[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

1 hour ago, YongZura⁷ said:

I just woke up from a nap .. and seeing so many anticipating a special scene tonight... :blush:  Well, have you checked the text preview of tonight's episode? :glasses: 

7f02401b59af9607b0bb3ef813be09f9.gif

Spoiler

Nope! Still don't understand!

Send help? :joy:

@vangsweetie637 I came down to earth late and missed the fun!

giphy.gif?cid=19f5b51a4953f27c3e4d597ff8

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

Wanna to share my little thought. Since Luna is diagnosed with a cancer, she will be dying anyway. Could be she is the one who can  save TE at critical moments. Although i was a little bit disappointed with her intention to replace TE, but i still can understand her. May be she wanna to get know the feeling of living with family since she has no family and lived alone. She still has a conscience within her. I trust her. 

which ep mention that she is diagnosed with a cancer?  it seems I missed that part

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wanderer062287 said:

3 hours ago, Jad068 said:

It was in the introduction before then now it gone. It’s not also showing under controversy tab

https://flixpatrol.com/top10/streaming/world/2020/full#type2

This is the link that was originally referenced in the wikipedia page :wub:

Awesome! The King ranks 19 worldwide. 

I don’t care if other shows aired before or a little before all the ranking came to fruition. Matter of the fact is, they’ve been on Netflix longer than The King so they had more time to gather up ranking points. Netflix launched their ranking system towards the end of February so all those shows had 2 months ahead of The King. I’m not trying to drag other shows but The King has been dragged left to right by the fans of those shows. Just looking at the numbers, in may, alone, The King was able to rank higher than any other korean dramas. In 3 weeks, The King was able to achieve what no other korean dramas were able to do in 3 months. The dramas currently airing also don’t come close to ranking as high. It’s the top performing Korean drama on Netflix, no argument. One particular hit drama this year had at least one month’s run with Netflix’s ranking but their total ranking for the whole year is less than The King in 3 weeks. So yes, it’s ok and completely true to say the king is doing better on Netflix.

Hey, since they want to bring up ratings to make a point, I’m going to bring up international audience to make a point. And geez, what’s it to them anyway? They get angry arguing about the ranking on Netflix when the proof is there. It’s not like we’re arguing The King’s ratings are better. When the proof is there, you just can’t argue it.

All I’m saying is, let The King shine for once. It’s not doing great in South Korea but why does it bother people so much that it’s doing great on a Netflix? Give credit where it is due. #stoptryingtobringthisshowdown

——————————————

@Tw_22 Gumny’s ost is easily my favorite so far! 

It hits me right in the feels! I love it! 

I’m going to say, it’s the ultimate OST of this drama! It’s been playing all along in the background. Whenever I think The King, I Can hear the beats of this OST. We never knew it was Gummy until now. She never fails to impress! 

• Like 9
  • Love 4

36 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

dramanoona is in agreement with your proposal to get this hashtag trending! How do we do it? How do we reach the rest? It would be awesome if we could. 

We just start posting on twitter, IG & FB. For young ones, they go to IG & twitter. More "seasoned" audiences keep FB, but can also be in IG & FB.

Ask everyone to just add the hashtag # #pyehadotheinconsiderate to every post they make on TKEM or LMH or KGE, include MYM & KGE's agency in the tag (like cc them). Let's us start now and post more on social media 1-2 hours before the show starts in SK & Netflix

I suggest that we change the hashtag to #PyehaBeInconsiderateNOW!  and add another hashtag so we get KGE's fans, something like #Tae-gulOurQueen

Wyaddyathink?

• Like 3
  • Love 4

12 minutes ago, NoonaCaana said:

which ep mention that she is diagnosed with a cancer?  it seems I missed that part

It's written in the character description. Pg 20 of this forum 

The actress is also billed to take on the role of Luna, a criminal in Lee Gon’s world who was abandoned in the poorest neighborhood. With no family, she has no identity recognized by the government, and she has had to fend for herself to stay alive. She has taken part in a variety of crimes such as theft, document forgery, and breaking and entering, and it was only when she entered prison that the world knew of her presence. She has been diagnosed with cancer with just three months left to live.

