[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

The 10 Best Korean Drama Couples of 2020 Who Have Succeeded in Winning Audience

Couples in Korean dramas are often the focus of audiences. Not only because of their adorable looks, but also because of the romance that is considered cute and because of the chemistry between them, which often makes them sick. As with several 2020 Korean drama series, there are many titles that represent the sweetest and most memorable romance ever.

Many couples in 2020 Korean dramas are popular with drama lovers from Ginseng Country. Do you want to know which successful couples became the best Korean drama icon couple in 2020? Keep scrolling!

4. From The King: Eternal Monarch, there are Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, whose successful romance makes hearts flutter. Lee Min Ho's drama seems flawless!

images-5-8d569333abbc9e26646dc6a39889132

https://www.idntimes.com/hype/entertainment/amp/pak/pasangan-drakor-terbaik-2020-c1c2

• Like 2

The King: Eternal Monarch & more: 5 Kdramas that depict healthy romantic relationships well

K-Dramas have effectively set the bar for what you should look for in relationships.

Korean romance dramas are often relegated to being unrealistic portrayals of relationships and dating, especially by those who haven't ever really watched one whole K-Drama through to the end. However, a true K-Drama fan would know better than anyone else that K-Dramas are idealistic situations that really aren't that far from reality. The relationships portrayed in K-Dramas are built on the principles of mutual love and respect above anything else and as such, they lead to fulfilling fairy-tale-like love stories. There's nothing fantastical about them except for the fact that two people who claim to love each other, actually do. Perhaps expecting basic decency, honesty, trust and respect might be unrealistic to some but for the rest, it is absolutely rightful. 

The King: Eternal Monarch - Lee Gon & Jung Tae Eul

Finally, this list would not be complete without Lee Gon and Tae Eul. Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun immortalised love and proved that it quite literally can transcend beyond time and space and even dimensions and alternate universes. Lee Gon fights tooth and nail to protect Tae Eul and she blindly trusts his word, if nothing else. The two resolve not only each other's problems but also their world's at large and still make their strongest efforts to be with each other, even if that meant for short periods at a time. This is love and it is realistic. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/5-korean-dramas-depict-healthy-romantic-relationships-better-anything-else-685779

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 2

Meet in Korean dramas, here are 5 of the most famous Korean artist gangs.

April 4, 2021
Mariana Politton

Are you one of those people who already fell in love with Korean dramas? If so, then you are not only overwhelmed by the plot that is presented. On the other hand, you are also crazy about the Korean stars who are involved in this.

Well, did you know that Korean artists who are involved in Korean drama projects actually build friendships. Before that friendship turned into a gang of Korean artists who became famous in cyberspace.

Yeah, meeting in Korean dramas, here are five of the most famous Korean artist gangs you should know about. Psst. ... You know, their friendship is no less charming! ...

3. Royal squad

8a57f675ee71a79fa9fa8fc0b2b69404.png

Once in the world of Korean dramas, anyone will immediately fall in love with the charismatic figure of Lee Min Ho. In fact, Raisa acknowledged this as the best singer in Indonesia after watching the drama King: Eternal Monarch (2020).

Aits, do you know? Lee Min Ho is known by the nickname Chemi-shin or the actor with the best chemistry when acting together. However, The King: Eternal Monarch is not only construction chemistry, but friendship in real life.

Proof of this is that by uploading photos to his personal Instagram account, Lee Min Ho is showing his acquaintance with his drama friends. In fact, the drama is known to have ended since June 2020. How cute!

Translation from Indonesian google

https://www.popbela.com/career/working-life/mariana-politton/geng-artis-korea-paling-terkenal/4

• Like 2

Korean series to cry with when you're feeling stuck

We all need a good cry sometimes, and Korean series are perfect to unleash the feeling and shed some good tears, which always go down well with the heart.

South Korea is experiencing a boom in global pop culture that is already undeniable. 

Among K-pop groups and Korean soap operas, in addition to the four Oscars for Parasite , its influence on pop culture is undeniable.

If you want to know more about this country, take the opportunity to start learning its language, or simply entertain yourself for a while, we leave you some very sentimental series that you can watch on Netflix or other platforms.

