[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Just now, Heretorant said:

Chingu, I feel like we might get what we asked for.

They’re teasing each other like crazy. She’s asking for it! 

JTE: “You ditched me even when we were alone at your palace”
LG: “Then you should have asked me to stay. I was being considerate of you. Next time, I won’t be so considerate.”

Yes, your majesty, we are all waiting for you to not be considerate. 

:lol:

And if we don’t get it, like I said, I’m suing! 

I really hope soo....

For the First time I want Lee Gon to not be considerate. He has been gentlemen this whole time and super considerate. So they have my blessing to be inconsiderate and scandalous all they want. 

Yup, KES better not tease for nothing.

• Like 4
  • Naughty 7
  • LOL 2

I want to question why Lee RIm didn't guard/try to kill Tae Eul himself if he knew she's that important. Or why Lee Gon was so dramatic in the end instead of just getting straight to Tae Eul, but I'm afraid I don't really care about all that. I'm just loving all of it! :lol:

• Like 6
  • LOL 4

18 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

omg this brings me back to goblin and the truck of doom that people were talking about in the soompi thread hhhghghh

KES really does love trucks of doom heading towards KGE huh 

Ok about this ep... This was soooo amazing I... hsdhfhdf honestly not going to complain a single bit about next episode I know it's going to be amazing! This episode just blew me away, made the 70 minutes feel like just 10 (as someone said earlier)

Also for all of you who wanted a bed scene I think this is the closest we can get to it but I'll take it! HAHA

I still demand for a better bed scene. That kiss scene at end of ep10 was more scandalous than this? :sweat_smile:

• Like 4
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

What do the article says? It’s not translated in Netflix. Why do I get the feeling the PM is an ally of LL now and she is in ROK. She seemed nervous when meeting JTE. And she is gone in KoC. And god, I hte that she laugh while LG is mourning his uncle. Ok PM, wtf? So heartless. I thought she was simple ambitious before, now she is heartless!

and OMG the crying scene of Lee Gon. Finally, the King showing emotions. And speaking of LG, how did Lg know while in the bookstore that JTE needed saving? 

And he said Prince B knows he will check the daily record so how did Prince B lead LG to the bookstore. And the driver is dead for all his loyalty to LL, the original henchman was still chosen and they were interchanged hahaha

• Like 9

15 minutes ago, blobbityblobbityblob said:

Yes, I absolutely agree with you! That's a very nice touch to this, and doesn't just make us feel one emotion at once, but rather just building slowly on that worry/sadness in our minds/hearts(?) while keeping that happy feeling there, and I think that's one of a heck of a script!
+ appreciation for production crew + actors :) Really loving the way they are executing this love story between JTE and LG. Conventional in some ways, but really if you look at it, much more nuanced and unconventional than one might think! Kudos to all!! 

That is TRUE LOVE. Period :heart:

• Like 8
  • Love 1

9 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

I want to question why Lee RIm didn't guard/try to kill Tae Eul himself if he knew she's that important. Or why Lee Gon was so dramatic in the end instead of just getting straight to Tae Eul, but I'm afraid I don't really care about all that. I'm just loving all of it! :lol:

I think I read the subtitles that he wanted to exchange her for something he wants.

I can always do a re watch.

I'm not complaining! :phew:

1 hour ago, Elnin Joery said:

Woow thats interestng did she further elaborate on that 

I'm sorry. Have I replied? Or has anyone replied this for me?

I was too hyped earlier.

She didn't elaborate!!

My goodness.

I was waiting for it and all she said was a voice over that he is from another time and I think she said about being dumped? Lol.

I really need a rewatch again! 

• Like 5
  • LOL 4

6 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

What do the article says? It’s not translated in Netflix. Why do I get the feeling the PM is an ally of LL now and she is in ROK. She seemed nervous when meeting JTE. And she is gone in KoC.

