drama tropes 2019

Lmangla

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, cenching said:

@Lmangla

It’s photo booth, not phone booth 

The OTP have known each other since babies and meet again as a destined couple....

ah, photo booth. the one where automatic pic comes out. and they break up later. got it!

and yes, what is it about babies? maybe they talk in baby language and there is some sort of permanent bond? where is my kindergarten soulmate? :tounge_wink:

41260726-four-toddlers-sitting-in-a-loun

#59 Instance Miracle Medicine 

I am sick and giddy, i eat medicine i instantly feel great again  

#60 I just gave birth. Now my belly is flat. 

So skin retracts that fast? I don't know haha

# 61 - the mysterious gardener with green thumb (aka PD team)

all these folks live in rooftop rooms and they work hard. leave early in morning and come back when it is late at night. none of them seem to water plants but there are these beautiful lush plants. who is that mystery gardener?

rooftop-2.jpg

Some female lead who are too poor to eat but donning designer’s duds and never reused her outfits in an entire series.

Uglify a super gorgeous girl for the role by sticking an eyeglasses on her and curling her hair. Example: Reba in Pretty Lie HuiZhen, YIN in One More Happy Ending and Zhao LiYing in The Rise of The Tomboy.

45 minutes ago, cenching said:

Uglify a super gorgeous girl for the role by sticking an eyeglasses on her and curling her hair.

yea and I feel like I should protest every time I see this! .... am always surprised that eyeglasses company don't want to sponser their merchandise. they always seem to do it on these legal type dramas where the old ajusshis will keep changing glasses.

do PDs and writers realize how many varieties of glasses there are and how long people take in choosing a pair? do they realize how expensive frames can be? and do they know how much time, effort, money goes into curling/waving hair before a night out? or how long women sit with those creams in their head if they want it more semi-permanent? pfft!

to PDs and writers on this trope:

tenor.gif

25 minutes ago, Lmangla said:

yea and I feel like I should protest every time I see this! .... am always surprised that eyeglasses company don't want to sponser their merchandise. they always seem to do it on these legal type dramas where the old ajusshis will keep changing glasses.

do PDs and writers realize how many varieties of glasses there are and how long people take in choosing a pair? do they realize how expensive frames can be? and do they know how much time, effort, money goes into curling/waving hair before a night out? or how long women sit with those creams in their head if they want it more semi-permanent? pfft!

to PDs and writers on this trope:

And their makeover will be using contact lenses and rebonding the hair.... #EyesRolled

They give out a message that girls with eyeglasses and wavy/curly hair must be ugly which wrong...

#75 Wet clothes, awkwardness - I swear the writers find one way or another to put the leads in wet clothes!

DOTS - The leads fall into the sea and ML takes his own sweet time to let her know he could see errr... u know..

Abyss - Ep 1. The male lead got wet while wearing a white shirt and women (and men) were ogling at him! :ph34r: (Random example cos that is still fresh in my mind! :w00t:)

HPL - The otp had to get caught in rain and soaked to the bone! Which conveniently gave the writers a chance to write the hottest detangling-of-a-scarf scene! :scream:

her-private-life-11.gif

cr: https://www.soompi.com/article/1320158wpp/7-moments-from-episodes-5-6-of-her-private-life-that-had-us-squealing

Any chance to show the actors drenched!!

#76 Brooding in a shower.

Nobody but the ML and the second male lead take showers in dramaland. @Lmangla is this trope listed already? I shall let the others post gifs for this in case it hasn't been listed

Every Korean woman is a heavy sleeper. They sleep like a stone and won't wake up while being carry around by the hot male lead from sofa to bed, car to bed, kitchen to bed, office to bed, bed to coffin (RIP)

10 hours ago, cenching said:

Uglify a super gorgeous girl for the role by sticking an eyeglasses on her and curling her hair. Example: Reba in Pretty Lie HuiZhen, YIN in One More Happy Ending and Zhao LiYing in The Rise of The Tomboy.

Let me add to that ~ Jin Ki Joo in Secret Life of My Secretary

2 hours ago, staygold said:

#75 Wet clothes, awkwardness - I swear the writers find one way or another to put the leads in wet clothes.

Adding also ~ Devilish Joy... Both fell into the swimming pool, later on, ML is amused and pointed out to FL that her bra padding are falling to her tummy, like the humps of a camel :lol:

2 hours ago, staygold said:

HPL - The otp had to get caught in rain and soaked to the bone! Which conveniently gave the writers a chance to write the hottest detangling-of-a-scarf scene! :scream:

Tbh, this scene isn't as sexy as intended for me because I was sitting on the edge waiting for the moment MTG will wraps the scarf around her neck and squeezes it till her eyes rolls back....:sweatingbullets:

#82. Flying hair scenes - when the directors wish to tell the audience that this man/woman character is particularly attractive or at their prime or just had a makeover or is someone’s love interest or needs airbrush for close up scene :P

Archived