[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

6 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

Sigh ... but our BELOVED OTP still look SO SO GORGEOUS together - REALLY MISS them for this episode ... and hope the kiss is not just gonna be a little peck - can be short but PASSIONATE!! Please do NOT waste our leading couple’s KISSING SKILLS!! 

I am sooooo with you here! Hahaha not a peck, please!!

If I may just say, KGE totally transformed into Luna! Daebak! There was not a single trace of JTE in Luna's scene. Good job KGE! Her acting is really impressive! 

@Guyangi_Dalpeongi can that scene be like a peck first then a passionate one after that? I really really hope so! 

• Like 3
  • LOL 2

10 minutes ago, briseis said:

Lee Gon asks TE in the episode  9 preview: Could you live with me in my world?

If he was asking me, it’s a YES! 

Take me! I volunteer! 

:lol:

—————————————

@Ameera Ali Can I be her in the hug? :lol:

• LOL 12

I have come to realize how blinded Lee Rim is. Yesterday, in my analysis I described him as a fundamentalist who saw in the Manpasikjeok a godly item and wanted to create a cult with this item in order to legitimate his installed theocratic monarchy. Yet, during his coup d'Etat, he used the Four Tiger Sword to kill his own brother. Striking is that with this weapon, Lee Gon was able to cut in half the flute that is supposed to be a godly weapon. With this gesture, it actually proves that first the flute has less power than the sword and as such has less value too. This explains why the Four Tiger Sword was kept close to the king and Lee Gon, while the flute is remained hidden. Nonetheless, Lee Rim is still determined to go after the other half of the flute, while he should have realized that he has been wrong about the flute. He hasn't realized that the sword is far more valuable than the flute that could be cut so easily, although it is supposed to be a godly item. He is truly blind and obsessed.

Furthermore, I have the feeling that the "temple" where the Manpasikjeok was placed was actually a place in order to contain its power. image-23.png?w=500If you look carefully at this picture, it was as if the flute was surrounded by a magical wall because of the way there are pillars all around the flute. It gives the beholder the feeling that these pillars are not there to protect the flute, rather to guard the flute.

And the pledge of the "Unbreakable Sword" is definitely connected to the Four Tiger Sword hence there is a clue that this sword can never break and can cut through many things, like space and time (Remember the words: sky and earth).  

@YongZura⁷ @Guyangi_Dalpeongi @ktcjdrama @Dramafreak

• Like 7
  • Insightful 11
  • Thanks 4

i wanna KES speed up the loveline for 2nd couple..their chemistry looks good. As for JTE and LG's romance well i'm a bit disappointed as i was waiting a whole week for this lol no probs next week they have to give us very deep kisses, both are good kissers don't waste it KES. 

• Like 9

Watching it currently.

Did JY just PULL a KIM Tan on Myeong Nari ? What ??? B):wub:

Spoiler

Capture.png

Dude !!!! Myeong Seungh-Ah is waiting for you in KOC and you fall for Na-ri No fair :crazy:, Now he is jealous of Eun-Soeb, they are same parallely different person. 

I mean why was it so difficult for both or maybe ALL the 3 Leading Men to stay put and Fall for women in KOC. Kinda funny still #exasperated. Someone will end up swapping places.

Also JY can even imitate people after meeting them for a day?

WDH bow down, awesome portrayal, and I love that now we can see JY showing some layers to his characters with more scenes and dialogues. 

LEEEUL Romance 

I for one do not mind the subtlety of their romance or JTE saying Love you to LG. This storyline does not need multiple skinship or too much kissing. One EPIC Deep kiss would do. This ain't in your face romance, more like Oops we are anyhow doomed but we still love each other romance.Nicely done scene.

SHIN-JAE Revelation.

I was dancing like Eun-Sop when atlast the Theories paid off, HE IS FROM KOC !!! He knows and listens to every word JTE says. Do-not give me second lead syndrome here please , already enough heartbreak is in store. 

LMH as LG

The thing is I am not sure but LMH modulated his voice tone here right? It has more Gravitas as King and the places where he has to act like he is suprised or ridiculed by JY's act, he does it with such umm Grace..." I am your KING"...Wow!!!

JTE calls out on LG being cheesy and self absorbed at places is Pure Gold, simply implying you may be the KING of Corea, I am still more sensible and can beat you when needed. :D

What is happening with Ji-Hun? His mother says the cover will be blown up while she follows SJ to Police station wondering if he is his friend?. She wants to kil herself LR doesn't want to let her, someone is in definite HIDING.Also if someone else can re-translate the scene with Ji-Hun's mom in car would be great.

