[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Watch: Lee Min Ho Asks Kim Go Eun To Come To His World In “The King: Eternal Monarch” Teaser

Mar 11, 2020
by L. Kim
b7d1b9d801104db3b8e49db93312e6fd.jpeg?s=

SBS’s upcoming drama “The King: Eternal Monarch” has released an intriguing new teaser!

Written by Kim Eun Sook, “The King: Eternal Monarch” is about two parallel universes of a monarchy and a democracy. Lee Min Ho will play Emperor Lee Gon who tries to close the door between the two worlds, while Kim Go Eun will take on the role of detective Jung Tae Eul who works with the emperor to protect people’s lives.

The new teaser begins with Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun meeting in the middle of a brightly illuminated city. He is sitting on a gallant white horse as she gazes up at him from a safe distance. He suddenly charges over and pulls her into a tight embrace, causing her eyes to widen as her mouth opens in shock.

Her voiceover asks, “Did you really come from a different world?” The scene switches to Lee Min Ho riding his white horse through a mysterious forest where he vanishes through a lofty arch with his voiceover, “The reason I survived, is it here?”

Kim Go Eun then firmly states to Lee Min Ho, “You act like you know me, but I don’t know you,” while he mysteriously comments, “Just like how I’m not here, you weren’t in my world either.” Kim Go Eun does not seem easy to convince as she is someone “who still doesn’t believe the earth is round.”

The clip ends with Lee Min Ho saying, “Come with me to my world.”

“The King: Eternal Monarch” is set to premiere in April.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1387688wpp/watch-lee-min-ho-asks-kim-go-eun-to-come-to-his-world-in-the-king-eternal-monarch-teaser

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Teaser 2 with English subtitles

3 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Have you found there's a scar at Lee Gon's neck ?

Did he not only see his father's death but also almost die when he was eight ?  :bawling:

@gtLmh0622, in the teaser with English subtitles above, Lee Gon said, "...the reasons why I survived..."

Hmm...could he be referring to the time he survived his father's death?"

• Like 6

Such a majestic teaser with a majestic looking Lee Min Ho <3 My man looks so damn hot and his voice.... ahhh I missed him so much. He's the reason I started watching Korean dramas and visiting this forum so you can imagine my excitement lol

Btw this couple's chemistry is overflowing regardless of their short screen time. I'm sold!! It's gonna be a majestic ride this April and I'm hella excited

• Like 7

The second teaser of "The King-Eternal Monarch" is drawing attention.

SBS' new drama "The King-Eternal Monarch" (written by Kim Eun-seok, directed by Baek Sang-hoon and Jung Ji-hyun) released its second teaser on Wednesday.

"The King-Eternal Monarch" is a fantasy romance in which Lee Gon, the emperor of the Korean Empire, and Jeong Tae-eul, a Korean detective who tries to protect someone's life, people, and love, are drawn through collaboration across the two worlds.

In the teaser video released, Kim Go-eun asks Lee Min-ho, "Are you really from another world?"

Kim Go-eun then says, "You act like you know me, but I don't know you." Lee replies, "You weren't in my world if I wasn't here." Then he says, "Let's go together, to my world," raising curiosity about "The King-Eternal King."

It also boasts the best casting lineup, including Lee Min-ho, Kim Go-eun, Woo Do-hwan, Kim Kyung-nam, Jung Eun-chae and Lee Jung-jin, raising expectations for its first show.

http://theceluv.com/article.php?aid=1583923670312003006#_enliple

The second teaser of SBS' new Friday-to-Saturday drama "The King-Eternal Monarch," which has been receiving heated attention at home and abroad due to the meeting of star writer Kim Eun-sook and hallyu star Lee Min-ho, draws attention.

775246_1583927626.jpg

The meeting between Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, which was colored yellow and red and faced under a maple tree twinkling in the sun, was beautifully captured like a watercolor painting.

302322_1583927633.jpg

The narration, "I can't believe that the earth is still round," which comes with a cold voice, stimulates curiosity as to how the relationship between the two will unfold.

Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, who appeared on a white horse with the narration "really from a different world," look like a scene in a fairy tale.

832284_1583927645.jpg

The drama, which is being pre-recorded, is currently shooting scenes under tight external control, according to officials. The official explained in a meeting with reporters that there were parts to prevent Corona 19, but there were also earnest requests from actors and producers.

The drama is expected to hit its first broadcast early next month.

http://m.gamechosun.co.kr/news/view.php?no=163508

The second teaser of the SBS drama "The King: Eternal Monarch" has been released, making headlines.

SBS on Wednesday released a second teaser video of the "The King" featuring Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun.

