[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

On 2/5/2020 at 10:09 AM, gtLmh0622 said:

https://m.blog.naver.com/sean4015/221794070844

"The King" in above list is scheduled to be aired in Apr. Hope it is true that we don't need to wait to July.  :)

Pleaseeee... i hope this is true!

it's getting hard to wait and how secretive the production has been, doesn't help the waiting :(. 

Everywhere i see, the don't have the exact release date, and sites that listed July 2020, also included "?", as in that date is not confirm.

However, looking at DOTS pre production timeline (They filmed from june 12 2015 - December 30th 2015) of 6, 5 months, July 2020 air date might seem more expected. Given that this is written by the same writer and is directed by the same Director.

I would take April release date tho.

I don't know how ya'll do it when He left for MS. It must have been hard. 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote pics! Thanks!
  • Like 5

Kwon Sang Woo Shows His Support For Woo Do Hwan And Lee Min Ho’s New Drama

0d22a768fd2b4b5083a47cfd044645ac.jpeg?s=

Woo Do Hwan thanked Kwon Sang Woo for his thoughtful gift!

On February 6, Woo Do Hwan shared photos of a coffee truck sent to the set of “The King: The Eternal Monarch” (literal title).

This drama has been making headlines since its development as it’s the latest drama penned by famous writer Kim Eun Sook, whose works include blockbusters such as “Heirs,” “Descendants of the Sun,” and “Goblin.” The drama features a star-studded cast including Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Jung Eun Chae, and Woo Do Hwan.

Woo Do Hwan added the caption, “Thank you” with heart-eye emojis. In the photos, he smiled next to a banner that said, “Wishing great success for ‘The King: The Eternal Monarch!’ From actor Kwon Sang Woo.” Another banner on top of the truck said, “I’m cheering on my younger friend Do Hwan, my neighbor Lee Min Ho, and all of the actors and staff of ‘The King.’ From actor Kwon Sang Woo.”

Woo Do Hwan and Kwon Sang Woo previously worked together in the November 2019 film “The Divine Move 2: The Wrathful.”

Woo Do Hwan is currently filming “The King” which tells the story of two parallel universes — one universe resembling modern-day Korea and the other where Korea is an empire ruled by a monarch. In order to fight evil and close the door between the two worlds, the ruler of the Korean Empire must join forces with a detective who lives in modern-day Korea.

“The King” is currently slated to premiere sometime this year.

https://www.soompi.com/article/1381629wpp/kwon-sang-woo-shows-his-support-for-woo-do-hwan-and-lee-min-hos-new-drama

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun and Woo Do Hwan spotted in Busan

cr: wettedO weibo

EQPwWebUYAAmZlB?format=jpg&name=small

EQPwW3RUUAE4qYM?format=jpg&name=small

EQPwXMcU4AEVJ7f?format=jpg&name=small

Spoiler

Coincidentally saw Lee Min Ho come to Busan to shoot a TV series

This handsome guy looking at the game is really handsome!

cr: 我 是 璐 儿 小巴 友 weibo 

EQPo-p8UwAQAwBh?format=jpg&name=small

EQPo_ClU0AIX70k?format=jpg&name=small

EQPo_a8U0AA2EtG?format=jpg&name=small

• Like 3
  • Love 2

Lee MinHo, Kim GoEun, & Woo DoHwan Spotted Filming For “The King: The Eternal Monarch”

Lee-MinH-Kim-GoEun-Woo-DoHwan-cover.jpg

One of the most expected dramas of 2020 is none other than “The King: The Eternal Monarch”.

Top Hallyu star Lee MinHo is the lead actor. It will be his first drama since the end of his armies duties. His fans, Minoz, are eagerly waiting for the drama. He is acting along Kim GoEun (“Cheese in the Trap” (2016), “Goblin” (2016)) and Woo DoHwan (“Tempted” (2018), “My Country” (2019)).

The drama is set in a parallel world. It depicts the cooperation between two worlds. A god released the dark forces on humans and these dark forces opened the door between these two worlds. In one, Emperor Lee Gon (Lee MinHo) is trying to close the doors to the other dimension. In the other one, on earth, detective Jung TaeEul (Kim GoEun) is trying to protect someone’s life, people and love.

Last year, Lee MinHo was spotted filming for the drama on a horse and wowed fans with his prince look on the white horse. This time it is a picture of the three lead actors that was posted on online community.

In the picture, Lee MinHo is wearing casual clothes while Woo DoHwan has a bodyguard outfit and Kim GoEun wears investigation clothes.

Lee-MinH-Kim-GoEun-Woo-DoHwan-Filming-Th

After seeing the pictures, fans are even more excited to watch the drama.

“The King: The Eternal Monarch” will air in the first half of 2020 on SBS.

