[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

46 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

TF ?

Who is this character ? :blink:

:lol: W....TF...is the TF without W , I can't use Offensive words in a Public Forum. 

Ps-We are so engrossed in naming the characters  while discussion as LG, TE,JY,ES even TF is mistaken for a character :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, asul_03 said:

sorry to cut your post, chingu. this was also one the questions i asked myself after watching episode 14. i mean, JTE's reaction towards LG in episode 1 is poles apart from her reaction towards meeting LG in episode 14. it is obvious that the new memories contributed to her hugging LG

What I don't understand is why are those new memerories. In episode 1, LG went back to 1994 to save his younger self but didn't decide to met 1994 JTE and 2016 JTE? This is why I don't like time travel stories. It creates plot-holes and contradictions to the story. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Alice Wonderland said:

Yeah right. Like how you made the comic strips of king LG was waiting for his firstborn baby in front of his chamber. I'd  like to quote that picture but forgot in which number it is. LOL. 

This is so important rite! I am glad to het all the answers last night, and the rest could be solved like in 25 minutes long actually. But well, we're going to suffer one more episode before it really comes to the final happy ending. I'd like to quote our king's word "The happy ending is on its way, we shouldn't feel tired and hang on here:D

Btw do we have new still for today's episode?

@Alice Wonderland Oooo I have no clue either.... too many pages to scroll through :joy:, but I have a copy of it here:

eLcvI4C.png

Best quote ever! Ooooo I haven't seen any new stills yet except for the one of JTE and LG sitting on the bench haha

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 2

17 minutes ago, SCSfanz said:

i actually don't get this part of the plot... i mean... 2020 LR goes back and gets killed by 1994 LR. 1994LR will one day reach 2020... so he goes back again and gets killed again and again? LOL!!!  So maybe now the plot is.. LG has to make the flute whole again to save everyone including LR lol. 

I told you he's stupid. Yes, his future got killed then 94 LR finally reach the 2020 of him, he is now. It's part of the flashback and like usual their editing were put randomly and overlapped with the current timeline so it feels kinda confusing. I watched the episode more than once and it's why I spent more than one hour to finish a new episode. LOL. I need to read between the lines very carefully. And put an order of the scenes sequences in my head. So far I feel satisfied with last night episode. Because in my pov, the writer has done her best to reveal the answer as logic as possible. Though the logic here is not based on real scientific logic. So it's like a sci-fi mashed up fantasy tales. 

• Like 6
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

You didnt watch enough drama.

TKEM villains are rather nice to live with.

Look at "Love in sadness" or "Remember war of the son", for example.

Here you throw your glass on TV, then you throw your TV by the window.

ig new drama on my list after TKEM finished. can't wait to curse & murder them:ph34r:

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Wanderer062287 said:

It looks like the time travel in this drama is not following the standard time loop time travel sequence. It seems like our time travelers LG and LL in a way have free will and can choose to do stuff that their previous selves in previous time loops did not do. I'm thinking maybe the destiny part is for adult LG to always travel back in time to save himself that night until he is able to do something that would free him from that time loop, but until then, he will just keep going back once he grows older.

So, basically a "Groundhogs Day movie" scenerio.   

• Like 1

Page 722:

@Heretorant NO!!!!

Please change your script!

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=10136432

10 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

most be sad with my villain pd  but I am liking it , he look sexy :joy:

My eyes are really playing a trick on me.

I'm seeing it as vanilla pod. Lol

And the flute as 

Spoiler

678.jpg?itok=wFDbfbal

:joy:

Geez.. I tried to combine my comments for page 722 till 725 and they keep disappearing. 

Looks like I can only comment page by page else I'll be erased from moving forward. LOL

This is my 3rd time re typing my comments and I give up. I only remembered these 2. LOL

• Sad 1
  • LOL 6

1 minute ago, SweetButters said:

@Alice Wonderland Oooo I have no clue either.... too many pages to scroll through :joy:, but I have a copy of it here:

Best quote ever! Ooooo I haven't seen any new stills yet except for the one of JTE and LG sitting on the bench haha

Yes this one!! Awesome strips!! Hahahaha. Oh my gosh... which bench?? I haven't seen it. Tell me the page or well I'll check on IG instead. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, kboramint said:

Good point. JTE first hugs LG, so does that mean she doesn't take him to the police station? Did the events in Episode 1 change? Did they create a whole new timeline? What doesn't make sense is that in Episode 1, LG went back in the time and saved his younger self and the same events happened in 1994. So, what's different now? Did he not travel to 2016 in that timeline and talk to JTE? Why didn't JTE remember him in episiode 1?     