Well KOC Koo vanished after she released some article (whoch Netflix did not translate) and Miss EUN from Korea wearing Se-Ri's jacket at Nari's alley just accidently met JY.

PM Koo I don't wanna know who and where are you. Please go and wear your own two shoe . :( We are at episode 11 and still why do we need her to capture 10 min of every episode ----I am at a loss here. Unless Koo thinks of her countrymen before Ruling the Country ie.

@mrsj3n and @Lisa_BB LR did not kill JTE because he wanted to capture her, and threaten LG to return the half of Flute in her exchange.

• Like 9

1 minute ago, mrsj3n said:

I think I read the subtitles that he wanted to exchange her for something he wants.

I can always do a re watch.

I'm not complaining! :phew:

Yeah, he knew she's that important to Gon. I think I missed it when he knew though, or if it was just implied that he knew because the ID came from a woman who was the King's visitor once in the Palace. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Lisa_BB said:

Yeah, he knew she's that important to Gon. I think I missed it when he knew though, or if it was just implied that he knew because the ID came from a woman who was the King's visitor once in the Palace. 

I will take it that he already has all the Intel on JTE and how important she is to LG hence he made the move to approach Luna to switch so that there will be "no suspicions" on the disappearance of the real JTE.

*snort* like anyone will not notice they are not the same person.

What a gullible move on that for LR!

Thumbs down Evil Uncle.

THUMBS DOWN!

tenor.gif

• Like 5
  • LOL 8

Lee Gon discovering time will stop forever one day...

This drama is MIND BLOWING at its best! 

This discovery means we cannot have an ending where JTE can travel between worlds. And to restore balance means everyone should return to their place so she can’t possibly move her and her father over to Corea right? And yet, the gates have to be closed so no one crosses over anymore. How will they have a happy ending?

Time to rewrite theories :lol:

In my opinion, “JTE have been switched and is originally from Corea” is a cheap way of solving the issue. I don’t like it. 

• Like 11

16 minutes ago, Lisa_BB said:

I want to question why Lee RIm didn't guard/try to kill Tae Eul himself if he knew she's that important.

Cos his final agenda is to exchange TE for the other half of the flute.  We have to remember, that possessing the whole flute is LR's be-all and end-all. 

But when TE escaped, he back-tracked r& ealized that dead or alive, he can still bargain with LG for the flute. 

• Like 15

6 hours ago, Lisa_BB said:

There's so many people guarding her they just under estimated her capability. He didn't kill her because he said he will be using JTE might be in exchange of the flute in LG's possession.

• Like 11

So in the preview, we see the PM driving a red car followed by a white car

In previous spoilers, I had seen the following image below. I'm guessing this is from that scene thats going to be in ep12. Can anyone identify the person the PM is talking to? Is it JY or LR??

rWrr5m3.png

--------------------------------------------------------------

12 minutes ago, madmad min said:

Yoyo Kid is FATE/Deity spanning the fate/thread , but right now there are some steps made (LUNA switched to other side) which are hindering her restoration. She thus intervenes to release JTE so she can be a major player as well. My 2 cents FATE never expected LUNA to switch the sides, thus the disbelief and revelation.

@SweetButters humble request please place your fonts a lil bit smaller, it's hard to scroll page. Just a suggestion :)

Fanfiction Assumption >>>>Besides that maybe LeeEul already did the deed I think in ROK , ( she fainted can be due to xyz reasons but I am not sure, why did she faint?something could have been mixed in her food or something whateves), looking at some spoilers they do get engaged or married and LG was wearing the Blue Collar Coat in episode 1 and 10 because it was their wedding ceremony or something like that maybe when he had to CROSS time. Thus he never was able to say Saranghe (Cue this can be pure fan-fiction or a possibility :D)

Also point 4...I think LG has realized like you said. The Future LG is already in a timeloop limbo while actual timeline LG is slashing the tyrants!!.

