[Mainland Chinese Drama 2019] Love and Destiny 三生三世宸汐缘

DontEatMyKimchi

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Qing Yao, the actress is pretty. I like her acting. Also. her mortal husband guy actor is cute too :)!! Hope Jessica Zhang will get her own main role in the future with her mortal husband, because they matched so well. Leo Li is cute as Yun Feng, but he looks better in modern clothing. I don't like Jing Xiu with Ah Mo, they have no chemistry, if the attempt is to make him like second lead. Shi Sha is funny, the actress is tall!! Love the side  couples :).

I don’t know why viki tortures us by slowly uploading new episodes. I hate it because patience is not one of my many virtues. There are other sites that show more subbed episodes but video quality are mediocre and this drama has beautiful cinematography aside from the great acting so it’s best to watch in HD. 

19 minutes ago, sunkissedluna said:

I don’t know why viki tortures us by slowly uploading new episodes. I hate it because patience is not one of my many virtues. There are other sites that show more subbed episodes but video quality are mediocre and this drama has beautiful cinematography aside from the great acting so it’s best to watch in HD. 

It is sooo pretty. I’m now spoil with HD quality on YouTube lol

10 hours ago, zijinini said:

I found this article talking about the hidden meaning of the red tree. If anyone here can translate this article that would be good.

https://www.douban.com/review/10478225/

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

The article basically says the same thing that @fivebowls have mentioned before. Anytime JC feels deeply about something - whether he misses LX or conflict, the red tree will show up in the scene. It’s an indication of his emotions. The more obvious the red tree, the stronger his emotions

the first half of the article also says (from my limited understanding) that the tree is hidden all the way in the back but still somewhat visible - very much like JC. He seems icy but that’s just the exterior - if you delve deeper, he’s actually passionate and emotional. (So much for a stone heart lol)

a lot of other characters also also uses the red tree when they are feeling strongly about things - when LX sat outside the pavilion for 16 days, when YF stone statue broke.

this is truly a marvelous drama - the more you watch the more you notice. It certainly rewards the viewer who rewatches it

6 minutes ago, Rustificatedid said:

Long time lurker, first time poster here!

The article basically says the same thing that @fivebowls have mentioned before. Anytime JC feels deeply about something - whether he misses LX or conflict, the red tree will show up in the scene. It’s an indication of his emotions. The more obvious the red tree, the stronger his emotions

the first half of the article also says (from my limited understanding) that the tree is hidden all the way in the back but still somewhat visible - very much like JC. He seems icy but that’s just the exterior - if you delve deeper, he’s actually passionate and emotional. (So much for a stone heart lol)

a lot of other characters also also uses the red tree when they are feeling strongly about things - when LX sat outside the pavilion for 16 days, when YF stone statue broke.

this is truly a marvelous drama - the more you watch the more you notice. It certainly rewards the viewer who rewatches it

Thank you for this great insights!!!

now I have to pay attention to that tree when rewatch.

1 hour ago, zijinini said:

@fivebowls has recommended this video of AvenueX. I found it very infomative and posted it here directly in case someone miss it.

AvenueX explains that “mo jiang” is 13’s humble reference to herself in front of her superior based on her rank/title.  JC refers to himself as “本尊“(“ben zun”), meaning “this zun,” as in “zun” from “shen zun,” in front of all ranked lower than him (pretty much everyone except for the heavenly emperor and his teacher).  In the beginning, he uses the more casual “I” only with Yun Feng.  Later, I believe starting from episode 17 or so, he starts to use “I” with LX.  This reflects the change in how JC views their relationship.  

JC’s original form is based on ying long like she says.  It’s mentioned in the CGI special about the design of the various creatures in the show. 

