[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

3 minutes ago, gwin said:

I don't get it.  Is it because you saw the photo of 

For me, yes, it’s a spoiler because I didn’t know that was going to happen. It’s sweet and cute so I wish I would have seen it for the first time when it actually happens in the drama. 

9 minutes ago, Jaja said:

First of all, sorry if my question is dumb I've not seen much time traveling stuff. 

So if it's Lee Gon from future, he's already alive then why he back in past to 'save' himself if he's already alive in future? I mean he must have already survived if he's alive. 

If his purpose to go to the past is to save his father, then he failed because he was late. Then why didn't he went there in advance? you know maybe one day earlier than the murder day. and maybe kill Lee Rim before he could kill his father? 

This is making me go insane. please someone help me and save me :sweatingbullets:

1) We don’t know why he went back yet. It could be because he went back to save himself, it could be to stop LR from ever crossing over to Korea, it could be to redo life so he can save someone else (not himself). The motive is still unclear and we will have to wait and see.

2) There must be some kind of rule in place that doesn’t allow him to travel back further. I believe it’s because he can only travel back to the time after the flute got split. That’s just a wild guess based on nothing though lol. But I’m hoping the writer will give an explanation when the time comes. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, gwin said:

I don't get it.  Is it because you saw the photo of 

Yup. I wish I did not click it. It makes me think of some scenarios and most of them are tragic. Out of the 253 pages here in the thread, of all the theories we came up with, we did not even once talk about THAT scenario. I honestly did not see it coming. 

Anyway, I hope whatever the reason of KES for that scene, I hope it will be justified and executed well. I just wonder if it was filmed recently or not. 

I agree @Heretorant, it feels different when you watch that scene on the actual episode without you having any idea that it's gonna happen. Lesson learned :bawling:

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

15 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

For me, yes, it’s a spoiler because I didn’t know that was going to happen. It’s sweet and cute so I wish I would have seen it for the first time when it actually happens in the drama. 

1) We don’t know why he went back yet. It could be because he went back to save himself, it could be to stop LR from ever crossing over to Korea, it could be to redo life so he can save someone else (not himself). The motive is still unclear and we will have to wait and see.

2) There must be some kind of rule in place that doesn’t allow him to travel back further. I believe it’s because he can only travel back to the time after the flute got split. That’s just a wild guess based on nothing though lol. But I’m hoping the writer will give an explanation when the time comes. 

Another possibility that never came up in our theories on this thread is the fact that he can also go to the future meaning He can see his life 50-70 years forward. Visit himself old and see his children from the future etc etc. 

I would like to see him take a journey to the future and meet a 90-years old Jung Tae-eul in a pension home. It would be such an emotional scene imagine your love interest who seem to have not aged a bit appears infront of you 60 years later while you are on your last days about to exit the world. I think that would be an emotional scene if it were ever to be created. 

This scene was also hell'va emotional. They say the apple dosen't fall far from the tree and for some men they love only once hence they become the apple and she becomes the tree. They will never fall far off. 

@mamabear

I agree that is the only theory that we never mentioned in here hahaha. It was hell'va surprise seeing it unfold

• Like 4
  • Love 2

7 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

I would like to see him take a journey to the future and meet a 90-years old Jung Tae-eul in a pension home. It would be such an emotional scene imagine your love interest who seem to have not aged a bit appears infront of you 60 years later while you are on your last days about to exit the world. I think that would be an emotional scene if it were ever to be created. 

Like Captain America visiting Peggy :)

The second spoiler didn't surprise me.  I always thought the person saves young Lee Gon because something happens in the future, and the possibility that 

Spoiler

JTE dies is one of the more common theories.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, mamabear said:
1 hour ago, gwin said:

The savior is wearing a black cap.  In the photos uploaded, 

Hide contents

LMH is holding a black cap.

I couldn't see it to check anymore :( Anyway, then this means if the spoiler is correct, then we know who is the savior. Then I agree with you, we just need to know how he did it. I also want to know if there's indeed just 1 savior, or 2 just like what other people here think. 

I have always theorized that there are AT LEAST TWO SAVIORS.  Reposting previous entry on this  --

I saw an IG post re the possibility of having two sets of shoes during the palace murder. So, I re-checked epi 1 and definitely saw two different shoes!

A – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1z1yORfxb3y8Fk7nN0T2OHpB3d3A1gFsF/view
B – https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NLPaJDgZfUzKhP7440dlIN1vPRUWns7i/view

But previous to this, I have been bugged by this scene. Specifically, the LULL in the entry of the “saviour/s”. Take note that all timestamps I will indicate are based on the Netflix version

1. At counter 9.29 – “A” enters the hallway, takes a gun from one of the killed guards then the next thing we see is LR strangling young LG,

2. Then at 10. 46 – a loud bang like a gun, then glass dome above shatters, prompting the traitor-guards to aim at the dome ceiling.

3. At 11:05 – masked saviour – could be “A” or “B” – enters the room and more firefighting ensues

4. At 12:20. – “B” enters or re-enters the room firing away at the remaining traitors. He reaches young LG to check his pulse and this is where young LG got the ID.

Based on the figure & silhouette, one is definitely male, bearing LMH’s City Hunter look, which makes the popular guess for the saviour to be the adult LG.

But IF the two different set of shoes is not a wardrobe goof, is it possible that “A” created a diversion by shattering the glass dome so that “B” could have a better chance of fighting the rest of the guards? Otherwise I cannot understand why it would take “A” that long to start fighting off the guards upon his entrance..