@madmad min oops sorry ! Ill make it smaller lol 

awww love your fanfic !! It definitely could happen :heart:! Me and some others have already written a bunch of ending fanfics too haha how our imagination is growing !!

The big question is that I have is how to get "time" to resume? Since in "Alice in Wonderland", the only way for "time" to resume is to get the Mad Hatter and Time (as in the person) to make up (since it was the fight between Mad Hatter and Time that lead the tea party to be "frozen" in time). In TKEM, I still don't know whether KES is portraying "time" as a "person" or as an "it". I have some suspicion that maybe KES is portraying time as an "it". Maybe thats the connection with the red balloons to the story...like how red balloons are in the movie "It". Probably sounds like a bunch of nonsense or crazy, but who knows lol. Maybe "time" can be both a person and an "it" lol. 

• Like 10
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 1

this might be a silly question but can anyone tell me how does Lee Gon address Tae Eul? Netflix just subs it as "Hey." but i doubt someone like Lee Gon would address the love of his life like this.

• Like 5
  • LOL 2

Why do I get the feeling tht with all the killing that LG is doing the people of Korea will hate him. I mean PM is slowly poisoning his image with those articles and add to the fact the rescue in broad nightlight and the bookstore. What if KoC will stop seeing LG as beloved king and instead see him as a tyrant? I mean looks like the people did not agree with the beheading and  think he was just being ruthless. :cry:

• Like 3
  • Sad 1
  • Insightful 5

9 hours ago, mrsj3n said:

Wow..

Goosebumps..

JTE said LG is from a different time......

Wow.....

I just watched with the sub,omg she also realized:tears:

d5f0OYO.png

5dj0haa.png

yes,teach him please,becoz it is not fair!:sweatingbullets:

• Like 3
  • LOL 12

6 minutes ago, Jad068 said:

Why do I get the feeling tht with all the killing that LG is doing the people of Korea will hate him. I mean PM is slowly poisoning his image with those articles and add to the fact the rescue in broad nightlight and the bookstore. What if KoC will stop seeing LG as beloved king and instead see him as a tyrant? I mean looks like the people did not agree with the beheading and  think he was just being ruthless. :cry:

Ending Fanfiction Theory.

1. Lady Noh dies (why oh why), so does JY (why o why)

2. Doors closed, balance restored.

3. I DO NOT CARE ABOUT PM KOO, like again Why are you there ??

4. LG , ES and others live in Korea.-ROK. So only LG is the crossed over Human no one else.

5. Se-Jin gets the throne in Corea. Prince Buyeong's daughter, next in line.

Bitter-Sweet Fanfic Ending. 

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, mychoiyoung said:

Cos his final agenda is to exchange TE for the other half of the flute.  We have to remember, that possessing the whole flute is LR's be-all and end-all. 

But when TE escaped, he back-tracked r& ealized that dead or alive, he can still bargain with LG for the flute. 

I got the same impression that he wants to exchange TE for the other half of the flute. LG will do come for TE no matter and LR realized this. 

@Heretorant when LG said that one day, his and TE’s world will stop forever, I was nervous for that split second. Now, we know there can be an ending where they may not get to be together. And this may be why LG is frozen in time. Two world has stopped. But what I don’t want (and please no) is that if doppelgänger LG is alive somewhere, this will be the LG that TE gets to have (considering both are from ROK). It will be too late to bring in doppelgänger LG now. Like, please no more doppelgängers. We already have way too much and starting to lose count lol. 

edit:

@SweetButters it seems like PM is talking to JY. Or doppelgänger PM. I don’t know anymore. But looks like it’s JY talking to her. Also, there was also another phrase TE used in this episode from Alice in Wonderland. When she and SJ talked outside of the hospital and TE said that “ I was told by someone that we will arrive somewhere if we keep going, if we walk far enough, that is.” She then tells SJ that Alice in Wonderland is that someone when he asks who is it. Now, i am not familiar with Alice in Wonderland so do you know who spoke of these lines in that book? 

• Like 13