[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

11 minutes ago, syntyche said:

SBS Drama Official IG Update 022920

"Spring 2020, the Eun Sook Drama we've been waiting for is coming! April! SBS Friday lineup is crazy!" 

Thanks!  So it looks like it will definitely be following "Hyena" on April 17th!

• Like 4

MYM IG Update 022920

202002291328137376536_20200229140124_01_

" The King : Eternal Monarch " announced that the drama will premiere in April as a new SBS drama. As a result, it has been confirmed as a successor to the currently airing " Hyena."

Meanwhile, the first teaser for " The King : Eternal Monarch " was released on the 28th. The 30-second teaser also features Lee Min-ho, who says, " I'm the emperor of the Korean Empire and my name is Lee Gon. " An overwhelming display of aura.

Soon after the first teaser was released, ' The King : Eternal Monarch ' cheered many fans who had been waiting for the drama. Although the teaser was short, the interest in it was literally huge. Few dramas get this much response just from the teaser. It is a testament to the keen interest of " The King : Eternal Monarch".

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/112/0003273261

• Like 4

LMH's power in China within 23 hours on Weibo :

1) Hot search tag #李敏镐新剧预告# (The teaser of LMH's new drama) 0.23 billion views.

2) 5.45m views of account me2day's video.

3) 6.3m views of another media account's video.

ER8sInkUcAAmiaA?format=jpg&name=900x900

ER8sMt0U0AIPFuZ?format=jpg&name=medium

ER8sPa6UEAMCRAL?format=jpg&name=medium

cr.  金牛座的倔牛-

• Like 4

Now that we finally have a firm date, I can subscribe to Netflix!  How does Netflix work?  Is it subbed by the next day?  If I stop in the middle of the drama, will the place where I stopped be held or would I need to figure out where I left off?  will The King eventually be deleted?

• Like 3

3 hours ago, CarolynH said:

Now that we finally have a firm date, I can subscribe to Netflix!  How does Netflix work?  Is it subbed by the next day?  If I stop in the middle of the drama, will the place where I stopped be held or would I need to figure out where I left off?  will The King eventually be deleted?

The drama would air on Netflix few hours after its original air, South Korea time. Basically you enter your info and your payment info and you are set, they will automatically charge your card monthly. And yes, you can paused the show since it’s air few hours after it’s originally airing time. 

Idknif the king would be deleted or not, there shows that have come and go on Netflix, but it really depends, boys over flower has been on netflix for years now. Maybe depends on the popularity? And even if the king would be deleted from Netflix, I don’t see it happen after a a couple of years. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

“The King: Eternal Monarch” Starring Lee Min Ho & Kim Go Eun Secures Premiere Date

Wielding immense anticipation from K-Drama fans, The King: Eternal Monarch is finally set for a Spring airdate

Garnering raves after releasing its teaser video recently, the Kim Eun Sook drama hypes the excitement by slating its official broadcast schedule.

5a6b9f7c-a853-4b28-8123-8ed7565a48c2.jpg

On February 29, star writer Kim Eun Sook announced that the eagerly-awaited fantasy-romance drama will begin in April 2020. No specified date has been revealed yet.

Previously, SBS unveiled a teaser featuring Lee Min Ho to the delight of its anticipating fans. The quick video trailer introduces the character of the actor with a peerless gaze and enigmatic aura.

Powerhouse Cast & Creative Team

Reuniting with the esteemed writer, both lead stars of the series have worked with Kim Eun Sook before. Lee Min Ho starred in youth romance drama, The Inheritors. Meanwhile Kim Go Eun spreed to huge popularity with her remarkable portrayal in Goblin.

Notably, writer Kim has produced acclaimed and top-rating series including: Mr. Sunshine, A Gentleman’s Dignity, City Hall and Lovers in Paris.

Interestingly, Kim is also set to collaborate again with PD Baek Sang Hoon. They worked together in runaway hit romance series – Descendants of the Sun. Director Baek includes Love in the Moonlight, Who are You: School 2015 and Secret Love to his portfolio.

Billed to be one of the highly-anticipated dramas of 2020, The King: Eternal Monarch boasts an impressive cast lineup. Aside from its main leads, Woo Do Hwan (Tempted) and Jung Eun Chae (The Guest) are expected to provide vibrancy to the story through their characters.

