[Drama 2020-2021] Hospital Playlist, 슬기로운 의사생활 - Season 1 & 2

larus

@romancetrash

JWan did not meet IS in the emergency room and fell for her.

If you go back in episode 3 I think at  the end of it you can see when he sees her in the beginning she looks familiar to him but he can not be sure so after he makes sure the patient is not in an emergency situation he checks her name tag and sees her name so he recognizes IJ 's young sister.

I am sure when he was young in high school with IJ he had a crush at his best friend's little sister.

I am pretty sure in the next episodes we will see a flashback of JWan and IS young.

It was then from episode 3 that I knew JWan was never interested in SongHwa probably because his first love was IS.

LOL maybe I am wrong but that's my theory.

p.s He even knows and remembers IS dog's name .How many males remember their best friend's little sister's dog name?:D

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

17 minutes ago, kiklaminHo said:

p.s He even knows and remembers IS dog's name .How many males remember their best friend's little sister's dog name?:D

I thought he confused Iksun's name with their family dog's name? He didnt say it specifically as Iksun's dog, cmiiw.

I personally think its cliche if Iksun is JWan's first love. If indeed all the mainstream couple would be the endgame, 4 out of 5 would end up with their first love. (Esp if its true JWon never falls in love before Gyeoul)

I know its Lee's trademark, but its overused if 4 of them end up, and imo, lazy writing if the reason how JWan falls hard and fast for Iksun is simply because she's his first love.

• Like 4

Lists of Most Buzz Worthy Dramas & Actors [1st Week of May, 2020]

Good Data Corporation has shared its weekly rankings of the most popular dramas and cast members who have generated the most buzz over the past week! The company analyzed news articles, blog posts and online communities, videos, and social media from May 4 to May 10 for dramas that are currently airing or are set to air, and they revealed the results on May 11.

The top 10 dramas that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of May 

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - 35.47% (0)

2. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - 19.4% 0)

3. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - 10.75% (0)

4. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - 9.56% (0)

5. KBS2 “Fix You“ - 3.84% (NEW)

6. tvN “When My Love Blooms” - 3.1% (+1)

7. KBS2 “Once Again” - 2.59% - (+2)

8. SBS “Good Casting“ - 2.43% (-2)

9. KBS2 “Born Again“ - 2.1% (+2)

10. tvN  “Mothers” - 2% (NEW)

The top 10 drama actors that generated the most buzz for the 1st week of May

1. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Kim Hee-ae (0)

2. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Park Hae-joon (0)

3. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Han So-hee (+2)

4. JTBC “The World of the Married” - Jeon Jin-seo (+9)

5. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Lee Min-ho (-2)

6. tvN “Hospital Playlist” - Jo Jung-suk (+4)

7. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Kim Dong-wook (+4)

8. SBS “The King: Eternal Monarch“ - Kim Go-eun (-4)

9. MBC “Find Me in Your Memory” - Moon Ga-young (-2)

10. KBS2 “Fix You” - Jung So-min (NEW)

Source: https://instagram.com/gooddata_official

• Like 4
  • Thanks 4

@kiklaminHo I don't think Iksun is Jwan's first love, he confused her name with their dog's name, when IKJun was talking about Iksun in 3rd ep, his first reaction was "Iksun is not dead, yet?" Hahahahaha. But I do think Iksun might have had a crush on him in the past. Same as Je Hee having a crush on Joon Ho during their school days, I'm expecting a flashback like that from these two. 

• Like 7

22 minutes ago, superspace said:

Woow :love:

Ugh, really want to see jeon mido and jo jung suk duet. I feel like their voice really goes well together!! 

And also all of them can sing! Lets make an album :rolleyes:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks!
  • Like 2

46 minutes ago, Glide said:

Has Shin PD mentioned the meaning of the band “Mido and Parasol” yet? I would like to know why it has to be this name. 

Is that the official name of the band in HP?  

So it is :lol:.  No wonder the rain references and the umbrella in the most recent episode.

• LOL 1

MiDo Wa Fa La Sol or Mido and Parasol it's Off-Cam band name.. Not On-Drama band name..  It's like Do Re Mi Fa Sol La Ti Do.. That's why they use that name for Off-Cam band name..

I think their on-drama band name same like name their Group Chat..

