[Drama 2020] The King: Eternal Monarch, 더 킹: 영원의 군주

syntyche

Seems like TKEM somehow managed to trend on twitter in several countries after being on the shelf for over 1 year that is amazing.. It concluded overall it's trending with 16k++ tweet from Malaysia, Philippines, Thailand and Indonesia and other places from the world.

Spoiler

EzKRWtyVkAEHvL2?format=jpg&name=900x900EzKRW7HVEAYObUw?format=jpg&name=900x900

EzKRXH-VgAgD5AD?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Arnold Pilc
  • Like 1
  • Awesome 5

The poll closes tomorrow!  Make sure you vote!  

I finally voted.  Even though, yes, the physique looked like LMH, for reasons that I will post after rewatching the first two episodes, I was unconvinced adult LG saved little LG.

Have fun rewatching everyone!

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

Take a peek at the Anniversary of Korean Drama 'The King: Eternal Monarch' - Greetings, Cast, and Romantic Scenes

spacer.png

Fans of 'The King Eternal Monarch' are celebrating the drama's first Anniversary as it becomes the fourth trending topic on Twitter today Saturday, April 17, 2021.

The Korean drama The King Eternal Monarch, which has the Romantic-Fantasy genre, has indeed made an impression on the minds of its fans since it was first broadcast on April 17, 2020.

Because in addition to presenting an interesting storyline, this drama is also played by famous and popular actors in the world, namely Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Woo Do Hwan.

The drama, directed by Baek Sang Hoon, tells the story of a Korean emperor named Lee Gon (Lee Min-ho) who tries to close the door to a parallel world opened by a demon released by a god into the human world and a detective named Jung Tae-eul. (Kim Go-eun) who tried to protect many people and someone he loved.

So popular, fans still have a hard time moving on from this drama. In fact, more than 11 thousand tweets from Twitter netizens wrote Anniversary greetings and uploaded a photo collage of the cast of The King: Eternal Monarch.

spacer.png

spacer.png

https://infosemarangraya.pikiran-rakyat.com/viral/pr-1601786494/intip-anniversary-drama-korea-the-king-eternal-monarch-ucapan-selamat-pemeran-hingga-adegan-romantis

Fans Celebrate Drama The King: Eternal Monarch's First Anniversary

Exactly one year ago, the drama The King: Eternal Monarch premiered on April 17, 2020.

This colossal drama that also combines fantasy and romantic genres stars Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Woo Do Hwan.

The drama The King: Eternal Monarch tells about a parallel world where there is the Corea Kingdom and the Republic of South Korea.

Bringing stories and storylines that were relatively rare and beautiful players, this drama successfully attracted a large audience.

In fact, even though it was one year ago, many viewers still remember and reminisce about this drama.

https://kabarjoglosemar.pikiran-rakyat.com/hiburan/pr-731785569/penggemar-rayakan-anniversary-pertama-drama-the-king-eternal-monarch

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 5

Viral Drakor Synopsis King Eternal Monarch в Twitter, которого играет Ли Мин Хо

Arfrian Rahmanta
- April 17, 2021

1735187286.jpg

SLEMAN NEWS - Today, April 17, 2021, marks the release year of the Korean drama The King: Eternal Monarch. This drama features actors Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun.

This drama marks the beginning of Lee Min Ho's return to acting after completing military service. Meanwhile, Kim Go Eun, as we know, previously acted in the Korean drama Goblin in 2016-2017.

In this 16-episode drama, Lee Min Ho plays a young emperor of Korea named Lee Gon. At the same time, Kim Go Eun plays two characters at once: Jung Tae Eul and Luna. Two characters with different characteristics.

Synopsis of the King: Eternal Monarch

Since the assassination of Lee Lim to the King of Korea. Li Lim is the king's half-brother. Li Lim did this in order to grab the Manpasikjok, a bamboo flute that they inherited from their ancestors. With this flute, he wanted to live forever and rule the world.

Li Gon, who saw his father killed, managed to snatch half of the manpasikjok from Li Lim's hands. Meanwhile, the traitor fled to a parallel world.
In a parallel world, Li Lim meets a figure that is very similar to him. He killed and brought the figure to the world of the Korean Empire (or to the main world). So Li Lim, a traitor and a criminal, was pronounced dead in the world of the Korean Empire.
As crown prince, Li Gong must inherit his father's throne and become king at a young age. His first task was to bury his father's body. Li Gong grows up to be an intelligent and charismatic king.