To be fair, when he spoke to her in 2016, all he said was that they would meet in Gwanghwamun Square, that he would be wearing a jacket with buttons, and that he would have Maximus with him.  And then he told her to be nicer to him.

None of those would really mean anything because he never told her of a parallel world, that he's a King etc.  

So whether that would change events that had already happened, remains to be seen.

• Like 8

12 minutes ago, kboramint said:

So, basically a "Groundhogs Day movie" scenerio.   

Ohhh I do not know the movie huhu sorryyy :tears:

4 minutes ago, gwin said:

So whether that would change events that had already happened, remains to be seen.

I think the important events that led to the existence of our current Ta Eul remained the same because we still have her and the other characters as they are. Considering that her memories get altered when something changes in the past, if something changed significantly after their meetup that led to a different set of events, then we should not have had our Ta Eul at the end of episode 14.

But yes maybe there is more to be seen (especially that ep 15 is 1 hour and 20 mins long hehe)

• Like 5

17 minutes ago, kboramint said:

What I don't understand is why are those new memerories. In episode 1, LG went back to 1994 to save his younger self but didn't decide to met 1994 JTE and 2016 JTE? This is why I don't like time travel stories. It creates plot-holes and contradictions to the story. 

because that was his first time to travel back to the night the treason took place in KOC? i mean, prior to that, those events (1994 and 2016 meetings) never happened, right? it was only when LG time traveled was he able to make those things happen.

LG and JTE only met in 2019 when he crossed the portal with maximus. so, any event happening prior to 2019 are all new memories, an offshoot of his time travel to the year the treason took place aka 1994.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, SCSfanz said:

there's only 2 episodes left but it seems like ep14 opened up a whole new series on it's own .  so we have 2 episodes to clear up the below. probably loads more. 

What was the point of swapping all those doppelgangers ?

JY : he came on as a strong second lead role and then .. nothing. what's his contribution to the plot anyway?

PM: what did LR wanted from her and vice versa? what did she do in ROK?

SJ: still don't know what is the purpose of this character in this show. All those background story is so far meaningless.

pregnant woman: what is she there for? 

i demand season 2 :(

Season 2 will be without WDH if they start shooting in next 2-3 years. But then again he hasn't really served any purpose. So no one knows.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

@kboramint  If it's Groundhog day, it means that only the person time travelling retains memories from past loops.  SImilar also to the most recent film Happy Death Day.

So I don't think this is similar to Groundhog day, if JTE remembers things.

• Like 2

Page 723:

8 hours ago, 1ouise said:

Does anyone disagree?  I don't think we need a poll.  :blush:

Don't get me started with the painting!

Borrowed your picture since I can't quote pics. 

Spoiler

b52d9399f6699044d174e4b4d34760a85c3387a1

The hands

The body!!!

It's all wrong!!!

The shape of the hands. OMG

The shoulder, the hands. OMG

No wonder Lady Noh looks not impressed.

This painter should be beheaded!!!

-----------

Page 724:

7 hours ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

I'm so sick with PM Koo greed, she is such an ambitious woman in a wrong way. She is really wants to get to the top sacrificing anything include her humanity. No wonder everyone in the parliament hates her.... I do. Her greed is limitless, she is so deserve for a beheaded or lifetime jail in dungeon.

Yes!

You are in the right line with me and @vangsweetie637

Spoiler

tenor.gif

:joy:

------- 

Page 725:

7 hours ago, Yippeun_eonnie said:

But Koo Euna is died... who will replacing her?

She's worried her mum will be swapped.

I won't be surprised if she has a safe word with Secretary Kim too.

• Like 1
  • LOL 8

Just now, kboramint said:

How about "Edge of Tommorow"?

I have not seen the film yet (despite being on my to-watch list for N years already) but looking at the plot yes I think something similar to that. He's getting himself more and more skilled in combat with every timeloop until he gets to defeat the enemies and escape the loop, right?

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, kboramint said:

How about "Edge of Tommorow"?

It's more like Looper and X-men days of future past I would say exactly like X-men days of future past. This will give you all the explaination you need. The X-men universe time travel concept.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1