[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

19 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

My naughty mind is running wild :lol:. I’ll be waiting for those for certain! It’s such a shame this drama is not on cable because they can’t do more due to the age restriction. But who’s to say when LMH and JJH totally had a tongue kiss in LOTBS and it was most definitely aired on SBS :lol:

That’s exactly why I  was Hoping this would be on cable. But your are right, LOTBS was aired on SBS and we know what happened :). 

Also, hyena has excellent kisses, it was on SBS. And suspicious partner as aired on SBS too.

• Like 7
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahaha no worries, I am the same too. I just use AsianWiki as a cheat sheet lol :lol:. Lee Rim is Lee Gon’s evil uncle. :D

Ohhh that blooded dude in those pics!! Well you're miles ahead of me & doing a much better job too :)  I couldn't even figure out the character chart/tree or whatever you call it lol

• Like 6

Loving these short interviews. This is about Woo Do Hwan's. Looking for one with English subs.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1394246wpp/woo-do-hwan-shows-off-duality-by-portraying-2-contrasting-characters-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

His interview is clever! 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not post consecutively, edit you previous post instead. Thanks!
  • Like 6

D-2 :heart:

Press Conference tomorrow!

202004150851260310_2.jpg

202004150851260310_3.jpg

202004150851260310_4.jpg

Spoiler

202004150851260310_5.jpg

Lee Min-ho X Kim Go-eun, what happened? Same time- totally different situation

Two shots of Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun in completely different situations were released.

Lee Min-ho will show the emperor Lee Gon of the Korean Empire with a graceful face after a dignified look, and Kim Go-eun will show South Korea's powerful detective Jeong Tae-eul with an easy-going girl crush charm.

In this regard, Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun are catching the eye with their "temperature difference row, meaning heart moment" that makes it hard to believe that they are taking place at the same time. In the drama, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul are showing completely different behaviors of "Polaris and Drama" at the same time. Emperor Lee Gon, who turned into a "bread-dol," gives a full level of cuteness look with his bright eyes and sweet smile, while South Korean detective Jung Tae-eul is eager to trace evidence by searching through piles of trash as if an emergency investigation had taken place. Curiosity is mounting over how Lee Gon and Jeong Tae-eul, who are faced with a temperate, coolness and 180 degrees of difference in temperature, will be connected at the same time.

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun's "Temperature Tea Scaling, Meaning Heart Moment" were filmed in November and December last year at an old apartment in Yeongdeungpo-gu, Seoul, and bakery located in Mapo-gu. Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun were immersed in their respective scripts to express the different situations unfolding at the same time. Lee Min-ho heated up the scene by announcing the romance master's comeback with his acting skills that showed extreme cuteness only with his desire for bread. Kim Go-eun made viewers admire her lively performance of throwing her whole body out and searching roughly through a pile of trash.

"Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun vividly portrayed the romance across parallel worlds, the breathtaking tightrope walk that was unimaginable," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said, adding, "I ask you to watch the new and falling parallel world fantasy that Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun will unfold in 'The King-Eternal Monarch'."

http://sbsfune.sbs.co.kr/news/news_content.jsp?article_id=E10009881457

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202004150851260310

Woo Do Hwan Shows Off Duality By Portraying 2 Contrasting Characters In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Woo Do Hwan gave fans a peek at his first time playing two roles at the same time in “The King: Eternal Monarch.”

This upcoming SBS drama tells the story of two parallel worlds, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho plays Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to close the door between the two worlds, and Kim Go Eun plays Detective Jung Tae Eul, who works with him to save people’s lives.

Woo Do Hwan portrays Jo Young, chief imperial bodyguard and Emperor Lee Gon’s best friend, as well as Jo Eun Seob, a public service worker at the National Police Agency’s civil service office.

In the stills, Woo Do Hwan’s transformation into Jo Eun Seob is the complete opposite of his appearance as Jo Young that has been shown in previous stills. In contrast to Jo Young’s slick-back hair and tidy suits, Jo Eun Seob has curly hair and wears casual outfits. He also acts upbeat and bubbly, shows off a cute expression, and speaks in a Busan dialect.

Spoiler

Woo-Do-Hwan_1.jpg

Woo Do Hwan commented, “It’s difficult because it’s my first time portraying two characters, but I’m having fun filming.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” premieres on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST. Check out the latest teaser here!

Spoiler

Moving poster of Lee Jung Jin

• Like 10
  • Love 1

Lee Min Ho And Kim Go Eun Face Contrasting Situations In Parallel Universes In “The King: Eternal Monarch”

105f9e8e7a4a4395adef39c529c9a437.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming Friday-Saturday drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released new stills of Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun in completely different situations.

“The King: Eternal Monarch” will be a fantasy romance that tells the story of two parallel universes existing, one in which Korea is a constitutional monarchy, and one similar to present-day Korea. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon and Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul.

The new stills show the two characters in completely different situations across the two worlds. Emperor Lee Gon is in a bakery, excitedly talking about bread with the employees who work there. He has a warm look in his eyes as he carries on the conversation. Meanwhile, Jung Tae Eul is digging through trash in order to find evidence for her case. It’s a tough job but she’s determined to find what she needs in order to catch criminals.

Lee-Min-Ho-1.jpg

Spoiler

Lee-Min-Ho3.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun-11.jpg

Kim-Go-Eun2.jpg

Hwa&Dam Pictures stated, “Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun will take on a romance that is like walking a tightrope as they live in parallel universes. We hope that many people will tune in to watch the pair as they create a new and exciting fantasy story.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere on April 17 at 10 p.m. KST.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1394326wpp/lee-min-ho-and-kim-go-eun-face-contrasting-situations-in-parallel-universes-in-the-king-eternal-monarch

"THE KING • Eternal Monarch" Moving Posters Compilation (with ENG subs)

cr: ICE Beyond_MinoBoiz_ICE

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, 1ouise said:

This is fun!  :lol:  Remember Baek Heon from Mackerel Run?  :)

Reveal hidden contents

@1ouise:  I would have never made the connection!  While we were watching Mackerel Run, I was wondering what became of that actor.