• Thanks 3

12 minutes ago, NoonaCaana said:
39 minutes ago, deabakdrama said:

It was mentioned in Episode 10..when Lee Gon goes personally to the police station to get information about Luna.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Umjicheok said:

It's written in the character description. Pg 1 of this forum 

It was also mentioned in a recent episode that she was dying.  But I don't think they mentioned cancer.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, gwin said:

Lee Rim ally count:

1.  Luna

2.  Prince Buyeong's richard simmons of a son

3.  PM?

Arggghhhh 

2) My memory is failing me but have we seen the trash son in ROK before? He looks SO FAMILIAR but I might just be going crazy please someone HELP @syntyche

15 hours ago, Lisa_BB said:

I want to question why Lee RIm didn't guard/try to kill Tae Eul himself if he knew she's that important. Or why Lee Gon was so dramatic in the end instead of just getting straight to Tae Eul, but I'm afraid I don't really care about all that. I'm just loving all of it! :lol:

Honestly, I'm usually a simple thinker while watching the episodes and the way I understood it was he really underestimated her. Everything has been super easy for him till now, capturing and watching a girl is something his minions can easily do but he forgot - she's not just a girl, she's Lieutenant JTE and now the future Queen of the KOC.

14 hours ago, jangmi92_ said:

yeah about this kid,have a question^^

[you're in this world too picture]

this scene was first so when she talked with this kid,she didn't know where she is right?

[Am I in the KOC? picture]

she escaped,then realized so why did she asked to this kid that question?

Taeul know him from ROK after all so?:blink:

Once again, simple thinker - girl is drugged up LOL. 

But, to summarize and go over the scene again in my perspective - she opened her eyes and analyzed her surroundings - saw the bad guys, and saw the car keys and saw the gun and then saw the kid through the gates/window opening infront of where she was sitting and then fell asleep (cause of the drugs). Woke up to kid taking off the tape off her mouth and says kid, what are you doing here, quickly get out of here, to which the kid responds I warn people of danger and defeat the enemy, JTE then says btw, you're here as well (you're in this world as well.), to which the kid says there's only one of me, i went to the other world .... kid helps JTE and hands knife over and says i'm trying to restore the balance, there are too many enemies and then JTE says you.. what are you doing? who are you? 

and then JTE proceeds to try and protect the little boy and beat up the bad guys and run away in the car and then gets surprised she's in ROC or just realizes she's there and not in ROK and the reasons could be the following: @mychoiyoung @Ima04

1) You're here as well - meaning literally/physically, she met him before when her ID fell and now he's somehow here too in this situation

2) She's drugged up and confused, constantly forgetting and unable to fully grasp what's going on - you can be aware of your surroundings as in things and people but unaware of the overall picture, like where you are, why, who brought you here, etc. You could be saying/thinking one thing while another (like the kid) is responding to another thing, or thinking in a different view (she says he's here too and he says there's only one of him so he cant be in two places and he went to that world, she doesn't know which world, she thinks he went to ROC since he didnt specify and she didn't ask which world). Which is why when she runs to the car, if she wasn't drugged up and being chased, she wouldve noticed the KOC sign on the plate of the car but she doesnt, she's too busy running away and only realizes when she wants to get to Seoul, but sees the Busan palace up ahead sign and takes a moment (her brain still couldn't grasp the idea but she was like OK we need to find LG) to understand wtf is going on cause she knows she cant just magically appear in ROK, and that's when she starts to put the pieces a bit together and the adrenaline rush is what keeps her alive beyond that point - trying to survive long enough so that she can contact LG while managing to stay alive, mind you even while making the call to LG, she still can't believe it and doesn't expect LG to believe it either. 

3) For a moment, because she only sees the kid, and no one else around her, she may think she's in a dream like state and says you're in this world too, and then he says there's only one of me i went to the other world and then thats when she's like ???? what..

4)Two timeline theory by @Keikokoko

5)Writer messed up LOL or translator.

14 hours ago, kaqueski said:

THIS MUST BE THE NEW DIVERGE TIMELINE.

I believe JTE would be dead in this scenario - there is no way she would survive that mass attackers with only 3 bullets in her gun, there is no way her phone message would have reached LG that fast. What must have happened was JTE sent the voice message, LG realized it waaaaay later when he went through the message and realize everything was too late. Somehow LG of this timeline knows ahead of this danger and show up just right on time.