New Review from Dr.Trio

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, nrllee said:

But I think they will keep SHwa’s choice as a final reveal closer to the end of the final season.  That’s how they have worked in the past yeah?  They reveal the potential suitors bit b

For me Jung-won is the Ace of spades. I don't think he will end up with Gyeu-wool. I think he will pursue his plan for priesthood but will come back again. He might need the priesthood to sort things out and evaluate what he really wanted in life. then he will come back stronger. I hope for him to be paired by a new FL. As far as I know, he doesn't have a gf in real life so I am wishing someone for real :) 

• Like 2

@DonnaMae I am seeing PD and writer dropping lots of hints that JeongWon will end up with SHwa.  So my money is on that happening.  It will take a while though.  JeongWon shares a lot of similarities to Capt Ahn.  Both are shy men who notice details.  I don’t think he will pursue priesthood.  Unless he can win Rosa over, it’s not going to happen - she’s dead against it.  And didn’t he mention he had to go to Italy for that?  With the current COVID climate, that’s not going to happen.

GyeoUl is being set up for IJ.  They’ve already “confessed” it (if you get the PD/writer’s humor you would’ve picked it up).  GU “confessed” to “liking” IJ and doesn’t care that he has a kid.  And IJ asked her to “pick me”.  And when she had to pick from all the GS profs, JeongWon actually walks in on their meeting and asks about lunch. So he’s in the room.  Then IJ says, “this is the most important day of my life”...and GU picks IJ, not JeongWon.  IJ saves her when she was sick (classic KDrama trope).  He draws a love heart to her in the lift.  He knows little details about her eg her favourite band and buys her BTS coffee.  He stands up for her when she’s in trouble.  Comforts her when she’s sad about JeongWon’s rejection.  They had that shared couple moment (sitting next to each other real cozy) when IJ was showing GU pics of JeongWon.  All these point at something, it’s not just placed in there for no reason.  They already have a very comfortable relationship, like MinHa and SH.

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

@nrllee

but in that scene with the professors GU never had the choice of JWon.

He had no surgery file on the table for her to pick him up.

So it's not that she picked IJ when she had the option of JWon .

On the contrary  she picked IJ because JWon walked in and right away she made her mind.

Went with IJ -JWon 's buddy -so she can have more pics of him maybe, but mostly because she could not think with a straight mind knowing he is there.

LOL . IJ and GU 's give and take silent agreement.

I am jogging .I dont believe in the silent agreement that but we tent to be more favorable with people that we are closer.

• Like 5

@nrllee, I am in agreement with you re: IkJun and Gyeu-wool... for sure in time GW will have a major character dev't. Then we will see her as a more confident woman. The thing with GW, she's not scared to make mistakes, she reflects and think of ways to improve.

With Shwa, my take is Junwan. Then Iksun and Capt.Ahn... Aside from one scene, we haven't been shown an Iksun/Chihong interaction as besties. Do they have a good chemistry? I wish to find out.

I hope they will introduce a new FL as a pediatric doctor, someone who also likes children to be paired with Jungwon.

Among them, my fave is Seok-Hyung. His character is what you see/what you get. The more I look at him, the more I realized that he's actually good looking. I am okay whoever he is paired with, Minha is okay but there might be a twist later on like 2nd chance with his ex-wife perhaps ;)

• Like 2

11 hours ago, romancetrash said:

I think this is the reason why Im not that attached with this couple. While it is true that sometimes people fall in love without deep reason or knowing each other for a long time, those kind of love stories dont offer much emotions for me??

I mean, theyre able to be last this long, but I cant dont see why.

i think the drama doesnt breakdown in detail each progress

for example: IJ's divorce...we only get a glimpse of his ex-wife when she asked for a divorce in 1 eps,

Then voila.....right the next eps, IJ already divorced

If im not mistakenly remember, the fastest divorce process in South Korea is 1 month, if both agree to peacefully do it

(based on what i can remember reading from Song-Song divorce news)

In this case, i think it's not clear how long was the 1st encounter from the ER till the confession day

And the fact that JWan knew IS way back from their hometown's old days

(both IJ & JWan were not Seoul's natives and came together to Seoul..seemes like they came from the same highschool too)

So they must be hanging out a lot to come together all the way to Seoul and pick the same major & livelihood as doctors

It would not be strange if JWan went to IJ's house a lot & hang out with his family back then

Knowing JWan, he would not let a woman or even anyone who highkicked his face & threw him off the road, close to him :lol:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, kiklaminHo said:

@nrllee

but in that scene with the professors GU never had the choice of JWon.

He had no surgery file on the table for her to pick him up.

So it's not that she picked IJ when she had the option of JWon .

On the contrary  she picked IJ because JWon walked in and right away she made her mind.

Went with IJ -JWon 's buddy -so she can have more pics of him maybe, but mostly because she could not think with a straight mind knowing he is there.

LOL . IJ and GU 's give and take silent agreement.

I am jogging .I dont believe in the silent agreement that but we tent to be more favorable with people that we are closer.

That right, my understanding of the scene is the same

Winter picked IJ because JW came in.

• Like 9