I think the Lee Gon-Lee Rim storyline will be quite interesting.  

I love LMH/Lee Gon's interview although it seems definitely like LMH, kinda goofy/cute:kiss_wink:

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

"The King" is rank 9 in the top drama list of Good Data Corporation, a TV news analysis agency. Among dramas currently airing in the list, "The King" is the only drama that is to premiere yet.

2020041580010_0.jpg

http://digitalchosun.dizzo.com/site/data/html_dir/2020/04/15/2020041580010.html

Bored at home due to the quarantine? Here are the Korean dramas to watch this month

1586901216-drama.jpg

If you’re bored at home due to the quarantine, watching dramas is the perfect way to spend time. Luckily, there are a number of Korean dramas for April that will help you get through pandemic! 

Here are some dramas that have aired or will air in April.

The King: Eternal Monarch

‘The King: Eternal Monarch’ is a drama about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy that will air beginning April 17. It features Lee Min Ho as Emperor Lee Gon and Kim Go Eun as Detective Jung Tae Eul.

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2020/04/bored-at-home-due-to-the-quarantine-here-are-the-korean-dramas-to-watch-this-month

• Like 5

Can't wait for tomorrow's presscon. :wub:

GIF from the interview video, credit to owner.

This cute girl will surely make The King fall in love with her. :love:

ezgif.com-video-to-gif.gif

SBS twitter update.

Edited by Chellsee
added video.
  • Like 7
  • Love 4

More moving posters 

"Man made God."
How do you like Lee Rim?

Lee Rim Moving Poster Revealed

"You needed me, too."
Look at the Force... the gorgeous Seoryeong.
Moving Poster Revealed

I hoped it wasn't an empty fist, it was a gun.
Kang Shin-jae Moving Poster Revealed

• Like 7
  • Love 1

filipino-stylist-kdrama-insert5.jpg

Jack Cruz styled this iconic outfit of Lee Min Ho on horseback, which fans went crazy for. 

...When asked about what it's like to work with the cast, Jack shares that they all have been very encouraging towards him. He even mentions a particular moment when Lee Min Ho backed up his idea: 

"The whole cast was amazing and they were very supportive of what I let them wear—no complaints whatsoever. There was a picture that kinda went viral, the one with Lee Min Ho was riding a horse. Originally, he was supposed to wear an equestrian hat because the director really wanted him to wear one, although I was totally opposing it (there was a bit of commotion on set) because I envisioned LMH on that horse with matching wind blowing through his hair (swoon moment). I won that argument because LMH took my side. Minutes after, the photo went viral and fans liked it." 

https://www.preview.ph/fashion/filipino-fashion-stylist-behind-the-king-eternal-monarch-jack-cruz-a00300-20200415

Interview with Woo Do Hwan

cr: V_PSH18

Name: Jo Young
Nationality: Korean Empire
Job: Chief bodyguard of Korean Emperor
Hobby: Protect the emperor
Future dream: Protect The Emperor until i die.
Person you like: The Emperor
What do you like: The Emperor

• Like 8
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, syntyche said:

When asked about what it's like to work with the cast, Jack shares that they all have been very encouraging towards him. He even mentions a particular moment when Lee Min Ho backed up his idea:

"The whole cast was amazing and they were very supportive of what I let them wear—no complaints whatsoever. There was a picture that kinda went viral, the one with Lee Min Ho was riding a horse. Originally, he was supposed to wear an equestrian hat because the director really wanted him to wear one, although I was totally opposing it (there was a bit of commotion on set) because I envisioned LMH on that horse with matching wind blowing through his hair (swoon moment). I won that argument because LMH took my side. Minutes after, the photo went viral and fans liked it." 

https://www.preview.ph/fashion/filipino-fashion-stylist-behind-the-king-eternal-monarch-jack-cruz-a00300-20200415

Name: JoYoung
Nationality: Korean Emperor
Job: Chief bodyguard of Korean Emperor
Hobby: Protect the emperor
Future dream: Protect The Emperor until i die.
Person do you like: The Emperor
What do you like: The Emperor

We love you, uri JoYoung ❤️ 
Slay it, WooDoHwan ssi! https://t.co/qSVLR6AATZ

Jack, you are the man! The king looks dapper and dashing! Straight out of a fairytale. 

Love how LMH took his side! 

————————

Isn’t Jo Young just too cute? He really does live for the king. Awhhh, their bromance will blow the roof off. Nope, I certainly do not believe he will betray the king :wub:, I don’t think he has a single ounce in him that would.

Is Jo Young the character most likely to die for the king? Absolutely! And I will cry! 

• Like 9

007YvW4Ily1gduhoehr1sj30u012kgrh.jpg

cr. 韩剧TheKing永远的君主官博

K-news reported that "The King" already got back the production fee by selling the rights. The profit is over 30%. 

"The King" on HK newspaper :

93481193_1902022933279107_83965962998681

cr. 李敏鎬香港後援會 Lee Min Ho Hong Kong Fans Club

• Like 6
  • Thanks 3

42 minutes ago, cpjing8 said:

Anyone have any idea how international fans like me can view tomorrow's LIVE press presentation without restrictions?

Hello @cpjing8.

So far, from previous posts, these are the suggested ways on how to watch the press conference outside Korea:

Try this link: https://tv.kakao.com/

or try installing the KakaoTV Live app. If you can't watch the videos/press conference, try using a VPN.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1