(Not to mention the interfering of fate yoyo girl) These two truly have deity on their side. THEY SHALL BE FINE!!

You may be right but my simple mind thought of it this way - LG does not have the knowledge of future LG (or the LG of the previous timeline) so he can only think of the things he knows now and go off the experiences he's had up until now. JTE is an experienced police officer, experienced enough that she should be promoted. When LG raided the bookstore and found that the bookstore owner was the ROK version of the bad guy, he realized LR made the switch long ago. He realized LR is in the process of switching people as they were speaking and it means the likelihood of JTE being switched right now are very high which is why his next move was to go to ROK and check on her, which is why he said he needs her to hang on a little bit longer, meaning he's hoping she's still safe in ROK and that all is fine. I'm sure he wasn't expecting JTE to call but after last times phone call, I'm sure LG put a system in place that if she calls, because only she would call while saying his name, it is directly forwarded to him and if not that scenario, he wouldve put his guards on alert that if a call comes for me, it needs to be forwarded right away and because his palace is in Busan and the bookstore he was visiting was in Busan, he was nearby!!! 

14 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Here I am.. worried for the Detective and you reminded me about Luna not hurt at all.   

Not surprised about her face not being hurt cause of her helmet and they didn't hit her hard enough that she'd bleed, just enough that she'd knock out and be bruised and in pain. 

13 hours ago, Edgar Pordwed said:

He addresses her as Lieutenant Jeong Tae-eul. He uses the formal/royal way of speaking. I'm not sure about the exact word but its translated as hey! I think the word is "ibuge" thats what it sounds to me. 

He also says cha-ne (I probably have the romanization wrong, please correct me), a lot which probably means you. 

13 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

I wonder if the PM crossed over to try to become president in ROK since she can't be queen, President is consider highest rank and also the fact you don't need royal blood to be president. There was also the newspaper with Trump as president that LR sent over. Maybe KES is making fun of that saying anyone can become president even Trump which PM scoffed at when she first saw the papers.

As for Swat team, they seem more like front line. Guards who stay near the King use sword to prevent stray bullets? In this battle sequence, you'll see the swat team went for the people that are in the perimeter while anyone heading towards JTE and following LG uses sword. I'm actually more concern why LR's people don't have better weapons. :lol: They still use knives and melee weapons. Like that scene from last episode, they chose to use civilians to protect themselves from getting shot and you'll notice they injured them with knives afterwards. I guess they're lacking in funding and don't have much guns. JTE got lucky with the gun she found on one of them? :lol:

Yeah. I'm so confused about the PM now. Is the PM is ROC evil or her doppelganger, like who can we TRUST? 

12 hours ago, koreaboooo said:

So I asked a friend and she said she thinks this means 'The palace of the Kingdom of Corea is being moved to Seoul." I think a better phrasing would be LR is trying to make Seoul the new capital of Corea instead of Busan where it is now, or maybe it'll be the new meet up place where the gates are or wherever they plot their next plan.

[pic]

If I remember correctly PM is the one in charge of Seoul so I think she's siding with LR. Maybe she was the one who drugged JTE. She visited Nari's cafe and that's near where JTE lives. 

Woah, you might be right about PM drugging JTE. If not, it would be pretty easy I bet for Luna to do it. 

11 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

That's what I have been thinking. There were police cars, yet only the cavalry was really used to protect JTE. It might look good on the surface but this appeared rather stupid as Lee Gon used the SWAT for the bookstore.

About the Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung, I would like to point out a few observations:

This is her CV:

- Seojin International High School

- Corea University

- announcer

- main news anchor

- married the second son of KU family

- became a politician and after 7 years, she was nominated as Prime Minister

In other words, GSR's success is not really self-made in reality and she has become quite arrogant. I found it really interesting that she keeps connecting greed and ambition with sincerity. She sees herself as a good person since she doesn't hide her greed and ambition. However, greed and ambition are rather flaws as they are synonyms for selfishness, avidity and pretension.   

Wow, hats off to you!! Amazing theory and very plausible!!!!!! This is getting so interesting!! 