Based on the initial story sketch, the series features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the main leads.

Set to play dual roles, Lee Min Ho suits up as Korean emperor. He is trying to close the dimension to ward off the villain intent to wreak havoc in the kingdom he leads. His other character in the parallel world struggles to protect the people he loves from the projected antagonist.

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by Kim Go Eun. She challenges contrasting characters in the two parallel words. In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-spring-premiere/

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, The.Lannister said:

Hi everyone! Just registered on Soompi though have been a silent reader for long.

A big LMH fan and waiting for his new drama to begin!!! So glad we at least have the release month finalized :D

Hello @The.Lannister, welcome to the thread! We all waited for LMH's drama for so long, and now we'll get to watch it NEXT MONTH! Cheers to more 'The King' updates in the coming weeks! :)

• Like 5

https://www.ibtimes.sg/lee-min-ho-starrer-drama-king-eternal-monarch-premiere-april-get-all-details-here-40243

Lee Min Ho starrer drama The King: Eternal Monarch to premiere in April; get all details here

Lee Min Ho will be returning to the small screen after four years with the new SBS drama, The King: Eternal Monarch, that is scheduled to premiere in April.

With little more than a month left for the premiere of Lee Min Ho's comeback drama The King: Eternal Monarch, SBS has released new details about the show – including the air dates and the first teaser. The historical fantasy thriller will probably air its first episode on April 18 and the story may begin with the introduction of King Lee Gon if the first glimpse video is to go by.

The 30-second-long clip introduces the lead protagonist to viewers. In the video, the character is featured addressing viewers through a voiceover as he says: "I am the emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name is Lee Gon." Though the teaser video shows only four shots of Lee Min Ho, his fans world-wide were really excited to see him back on screens after four years.

Immediately after watching the short clip, admirers of Lee Min Ho across the globe started flooding social media platforms with messages about his new project. The messages ranged from "Everyone! Make way for the king of kdramas, finally he is officially back" to "All Hail King Lee Gon! The Hallyu King is finally here to claim back his throne!"

Watch the teaser video below:

When will The King: Eternal Monarch premiere on SBS?

The broadcasting channel is yet to announce the air date for its upcoming historical fantasy thriller. But an industry insider stated that episode 1 is scheduled to air on SBS in April during the evening time slot of Friday-Saturday dramas. Currently, legal drama Hyena is airing in this time slot and the new drama will probably air a week after the finale of Hyena i.e., on April 18.

"The King: Eternal Monarch has confirmed its broadcast schedule for April, and will be officially folding into [preparations]. Please look forward the story about parallel worlds from Kim Eun Sook, how she will write the story in a new way, and how it breaks out of the boundaries of standard fantasy romances," a source told Soompi.

When and how to watch The King: Eternal Monarch?

Lee Min Ho

Facebook/Lee Min Ho

Korean drama lovers around the world might get a chance to watch the mini-series on TV by tuning in to SBS on Friday, April 18, at 10pm KST. People from various parts of the globe could also stream the show online for free through the official website of the broadcasting channel. Non-Korean speaking areas will have to wait a little longer to watch the show with English subtitles.

The King: Eternal Monarch is written by popular screenwriter Kim Eun Seok and directed by Baek Sang Hoon. It revolves around the life of Emperor Lee Gon and his relationship with detective Jung Tae Eul. Apart from Lee Min Ho, the romantic fantasy thriller features Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan in lead roles.

• Like 3

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/defrina-satiti/potret-lee-min-ho-di-teaser-drama-baru-the-king/full

Google translation :

The more charming, 10 Portraits of Lee Min Ho in The King's New Drama Teaser

Predicted to air next April!
maluv-55c834c3e804934d55d53da44493a3c3_6
Lee Min Ho became one of the most anticipated South Korean actors to comeback. Since leaving the military service in April 2019, Lee Min Ho has confirmed he will play in the drama  The King: Eternal Monarch  written by Kim Eun Seok.

He also had to undergo the process of filming with co-star like Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan a few moments ago. Recently, the SBS television channel has released Lee Min Ho's latest teaser drama. In fact, the teaser was trending you know.

