[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@40somethingahjumma

Wow, your analysis is very thoughtful and deep as always! Someone else on twitter also pointed out that JWon's friends called him Andrea at that particular episode. And Andrea is his Catholic name, used usually to give significance in his religiousity or desire to be priest.

So yeah, I think the fact that Ikjun used the word Angel is not random.

Oh God, I cant wait for tomorrow.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

@Kaizen68 All I'm saying is that the drama itself should be our first port of call. Other dramas can be used as secondary references. That's all I'm saying. ;)

As much as I love your in-depth analysis, and I do agree with you to use Reply 1988 as a secondary reference. I mean, in my way of making several assumptions and theory, I would go that way too... But in general, I honestly think there shouldn't be one exact/mandatory way that should be used and not used as a basis for our thinking :D. What should be our priority and what should not. That's why people's perceptions are different in the first place, since Reply 1994. And because this is a drama anyway, it always subjective. Even breadcrumbs are also feasible as the others. Even if some shippers use coffee as an essential thing in this drama, I just think, ohh okay then, just like that. I can disagree with them or refute all their opinions, but I don't tell them exactly what to do/how to think/know first priority of reference :) Just my two cents.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

35 minutes ago, Kaizen68 said:

As much as I love your in-depth analysis, and I do agree with you to use Reply 1988 as a secondary reference. I mean, in my way of making several assumptions and theory, I would go that way too... But in general, I honestly think there shouldn't be one exact/mandatory way that should be used and not used as a basis for our thinking :D. What should be our priority and what should not. That's why people's perceptions are different in the first place, since Reply 1994. And because this is a drama anyway, it always subjective. Even breadcrumbs are also feasible as the others. Even if some shippers use coffee as an essential thing in this drama, I just think, ohh okay then, just like that. Not tell them what to do/think/know first priority of reference :) Just my two cents.

Sure... in principle I don't disagree dear. :) This is a forum where there's freedom to post a whole spectrum of views. I don't have a problem with that. I've never had any problems with that except that on this thread I was getting a bit disoriented because I thought I was watching a slice of life drama located in the hospital but others seem to watching a detective/spy drama that would defy even Sherlock Holmes himself. :lol: I just don't agree that that's how the drama should be viewed and that's my view on this. That said, we can all agree to disagree about how we approach the viewing of this drama. 

But my opinion is that if we spend too much time looking at Reply 88, coffee cups or flower pots, we miss the bigger kaleidoscope of possibilities out there that the show is showing. I find that I have the greatest the clarity when I look at the characters and the storyline. That's me. I'm comfortable with that. But I prefer my approach because only then the big picture of the show makes much more sense to me.

I'm not saying people can't do what they want. I wouldn't dare. But I'm an ajumma and a sangsaeng nim so I guess I can come across a bit naggy. If I have caused offence then I apologize.

Personally I''m not comfortable with dwelling on minutiae because it doesn't help me understand the whole drama. I can't see the forest for the trees.

In truth, I am also a very simple-minded viewer. But I am an INFJ and I see patterns everywhere. I only got onboard WinterGarden because I saw a pattern. It's fine if other people don't see it. It's nothing personal with me. 

• Like 14
  • Love 5

So I was rewatching some scenes from ep.8...

I noticed this which I didn't notice before because it was done so subtly... As soon as JWon hung up the phone with the pastor, he glanced at the cross and Mary on his desk, then shifted his glance to the flowers from his mother. He is definitely in deep conflict of what his mother asked of him.

• Like 2
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 2

13 hours ago, revel best said:

Kinda sad that their band performance wasnt available on digital platform like spotify, i want to hear it full~

There is a very easy way to add those songs into your playlist as MP3. I mostly use that method when many old songs of my country are not available in MP3 but are available on YouTube. 

Spoiler

For example take this video.

1. When open in YouTube , there is an arrow sign with the three dots, just click that sign

opopC1B.png

2. Now you see the first icon Copy Link.click it. It will copy the YouTube video URL.

3. Go to 

https://www.y2mate.com/youtube  and it will open like this.

JS97iyp.jpg

4. Just paste the URL here then press enter.

JpZDqpl.jpg

5.The required video is uploaded .Now you can easily download in MP3 by clicking on mp 3 . 

mgGv6tu.jpg

6. And the file will be converted to MP3

and then you can download it.

Wr0BI2M.jpg

And it will automatically be added to your cell phone/PC/laptop playlist . So then you can enjoy JJS melodious voice& beautiful songs as much as you want.

I was downloading for myself so I thought why not give a step to step method.so I screenshoted everything for you and pasted here.  Hopes it will be helpful for you.

Hospital playlist episode 7

[+1068,-28]Today, Do Jaehak was scammed and Jang Gyeowool was rejected… One episode per week is not enough! ㅜㅜ Change it to twice a week!

