[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

People, people Ive been saying Luna is JTE haha. Luna is her past version that got lost looking for the LG that erased everyone else's memories lol.

205Y2uh.png

If you think about it, it makes sense. Luna is literally the only character in this entire show that does not have any memories of her past at all hence why she only lives for the present/now kinda like JTE does. It's for this reason that JTE lets "Luna" go and tell her she will have a "long life" because JTE just figured out that Luna is her past self. If you think about it "Luna" only pops into our view during the rowing competition by "coincidence"? I think not haha.

Also its weird that Luna says similar things to yo yo kid as LG had said to JTE:

IsWEpJJ.png

hM7CTUo.png

• Like 8
  • Insightful 3

Geez, all our good-byes here may be sadder than what may possibly happen tonight:bawling: First, I'd to thank my chingu @syntyche for starting the thread and updating tirelessly.  Second, everyone here for making this thread so much fun to read.  I would have never ever imagined that this thread would explode based on the ratings the first couple of episodes.  Last, our cast and crew for entertaining us 2 months :heart:

Spoiler

Please join us in the LMH thread June 19, 20 for a virtual birthday par-tay for our King.  His actual birthday is June 22.

• Like 7
  • Love 8
  • Awesome 3
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, SweetButters said:

People, people Ive been saying Luna is JTE haha. Luna is her past version that got lost looking for the LG that erased everyone else's memories lol

If you think about it, it makes sense. Luna is literally the only character in this entire show that does not have any memories of her past at all hence why she only lives for the present/now kinda like JTE does. It's for this reason that JTE lets "Luna" go and tell her she will have a "long life" because JTE just figured out that Luna is her past self. If you think about it "Luna" only pops into the our view during the rowing competition by "coincidence"? I think not haha.

I was thinking that as well...but my peanut brain cannot explain why JTE said that she could live a long life

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 3
  • LOL 2

6 hours ago, Heretorant said:
6 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

When you thinking to ask your best friend to be THE BEST MAN in your wedding  :joy:

# Next hours  let’s have wedding vibes :D

Real question: Can WDH be the best man at LMH and KGE’s wedding?

Yes please, LOL

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

restmb_jhidxmake.php?idx=5&simg=20200612

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, The King, how do you feel about the show ending ? "Thank you for having so much fun filming."

Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae, and Lee Jung-jin, ahead of today's final episode, delivered their final impressions containing overwhelming emotions.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, produced by Jung Ji-hyun/produced by Hwa & Dam Pictures) is a parallel world fantasy romance set in two worlds: the Korean Empire and the Republic of Korea. Above all, the main characters of "The King-Eternal Monarch," including Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin, revealed their best scenes selected by themselves ahead of the final broadcast today. They expressed their gratitude to viewers who have been with them so far and expressed their regret for finishing the work.

Lee Min-ho, who played the role of Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, said, "The eight-month long journey will be remembered for a long time," adding, "This is a work that I started as an actor in my 30s, and will likely be remembered as a nourishment time to enrich a chapter in the future. Above all, I would like to thank my fans and viewers for their long-awaited relationship. Lee Min-ho picked the ending scene of the fourth episode as his best scene, in which Lee Gon declared, "I am the emperor of the Korean Empire and my name, which is not to be called, is Lee Gon, ," after crossing to the Korean Empire for the first time with Jeong Tae-eul. "I hope everyone stays healthy at this time of the year, and I hope you will walk on the path you chose nicely. I will do my best every moment, and I will take a step firmly," he said.

Kim Go-eun, who acted as Korean detective Jung Tae-eul and Korean Empire criminal Luna, said, "It was a short time, but I had a lot of fun filming it. I remember a lot of times when I was filming with the directors and actors, as well as the staff members, laughing and playing with them." Moreover, Kim Go-eun, who selected as a masterpiece the "blood-stained reunion scene" which was broadcast on the 11th and 12th episodes, said, "It was memorable because it was shot in Busan for three whole days, and I felt good because viewers seemed to like the scenes." "Thanks to each and every word of the viewers who said they were enjoying it, I was able to cheer up and shoot it to the end. Thank you very much. I'll greet you with a better performance next time," she said, adding that as a point to watch in the final episode, please wait and see if Jung Tae-eul and Lee Gon can meet again.

Woo Do-hwan, who perfectly played two roles as Jo Young, the captain of the Korean Empire Guard, and Jo Eun-seop, a Korean social service agent, said, "I was able to have fun acting thanks to the writer, director, and senior actors who communicated a lot ahead of the last episode. We were even more grateful to our viewers for their positive response. Woo Do-hwan, who selected Jo Eun-seop and Jo Young's first meeting in the seventh episode as a great scene, expressed his meaningful feelings, saying, "We prepared really hard because we can see at a glance each other's narrative and characteristics that we have accumulated from the first to the sixth episode." Before watching the last episode, where there are many intriguing elements left, he said, "I've been running nonstop from the first shoot to the last one, and it was such a good script that I really didn't want to rest, and it was a good scene. I'll do my best to show better acting to our viewers and fans. Thank you so much for loving me."

