Crash landing on K-drama

2020 was one for the record books for obvious reasons, but it’s safe to say, it was also the year of the K-drama.

Netflix, a top source for Korean content among Filipinos, said that the Philippine audience binge-watched K-dramas like never before as viewing surged to 350 percent in 2020 compared to 2019.

spacer.png

The King: Eternal Monarch stirred excitement among K-fans because it was the comeback vehicle of “K-drama king” Lee Min Ho after his three-year mandatory military service. He played the ruler of the fictional kingdom of Corea.

The 32-year-old star told us then in a Zoom interview: “After the three-year break, on my first day of shooting, I really didn’t feel unfamiliar to the set at all. In fact, I had this one feeling that I was right at home. I felt like I was where I was supposed to be. But soon after that, I think I was more focused on how I really wanted to make this even better.”

https://www.philstar.com/entertainment/2021/01/09/2069101/crash-landing-k-drama

Top 5 Korean drama queens in 2020

spacer.png

Kim Go Eun

After her spectacular performance in the movie "Goblin", Kim Go Eun continued to admire the audience by her amazing acting ability through her latest drama "The King: Eternal." Monarch "starred with Lee Min Ho.

https://laodongtre.laodong.vn/giai-tri/top-5-nu-hoang-phim-truyen-hinh-han-quoc-nam-2020-869349.ldo

• Like 6
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1
  • Replies 20.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hey Monarchs! I would like to thank you all for visiting, posting, liking, and lurking on this thread. "The King" has been quite a ride for all of us. Kudos to us for sticking with the drama until the

This thread will probably stay sleepless for a few more weeks....  however it's time for me to say a few words of appreciation to everyone who are here no matter if you were here since episode 1 or ju

This is the episode I've been waiting for in regards to SJ.  I don't even like him all that much - so I'm not sure why I'm so invested.    But he's been dealt the worst hand in this entire s

Posted Images

TOP 5 K-DRAMAS OF 2020 BY AN INTERNATIONAL FAN

Well , here are my top 5 personal favorite picks of K-DRAMAS

5. The King: Eternal Monarch

We have to admit , we all have been waiting for Lee min ho’s return from his compulsory military service and boy, what a return it was ! . Time travelling theme has been the essence of 2020 weather it be dramas like DARK or movies like TENENT .

1*-nMCXIzm8LejKUTyXBkHFA.png

image from Netflix drama The King: Eternal Monarch

With star studded cast like LEE MIN HO, KIM GO EUN , WOO DO HWAN and glossy locations and unique storyline , this drama has set unique place in heart of especially international fans . This series follows King Lee Gon who travels to two parallel world with mythical device MANPASIKJEOK opening the portal between Kingdom of Corea and Republic of Korea to end its uncle Lee Lim’s atrocities .

One of things I liked most is that how perfectly they have shown Kingdom of Corea can look like in this 21'st century with mix of monarchy and modern world .

https://amarbirsingh-52909.medium.com/top-5-k-dramas-of-2020-by-an-international-fan-14358ab3414

• Like 1

Asian Culture Awards: Official List of PCA Winners

January 9, 2021

Let's get to know K-pop, C-, who won the first PCA award from Diario LaRepública Pop and J-pop idols, Asian actors and TV series.

Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the year just ended has become a difficult period for the world. However, fans of Asian art continue to be inspired by artists and works from the field, and continue to rank high in international entertainment for their high quality.

Diario LaRepública hosted the first Asian Culture Awards (PCA 2020), which selected only their favorite Korean, Japanese, Chinese and Thai singers, actors, and TV series from fans who voted online.

More than 100 works and artists were nominated in the official poll from December 30, 2020 to January 6, 2021, and 16 of them won thanks to the continued support of fans.

Finally, we are pleased to announce the winners of the first Asian Culture Awards 2020.