[+851,-20]I burst out laughing when he said that he picked up the golden turtle on his way thereㅋㅋㅋㅋㄱㅋI really loved that

[+716,-17]Gyeowool-ieㅠㅠㅠㅠ Why did I get excited and nervous when she asked Jeonwon to buy her a meal…?

[+149,-3]I think Ahn Jeongwon and Jang Gyeowool would be perfect for each other. I mean, even if “Daddy Long legs” Jeonwon spends all his money on helping patients who can’t afford to pay for surgeries, Jang Gyeowool would understand and would totally support him as she has no luxury greed. Jeonwon-ah, if you decided not to be a priest, I hope you’ll accept Gyeowool’s feelings

[+118,-1] The police officers were so happy to hear that their friend’s brain surgery went well. That cop’s group of friends has one women and 4 men too..

[+94,-5]I think the person, behind the camera, that Jaehak greeted at the end was his wife. I don’t think he was scammed or anything like that, I feel like it’s related to his wife

[+87,-0]Last week, they said they couldn’t operate on the baby because the donor’s liver was too thick. I believe Jaehak will find a solution for the contract just like the liver issue was solved at the beginning of today’s episode. Do Jaehak! Fighting!

[+78,-6]It was too obvious that Jaehak was going to be scammed

[+70,-0]Don’t make him do anything bad, please~Ah~ Hospital Playlist is not that kind of drama~Ah~

[+67,-0]Do Jaehak is so cuteㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋIt’s funny how he keeps nagging at Junwan without being intimidatedㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋㅋ

[+54,-0]I knew Do Jaehak would be connedㅋㅋ

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

Lately I've been thinking that these two guys are living contrasting parallel lives. 

@40somethingahjumma  This was something going through my head from almost 4 th episode. Thank you for putting it so eloquently. Almost each episode has some event paralleling their lives.  I think in 6 episode when Jun Wan was waiting for Ik Sun’s call regarding his confession Jeong Won was waiting for Gyeo Ul’s regarding liver donation. In seventh Jun Wan went for a date and Gyeo Ul asked for one.

The latest episode was interesting. Both of them are not just secretive they are very good at hiding their feelings. Dr Do keeps on calling Jun Wan names because usually he is very stoic.

In the episode When Jun Wan went to the the parents to ask for heart donation dr Do called him heartless .But at the end of the episode what we saw was Jun Wan actually shading tears with baby’s mother.

This is true for Jeong Won too. We never get to see any reaction from him as per as Gyeo Ul is concerned.For the first time after she left we saw Jeong Won with almost pensive face and he was almost spaced out.

I think both of them have finally started to show their true feelings.

• Like 11
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 2

I am hopeless .....I cant see any clue .

LoL I see very good actors acting their roles perfectly and getting me with them  to their character's journey.

I rewatch many times all scenes involving Dr.Jang/Dr.JWon and the only thing I noticed its on epis.3 when IJ gets the call from Dr..Jang to meet her and showing her new photos of JWon director shows us the back of Jwan and we have a full view of Jwon''s reaction regarding GU .He seems concern and biting his lips .

hahaha after many replays in the particular scene  I have one word :Hooray! I dit it! I saw  something too.

I can not stop laughing with IkJun .His exact words to GU was that he will be very sneaky and ask JWon what he thinks of GU.

and we all saw how straight and direct he was with his question.:D

Btw on epis.4 when JWon had that slip of tongue when he unintentionally said for the politician's transplant I think he had that slip because he was so focus and nervous for GU's reaction when he gave her the choco pies that forgot that the whole politician's admission in VIP ward   supposed to be a secret.

You can see he is talking but his eyes are slightly looking to Gu 's side.

He also noticed that earlier GU gave sweets treats to the med students that were in the meeting bc the med students out of respect did not take antything from the tray.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, LovelyLady said:

Totally agreed with this.

Yeah I think so too. Unlike the Reply series, I don’t think the creators would set us on a 3-seasons worth of husband hunting. That would be really tiring especially after they’ve highlighted the main pairings so much. Much rather see the development in their respective characters and relationships.

Anyway, re: Jeongwon

Whether you’re a wintergarden shipper or not, I think we can all agree that something is different with how Jeongwon acts around Gyeoul. He purposefully acts distant and creates a wall between them. But at the same time notices quite a number of things about her. For whatever reason, that’s for us to find out. But I doubt that it’s just because she’s not his cup of tea.

The drug addict scene in ep 8 reminded me of Jeongwon’s response to Gyeoul’s allergic reaction before. When Gyeoul got sick, he texted and wished her well but (supposedly) didn’t visit her. As if he’s just satisfied that he knows she’s ok. In the drug addict scene I can’t really find a good reason why Jeongwon would be present as Gyeoul’s supervisor when the patient involved isn’t even under pediatrics. Her mentor Ikjun is there and the doctor in charge for the patient is already there. After hearing the verdict that everything turned out well, he got ready to leave giving an excuse that a guardian wanted to see him (which I believe isn’t that urgent given his expression when he received the text). Again, he just wanted to know that she’ll be ok.