10 hours ago, jerboa83 said:

In my opinion, it does make sense: maybe LG himself gave that order, 'cause he didn't want her future queen to be shot by mistake in the mayhem. No one could recognize her, except him: he and a few of his closest guards were the only ones who could spot her in a crowd. The fact that she was wearing bright-colored clothes amid dark-clothed people was just a coincidence, and he didn't know it, so he couldn't even give directions to his subordinates. There might have been other women amongst the traitors, and nobody could tell the hostage from the killers, except for him and a bunch of his personal guards. 

I agree and also, he wants every single corner covered. He is taking no chances. There is no such thing as extra protection when it comes to protecting your lady. If by chance, one of LR's men pulls through and manages to run up to JTE before LG reaches, the guns have to be used by the SWAT team, etc. 

2 hours ago, mychoiyoung said:

This is just a GUESS, but let us think back to the bookstore scene: When LG realized the highly possible & current danger to TE of being swapped, he ordered Seok to have the Royal Guards to assemble & for the infantry & cavalry to be on stand-by, right?

I reckon that in the next epi/s as flashback/s, we will see -

1. LG getting ready to go to Korea where he of course expects TE will be.  
  2. Then the Palace gets TE's call. Not probable but also not implausible that the Palace would be alarmed that a phone call for the NY message for the King would go through at that time. NY is already over by that time, right?  So that call was a red flag for a Palace already on red alert.
  3. That phone call is traceable. Similar to when TE was in Seoul, trying to go back to Busan. The Palace traced her (17) calls to the KTC station in Seoul.  How much more this phone call who the temerity to call the King by his name?

Or all of the above can be surmised in just a short talk between TE & LG, while she is recuperating in the Palace. 

That's how I imagine it.

I agree!!! 

1 hour ago, scrawford said:

Im Gonna highlight some Phrases here.

"true love bedroom kiss" 

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were caught touching each other in the bedroom.

They exchanged fatal kisses. 

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun appeared with a shy smile before shooting a comprehensive gift set that would give them a vibe from cheerfulness to adult beauty. 

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are waiting for a more affectionate romance to show.

Please keep an eye on them."

Yes, we will keep an eye on them. :wub:

Omg!! I love the new stills, we're finally getting a bed scene!! CANT WAIT!!! 

Today's episode, my jaw dropped on the first scene, first the kind police officer died while chasing Luna and then Luna got hit. I was like WHAT THE HELL. Next, I was living for the scandalous talk and now we only need scandalous action!!!!!! THEN, the huge SCENE. I knew she'd get kidnapped, I knew she'd escape, I knew she'd be in ROC. I knew LG would save her just in time, when she smiled and had given up all hope, she heard his helicopters, she heard his horse, she saw his face and her world, her reason for living became clear, her savior, her King, her man was there. I was in TEARS. Her phone call was so heart breaking, they need to set up a JTE only line for the King's access only. The final hug ugh, his fast tippy toed run towards her before she falls, I LOVED ALL OF IT AHHHHHH!!!

• Like 12

13 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

We just start posting on twitter, IG & FB. For young ones, they go to IG & twitter. More "seasoned" audiences keep FB, but can also be in IG & FB.

Ask everyone to just add the hashtag # #pyehadotheinconsiderate to every post they make on TKEM or LMH or KGE, include MYM & KGE's agency in the tag (like cc them). Let's us start now and post more on social media 1-2 hours before the show starts in SK & Netflix

I suggest that we change the hashtag to #PyehaBeInconsiderateNOW!  and add another hashtag so we get KGE's fans, something like #Tae-gulOurQueen

Wyaddyathink?

We shall do it! 

Let’s make #PyehaBeInconsiderateNOW! trend!

I don’t have Twitter. Is it time to start one now? I will do it for this show :lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 9

For those who raised concerns that LG is holding Smiling JTe in episode 12 preview can be Luna , here the shirt worn by the Lady is same as that of new bedroom stills released (Grey Bluish Shirt).

Pics-Art-05-23-03-12-55.png

I though it was JTE then someone planted the doubt. So here we have the stills before the actual airing.

#expecttheunexpected.

• Like 4
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 1

29 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Wyaddyathink?

So is it on?

• Like 7