[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

9 minutes ago, Heilo said:

The level of cuteness was to high for me in this

And this is why I ship them so hard! Aren’t they so stinkin cute?! Like, just date already! :lol:

LeeEul doesn’t even stand a chance next to MinEun! MinEun’s level of cuteness is off the charts! 

36 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Heretorant I like the name Monarchs! :D At first I thought “Immortals” because of the word ‘eternal’. But then Monarch makes me feel closer to LG :P oh yes, u did mention you use to be at the Faith thread with the Faithlings :D. Which name did you use to go by before it was changed? I was quite active on that thread so your name may ring a bell for me unless you don’t remember of course ;)

59 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

Did you change your nickname? Why can't I remember you?

@vangsweetie637 how can I forget you? You’re so memorable! Those were the days! We had so much fun with all of maja, sia3, etc. etc.  

@leeminhosny yup, I changed my name. I forgot my old username and password since it’s been so long so I just created a new account lol. I usually only ever delurk when it’s lmh hehehe. Although this time, I came back because of Hotel Del Luna :D 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

@Heretorant omo! I am always happy to meet old friends! then you must remember the ‘anatomy lessons’ I use to give back then too. I was also nicknamed “Professor” :joy::joy: and the rice soups jokes! :joy: oh man it was so fun back then! That thread reached 4000+pages! I still remember almost everyone on that thread too! Ah, so you forgot your old username. No problem! We are still old friends! ;) And I am so glad we are having fun here again, together! Oh, I watched HDL too. Did you post there though because I don’t remember you posting on HDL thread? It was so fun there too! It’s fun anywhere when we all enjoy the same dramas! :P:D

@leeminhosny omo, were you a Faithling too?:D

• Like 4

32 minutes ago, Heilo said:

The level of cuteness was to high for me in thistNvC16j.png

Omo my Extraordinary You OST :wub:

23 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

@leeminhosny yup, I changed my name. I forgot my old username and password since it’s been so long so I just created a new account lol. I usually only ever delurk when it’s lmh hehehe. Although this time, I came back because of Hotel Del Luna :D 

I remember a person from LOBS thread but she diseppeared after dramas so I wonder you or not? I asked you.

8 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@leeminhosny omo, were you a Faithling too?:D

No I am from LOBS thread:lol:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

2020051301001009500070751.jpg

Fantasy Romance About Fateful Love

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, "The King-Eternal Monarch," broke out confessions along with cooperation, signaling a rapid rise in romance.

SBS' Friday-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-sook/directed by Baek Sang-hoon, Jung Ji-hyun) is a fantasy romance that depicts Lee Gon, a science-type emperor of the Korean Empire who wants to close the gate of the dimension, and Jeong Tae-eul, a Korean detective who wants to protect someone's life, people and love, through cooperation between the two worlds.

Above all, Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho), who returned to Korea upon learning that Lee Rim (Lee Jung-jin) was not dead, and Jeong Tae-eul (Kim Go-eun), who heard a voicemail related to the Korean Empire, felt a change of feelings toward each other as they began to cooperate. In a related development, an outline is released on the "four phases of the couple's love" that shook the hearts of romance fans.

#1 "Finally I see you" / "Oh, what is it? This half-crazy bastard?"

Lee Gon, who had kept the ID card dropped by the person who saved him during the night of treason, crossed the parallel world and arrived in Korea and met Jung Tae-eul, the woman in the ID card. Terrible things traumatized Lee Gon when he was only eight years old, and he lived in an uneasy palace where he could not leave, but he found comfort on Jung Tae-eul's ID. That ID was like an absolute fate that made him exist.

On the other hand, as Lee Gon said, "Finally I see you," Jeong Tae-eul was shocked by this stranger who even knew her name so she said, "What is this half-crazy bastard?" But she later found herself helping him. As a result, she felt a void when he left for the Korean Empire. When he came back, her feelings were shaken as he learned about the date of the issuance of her new identification card.

#2 "How have you been? Did you wait for me?" / ...(Nodding)

Jung Tae-eul was so unfamiliar, but when she met Lee Gon, she opened her mind with a fateful attraction as if there was a reason for love. She wondered why she was attracted to him, but when she heard of his painful story, she unconsciously felt the sadness of his heart. And for herself who values evidence, she was shaken like a storm by Lee Gon, who expressed his mind with his first kiss. Moreover, her still unbelieving heart revealed itself when she faced a brief farewell as he suddenly went for a naval battle. Eventually, when he successfully finished the battle and reappeared, she ran and gave him a loving hug. With a teary look, he said, "How are you? Did you wait for me?" She nodded with tears in her eyes which expressed her sad sentiment for the first time.

