[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

I'm a grown up and I should stop drooling over a man's voice for heaven's sake, I told myself. But I refused to listen to my own voice and continue to drool over his voice. Yours truly is falling in love with lee min ho all over again... help!!

Moral of this rant; I'm such a weirdo lol

• Like 6
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

“The King: Eternal Monarch” To Conquer Viewers’ Hearts With Extraordinary Romantic Fantasy Drama

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-1.jpg

THE COUNTDOWN TO GLOBAL PREMIERE OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH WINDS DOWN THIS WEEK!

Set to premiere on April 17, The King: Eternal Monarch also begins its global release on the same day via Netflix.

Taking romantic fantasy drama to a whole new level, the series revolves around the relationships of people from two parallel worlds.

King Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) seeks to seal the gateway between dimensions, while Jung Tae-eul (Kim Go Eun), a police inspector, simply wants to protect other’s lives and their loved ones.

In the released official video trailer of Netflix, the main cast are introduced following the concept of parallel universes. That is the idea of having two people living at two different worlds whose lives are totally different from each other.

The video says, “I am you in a different world” hinting the intertwining lives of people between two realms. It also presents how the portal between the two dimensions opened and hints on Jung Tae Eul’s key role pushing King Lee Gon to search for her.

Bannered by a top-tier creative team, the series is penned by Kim Eun Sook of Goblin and Mr. Sunshine fame. It will be co-directed by Baek Sang-hoon (Secret, Who Are You: School 2015, Descendants of the Sun) and Jeong Jee-hyun (Search: WWW).

The King: Eternal Monarch premieres on SBS on April 17 and will be streaming via Netflix on the same day.

https://www.hellokpop.com/featured/the-king-eternal-monarch-netflix-premiere/

6 minutes ago, serendipity... said:

I'm a grown up and I should stop drooling over a man's voice for heaven's sake, I told myself. But I refused to listen to my own voice and continue to drool over his voice. Yours truly is falling in love with lee min ho all over again... help!!

And that's just the trailer. What more if we watch a whole episode hearing his deep voice. :wub:

• Like 8

"I'm not sure that the Earth is still round.
I don't believe him, but parallel world?"

KIR25eg.gif

Ever since she was a little girl, Jung Tae Eul had always been interested in becoming a police officer.

WMq21Ec.gif

She does her job with the belief that those who commit crimes will all be caught eventually, preferably by her. What throws a wrench in Jung Tae Eul’s life is the emperor who appears in the middle of Gwanghwamun, claiming to be from a parallel universe.

GM9zYpV.gif

(lol our tall King getting arrested by Tae Eul :lol:)

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

1 hour ago, serendipity... said:

Haha you’re not alone. I think I must have replayed the first teaser close to 150 times now just to hear his deep sexy voice... he sure knows how to conquer our hearts. 

1 hour ago, syntyche said:

THE COUNTDOWN TO GLOBAL PREMIERE OF THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH WINDS DOWN THIS WEEK!

Set to premiere on April 17, The King: Eternal Monarch also begins its global release on the same day via Netflix.

Ok does anyone know if this same day global release means it’ll be right after the entire episodes aired in SK 

A 10pm start in SK will be 11pm my time, the episode may last for 70 minutes which will be way past midnight the 18th and yet Netflix on my screen is showing new episode coming on 17th April..

ottoke? This is confusing me. I’ll be refreshing my Netflix screen every minute from 10pm :dizzy:

• Like 6

@SophieH does that mean you get to watch before all of us? :o

@serendipity... His voice is music to my ears. It just got 100x sexier too. I don’t know how he does it but each time he comes around, I fall. There’s no other actor that can do quite the same. I’m a weirdo like you B)

@yuiy78 don’t mind if I party here :lol:

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

14 hours ago, syntyche said:

Schedule of airing of The King on SBS

20200417~0419

4/17 -

Ep1 22:00~ 22:40~

4/18 -

Ep1 00:40~ 01:20~   

Ep1 18:40~ 19:20~    

Ep2 22:00~ 22:40~

4/19 -

Ep2 00:30~ 01:10~    

Ep1 13:00~ 13:40~

Ep2 14:20~ 15:00~

@SophieH

The short answer is it’ll broadcast on Netflix AFTER the airing of <The King> is done in SK. Referring to the table above, each episode will be aired in 2 parts in SK. I.e. part 1 of episode 1 airs from 22:00-22:40 and part 2 airs from 22:40-23:20. 

<Hyena> which occupies the slot before <The King> was uploaded on Netflix at 23:30~23:40. IMHO, <The King> will be available on Netflix at these times too. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

49 minutes ago, cpjing8 said:

@SophieH

The short answer is it’ll broadcast on Netflix AFTER the airing of <The King> is done in SK. Referring to the table above, each episode will be aired in 2 parts in SK. I.e. part 1 of episode 1 airs from 22:00-22:40 and part 2 airs from 22:40-23:20. 

<Hyena> which occupies the slot before <The King> was uploaded on Netflix at 23:30~23:40. IMHO, <The King> will be available on Netflix at these times too. 

thanks @cpjing8  so the episode ends at 23:20 which means it may only be uploaded at 00:30 past midnight my time. I guess Netflix has made a mistake by advertising it on my region as ‘first episode coming this Friday’ when clearly it’ll be Saturday already. 