The King: Eternal Monarch

The King: Eternal Monarch  is one of Korean TV's latest bets in the historical series category and has received rave reviews and won awards.

It tells the story of two universes, one in modern Korea and another where Korea is an Empire ruled by a single monarch, Emperor Lee Gon, who tries to fight evil and close the door between the two universes.

It stars Lee Min-ho and Kim Go-eun, and you can watch it on Netflix.

https://www.actitudfem.com/guia/cine-y-television/series/series-coreanas-y-doramas-para-llorar

• Like 5

On 3/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, CarolynH said:

Any of you up for the rewatch?!  Adding a couple other new chingus @nina_mitrokhina @backstreetboysfan   @JoannaID    @gpicris  @Areumdaun  @SophieH  .  Please tag any chingus who are missing from this list.  

We are planning a poll, hopefully up around April 16.  

If you want to set up groups to rewatch together, as a group of did a year ago, using netflix party that would also be fun.  It work at little easier by region, so that some people aren't up at 7AM and 11PM, but hey if you do it over the weekend, it might be doable.  

Hiya @CarolynH, thanks for the tag. is the rewatch still on? What time is it? I’m now WFH, so I might be able to join.  I have Netflix and can join on it. 

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

22 minutes ago, Areumdaun said:

Hiya @CarolynH, thanks for the tag. is the rewatch still on? What time is it? I’m now WFH, so I might be able to join.  I have Netflix and can join on it. 

@Areumdaun, Thank you for inviting me to watch The King: Eternal Monarch! I would love to join, but I'm afraid there will be difficulties, because we are located in different countries and different time zones. In addition, dramas are viewed on different video platforms.

This is Lee Min Ho's favorite scene in The King: Eternal Monarch.

KPOPLAT-the-king--750x450.jpg

King: Eternal Monarch Set in two parallel universes in Korea, one in an empire and one in a democratic country, this fantasy drama follows the story between Emperor Lee Gon and Detective Jung Tae Eul as they work together to avoid the crisis.

If you haven't seen the drama yet, we mention SPOILER ALERT, we don't want to spoil the ending, so you can read the next note that there is nothing in it.

We travel a bit in time. Every time they are about to stream the final chapter of a drama, the actors say thanks and mention their favorite scenes in the drama they were in.

First of all, Lee Min Ho mentioned his words before this project:

“I started this drama as an actor when I was in my 30s and I think it will be a big moment that will grace the next page in my future. First of all, I am grateful to the people I saw again and for the fact that the people I met for the first time. I want to thank the fans who have been waiting for a long time and the viewers. "

-Lee Min Ho

As for his favorite scene, Lee Min Ho chose the end of Episode 4, where he said after Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul first entered the Korean Empire.

"I am the Emperor of the Korean Empire, and my name, which was chosen not to be named, is Li Gong."

-Lee Min Ho

What do you think of Lee Min Ho's favorite scene? Is this your favorite scene?

Translation from spanish google

https://kpoplat.com/2021/04/08/esta-es-la-escena-favorita-de-lee-min-ho-en-the-king-eternal-monarch/

• Like 2

8 days and counting until the TKEM rewatch!  Are you ready?  Be sure to check in on the 16th for the poll!  

On 4/8/2021 at 12:26 PM, Areumdaun said:

What time zone are you in?  Central or Eastern?  Anyone else interested in Netflix watch party?  @nina_mitrokhinathis time I thought it would be easier if people who live in the same region could watch together.  Last year, we had people from Asia, US and occasionally poor @SophieH stayed for a couple minutes to watch with us.  

• Like 1
  • Blob 1

19 minutes ago, CarolynH said:

8 days and counting until the TKEM rewatch!  Are you ready?  Be sure to check in on the 16th for the poll!  

What time zone are you in?  Central or Eastern?  Anyone else interested in Netflix watch party?  @nina_mitrokhinathis time I thought it would be easier if people who live in the same region could watch together.  Last year, we had people from Asia, US and occasionally poor @SophieH stayed for a couple minutes to watch with us.  

Central for me. What day of the week are you planning? 

• Like 2

Dramas: a window to the Asian world

Surely you have seen more than one of these productions and have become a fan of them. This is a list of dramas that you cannot miss and some details that you may not have known about this world.