PCA 2020-Best Korean Drama
King: The Eternal Monarch is the PCA's Best Korean Drama 2020. Credit: LR / SBS Composition

PCA 2020 - Best Korean Actor
Lee Min Ho continues to bring good news to fans. He is the Best Korean Actor at PCA 2020. Minoz's continued support allowed King Hull to win this category with 45.7% of the total votes.

Lee Min Ho is Korea's Best Actor at PCA 2020. Picture: composition LR / MYM Ent. @MYM_Entertainment

005DCUQYly1gmjoxubwbjj30ey0ey758.jpg

005DCUQYly1gmjoxu6e6hj30ey0ey3zk.jpg

https://m.weibo.cn/status/4592174467650525

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Blob 1

A more complete article:

Asian Culture Awards 2020: Official and Complete List of PCA Winners

Jan 9, 2021
Updated January 11, 2021

The year just ended has become a difficult period for the whole world due to the COVID-19 pandemic. However, art aficionados in Asia have received ongoing support from artists and industries in the field who continue to position themselves in international entertainment for their quality.

To honor those who gave birth to this season, at Diario La República we organized the first edition of the Asian Culture Awards (PCA 2020), an event where fans only voted online their favorite singers, actors and dramas from South Korea, Japan , China and Thailand.

More than 100 productions and artists have been nominated, but only 16 have won thanks to continued fan support in the official poll from December 30, 2020 to January 6, 2021 (Eastern European Time).

Finally, we are pleased to announce the new winners of the first Asian Culture Awards 2020.

Korean dramas
PCA 2020 - Best Korean Drama

It was one of the most watched TV series in the world last year and has now won the PCA's Best Korean Drama 2020 with 43.3%. But that's not all. If you enjoyed the fictional love story King: Eternal Monarch starring Lee Min Ho, Kim Go Eun, and Woo Do Hwan, then the South Korean Imprinting Unit will be even more surprising.

Meanwhile, we share the fact that the comedy sensation of the moment, True Beauty, came in second with 29%, and Psychological Romance came in third with 6.4%.

PQ7DONTKQZENVF6TK4ZY7F6LTE.jpg

PCA 2020 - Best Korean Actor

Continuing the good news for TKEM fans, Lee Min Ho is the PCA's Best Korean Actor 2020. Minoz's continued support made it possible for King Hallyu to triumph in this category, gaining 45.7% of the total vote.

Meanwhile, True Beauty's top male, Cha Eun Woo, came in second with 28.4%, while Kim Soo Hyun came in third with 4%.

UFGNGEFWMRGPTOQXGEMVY2LNYM.jpg

PCA 2020 - Best Korean Actress

If TKEM leader Lee Min Ho won his category, the female star's triumph could not be missed. Kim Go Eun is the PCA's Best Korean Actress 2020 and the audience has chosen to support her with 43% of the vote.

In the same category, Moon Ga Young (True Beauty) and Song Ye Jin (Crash Landing on You) came in second and third with 15.9% and 10.1%, respectively.

BCHFQNOG2BBDZABQ573BM6OKDQ.jpg

PCA 2020 - Best New Korean Artist

He has dazzled the imagination in other productions before, but it cannot be denied that the display of his talent last season with King: Eternal Monarch was the ultimate leap to fame in the eyes of the international community. Woo Do Hwan was named Best New Korean Artist today at the 2020 Asian Culture Awards.

The remembered Cho Eun Sob / Cho Young won with a combined score of 49.6%. On the other hand, Hwang In Yup, the current true beauty star, and Kim So Hye came in second and third with 22.2% and 10% in order of mention.

Spoiler

E2VDWZL4CBBUTOKBOQI2IHCGXE.jpg

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2021/01/10/pca-2020-lista-completa-de-ganadores-de-los-premios-cultura-asiatica-categoria-kpop-jpop-cpop-doramas-thaidramas-y-actores/?outputType=amp&__twitter_impression=true

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 1

Korean Drama Review The King: Eternal Monarch

Anandi Yustika I.