@Heretorant ya hahah I was happy for a while that I could watch before all of you. Oh well, will find out in a few days time. 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

D-3 :glasses:

Woo Do Hwan is sharp and skilled as the Captain Of Lee Min Ho’s guard in “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Hl1Fcf6.gif

Despite technically being ruler and subject, the two longtime friends are even closer than brothers, with the drama’s producers describing them as “soulmates.”

byY71OC.gif

It was that day.
The moment I hoped the Emperor wouldn't be lonely.

3ywH1SV.gif

• Like 3
  • Love 4

202004140806168010_2.jpg

Baek Hyun-joo, who has been active in a number of works including "When the Camellia Blooms," "Hi-bye, Mama!" and "Nobody Knows," will appear in SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch."

In the drama, Baek Hyun-joo will play the character of Lee Gon's chief of staff, "Mother Secretary." Previously, Baek Hyun-joo, who made a strong impression with her unique character's ability to digest various works, will play the role of licorice based on her deep acting career and increase the immersion level of the drama by a notch.

https://www.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202004140806168010

• Like 8

2385_20200414091455766.PNG

Woo Do-hwan revealed for the first time the challenge to play a double role with 180-degree different characters in "The King-Eternal Monarch"

Woo Do-hwan plays a double role in the Korean Empire, playing the role of Cho Young-young, the captain of the imperial guard, and Cho Eun-seop, a social service worker at the civil service office of the Korean National Police Agency. Attention is focusing on what characters will be presented for the first time in his acting career by Woo Do-hwan, who is well-received as the next-generation actor.

In this regard, Woo Do-hwan is attracting attention for the first time as he was spotted as Cho Eun-seop of South Korea, which is 180 degrees different from Cho Young-jo of the Korean Empire's Guard. Contrary to the trademark pomade hair of Cho Young of the Korean Empire, Woo Do-hwan is showing a completely different figure from head to toe with his curly hair and casual clothes. In addition, Woo Do-hwan, who turned into Cho Eun-seop, perfectly completed a completely different pose from the calm and heavy Cho Young-hwa, showing his cheerful, bubbly behavior, cute facial expressions and even having a Busan dialect.

Then, Woo Do-hwan alternates as Cho Young-jo of the Korean Empire and Cho Eun-seop of the Republic of Korea in the drama, leading the play richly with unlimited charm from sincerity to big fun. Furthermore, Woo Do-hwan has raised expectations as he expressed his strong feelings, saying, "It's difficult to play a double role for the first time, but I'm having fun filming it."

Producer Hwa & Dam Pictures said, "Woo Do-hwan is completely immersed in the two-person role with a frightening concentration that surprises people every time they see it," adding, "In 'The King-Eternal Monarch,' Cho Young-young and Cho Eun-seop are completely different characters in color that play in the Korean Empire and Republic of Korea." Please wait and see how Woo will portray each character," he said.

http://pop.heraldcorp.com/view.php?ud=202004140901281742806_1

202004140933779933_5e9506aed2ff2.jpg

Actor Lee Ho-chul will join the SBS drama "The King-Eternal Monarch."  

Lee Ho-chul plays "Dalgu," a high school classmate of Kang Shin-jae (played by Kim Kyung-nam), who is the same violent detective as Jeong Tae-eul (played by Kim Go-eun). Lee Ho-chul will catch the eye of viewers with his sloppy unexpected charm, unlike the charisma that comes from a large body through the role of "Dalgu."

Following tvN's "Prison Playbook" and "Arthdal Chronicles," Lee Ho-chul, who has appeared on SBS's "Romantic Doctor Kim Sa-bu" and MBC's "365: One Year Against Destiny," which is currently airing this year, has left a strong impression with his strong presence in each piece and is playing as a scene stealer.

He, who is already familiar to movie fans with box office hits such as "The Exception," "Taxi Driver" and "Malmoi," recently appeared with actors Im Won-hee and Lee Kyu-ho on the SBS entertainment program "My Ugly Boy," drawing attention by showing cute and friendly charms with his "baby face," which is different from his strong impression. As such, Lee Ho-chul, who is drawing attention for his active activities in the first half of 2020, will join this year's best-anticipated drama "The King: Eternal Monarch." 

Meanwhile, SBS' new Friday-Saturday drama "The King: Eternal Monarch," joined by Lee Ho-chul, is set to premiere on Friday.  

http://osen.mt.co.kr/article/G1111337934

Edited by syntyche
  • Like 7

15 hours ago, Dramanoona said:

I see no Subway! But I do see BBQ Olive Chicken....and Paris Baguette

So any of those brand annoying? 

I think CLOY has the bbq chicken as well. 

One thing i love about LOTBS is that there is not a lot of product placement, and if there is, they do it very subtle. And I don’t remember Goblin have much Product placement: 

i understand that that this means good! And the drama is already making money, but I realy hope they do it in a classy way/subtle way

• Like 6

3 minutes ago, Chellsee said:

First interview for #TheKingEternalMonarch. :heart:

I can't open the first video and Lee Min HO looks so handsome.

If somebody can translate the interview, that would be much appreciated by all of us non Korean speaker :)

• Like 4