In addition to being a king, he was also known as a brilliant mathematician. However, Lee Gon has his own trauma after seeing his father killed.

One day, Li Gong found a door in a bamboo forest. Entering it, the door led him into a completely unknown parallel world, namely the Republic of Korea.
A funny scene takes place here: Li Gon rides a horse in a city traffic jam. In short, he met Jung Tae Eul.

Jung Tae Eul is a police officer and has close associates Jo Eun Sub and Kang Shin Jae. Initially, he hated Lee Gon for his strange attitude, but due to various intrigues and similar views, they fell in love with each other.

Lee Gon later brought Jung Tae Eul into the world of the Korean Empire. In the Korean Empire, Jung Tae Eul meets Jo Young, a palace guard with a face similar to Eun Soeb.

Various riddles arose. Lee Gon finally finds out that Lee Lim is still alive. Li Lim traded the lives of people in a parallel world, a sad life for a better one.

Knowing that there is a parallel world, Lee Gon tries to return to the night his father was killed. With Cho Young's help, he won the battle and killed Lee Lim on the night of his betrayal.

However, when fate changed and the world was in balance, Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul were torn apart.

Lee Gon embarks on a long journey to find Jung Tae Eul. He entered all doors with different universes and found Jung Tae Eul in different conditions.

Actors "The King: Eternal Monarch"

- Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon
- Kim Go Eun as Jung Tae Eul and Luna
- Woo Do Hwan as Jo Eun Sub and Jo Young
- Kim Kyung Nam as Kang Shin Jae
- Jung Eun Chae as Goo Seo Ryung
- Lee Jong Ji as Lee Lim.

Translation from Indonesian google

https://beritasleman.pikiran-rakyat.com/entertainment/pr-841786778/sinopsis-drakor-the-king-eternal-monarch-yang-viral-di-twitter-diperankan-lee-min-ho

• Blob 5

Just finished watching the first two episodes of TKEM on Teleparty with several of you wonderful folks. So enjoyed chatting (and swooning over LMH)  while we watched!!  Some of us had watched together last year and this time we welcomed some newbies as well!  Thanks to all who are participating. Join us next Sunday if you're interested - it's great fun!

Here's the photo I mentioned while we were watching Ep. 1. It shows what looks like a long, deep scar running down LMH"s right arm. That near-fatal auto accident he was in hit him on the right side, so that might be where he got it. I also read that he broke an arm when he was a boy, but this scar would have had to be from a very, very bad break. Go glad he came through it all.

spacer.png

• Like 3
  • Shocked 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Blob 1

@msdot Ah, I see the scratch.  First time ever though.  Thanks!

Joined the re-watch too had fun.

Dang it, I missed the voting

1. Too many times to count

2. Had no idea in the beginning who the masked person was.

Did not realize the first time that it was LG himself.  After the re-watch today, it was so obvious, I am surprised I did not guess it the first time.  His gait, the CH vibes, his eyes and tall, slim body.  Movements and I was a CH fan. 

3. Yes, happy to see Maximus with his king again.

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1
  • Blob 2

Rewatching the king was fun with all of you guys. Will join again next week. :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

I cant believe im still crying a bit when i saw little LG breakdown after the funeral. That was just so heartbreaking :please:

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Thank you to those who voted in the first poll!  The majority have rewatched TKEM many times:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1): !  Most guessed that adult LG saved little LG 10-5 over Jo Young.  The clear winner was Maximus who the majority were happy to see again.  If you missed the poll, you can always post what you would have chosen. Thanks again @Lmangla for setting up the poll.

I also participated in the teleparty/netflix party today.  It was fun with the group who watched it together a year ago together with our new chingus @ATW @Min2206 and @Areumdaun :1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):.  It's not too late to join us.  It's a lot more fun watching as a group.  Now that I've paid more attention to the savior, yes, there's no doubt it's adult LG.  It's hard to mistake LMH's physique and City Hunter-like moves.  What threw me off was (1) I assumed Jo Young would be the one to save little LG just as he saved little LG by becoming his friend and (2) I still can't get past adult LG feeling for little LG's pulse.  I harped on the latter point for a long time lol:lol:  Gosh, I missed the bromance between LG and JY.