#3 "I'll tell you that I missed you a lot" / "Me, too."

It was Jeong Tae-eul who first revealed her feelings toward Lee Gon, but still failed to express that much emotion to him, a straight-forward man who is approaching with fateful feelings. However, she went through another emotional change at his lovely confession on their chicken restaurant date. Him trying to learn about her daily life by making somaek, as she stored her number in a cell phone that she gave him, exploded her excitement that she wanted to hide. As soon as he received his cell phone, he called her and said, "I really wanted to try this kind of routine," adding, "Ask you what you did today, and tell you that I missed you a lot." She stared at him, ended the call, then suddenly said "Me, too." Her shy confession of expressing her mind for the first time made the viewers' hearts flutter.

#4 "I love you" / "Me, too"

Afterwards, Lee Gon and Jung Tae-eul, who felt a stronger sense of fateful love for each other, only grew concerned about each other as they began to cooperate. In particular, Jeong Tae-eul, who knew the relationship between Lee Rim and Lee Gon, visited a nursing home where Lee Seong-jae, who had the same DNA as Lee Rim, previously lived. She felt somewhat uneasy about the uncooperative attitude and somewhat suspicious atmosphere of the nursing home.

As she visited and immediately confirmed Lee Gon's safety, she felt a strong feeling that something was coming into her tightly wrapped heart, and said, "Things that are bound to happen are taking place even at this moment. I was struck with a premonition that that this will be short-lived, but I decided to love my fate that chose me," acknowledging her feelings towards him. With her straight confession with the words "I love you," and his response of "Me too," attention is being paid on how their fateful love will unfold.

"The King" is a fantasy romance that throws the topic of fateful love," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please wait and see what kind of romance the two hearts will bring to each other with their first fateful encounter in 25 years."

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/915272?ref=naver

• Like 5
  • Love 5
  • Thanks 2

41 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

And this is why I ship them so hard! Aren’t they so stinkin cute?! Like, just date already! :lol:

LeeEul doesn’t even stand a chance next to MinEun! MinEun’s level of cuteness is off the charts! 

@vangsweetie637 how can I forget you? You’re so memorable! Those were the days! We had so much fun with all of maja, sia3, etc. etc.  

Hahaha. I remember that era especially Maja, Sia3 and few others allied with them closely they were loyal faithlings to the point that it split the fandom. I remember they were supporting faith while less than a year after the drama end LMH joined KES' heirs and he started filming. Year after Faithling aired Heirs came on this is where things got bad. I believe Maja, Sia3 and few friends of them clashed with minshiners and heirs supporters and it happened both in Heirs thread and than finally LMH thread but that was once the show ended. I remember the person who created the thread was changed that day I think it was either Maja or Sia3 or someone else with them that shared same views as them. There has been verbale wrestling in the thread before this happened. I think it was Pixie and few others on her side vs Maja, Sia3 on the other side. 

The story dosen't end here.. They left the thread sort of bitter and never returned then what they did is setup a camp on Dramabeans comment section shaming heirs even when it ended airing all the way upto 5 years post it's airing date hahahah. These were faithlings folks I kid you not. These were Sia3, Maja and these who were loyalists to them 

• Like 1

This thread is really moving fast, barely catching up. 

Thank you all for sharing valuable thoughts, I love reading it. :blush:

In an overnight and with all the spoilers, my heart is now confused.

1589099736.gif

• Like 6
  • LOL 5
  • Love 4

7 minutes ago, syntyche said:

"The King" is a fantasy romance that throws the topic of fateful love," the production company Hwa & Dam Pictures said. "Please wait and see what kind of romance the two hearts will bring to each other with their first fateful encounter in 25 years."

http://www.sportsseoul.com/news/read/915272?ref=naver

So we are waiting it but they don't show us , they are liar :lol: I know exactly Korean article style :lol:

• Like 3
  • LOL 5

1 hour ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Heretorant omo! I am always happy to meet old friends! then you must remember the ‘anatomy lessons’ I use to give back then too. I was also nicknamed “Professor” :joy::joy: and the rice soups jokes! :joy: oh man it was so fun back then! That thread reached 4000+pages! I still remember almost everyone on that thread too! Ah, so you forgot your old username. No problem! We are still old friends! ;) And I am so glad we are having fun here again, together! Oh, I watched HDL too. Did you post there though because I don’t remember you posting on HDL thread? It was so fun there too! It’s fun anywhere when we all enjoy the same dramas! :P:D

Hahaha of course, how can I forget all of our running jokes? Lol.