Yeah, the English speakers would miss the subtleties of how his pronouns change is indicative of how he feels about a person. I mean JC is normally polite but also very haughty. Reminds me of those old time European aristocrats. If you richard simmons him off, he wouldn't hesitate to cut you and pull rank on you. Like with Old Lady Yuan, when he first saw her again at the banquet, he walked over to greet her politely, after her conduct at the banquet, he was all "Ben zun" with her. Same with the queen of the West, he behaved with perfect conducts, but after she invaded his place and hurt Lingxi, he dropped his sword on her and pulled the "Ben zun" again, which is basically a royal "we" on her. And then after the interrogation of Lingxi, he just snubbed her, walked straight pass her without even a glance. I was so gleeful. 

1 hour ago, Positively prickly cactus said:

Yeah, the English speakers would miss the subtleties of how his pronouns change is indicative of how he feels about a person. I mean JC is normally polite but also very haughty. Reminds me of those old time European aristocrats. If you richard simmons him off, he wouldn't hesitate to cut you and pull rank on you. Like with Old Lady Yuan, when he first saw her again at the banquet, he walked over to greet her politely, after her conduct at the banquet, he was all "Ben zun" with her. Same with the queen of the West, he behaved with perfect conducts, but after she invaded his place and hurt Lingxi, he dropped his sword on her and pulled the "Ben zun" again, which is basically a royal "we" on her. And then after the interrogation of Lingxi, he just snubbed her, walked straight pass her without even a glance. I was so gleeful. 

Speaking of old time aristocrats, can you imagine an AU fanfiction where he is a Royal Duke, or maybe a Russian Prince and she is just a simple country maid, the daughter of a minor gentry or something, and they fall in love? 

Him looking like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/hHLt5tFkzxfdZ63KA

And her looking like this

https://images.app.goo.gl/eZqLxSyTszDp4rSm8

And there would be horse drawn sled  in the snow, a la War and Peace. And him holding her face in his beautiful hands, tenderly kissing her? Omg * fan self* they are driving me crazy with their chemistry and I'm not ready for the show to end. I want more.... I just can't stop my mind from creating these crazy scenarios lol

:lol: hahah. 

@fivebowls thank you for the explanation, just want to ask you. That “ben” is it the same as “ben” in “ben wang” where the duke or princes call them selfs? I remember this from other palace drama.

@Positively prickly cactusLove what you say about him pulling rank card. Now when I rewatch I have to pay attention to what they’re saying. Omg you’re about to start a fanfic frenzy going with those pictures lol.

With this drama every time you rewatch it you watch something. Like someone here mention treasure hunt lol.

5 hours ago, Positively prickly cactus said:

Not to mention he emphasis a certain word to convey his emotion as well.  There's playfulness and seriousness.  Sometime, I feel like Ni Ni's dubber didn't bring that to the table, some of the emotion got lost. 

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2019/09/love-destiny-episode-15-recap.html#disqus_thread

While we're on the subject of hidden meaning, JoanP did an analysis about  Gongjiyuan  and Fu Yuen Dian.  I found it to be very interesting. 

Someone else also did an analysis on the bed LX slept on during her time at Gongjiyuan on douban.  

@Positively prickly cactus @blueclueblue

I noticed that  as well. I think when you watch stuff with dub, its very important to know some of the words going in so you'd catch the differences in how they speak. (kinda glad I took mandarin when I w as younger nd watch enough drama to notice the language)  

Like when he uses "Ben Zun" to address himself when speaking to others. 

He never uses that with LX though now that I think about it. 

as for the playfulness, the dubber did great, seriously convey a lot of emotion with words too like when he talked to her after LX came back from meeting his master. 

3 hours ago, blueclueblue said:

http://dr-myri-blog.blogspot.com/2019/09/love-destiny-episode-15-recap.html#disqus_thread

While we're on the subject of hidden meaning, JoanP did an analysis about  Gongjiyuan  and Fu Yuen Dian.  I found it to be very interesting. 

Someone else also did an analysis on the bed LX slept on during her time at Gongjiyuan on douban.  

Wow...i need to do lots n lots of read back. Was MIA as I had some family affairs to sort out..which is still being sorted out. Took my almost a whole day to catch back up.

Can u share what the analysis about the bed in douban that they did?

Archived