Could the masked saviour/s be actually a pair —

LG & JY?
LG & TE?
LG & SJ?
SJ & JY?
JY & TE?

Or even 3 pax? Hmmmmmmmm…..

So aside from the shoes, we need to look at the timing to make sense of the saviour theory.

27 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

He can only go back AFTER THE FLUTE was broken in two.  Sadly his father was killed before that happened.

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, Heretorant said:

Thank you for answering.I was confused because we keep using the term savior lol

I remember the drama's premise "Devil opened the door to parallel world and the king is trying to close the door".. so yeah someone close to him likely gonna die and he will travel back to stop Lee Rim from opening the door and change the future. 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, gwin said:

Like Captain America visiting Peggy :)

The second spoiler didn't surprise me.  I always thought the person saves young Lee Gon because something happens in the future, and the possibility that 

Hide contents

JTE dies is one of the more common theories.

Didn't captain America travel back to the past to be with Peggy but he didn't go to the future. Captain America got back his life by going back to the 40s.. But I was refering to Lee Gon going to the future instead seeing his older self and how his life will unfold 

• Like 1

After all the tension about spoilers, perhaps we should divert our attention to other aspects of the drama.  For example, what do you think of LR's rule about killing the doppelgangers?

It is not enough that the doppelgangers are killed. The ACTUAL doppelganger should kill his/her counterpart. Why? Isn't that intriguing?

LR was very specific on this with the pregnant woman and in that scene with the chaebol father & son. LR's sidekick already stabbed the Korea chaebol son. But the Corea doppelganger had to finish him off. WHY?

Can you imagine the case with the pregnant woman? She will not only kill the rich pregnant socialite in Korea. She will also murder the unborn child. CHILLS.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

3 minutes ago, Joanna Alfson said:

Didn't captain America travel back to the past to be with Peggy but he didn't go to the future. Captain America got back his life by going back to the 40s.. But I was refering to Lee Gon going to the future instead seeing his older self and how his life will unfold 

I was referring to the earlier scene in one of the Captain America movies where Steve Rogers visited a very old Peggy on her deathbed.  Because he was frozen for quite some time and didn't age, while Peggy aged.

Captain America didn't time travel in the earlier films, but he remained young because he was frozen, while his love aged naturally.

I made reference to this because you mentioned the possibility that LG will travel in the future to see a 90-year old JTE in the pension home.  I was pointing out the similarity to that particular scene in one of the Captain America films.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, gwin said:

I was referring to the earlier scene in one of the Captain America movies where Steve Rogers visited a very old Peggy on her deathbed.  Because he was frozen for quite some time and didn't age, while Peggy aged.

Captain America didn't time travel in the earlier films, but he remained young because he was frozen, while his love aged naturally.

Oh.. That is actully true he was frozen for something like 70yrs. If that is the case than we are talking about the same thing. I hope they end up together so that it won't become a surprise to her or they could end up and he dies before her like say 10yrs at the age of 65 and she dies at 75 but he appears to her in that year out of the blue from his past self who is still alive. '

By the way did you watch ''The time machine''

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

The ACTUAL doppelganger should kill his/her counterpart. Why? Isn't that intriguing?

We are not sure about this yet. So far, amongst all the doppelgangers that have been killed, only LR and the chaebol son doppelganger killed their counterparts.

We are not sure if Lee Sang-Do was actually the one who killed his doppelganger, even the pregnant woman, we are not sure yet if she'll be killed by her doppelganger. I guess it is too early to tell that LR has a specific rule about it?

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, mamabear said:

We are not sure if Lee Sang-Do was actually the one who killed his doppelganger, even the pregnant woman, we are not sure yet if she'll be killed by her doppelganger. I guess it is too early to tell that LR has a specific rule about it?

LR specifically told the pregnant woman that she had to kill her Korean counterpart. It was a condition.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

Has it been theorized why Nari and her counterpart seem like exceptions? She's rich in both universes. Maybe nothing deep to it, just her luck?

Both worlds are somewhat like a Equlibrium Some are at the very end (High and Low status) some are at the middle , both Naeri and Seung-Ah are on the mid level in both the worlds.

Just like the Senior Cop Detective from JTE's team in ROk and KOC are at almost same level.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

21 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

LR specifically told the pregnant woman that she had to kill her Korean counterpart. It was a condition.

I had to watch that part again to confirm it, and yes he did say that she had to kill her counterpart. If that's the case then Lee Sang Do killed his Corean counterpart too. Hmmm, interesting.

I am not sure though why this is his rule.  Don't know if something was mentioned about this in the past episodes. If there is none, then I hope we'd learn the answer to this in the next episodes. 

• Like 3

Oh... what spoiler???? I missed it! :lol: It was deleted already :phew: I don't mind to be spoiled. I've been spoiled myself quite a lot for several previous dramas but the actual episodes sometimes could be a bit different so I'm not that worried. So anyone who still have it pm me please. I'm dying to know what confirmation you've been told, :lol: or at least just tell me the hint of what you're all talking about? Was the savior identity finally revealed?? Who, is he LG, JTE , Luna or SJ?? Or Young???

I agreed that the fans who took the pics shouldn't spread it before it airs actually. But as I know the drama staff team usually told them to keep it and not to leak it. It reminds me of High Kick 3, when the real mystery of the drama leak to the public before the episodes airs. That ruined the fun somehow. Because the great question to this is who is the savior. 

• Like 6