I posted maybe a few times in HDL’s thread but it’s countable so very little lol. 

2 hours ago, Heilo said:

LeeGgone is not a good name for a ship perhaps MinEun would be easier on the tongue. As for the ''Monarchs'' That is good. It's easy on the tongue. 

separated why? I want them to end together and than keep fighting on for the next season. We could be having plenty of LMH-KGE come our way. Which I am excited for to be fairly honest. I am like why not. Lets do this

Ummm.. if we get season two then sign me up! I’ll take any ending as long as we get season 2 hahaha :lol:

1 hour ago, leeminhosny said:

I remember a person from LOBS thread but she diseppeared after dramas so I wonder you or not? I asked you.

Hehehe, it was probably me. I’m guilty as charged. I remember we were supposed to rewatch all of lmh’s dramas and recap it but I got carried away with real life sometime after he left for military duty. Hehehe. Am back now and hoping to stay for good because he’s officially back. Lmh, please don’t make us wait forever for a new project. I’m already dreading the end four weeks from now. I’m going to miss him so much and not just him but this whole cast! :bawling:

.. # Finally I got to see it , I believe him  :joy:

I think WDH just touched lmh’s back and I may have just died. And here I was, thinking I was shipping lmh and kge. It’s been WDH and lmh all along :lol:.

I hope they remain good friends after this show. They seem close on set. 

• Like 5
  • LOL 3

59 minutes ago, Heilo said:

LeeGgone is not a good name for a ship perhaps MinEun would be easier on the tongue. As for the ''Monarchs'' That is good. It's easy on the tongue. 

I am not shipper but really how is this a name LeeGgone ?:lol: I read first time can't understand , I think you should find better:lol:

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

Hotel del Luna was my last fave drama. It kinda broke me and took me a while to get over, but as soon as I heard about TKEM I've been wondering if this could be the next/worse one. I'm kinda scared it seem to be shaping up that way.  

• Like 3

@Geolyvseven ah, i see. I don’t remember any of that. I only remember the good times I had at Faith thread :D

@Heretorant haha, those were really fun times! Ah, that’s why I didn’t see you much on HDL thread. But nonetheless, you are here! :D

11 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I am not shipper but really how is this a name LeeGgone ?:lol: I read first time can't understand , I think you should find better:lol:

Ah, i see. I watched a little bit of LOTBS and left halfway. haha i agree! First time I read this, i thought i read “it’s gone”. :joy: yes we need a new one. :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 4

I think WDH just touched lmh’s back and I may have just died. And here I was, thinking I was shipping lmh and kge. It’s been WDH and lmh all along :lol:.

I hope they remain good friends after this show. They seem close on set. 

he in one knee :joy:

it’s promising friendship :tounge_wink:

5ebb5a3f2863b312236287.jpg?download

15893364871589336483.gif

• Like 2
  • LOL 8

11 minutes ago, vangsweetie637 said:

@Geolyvseven ah, i see. I don’t remember any of that. I only remember the good times I had at Faith thread :D

@Heretorant haha, those were really fun times! Ah, that’s why I didn’t see you much on HDL thread. But nonetheless, you are here! :D

Ah, i see. I watched a little bit of LOTBS and left halfway. haha i agree! First time I read this, i thought i read “it’s gone”. :joy: yes we need a new one. :lol:

There was no commotion during faith so everything went smooth but it was in heirs era where we witnessed the back and forth wrestling mainly from faithlings trying to destroy heirs fans inside heirs thread. faithlings were bullies. Where as heirs fans or shippers were young you could tell by their posts. 13-17ish majority of them. They just couldn't live under the same roof at that time

• Like 1
  • LOL 6

48 minutes ago, Geolyvseven said:

Hahaha. I remember that era especially Maja, Sia3 and few others allied with them closely they were loyal faithlings to the point that it split the fandom. I remember they were supporting faith while less than a year after the drama end LMH joined KES' heirs and he started filming. Year after Faithling aired Heirs came on this is where things got bad. I believe Maja, Sia3 and few friends of them clashed with minshiners and heirs supporters and it happened both in Heirs thread and than finally LMH thread but that was once the show ended. I remember the person who created the thread was changed that day I think it was either Maja or Sia3 or someone else with them that shared same views as them. There has been verbale wrestling in the thread before this happened. I think it was Pixie and few others on her side vs Maja, Sia3 on the other side. 