Are you excited too?

https://www.kpopmap.com/lee-minho-kim-goeun-woo-dohwan-spotted-filming-for-the-king-the-eternal-monarch/
  • Like 5

Studio Dragon to Become More Competitive in the Second Half of the Year

"After March, the lineup with Lee Min-ho (The King, SBS, April-May), etc, will lead to an increasingly competitive production of box office dramas in the second half of the year. ”
http://amp.nspna.com/news/?mode=view&newsid=410941

There is a lineup of masterpieces waiting for us. There is "The King" starring Lee Min-ho in the first half of the year.
"With the work by Kim Eun-sook, sales of copyrights in Korea and abroad will be maximized and Studio Dragon will seek profits of around 20 billion won for the first time since the third quarter of 2018"
https://m.news.naver.com/read.nhn?mode=LSD&mid=sec&sid1=101&oid=277&aid=0004624530

(skipped unrelated)

• Like 3

Lee Min Ho New Drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch" Details

lee-min-ho-new-drama-the-king-the-eterna

Actor Lee Min Ho is coming back to the small screen with a new historical drama soon! The drama series is titled "The King: The Eternal Monarch". The story of this drama will focus on two parallel worlds which are the Empire of Korea and the Republic of Korea.

This The historical fantasy thriller is one of the most anticipated Korean drama to air this year 2020. Since this will be the very first project of the lead cast Lee Min Ho after being released from his military services. Before his enlistment, his last project was "The Legend of the Blue Sea" which aired in the year 2016 under the SBS network.

In this drama, Lee Min Ho will be working once again with writer Kim Eun Sook. Both of them have worked together in the most famous Kdrama "The Heirs" in the year 2013. In The King, the Korean heartthrob will be portraying the emperor named Lee Gon.

His character in this drama is a man whose main priority is closing the doors between the two worlds which is the Empire of Korea and the Republic of Korea. He does that by linking with a detective named Jung Tae Eul from modern-day Korea. The two of them will be working side by side to protect the lives of people by fighting against the devil.

On a live broadcast on Instagram last August, actor Lee Min Ho announced some details about his upcoming historical drama. He shared with his Instagram followers that the series will be a romantic thriller and they can look forward to seeing him as a "King of romance."

The female lead is going to be portrayed by actress Kim Go Eun. She will be portraying two characters. One is the lookalike criminal from the Empire of Korea named Luna and the other one is the detective named Jung Tae Eul from modern-day Korea. Her detective character is said to have a love triangle with the emperor and one of her team members.

Other actors that are also cast in the Kdrama are Woo Do Hwan, Kim Kyung Nam, and Jung Eun Chae. Do Hwan will be playing two roles in this Kdrama which is the ordinary public service worker named Jo Eun Seob and the bodyguard of Emperor Lee Gon named Jo Young.

The character of a detective named Kang Shin Jae will be portrayed by Kyung Nam who is characterized as a young and handsome person but with a cold personality. He is popular for having expertise in solving cases. Kang Shin Jae also has a close relationship with the female lead Tae Eul and eventually falls in love with her.

The young female prime minister of the Korean monarchy named Gu Seo Ryung will be played by Eun Chae. Gu Seo Ryung's character is an ambitious person, who targets the emperor due to this the onscreen couple will be facing several challenges.

The King: The Eternal Monarch is penned by Kim Eun Sook and is expected to premiere on SBS in March 2020. <seems like this is the old premiere schedule>

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/117296/20200216/lee-min-ho-new-drama-the-king-the-eternal-monarch-details.htm

• Like 4

Love the Mexico Minoz cookies, too! Minoz Mexico wanted to do a food truck, but it looks like we had to settle for cookies. There's evidently a lot of competition for sponsoring a food truck for our beautiful LMH!

• Like 4

Seeing how the other Cable drama that has just concluded last night achieved a superb rating really makes me so nervous about The king. I really hope the king would topped the kdrama box office this year. Coincidently 2020 year is getting competitive. 

Can anyone shed some light on cable rating vs. free tv. I know this has been probably discussed previously But still can’t wrap my head around it.  If a drama achieved 20 % on cable, what is the equivalent rating if it was shown on free tv like sbs. For eg... Would a 20% cable rating equals to only 15% in free tv since there are more people watching free tv? 

Edited by Justafangirl
  • Like 4

5 hours ago, Justafangirl said:

Seeing how the other Cable drama that has just concluded last night achieved a superb rating really makes me so nervous about The king. I really hope the king would topped the kdrama box office this year. Coincidently 2020 year is getting competitive. 

Can anyone shed some light on cable rating vs. free tv. I know this has been probably discussed previously But still can’t wrap my head around it.  If a drama achieved 20 % on cable, what is the equivalent rating if it was shown on free tv like sbs. For eg... Would a 20% cable rating equals to only 15% in free tv since there are more people watching free tv? 

Actually, there is no such thing as 20% of cable is the same with some amount of big 3. Rating depends on the script, director and the actors. These days, cable networks TVN and JTBC are doing well with some dramas. It doesn't mean Big 3 can't achieve the same success. Rating within SK alone can't decide a drama's sucess. There are some dramas with low and average rating, but did so well internationally; moon lovers, Weightlifting Fairy Kim Bok-joo, etc. There are also dramas with high rating in SK, but only a few audience outside SK like Sky Castle.

CLOY's success is also green light for the king because it is like reminding- many hallyu fans still exit and the audience is waiting for dramas with a good script and talented actors. 

You know both CLOY and the king are from the same production company: Studio Dragon. Two of the most famous of k-drama scriptwriters, Kim Eun Soon (the king, dots) and Park Ji Eun (CLOY, MLFTS) are signed under Studio Dragon. Even though the king will air in SBS, it can still achieve 20% rating or more.

Let's hope the best for the king. Can't wait for this April.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1