[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

@vangsweetie637.... hmm.. can i not vote coz i didnt burn my brain cells to find out who help young Lee Gon (ie, i didnt think much of it or create theories because of it:D:lol:, as many here did... im too old i guess, :D)

im just enjoying the drama as it is and expect it to surprise me at the end... :D:lol:

But i looked forward to those signs of no.1 and 2:D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, wenchanteur said:

Enlarging a very small filmed image and trying to look in the blur if the character blinks is really an exhilarating way to start the day!

:grimace:

I've made a more elaborate recap of this situation here than I had before:
Ep 13 cliffhanger timestop theory

When Tea Eul blinks, which mirror shot is it in?
Because indeed, she blinks in the first shoot (before "point A").
But did you manage to see a blink in the two others ?
Damn, I tried to replay the scene and check, but I need glasses for sure.

I know. It is indeed iinfinitesimal.  Apart from the blinking, the huge part is when she moved.  I hope this helps

BTW, I replied to you over at BOD re this one as well. But you may have missed it cos comments there has a tendency to be burried unless you really go through ALL posts.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys. Since a poll started, we can decide on a punishment. 

1. we can take the suggestion of @Lmangla and post up a picture/change DP to Maximus(winner) or a horseshoe(loser).

2. we can post a picture/change our DP to OTP (winner) and a picture/DP of LR (loser)

3. We can post a picture/change our DP of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

I still haven't got the time to catch up on post...

But I've taken a poll without knowing the punishment.. :joy:

So I'll go with punishment number 2.

At least if I win, I don't have to do anything to my DP.

If I lose. God bless me.

:sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, wenchanteur said:

Huh?

Who is KSC ? :huh:

I also Want to KNOW THAT!!

4 hours ago, gwin said:

If we are talking about unnecessary characters, unless they do something in the next few episodes that greatly impacts the plot, there are my personal rankings of the most unnecessary (please don't be offended, if you're a fan of any of these characters):

1.   Jangmi

2.   Nari and her doppelganger

3.   Ji-Hun's mom

4.   the PM

#2 is the Prof Trelawney to LG's HP , Both Nari-SA prophesies.

#3 Ji-Hun's mom knows something, UBER IMP to plot I don't think so, But she IS AWARE of some KEy point that can be shown within 5 mn I think.

Rest I don't know, they are fillers. 

2 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys. Since a poll started, we can decide on a punishment. 

1. we can take the suggestion of @Lmangla and post up a picture/change DP to Maximus(winner) or a horseshoe(loser).

2. we can post a picture/change our DP to OTP (winner) and a picture/DP of LR (loser)

3. We can post a picture/change our DP of a good guy (any good guy for the winners) and picture/dp of a baddie (any baddie for the losers). 

**as soon as we know the results, we should go through with the punishment until the drama completely ends. And if the results is not shown until the last episode, the punishment carries on for at least 3 days :D

thank You @vangsweetie637 and @Lmangla for the Poll. Dang IT I gave the idea, I keep on swinging between 2 choices. For the Love of my OG brotherhood and WDH, I choose JY-LG, now I see SJ in similar costume to savior in spoilers :bawling:

I will go with option 3. Only Posting A PIC in one thread may lead to a hit and miss due to Backtracking track records that we do. (#FindingHotLR pic as a Precaution B))

@mychoiyoung Considering that time is stopping by 1 hour and 44 minutes by this time (22nd instance by this epi if am not mistaken),  I cannot reconcile the seemingly short times Luna seemed to be not moving.  If it took that long, then LG could have died from poisoning already.  I think she was not moving cos she was fixated on the thrill of what's about to happen & just waiting for LG to collapse.

21st I think already happened (Considering LG had it highlighted on board as number 73's square=5329 in KOC before he /JTE and ES went back to ROK),

22nd and 23rd TRIP happens when LG went with JTE / ES To ROK and LR went to KOC when he had the epiphany (and if we are in  linear Timeline)

Technically If there is one more TIME FREEZE when LUNA is with LG in hotel room having epiphany it should be after LR 's visit to KOC this time wherein both LG and LR are having epiphany(Note scene, no one is near to LR in KOC but Lights are moving when LR is looking at LG's POSTER)-->> This is the 24th One., not possible since on screen we see both LR and LG at opposite ends already have crossed the portal and things in KOC are moving.

But If it is not a Parallel scene then We should have see LR already crossed >>So LUNA meeting LG happened while LR crossed first, when LR had the epiphany .......>>>>LG already has fainted  and IF LUNA is still there.....This is the 23rd one.

23rd Trip--->Prime Number --->>83--->>Time Stopped 83*83=6889 seconds=Around 1 Hour 50 Minutes time should have stopped on 23rd Trip.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Dramafreak said:
8 hours ago, syntyche said:

Stills of "desperate pleas" were unveiled in which Kim Go-eun and Kim Kyung-nam fiercely confront each other with intense emotions

Wild theory:

JTE is requesting SJ to go to Corea? Play double agent?

Read the long write up-- it has to do with SJ's meeting with LR.

JTE's request has to be about protecting LG (??)

The producers did call SJ as the "secret weapon" of the story.  So he will probably infiltrate LR's ops... How come I have a feeling SJ will die?

• Like 7
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

I know. It is indeed iinfinitesimal.  Apart from the blinking, the huge part is when she moved.  I hope this helps

BTW, I replied to you over at BOD re this one as well. But you may have missed it cos comments there has a tendency to be burried unless you really go through ALL posts.