1. In his latest drama, Lee Min Ho plays the emperor Lee Gon

Spoiler

1-cb6be1903b0c3f2f3084a481c452df06.jpg

2. Lee Min Ho appears to stand in a room predicted to be his throne as the king of modern Korea

2-aa4ef31a60ae79943bbd8a6397312d41.jpg

3. Gosh, his eyes are ready to bewitch the drama audience

3-06979e5dadd1be85fedc13c2ff734918.jpg

4. The King: Eternal Monarch tells the story of the emperor Lee Gon who seeks to close the door to a parallel world opened by demons released by gods to the human world

Spoiler

5-1c387f1545608f831d5d5eb7db124ca5.jpg

5. From his serious expression, Lee Min Ho will become a strict emperor. Already ready to have a beautiful king like this?

Spoiler

6-1646aeae76f1845ff54a4ba29e03bcb5.jpg

6. Lee Min Ho already looks dashing with modern king style clothing

Spoiler

7-af29b52c7ef34301b340176dab986048.jpg

7. " I am the king of the Kingdom of Korea. My name is Lee Gon ," said Lee Min Ho in a teaser that

Spoiler

8. Portraits of his shooting like a horse prince has been leaked on fan accounts since mid-November

Spoiler

kor-2-0923b534bfc6e362271df7d25b1097d3-0

9. Touted as a triple killer , this drama stars three small artists like Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Woo Do Hwan

Spoiler

lee1-97fbf7efb179cb53d74e7349356bcd45-c4

10. This is a small portrait when playing basketball in the stadium. Aww, this looks like a real basketball athlete!

Spoiler

83625977-1794244847376365-58224445314022

That's the 10 portraits of Lee Min Ho in his latest drama. This drama is scheduled to air in April.  Who can't wait to watch oppa handsome?

• Like 4

In the trailer, he said that the Korean Empire, not Joseon or Goryeo. It looks like it is based on modern day kingdom (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Or we don't know it yet, probably some mixed modern days with sageuk like LOTBS, MLFTS or even Goblin.

I'm just so excited anyway.

• Like 7

2 minutes ago, Eliza Marlowe said:

In the trailer, he said that the Korean Empire, not Joseon or Goryeo. It looks like it is based on modern day kingdom (correct me if I'm wrong). 

Or we don't know it yet, probably some mixed modern days with sageuk like LOTBS, MLFTS or even Goblin.

I'm just so excited anyway.

It will be a modern day Korea as an empire. I think that’s the alternate world. 

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

What do the mathematical equations on the chalkboard represent in the teaser?  I think, was it LMH, who described Lee Gon as a little weird?  

I remember reading somewhere that King Lee Gon is into mathematics. I guess such skill is useful in crossing the other world. His world, the Korean empire, is likely in the modern times, not the Joseon era, considering bts photos of him in an equestrian suit riding a white horse and also other photos of him rowing a boat. 

Official website of SBS' "The King"

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/about/63968

WE13484267_ori.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

So official SBS website shared by @syntychetranslated as follows. Haha the more I read the more confused I am ....which is good as I’m already super curious with how the story will unfold! 

Rough Google translate

https://m.programs.sbs.co.kr/drama/theking/about/63968

In the spring of 2020, the doors of the parallel world will open.
I feel like I've been there even though I'm new to me, or I'm sure it's my first time doing it. 
We call it 'deja-vu' and modern medicine sees 'deja vu' as a kind of 'perceptual disorder'. 
But if that's not the brain's illusion ...

“What if we had a glimpse of the secrets of the universe? 
What if that strange feeling was seeing another 'I' in a parallel world? ”
I think everyone should have done it.
I want to immigrate. I want to be born again. This Life Is richard simmons (??? ops that's how google translated the word)
Everyone should have eaten at least once.
I want to get a car like that. I want to live in that house once. I want to meet such chaebol parents. 
So someone whispers in your ear.

“If you could change you with 'I' in another world that is living a better life than 'I', would you change your life with him?”
Life i have. I have someone. I have love. It is a choice to abandon it all. 
Of course even myself. As you may have noticed, never ask me what happens in a parallel world that has changed with me.

"Deity has released the devil into the human world, and the devil has opened the door to the parallel world." What choice will you make now?
Explicit questions and evil answers. So the more fascinating drama 'The King-The Lord of Eternity' came to this world from a parallel world. The life of the emperor Igon and someone who tries to close the door of dimension. love. Trying to keep love. It is a romance fantasy drama that is unfolding from time to time with the cooperation of detective Jung Tae-ul.

• Like 5