• Like 3
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 2

Thank you for the awesome morning with the rewatch @CarolynH. I had great fun with all of you and will join next week as well for sure. Even after so many rewatches, I can’t believe LMH’s visuals as LG is breathtaking. :love:

@msdot oh, that’s a huge scar.. and I think it must have been when he was an adult.. most childhood bone breaks do not result in such big scars into adulthood. I have noticed the big scar on his thigh as well (in The Heirs at his California home). Thankful he has made it through all the hardships and still be a very positive, happy person. 

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Wiggle 1
  • Blob 1

2 hours ago, CarolynH said:

I also participated in the teleparty/netflix party today.  It was fun with the group who watched it together a year ago together with our new chingus @ATW @Min2206 and @Areumdaun .  It's not too late to join us.  It's a lot more fun watching as a group.  Now that I've paid more attention to the savior, yes, there's no doubt it's adult LG.  It's hard to mistake LMH's physique and City Hunter-like moves.  What threw me off was (1) I assumed Jo Young would be the one to save little LG just as he saved little LG by becoming his friend and (2) I still can't get past adult LG feeling for little LG's pulse.  I harped on the latter point for a long time lol:lol:  Gosh, I missed the bromance between LG and JY.

You know yesterday , how my heart lit up when I saw The King Lee Gon appeared on my lappy screen .. Phew! 
I finally could log in TP and talked to you guys "live".   The feeling was so good @CarolynH @CallieP @ATW @Areumdaun @msdot @1ouise @syntyche @Nikaa94 I almost gave up :D

And yes , love this couple - Are you having fun?   

20 Ultimate Bromance Scenes of Lee Min-ho and Woo Do-hwan in 'The King:  Eternal Monarch' | Kdramapal
Woo Do Hwan Shows Off Duality By Portraying 2 Contrasting Characters In  “The King: Eternal Monarch” | Soompi

11 hours ago, msdot said:

Go glad he came through it all.

1 hour ago, Areumdaun said:

Thankful he has made it through all the hardships and still be a very positive, happy person. 

Thanks much @msdot for sharing the pic.  That was a huge scar.

:1646639759_ezgif.com-gif-maker(1):

• Like 6
  • Awesome 2
  • Blob 3

Korean Actors' Projects After Military Service

spacer.png

Lee Min-Ho in "The King: Eternal Monarch"

Lee Min-ho returned with the buzzworthy romance fantasy K-drama "The King: Eternal Monarch". It featured him as the third king of the so-called Kingdom of Corea, the parallel world of the Republic of Korea. In this series that showcases an alternate reality and a time travel element, his character meets and falls in love with a police officer (Kim Go-eun) whose counterpart in the Kingdom of Corea is a criminal. 

https://metro.style/people/celebrities/korean-actors-comeback-projects-after-military/29654?gid=1d68386c-4614-4c21-a2fe-bc8f60e2e4e4&pid=26

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

Thanks for joining the first of our TKEM watch parties! Glad we enjoyed our rewatch. See you again next week!

:Pandabulous::Pandabulous: 

hey, @rocher22, nice to see you again here! Missed JY's voice as he calls LG, "Pyeha"! :)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Wiggle 2
  • Blob 1

12 hours ago, msdot said:

Here's the photo I mentioned while we were watching Ep. 1. It shows what looks like a long, deep scar running down LMH"s right arm. That near-fatal auto accident he was in hit him on the right side, so that might be where he got it. I also read that he broke an arm when he was a boy, but this scar would have had to be from a very, very bad break. Go glad he came through it all.

Thanks for sharing the photo.

It could just be a combination of makeup, sweat, sunshine, and photo quality.

I've never noticed a scar on his arm.

a15fca2d0d223a68c645c12bb35aadd1ace05838.png

06161ba7be0791142c4c595fb904e6ddac540238

• Like 2
  • Blob 2

EVENT: Game: Guess the drama Part 2

The gossip loving EOs are back with another set of blinds based on the juiciest gossips we heard from the Kdrama world. Let's see if you can guess the dramas based on blinds :hooray:

Your friendly neighborhood and resident Event Organizers,

@Lmangla @partyon @Sleepy Owl

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2