It is a story that incorporates fantasy elements against the backdrop of the modern constitutional monarchy, the Republic of Korea, where the royal family of the Korean Empire survives. It has drawn attention even before it airs.

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/022/0003446249

• Like 6

The 'King' is back! Lee Min Hooooooooooooooooooo!!

The visual looks so beautiful already! Looking forward to see how the two will encounter each other and how their love story unfolds.

Kim Go Eun has such a natural beauty about her. She always look so youthful!

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

LMH IG Update

"The King" Teaser 1 ENG subs

Lee Min Ho Wants Kim Go Eun In His World In The 2nd Video Teaser Of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

Spoiler

PhotoGrid_1583936803052-660x400.jpg

THE KING: ETERNAL MONARCH FLASHES ITS MAIN LEADS IN ITS SCENIC SECOND VIDEO TRAILER

A surprise hug, a warm gaze and an invitation between Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun hint the hefty romance to expect in The King: Eternal Monarch.

Spoiler

20200311_214252.jpg

On March 11, SBS unveiled another video snippet of its highly-anticipated series. In the video, Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon is shown riding a white horse and disappearing in a forest.

Another scene shows him embracing Kim Go Eun’s character Jung Tae Eul, who was perplexed on the hug she received from the stranger.

The scene shifts to a beautiful Autumn picture. Lee gazes warmly at the sight of Kim fixing her hair. At the next scene, Lee Gon faces Tae Eul. “Come with me, to my world,” he says.

20200311_214312.jpg

Spoiler

20200311_223025-768x432.jpg

20200311_222209-768x428.jpg

20200311_222154-768x427.jpg

Based on the initial story sketch, the series features two settings following its parallel universe concept. It is also billed to showcase romantic moments for the main leads.

Aside from its lead pair, Woo Do Hwan (Tempted) and Jung Eun Chae (The Guest) are expected to provide vibrancy to the story through their characters.

Set to play two characters, Lee Min Ho suits up as Korean emperor who is trying to close the dimension to ward off the villain intent to wreak havoc in the kingdom he leads.

His other role in the parallel world struggles to protect the people he loves from the projected antagonist.

Following Lee Min Ho’s dual portrayal, the same challenge will be tackled by Kim Go Eun. She suits up for contrasting characters in the two parallel words.

In Korean empire she portrays criminal Luna. Meanwhile, in the Republic of Korea world, she is Jung Tae Eul, a detective who will team up with Lee Min Ho’s character Lee Gon.

Previously, SBS released its first teaser featuring Lee Min Ho. It has swept real-time search ranking. Just recently, the actor has shared it on social media.

Spoiler

20200311_215158-768x486.jpg

The King: Eternal Monarch will be broadcast in April.

https://www.hellokpop.com/kdrama/the-king-eternal-monarch-lee-min-ho-kim-go-eun-second-video-teaser/

• Like 5

On 3/6/2020 at 5:17 AM, snuggone said:

You know this has crossed my mind. What if Lee Gon does have another identity that gets revealed later on in the drama. That would be an interesting plot twist! 

On 3/9/2020 at 9:29 AM, snuggone said:

I don't see a yellow arrow indicating two roles so maybe no double role? But we'll see what Kim Eun-sook has up her sleeve for Lee Gon. :D 

10 hours ago, gtLmh0622 said:

Have you found there's a scar at Lee Gon's neck ?

Did he not only see his father's death but also almost die when he was eight:bawling:

On 3/6/2020 at 6:38 AM, syntyche said:

Seo Jeong Yeon will play Song Jung Hye, who has done any and every odd job and one day wakes up to find her entire family has changed

cebc26b3439f65410fe1a3dd02b6b3a4f1257654.jpg

cr. Soompi

It could be that there is only one role for LMH because his character in the other universe died.  :o  I would guess that Song Jung Hye is the murdered queen/his mom.  She was killed in the Empire, but is alive in the Republic.  Lee Gon is alive in the Empire, and maybe dead in the Republic.  Just a guess.

D-36!!!

• Like 4
  • Insightful 2
  • Thanks 1

In 2nd teaser,
Jung Tae Eul asked Lee Gon : "Are you really coming from another world ?"
And at the end, Lee Gon asked Tae Eul : "Come with me, to my world.”
I think Lee Gon can come and go between 2 worlds, that stone gate in the bamboo forest is the gate between 2 worlds.

The introduction of Jung Tae Eul, her first time meeting Lee Gon was at Gwanghwamun, she saw a man riding a white horse and thought he violated the traffic regulations. This lunatic man said he was an emperor.......but he is too handsome. 

So, Lee Gon did not change anything about himself when he went to another world.

• Like 6