May... Maybe the actress just has a speck of dust in her eye?
Huh?

:cold_sweat:

Is that so? I remember reading back from you, but I don't remember you ever mentioning that blink.

Or was it in another answer?

Mmm, I've been careful, she only moves before "Point A" and after "Point B".
Refer to my previous description.

Otherwise, I don't know how you manage to post this on youtube.
My VoD with sound editing was automatically rejected because of "Netflix copyright".

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, madmad min said:

21st I think already happened (Considering LG had it highlighted on board as number 73's square=5329 in KOC before he /JTE and ES went back to ROK),

22nd and 23rd TRIP happens when LG went with JTE / ES To ROK and LR went to KOC when he had the epiphany (and if we are in  linear Timeline)

Technically If there is one more TIME FREEZE when LUNA is with LG in hotel room having epiphany it should be after LR 's visit to KOC this time wherein both LG and LR are having epiphany(Note scene, no one is near to LR in KOC but Lights are moving when LR is looking at LG's POSTER)-->> This is the 24th One., not possible since on screen we see both LR and LG at opposite ends already have crossed the portal and things in KOC are moving.

But If it is not a Parallel scene then We should have see LR already crossed >>So LUNA meeting LG happened while LR crossed first, when LR had the epiphany .......>>>>LG already has fainted  and IF LUNA is still there.....This is the 23rd one.

23rd Trip--->Prime Number --->>83--->>Time Stopped 83*83=6889 seconds=Around 1 Hours 50 Minutes time should have stopped on 23rd Trip.

The Table of Primes (I left it in class 5th and here I am again)

time-freeze.png

• Like 3
  • Insightful 4

28 minutes ago, madmad min said:

23rd Trip--->Prime Number --->>83--->>Time Stopped 83*83=6889 seconds=Around 1 Hour 50 Minutes time should have stopped on 23rd Trip.

You didnt take into account whole situation. (reversal rule !!! ah ah)

Recap:

Lee Gon spend the time in time stop after he staggers (but does not fall).

We don't see this.

After, timestop end, there is a clear cut when he fall in front of Luna.

And Lee Lim speech is not real time (so you don't see the timestop trick coming).

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Lee Gon spend the time in time stop after he staggers (but does not fall).

We don't see this.

After, timestop end, there is a clear cut when he fall in front of Luna.

That is what I am saying, either LR had to cross back from the PORTAL, LR's scene had the lights moving, THE lights should have stopped as well while he was viewing the POSTER. LR does not stop, but animate inanimate object except him and LG do stop.

Opening of one portal gate does not lead to time freeze but crossing back to other end does, as per me. I will still count it at 23rd not 24th, unless I see another scene of LR having epiphany and going back to ROK.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, madmad min said:

That is what I am saying, either LR had to cross back from the PORTAL, LR's scene had the lights moving, THE lights should have stopped as well while he was viewing the POSTER. LR does not stop, but animate inanimate object except him and LG do stop.

Opening of one portal gate does not lead to time freeze but crossing back to other end does, as per me. I will still count it at 23rd not 24th, unless I see another scene of LR having epiphany and going back to ROK.

Lee Lim is not in QOK now during the scene. He's in the future.

We don't see him when he cross the portal Point A, after he come back to present time.

(I writed all in my description).

:)

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, wenchanteur said:

Lee Lim is not in QOK now during the scene. He's in the future.

We don't see him when he cross the portal Point A, after he come back to present time.

(I writed all in my description).

:)

I will give you that :D. If not LINEAR Timeline also leaves it to open speculation. Let's wait till Friyay :D

• LOL 2

14 hours ago, JMarei said:

:joy:

goodnite:naughty:

:sweat_smile:

==========

Catching up in process..

I saw this post and the last picture..

Spoiler

11cm65fdkgb3.png

Took from @JMarei

And then not knowing what to look at...

Spoiler

I look at the left side and saw

Living the Bondage Breaking Free

And I think to myself.  

Spoiler

Naughty @JMarei

tenor.gif?itemid=16558173

And then I look to the right....

Spoiler

tenor.gif?itemid=4410280

I should look at the RIGHT right?

On the TOP SHOW.. not MOVIE?

:joy:

I neeeeeed a blessing to my eyes now.

LOL

• Like 1
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1

12 hours ago, Phoenix88 said:

Where is Jung Tae Eul???

The king is IMPATIENT Ready to be INCONSIDERATE!

Bless your heart if ever we get to have one of this on the last 3 episodes. I am ready to throw the towel!

Reveal hidden contents

Look like JTE is already here.

Doggy style... :smirk:

1 hour ago, mychoiyoung said:

The producers did call SJ as the "secret weapon" of the story.  So he will probably infiltrate LR's ops... How come I have a feeling SJ will die?

I bet on "secret weapon of Lee Lim".

PLOT TWWWWWWIST !!! :dizzy:

+ SJ/Luna love story.

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • LOL 2

4 hours ago, vangsweetie637 said:

Alright guys! I got the poll started for us! Everyone, let’s cast a vote! We don’t have much time since our countdown is done next week. We only have until this Friday to vote because we don’t know which episode the truth will be revealed to us!

what do you guys think about the suggestion for the ones who guess wrong? 

We can come up with other ideas too. I have a few. But give me a moment to put it together lol. 

I'm voting for  LG + SJ 

And I like the 2nd punishment + writing I'm a loser at the end of the post

But I'm really hoping I wont have to change my DP :grimace:

Keeping my fingers crossed :wink:

• Like 6