The Yo-Yo guy as stated by someone earlier is GOD/Fate, ala Deok-HWA in Goblin. He will restore the balance and is foretelling something.

Q. Doctor Prince's family frame was re-focussed, who is the dopple-ganger to focus on here?

Q. PM's secretary the lady who got the newspaper today, does she have significance as well?

Q. LR how do you not age/ stop time and who will figure time reversal first. I am curious.

Q. Why is there no Review for episode 9? 

I am done for this part ...much excited to see next lot.

Edited by madmad min
Longer Review
  • Like 5
  • LOL 4

25 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Heretorant , @Guyangi_Dalpeongi why cry just join the hug :wub:

# Don’t worry , we got all the rest of our life for romance :D- now we dealing with what ever writer want :phew:

Chingu, I’m crying because I’m throwing a tantrum to see if Netflix will spit out the next episode :lol::lol::lol:

I can’t wait for next week! I need to watch episode 9 now! 

———————————————

On a serious note, we are caught up to date with filming starting next week. All the leaked photos and the long trailer will be shown in episode 9 and 10. That means they’re inching closer to filming in real-time.

There were leaked information about a potential happy ending BUT notice the ending has not been written? What can the potential happy ending mean? It’s either fake or possibly not the end. 

What if the wedding comes before a tragic ending? Or red wedding from game of thrones?

I think we all knew things were going to speed up with our OTP right? Episode 2, he asked her to marry him. I said then that it’s a record. Name another male lead who proposed in episode 2 lol. 

Episode 1 - Immediate hug upon first meeting

Episode 2 - Proposal

Episode 5 - Kiss

Episode 8 - Love confession 

Episode 10 - Wedding? :lol:

Look at our couple, taking the meaning of LTE speed to the next level. 

• Like 7
  • LOL 6

The history of LG and JTE is quite simple. They met, got to know each other, fell in love, probably get married.
What is happening around them, on the other hand, is extremely interesting and surprising.
The interactions between LG and JTE are nice interludes in the whole narrative. This couple is sweet so it is nice to look at them but the main story concerns many people.

My types:
- Luna will dedicate herself to saving the JTE (she has nothing to lose, she has three months to live with the cancer)
- SJ will save the young LG, earlier he had to meet/fight/ protect JTE - that is why he had her ID.

ps. The scale of corruption in both countries is staggering:
- in the kingdom, a manor employee can steal items that are guarded diligently
- in the republic an arrested prisoner is not properly protected

• Like 13

9 minutes ago, YongZura⁷ said:

@Ameera Ali are you hosting a virtual group hug?  This remind me of ES's scene.  :blush:

I would have provide a helping hand before we sink in our cry , put oppa got only 2 hand, we are here are hundred  :joy:

15890369221589036919.gif

• Like 1
  • LOL 7

waaa....there were scene in EP 07 &  EP08 give me a goosebumps...so mysterious and more intense!!!..how our couple future then..but the key focus on Shin Jae right now...Hwaiting everybody..now i'm return myself to a sloth landing on the sofa..dying on waiting for the next chapter..huhu..Can PD-nim make the next kissing scene a bit longer?Hihihihihi...It's worth to be patient and try to understand each pieces that missing like a puzzle..now it shows the connection....

• Like 4
  • Love 2

25 minutes ago, Guyangi_Dalpeongi said:

It looks like it’s just a peck ... we all need a LONGER KISS!!! This review is utterly frustrating... aaaarggghhh!! :weary:

I guess PD will pass quickly this kiss too( looks like wind) I don't hope more from PD :lol:

• Sad 2
  • LOL 1

28 minutes ago, bebebisous33 said:

And the pledge of the "Unbreakable Sword" is definitely connected to the Four Tiger Sword hence there is a clue that this sword can never break and can cut through many things, like space and time (Remember the words: sky and earth).  

So far we understood the power of the flute from what LR said at the beginning of the story and also the power of the sword during the conversation between the Young Prince with his late father.  I wonder don't they have information about both of the items in the form of writing?

But if they have the written material,  LG's late father would have known about it ...or maybe we're the one who just believe what LR said but the late King actually knew about it. That's why it was kept in that specific place.

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2