The story dosen't end here.. They left the thread sort of bitter and never returned then what they did is setup a camp on Dramabeans comment section shaming heirs even when it ended airing all the way upto 5 years post it's airing date hahahah. These were faithlings folks I kid you not. These were Sia3, Maja and these who were loyalists to them

Wait, was I living under a rock? 

I remained in contact with sia3 and maja even years after heirs and never knew about this. Sia3 even watched LOTBS and we had discussions off of soompi. I never knew they started anything on dramabeans over heirs. Sorry, I believe I was one of those loyal to them. But I never participated in anything against Heirs. I was kind of new at that point and joined the Faith thread much later. I wasn’t aware of anything going on between fans. 

16 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

he in one knee :joy:

it’s promising friendship :tounge_wink:

:lol::lol::lol: otokke, what am I to do? I ship this bromance :lol::lol::lol:

The more episodes go by, the more I ship everyone together. It’s going to be hard to say goodbye. 

25 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

Hotel del Luna was my last fave drama. It kinda broke me and took me a while to get over, but as soon as I heard about TKEM I've been wondering if this could be the next/worse one. I'm kinda scared it seem to be shaping up that way.  

Hahaha, ma friend, you seem to have a thing for dramas that are set up to end tragically lol. At this rate, I’ll applaud the writer if she can pull off the Hong sister’s ending. While watching HDL, I was doubtful they were going to give us a sad ending. So when it came, it left me so shocked but satisfied because it was the most appropriate way to end. I like a writer who’s risky and gives the ending that makes the most sense. I don’t want a happy ending if it means we’ll be left with loose ends. I don’t mind a sad ending. Sometimes, it makes the drama more memorable. Maybe I am alone on this lol.

• LOL 6

On 5/10/2020 at 10:23 PM, mychoiyoung said:

IAwwww. I miss LMH in City Hunter.  I wonder what will it take for him to consider doing a Season 2 of this.  The director says he was game for it and will only do it with LMH. Pleeeeaaaase Min-ho?

I never knew that the director says he is game for a CH 2. Yes, I am for it too. CH ended with LMH roaming the nights like a vigilante catching criminals. and helping the victims.  It will be great on Netflix. Hero saving innocent people from corrupted officials, business men, gangsters , etc. I can see it. Yes, pleaaaase.:D

• Like 3
  • Love 4

2 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Hahaha, ma friend, you seem to have a thing for dramas that are set up to end tragically lol. At this rate, I’ll applaud the writer if she can pull off the Hong sister’s ending. While watching HDL, I was doubtful they were going to give us a sad ending. So when it came, it left me so shocked but satisfied because it was the most appropriate way to end. I like a writer who’s risky and gives the ending that makes the most sense. I don’t want a happy ending if it means we’ll be left with loose ends. I don’t mind a sad ending. Sometimes, it makes the drama more memorable. Maybe I am alone on this lol.

A big YES! But I can't help it. :lol:. I was even OK with the ending of Goblin although it hurt too much to see Eun Tak like that. I cried a lot for HDL's ending but I wouldn't have it any other way. The couple was given several chances/choices and what they decided together - I found that beautiful and beyond question. Mr Sunshine is another favorite but I didn't really fell for the love line (I liked it but not attached to it), so that hurt me less. 

BUT this time, I'm really hoping for a reasonable but clearly good ending. I'm setting myself up for heartbreak, no? :confounded:  

• Like 1
  • Love 4

With the latest spoiler and possible scenario that we speculated, I am seeing the hug at the end of episode 1 differently.

From the first time I saw it, it doesn't look like a nice-to-meet-you-I've-been-searching-for-you first time hug, but more of a gladness that "I'm-so-glad-to-see-you-again"

• Like 3
  • Love 9