Kim Kyung-nam, who revealed his heavy presence as Kang Shin-jae, a hidden card in the parallel world and a detective in the Korean violent crime squad said that the preparation period was long, and he was not able to realize that the end is here. He added, "I was so happy to be able to live as Kang Shin-jae. It was a pleasant work with good people. Above all, thank you all for loving 'The King' and for loving Kang Shin-jae in it." He picked as best scenes the beheading kiss of Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul in the 12th episode, and the ending of the 8th episode where Lee Gon said to Kang Shin Jae, "Perhaps I am your King." He further added, "It's a result that everyone can be satisfied with. Your enthusiastic support and attention were the driving forces of all strength. Thank you for loving our work, and we will repay you with better performances."

Jung Eun-chae, who showed a broad spectrum of acting as Gu Seo-ryeong, the youngest and first female prime minister of the Korean Empire, expressed her regret for the end, saying, "I am grateful to writer Kim Eun-sook, for giving me the great character of Gu Seo-ryeong, directors, staff members, actors and viewers who have always worked hard and made precious memories." She selected the scene at the end of the seventh episode, which was the first meeting between Gu Seo-ryeong and Luna. "When I meet Luna, confusion increased and Gu Seo-ryeong begins to experience the door of two dimensions directly," said Jeong Eun-chae. "Please look forward to the last episode," she said. "I think I was able to finish this drama well because so many viewers in Korea and abroad looked forward to it and cared for it even before it started. I sincerely thank you and I will greet you with another good work. Always take care of your health, she said.

Lee Jung-jin, who was transformed into the most intense villain in his 22 years as an actor, said, "It's my first time playing the character, but I've studied hard, and it's even more impressive because it's a fun and memorable role. I think it'll be a memorable drama as an actor." He said he was more attached to Lee Rim's desire because of Lee Gon and Lee Rim's first encounter in the ending scene of the ninth episode. "With the efforts of many people, we were able to create a great scene." For the last episode, he said, "I hope you watch to see if Lee Gon can stop Lee Rim and protect Jung Tae Eul," and added, "I would like to thank you once again for watching and supporting me during these difficult times. We will prepare more and get together to meet you with a memorable character like Lee Rim.

"We give our endless thanks to the writers, directors, actors and all the staff who have worked together for a long time to tell our viewers a new and mysterious story," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please watch what beautiful answers we can make in the final episode of The King-Eternal Monarch."

Meanwhile, the final episode of SBS' "The King-Eternal Monarch" will air today at 10 p.m. 

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202006121015442612483_1

• Like 12
  • Love 3
  • Awesome 1

10 minutes ago, Goong_admirer said:

I'm not sure if anybody has posted this before because I joined the forum midway, but I think WDH definitely has his fate intertwined with TK:EM. Yay for all WDHoes!

Did he predict somehow of playing doppleganger accidently lool? I couldn't get that gif as the subs were moving to fast

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

19 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Geez, all our good-byes here may be sadder than what may possibly happen tonight:bawling: First, I'd to thank my chingu @syntyche for starting the thread and updating tirelessly.  Second, everyone here for making this thread so much fun to read.  I would have never ever imagined that this thread would explode based on the ratings the first couple of episodes.  Last, our cast and crew for entertaining us 2 months :heart:

Hide contents

Please join us in the LMH thread June 19, 20 for a virtual birthday par-tay for our King.  His actual birthday is June 22.

I will drop by but how is it going to play out? 

• Like 6

@Geolyvseven I still remember. One hour has passed already. Don’t bring those spoilers out when I am already in bed :tounge_xd:

@SweetButters I originally thought Luna was the future self of TE that went wrong due to the balance. But since this story is all about going to the past, your point makes more sense.

awww! Look at all of them!! So lovely! :wub:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4
  • Love 2

16 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

Hide contents

Thank you so much, my chingu, @CarolynH! All the efforts have paid off, as we see this drama come to an end. Thank you all for visiting and posting and lurking on this thread. Your support for the drama is overwhelming. :heart: 

• Like 2
  • Love 6

6 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Geolyvseven I still remember. One hour has passed already. Don’t bring those spoilers out when I am already in bed :tounge_xd:

@SweetButters I originally thought Luna was the future self of TE that went wrong due to the balance. But since this story is all about going to the past, your point makes more sense.

I think @Geolyvseven

Has fled the scene 

tenor.gif?itemid=7968259

• Like 1
  • LOL 10

14 minutes ago, Orientalfan said:

I was thinking that as well...ut my peanut brain cannot explain why JTE said that she could live a long life

@Orientalfan Aw dont say you have a peanut brain!!! All of our brains are basically all fried right now lol!!! The bigger picture of it all is that both JTE/LG have rewritten themselves so that they will always find each other and yoyo kid just helps those two set forth in motion this plan hahaha.

Again, I feel most sorry for their friends hahahah!!! ES, JY, Nari, Lady Noh, and KSJ/KMH all deserve a big present throughout this whole ordeal lol!!!:joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9