313d7a1b9befe57f979b9e6e2127b54c540c2f26

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 9
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 8

19 minutes ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

I can’t really find a good reason why Jeongwon would be present as Gyeoul’s supervisor when the patient involved isn’t even under pediatrics. Her mentor Ikjun is there and the doctor in charge for the patient is already there.

He had to be there because she was being rotated into his department (under his supervision) to provide insight as to her work ethic outside of her usual GS department.  Once this month is over, she should be rotated out and therefore no longer hanging around Pediatrics (and therefore he would no longer be her supervisor and wouldn’t need to be in those meetings anymore).  If there was someone who didn’t need to be there, it would be IJ.  He was the extra.  The other doctor whose patient it was is already a GS professor (one of the 13 direct mentors for Jang).  That’s why when the director asked them to explain why they were there, IJ was the only one who didn’t provide a reason for being there.  Jang has 13 GS profs as mentors, not just IJ.  She’s with him more often because he feeds her information about her crush.  So if you wanted to pick one who was superfluous in that meeting, it would be IJ, the extra GS prof.  

Director walks into the office.  Sees 3 of them

Director - You’re ALL Dr Jang’s supervisors?  Right she’s in GS.

GS Prof - yes it’s about my patient.

Andrea - she’s with my department this month.

IJ - Did it all work out? (See he didn’t give a reason?)

Director - Luckily...yes.

IJ -(relieved) Gosh.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, KDramaFan0828 said:

In the drug addict scene I can’t really find a good reason why Jeongwon would be present as Gyeoul’s supervisor when the patient involved isn’t even under pediatrics. Her mentor Ikjun is there and the doctor in charge for the patient is already there. After hearing the verdict that everything turned out well, he got ready to leave giving an excuse that a guardian wanted to see him (which I believe isn’t that urgent given his expression when he received the text). Again, he just wanted to know that she’ll be ok.

@nrllee You are right.

Need to slow down and read the subtitles, the explanation is there. 

Dun just focus on the ships 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, nrllee said:

He had to be there because she was being rotated into his department (under his supervision).

Hmm although I am aware of this fact, I’m just not sure if he has to be directly involved in the discussion of the outcome as the case doesn’t involve his specialization in pediatrics. Not entirely sure how rotations work in the medical field but in my experience in office rotations, the original department is the only team involved in disciplinary actions especially if the case had nothing to do with the rotation. Although I agree it wasn’t necessary for IJ to be there.

• Like 9

I woke up today, somehow thinking that it's Thursday, but sigh it's only Wednesday here. It's the longest day of the week for me. 

Love all the discussions here as usual. Have nothing to add. Will have something new to talk about once the new ep comes out, I guess. I'm so saturated right now reading all different theories everywhere. LOL.

• Like 4
  • LOL 7

Just now, KDramaFan0828 said:

Hmm although I am aware of this fact, I’m just not sure if he has to be directly involved in the discussion of the outcome as the case doesn’t involve his specialization in pediatrics. Not entirely sure how rotations work in the medical field but in my experience in office rotations, the original department is the only team involved in disciplinary actions especially if the case had nothing to do with the rotation. Although I agree it wasn’t necessary for IJ to be there.

I think had the patient NOT been a drug addict and the problem escalates, then the director would need to ask about her work ethic and experiences from other professors to vouch for her.  It would make sense to.  It’s like getting a second/third opinion to see if she’s had problems with other patients before (who haven’t complained) and if it’s a recurring thing and if any disciplinary action needs to be taken to prevent future recurrences.  But thankfully for her, the patient’s case fell through so nothing further needed to be done.  The director would hand out the discipline but he needed insights as to how she works on the ground so the supervisors would need to give him that info.  

• Like 5

5 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I

From the time I witnessed the event it struck me that Andrea and GU's encounter in the pickup zone was Providential or God-ordained. (I've made that case in other posts already) So what Ik-jun's comment does is to continue along those religious lines. Now, whether this is pointing to GU as a messenger from God  or that God is giving Andrea a message via the meeting with GU, I can't say but I don't think it much matters. What does matter is that meeting GU before and as she gets into the SUV is meant to give him pause. To give him... no pun intended... food for thought. To stop him in his tracks... which he literally and metaphorically does when he sees her at the pickup point. In line with that train of thought, I choose to interpret all of this as God sending a message to Andrea about his trajectory. Andrea tells the priest he will change his mother's mind but I suspect that God wants to change Andrea's mind.

I loveeeee how you explained tht God wants to change Andrea's mind! 

So this is my first time posting in a forum! I can't help but post after years of being anonymous in the forum. The Hospital Playlist really triggers the inner fangirl in me. At first, I did not think that Jeongwon is interested in Gyeoul, but can't help to see how he treats Gyeoul... LOL. I try my best to guard my expectations! 

Edited by cdew
  • Like 4
  • Love 2