More and more people are immersing themselves in the world of Asian entertainment, not only for its animated productions but also for the dramas that have become one of the biggest bets to conquer audiences.

The success of this type of content can be due to the attractive stories that are presented, which include endless themes that can be action, comedy, romance, mystery, crime, fantasy, historical, and many more.

THE KING: THE ETERNAL MONARCH

The story tells how a man decides to open a portal to a parallel world, where one resembles today's Korea, while the other is an empire dominated by a single monarch. 

To achieve the stability of both worlds, the monarch of the Korean empire Lee Gon, seeks an alliance with detective Jung Tae Eul, who resides in present-day Korea and with whom he falls madly in love to defeat the evil that tries to be immortal. 

This fantasy, romance and time travel drama has 16 episodes, each lasting over an hour, available on the Netflix platform.  

spacer.png

https://www.laprensagrafica.com/farandula/Doramas-una-ventana-al-mundo-asiatico-20210408-0081.html

@CarolynH, I'm fine with our schedule last year

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

10 hours ago, CarolynH said:

@CarolynH, Thank you for your attention! I don't know exactly what time zone Russia belongs to. But I decided to join your viewing any time you choose, if possible. As a last resort, I will try to download the drama from the network and watch it in the recording.

King: Eternal Monarch

eoD8Wc.jpg?v=1

A underrated gem! Best kdrama of 2020!

UNDERRATED AND A GEM!! Okay I am gonna be honest, this was my favorite kdrama that came out in the crazy year of 2020. The story was original, beautiful and ahhhhh swoon worthy. I am a sucker for destiny and fate-like stories, and this one is one of my very top favorite kdramas. Kim Go Eun and Lee Min Ho are both two of my favorite actors! The characters Jeong Tae Eul and Lee Gon had amazing chemistry and growth as a couple.

The two different worlds of Korea was so interesting and captivating, of course the queen kdrama writer Kim Eun Sook wrote this one so I knew it was going to be fantastic. Woo Do Hwan did a incredible job with his two characters, he is a wonderful actor and hilarious, his duality was amazing. I loved how this drama showcased a love story that had no confusing breakups or unnecessary drama. It always was right up to the main point of the story and the fight for Tae Eul and Lee Gon to be together. I laughed and cried and fell in love every episode in this drama! Visuals were stunning, OST was perfect, acting amazing, plot incredible! And of course I love happy endings SO please do yourself a favor and watch this amazing drama!

https://mydramalist.com/profile/Breegrace/reviews/132981

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

10 Fantasy K-Dramas That Will Transport You To ~*Different Worlds*~

Once you become a K-drama fan, you will be amazed by the 123456789 themes that you can watch: There's horror, crime, romance, and even shows that are so stressful yet so, so addicting. And there are those that help you escape reality, expand your imagination, and bring you to whole new worlds.

Below is a list of fantasy K-dramas on Netflix and Viu, that will give you a ~new fantastic point of view~:

The King: Eternal Monarch (2020)

Who’s in it: Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, Woo Do Hwan

Where you can watch it: Netflix

The short plot: As described by Netflix, The King: Eternal Monarch is a story where "a modern-day Korean emperor passes through a mysterious portal and into a parallel world, where he encounters a feisty police detective."

https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/fantasy-k-dramas-netflix-and-viu-a4575-20210411

• Like 2

4 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I'm creating a PM group for those interested in a Netflix watch party.  If you want to join, let me know.  It's more fun that watching alone!

@CarolynH, Thank you so much for the offer! Of course I really want to join the group, just explain to me how and when the drama will be watched.

• Blob 1

14 hours ago, Nikaa94 said:

add me please :partyblob::1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

You got it!

13 hours ago, nina_mitrokhina said:

@CarolynH, Thank you so much for the offer! Of course I really want to join the group, just explain to me how and when the drama will be watched.

Please check your PM.  I included a video on setting up netflix party.  Definitely start by adding the teleparty (netflix) ext.  

@syntyche  You're joining us too?  We didn't drive you crazy with our questions--"what does that mean" "I don't understand"  "math?" lol

• Like 1
  • Blob 1