really? What is this ep 0? I read some chingus here mentioned ep 0 as well. I should check the streaming site and see whether they have this episode. I just watched the BTS of the past ep and it clearly said JJS did some ad libs which were really funny :blink: well unless they didn't use the ad libs at all...or maybe when they interviewed JJS and JKH in ep 0, it was before they stopped filming half way and they later did ad libs after they resumed filming? (shrugs) who knows:ph34r:

34 minutes ago, standingtallyy said:

My thoughts exactly, same as the homeless guy with maggot infested frostbite to his leg. Did the mention of Dr Jang’s name made (paediatric surgeon) Dr Ahn to go down to ED with (adult surgeon) Dr Bong? 

@40somethingahjumma you are right, Jeong Won is one conflicted man :D

The maggot incident is different. He still had negative impression of her at that time. This was right after he said she was not his cup of tea. So my guess is that he went to check and make sure she doesn't screw up like she did last time. LOL. Maggot incident is the turning point I guess. He started seeing her differently from that point. Whether it has developed into anything more, we are still not sure about that. Unless he opens his goddamn mouth and tells it himself, I think I can't be assured about his feelings for Gyeo ul. Sighhh

@snowlou Ep 0 was shared here numerous times, even like 2 pages back I think I saw it. LOL. It was subbed by Yeoniverse in twitter so you can go and check that out. My guess is that they let them do adlibs for funny scenes which doesn't really affect their "husband hunt" that is if they ever planned on having one. LOL. I don't know. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

7 minutes ago, kokodus said:

@snowlou Ep 0 was shared here numerous times, even like 2 pages back I think I saw it. LOL. It was subbed by Yeoniverse in twitter so you can go and check that out. My guess is that they let them do adlibs for funny scenes which doesn't really affect their "husband hunt" that is if they ever planned on having one. LOL. I don't know. 

Yeah I'm also thinking that the actors are allowed freedom to ad-lib only for the funny scenes, whereas scenes that are part of the larger picture i.e. in relationships are all scripted/directed in detail.

BTW, anyone find today passing by veeeeeerrrry slowly?? It feels like the closer we get to Thursday, the slower time seems to pass :sweat:

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

22 minutes ago, im0202 said:

BTW, anyone find today passing by veeeeeerrrry slowly?? It feels like the closer we get to Thursday, the slower time seems to pass :sweat:

This is true!!! Wednesday alone feels like two days. LOL. But I'm so nervous for the remaining eps though. What kind of plot twists they are going to through at us? They might change the game altogether in the next 4 eps. Or not. I'm overthinking. Sigh. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 2

49 minutes ago, kokodus said:

Aigoo...i should go back and check again. Lol..just goes to show at times i skipped reading the whole things as my brain goes haywire from reading the colourful comments:D thanks for pointing me to the right direction. 

I see..i suppose you might be right. Otherwise cant bear to think JJS or JKH lied in their interview. 

Here Are 5 Random Facts You Didn’t Know About “Hospital Playlist” Actor Jo Jung Suk

Doesn’t #5 make him 5X more UWU?

QouJbhz.png

We know why you’re here. You’re hooked on the K-Drama Hospital Playlist and you’ve fallen madly in love with the kindhearted and family-oriented Dr. Lee Ik Joon. So you want to know more about the person behind the role. Well then, welcome to this blissful list. Here are 5 random facts you don’t have to — but definitely want to know about actor Jo Jung Suk. Beware though, these bits and pieces of information will only fuel your love for him. You won’t be able to un-charm yourself from this hunk of a man.

Spoiler

1. His Dream

Jo Jung Suk wanted to become a professional guitarist growing up. He loved playing classic guitar so much that he stayed behind two extra years after high school, trying to pass the college entrance exam with scores that would get him into the music school of his dreams. It was the pastor at his church who saw his potential as an actor. Soon after, convinced by the pastor’s recommendation, Jo Jung Suk traded in his dream of pursuing a musical career for an acting one. He went on to study theater at the prestigious Seoul Institute of the Arts and debuted in 2004 with a musical. In his current hit K-Drama Hospital Playlist, he boasts his guitar skills in all the “band” scenes.

2. His Past

Jo Jung Suk never enlisted to complete his military duty — because he didn’t meet eligibility. After his father passed away, his family became financially unstable. And as the only son available and responsible for taking care of his mother, he was deemed unfit to serve in the army.

3. His Flaw

Jo Jung Suk used to be incredibly nearsighted — that the lenses for his correctional glasses made his eyes look different. When he appeared in Youth Over Flowers in these glasses, he immediately became nicknamed kkeobungie (roughly translated to dorky). It was after his hit K-Drama series Don’t Dare to Dream that he received the LASIK surgery to get rid of his not-so-dorky glasses forever.

4. His Sibling

In a previous episode of Knowing Bros, Jo Jung Suk revealed that he has always been terrified of his oldest brother who used to be a professional boxer. Once, when the high school senior Jo Jung Suk spent the whole night out with his friends and came home the next morning, he was greeted by his boxer brother. According to Jo Jung Suk’s memory of the day, the hyung followed him into his room, sat him down, and said exactly this: “Do you know why I’m not beating you up right now? It’s because I don’t want to kill you. So you better behave yourself.” Jo Jung Suk playfully added that he never, ever dared to cause trouble again.

5. His Quirk

Jo Jung Suk has a cute little quirk that cannot be hidden — and it has to do with his ears! His long-time fans noticed that his ears burn up in tomato red color when he shoots intimate scenes with his female co-stars. In all of his rom-com series featuring kiss scenes, like Oh My Ghost with actress Park Bo Young and Don’t Dare to Dream with actress Gong Hyo Jin, Jo Jung Suk’s ears can be spotted on fire.

"fallen madly in love with the kindhearted and family-oriented Dr. Lee Ik Joon/JJS"............I am lovin it:love:.

• Love 7

Dunno what to say but just one word for this show "awesome". They keep making me amazed with how poignant every stories they bring each week. How all those typhoons come and go and how our dearest Yulje white knights fight all day and night to keep their patient saved and alive. My heart breaks every time they go with all those emotional scenes. And what I love the most the drama makes every character alive. All have their roles, major or minor, they all told with such a great narration and not to forget with such inspiring moral lesson in each episodes. The only flaw they have is this only air once a week. Geez.... I thought I could watch ep 9 right now but turned out it's not Thursday yet. :phew:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, JJS's Fan-atics said:

Every hospital PLAYER especially @kokodus & @snowlou every day in the morning

"Oh is it Thursday today?".:joy:

This is exactly me. LOL. Although even for a girl, I don't look as pretty as your oppa. Hahahaha. Which show is this from? Jealousy incarnate? His hair was different there though. 

• LOL 1