[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

So...here's the thing. 

When I read that description about the devil releasing monsters into a parallel world...I totally thought they meant ACTUAL monsters and demons . And then the opening scenes in ep 1 were so dark and bloody, I was honestly waiting for dragons and killer unicorns and witches and devils until like, episode 5. 

• Like 1
  • LOL 15

25 minutes ago, koreaboooo said:

This is like Futurama all over again.

I thought i saw a movie like this before perhaps terminator 1 where a corporate boss sends a soldier who works for him back to the past to save his mom but that soldier ends up becoming his father 

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

9 hours ago, Flloy House said:

I would like it to become more dark themed and more action thrown in and obviously with LMHxKGE as the leads. I love adventures so I would want it to be adventure based somehow 

I mean yeah why not. I would definitely watch with dark themed things can get limitedless as how much they can go with whatever scenes they need but it can't be on national TV or cable? Perhaps TvN they tend to release show themed shows  

• Like 3

5 minutes ago, Heilo said:

I thought i saw a movie like this before perhaps terminator 1 where a corporate boss sends a soldier who works for him back to the past to save his mom but that soldier ends up becoming his father 

It's different since in the Terminator it's the son, John Connor, who sent his father, Kyle Reese, to the past and Reese saved John's mother and then they had John. John isn't his own grandfather but his father is from his own generation. Whereas in Futurama, Fry went back in time and pound rice with his grandmother. :sweatingbullets: Rest is history, or future?

• Like 5

27 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So...here's the thing. 

When I read that description about the devil releasing monsters into a parallel world...I totally thought they meant ACTUAL monsters and demons . And then the opening scenes in ep 1 were so dark and bloody, I was honestly waiting for dragons and killer unicorns and witches and devils until like, episode 5. 

Same with you! i have been meaning to say this but keep forgetting. 

The synopsis keeps saying “the devil released into the human world..the devil ask if he lived better in the other world..against the Devil’s question, the emperor Lee Gon..”

source.gif

What in the world did I just read? 

i am like “what devil?” I saw no devil released into the human world..and he didn’t ask LG anything..you mean LR is the devil..ohhh..but isn’t he already human?” :crazy: :lol:

@Elnin Joery Soju coming right up! ;) :P

BORNGA.gif

Edit:

@SweetButters haha, i was about to ask if we have gotten answers yet about any kind of hints on JY living LOL. I think her answer may come after the episode airs or perhaps never, so we might as well look for our own clues :joy:

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

7 hours ago, Goong_admirer said:

I left the forum for a day, now you guys starts harassing Na ri/seung Ah too? She's too precious to ES/JY, i bet they'll come running to defend her :D

EDIT: as fellow wdhoes, can i join squeeling on recent updates that he's gonna lead another drama?

@Goong_admirer haha we just have to know if JY lives haha!! So I just checked her IG story just now and the questions I asked still haven’t been shown as “seen” haha she must have gotten a lot of questions!!! Now she’s gotten to answering her favorite Disney movie as toy story lol!! Oh yea so excited WDH finally got offered a lead role! I was checking the actor who plays young JY and in his photos, there’s scenes of him filming for TKEM that haven’t been seen yet...so I’m hoping that’s a sign JY will live lol

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I will have to save these for post drama :joy:

You can find some crazy fanfics amongst these. 

I am not much of a fanfic reader but sometimes when I find the time I tend to read it. I recall reading a fanfic few years back I left thinking who even wrote this tho some of them can be good at times

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

19 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@SweetButters haha, i was about to ask if we have gotten answers yet about any kind of hints on JY living LOL. I think her answer may come after the episode airs or perhaps never, so we might as well look for our own clues :joy:

@vangsweetie637 AMEN TO THAT lol. Well here's what I did with decrypting the cast member's captions and responses to each other. It goes back to the Alice in Wonder jam yesterday and jam tomorrow never jam today which means a never fulfilling promise. Basically something with "jam" on it means very rewarding hint hint remember that scene where ES says he prefers to have jam on his bread lol. So if the cast members talk about things in present or future tense take it as a good thing. Jam today with a little jam tomorrow is a good thing hahaha jam today includes some bad things that may happen, but its going towards a happy jam of tomorrow lol if that makes sense. lol 

also thought this was relevant to TKEM

4XnGwfb.png

• Like 1
  • LOL 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Insightful 1

22 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

I mean yeah why not. I would definitely watch with dark themed things can get limitedless as how much they can go with whatever scenes they need but it can't be on national TV or cable? Perhaps TvN they tend to release show themed shows  

TvN? I was thinking only exlusively on Netflix I am not so sure TvN can do 19+ proper justice like they do on Netflix. I am thinking something like the ''Last Kingdom'' 

• Like 3

38 minutes ago, AgentQuake said:

So...here's the thing. 

I did AS WELL...So....ok Technically DRAGONS it is....Because It was the Dragon King who gave the manpasikjeok or something like that and Everyone is a Pheonix , resurrected in xyz timeline so......And the show has xianxia feels....Not far fetched AT ALL.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

Well, I mentioned many many pages ago that if time travelling to the past is allowed, then LG would just have to prevent LR from being born altogether.  Sounds crazy, right?  But how can that be done? What if --

1. LG & JY successfully kill 1994 LR on the Night of Treason.

2. So what about 1951-1994 LR? LG & TE go back further in time, as the spoiler 1940s photos show.

3. This means LG virtually becomes King Haejong, rescues OkNam from the war & transforms the country to a constitutional monarchy

4. He rules the Kingdom withTE as his fated Queen.

6. Since he loves his Queen so much, he does not take a concubine so there will be no illegitimate LR 

7. The flute won't be cut in two, both parallel do not collide, both worlds survive

Maybe that's why LG becomes the Eternal Monarch.  Wild eh? Do I like this scenario. NOPE.  Thank goodness Friday is near. Save me from this madness!

Can we have season 2 to explain and show all this?

Anything for season 2 in my book. 

LG is his own grandfather and all this time the OTP was LG and Lady Noh? Yes, just give me season 2!

LG dies and LR succeeds? Yes, only if season 2 JY finds the resurrection flower and brings LG back to life! 

JTE dies and LG spreads her ashes in the sea? Yes, only if season 2 she becomes a mermaid and finds him 300 years later! 

Anything! I’LL TAKE ANYTHING! 

• Like 2
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 9