0*VlTrKGl0Z-ZomZsW.jpg

“I realized that I never gave you a single flower. That's why I crossed the universe for you. ”(Li Gon).

King: Eternal Monarch is a drama written by Kim Eun Suk. Of course, k-drama enthusiasts are already familiar with this writer because they managed to get the audience on a roller coaster, starting with Descendants of the Sun, then Goblin / Sentinel: The Lonely and Great God, then Mister Sunshine managed to stir the public's senses, and most recently the film The King: Eternal Monarch went live in April 2020.

In this overview, I will mention two worlds as the Kingdom of Corea and the Republic of Korea (if possible, it will be Corea and Korea). Well, apart from the romantic story that is the focus of this drama. The origins of this story are also associated with the existence of a flute called manpasikjok, which is also the key to these two worlds. This drama will also introduce the concept of time travel. Watching this drama directly (or continuing), many viewers have expressed all the speculation and theories about what actually happened in The King: Eternal Monarch.

Interestingly, I realized that the dramas written by Kim Eun Suk are usually about two different things, and I wanted to combine them. Most of all, I remember Mr. F. Sunlight. If you watch the drama, you will get a little bit of what I mean. Then there's Goblin / Guardian: The Lonely and Great God. About the cursed angel of death and an ordinary person. Then The King: Eternal Monarch talks about two different worlds that can be connected due to manpashikjoka.

0*bozYW6MP3khdbufD.jpg

In this drama itself, we will witness how the two main characters, namely Lee Gon and Jung Tae Eul, must properly digest the existence of two worlds or parallel worlds. Of course, in this concept of a parallel world, everyone has a different fate. For example, Jung Tae Eul from the Republic of Korea is a police officer. However, what about his other self in the Kingdom of Corea? It looks like?

The villain or antagonist in The King: Eternal Monarch is Lee Lim (Lee Jong Jin), who already knows that Manpasikjok is the key to a parallel world. Lee Lim himself is the younger brother of Lee Gong's father, which means he is Lee Gon's uncle, right? His long-standing ambition was not to take the royal throne. But manpasikjok, because he can open a parallel world.

Of course, I will not explain in detail in this review, because it will affect spoilers. However, I do feel that Lee Lim's character as an antagonist in this drama is also strong. He can dominate the story at the same time. When he appeared, his aura felt different.

Then, of course, many viewers and perhaps readers of this review are wondering how romantic is this drama? Wow, don't doubt it again. Needless to say, touching. The chemistry between Lee Min Ho and Kim Go Eun in their characters made me feel the emotion in their characters. I definitely cried when I saw Kim Go Eun crying too. He always manages to film crying scenes, it touches the hearts of the audience, you know.

I want to talk a lot about romance in this drama, but I'm afraid to be a spoiler. However, don't worry. This drama will provide an ending that is bliss for both of them and for the hearts of the audience. Then what about the supporting characters in this drama? Now, if this is the case, I would call actress Jung Eun Che another antagonist who is really annoying but elegant to look at. He is cunning because of his ambition.

I also say that character development in this drama is the right part. Of course, special thanks to actor Woo Do Hwan, who played Jo Young in the Corea Kingdom and Jo Eun Sup in the Republic of Korea. Then Jo Young as Jo Eunsup and finally Cho Eun-soup as Jo Young. If you've watched this drama, you'll understand what I meant earlier, hehe.

Up to the original soundtrack of The King: Eternal Monarch filler. Starting with the third episode, an instrument plays for the audience at the end of the broadcast. The tone is very touching, I also searched for Spotify on YouTube. Unfortunately, not yet. Apparently, this instrument reappeared in the twelfth episode, where the singer was the love of many k-drama enthusiasts, namely the Gummy called My Love.

Even at the end of this review, there is a story that is very meaningful to me. Before that, I'll give the drama The King: Eternal Monarch a 9 out of 10, and you can watch it on Netflix.
If you have any movies or TV series or Korean dramas you would like to know about my reviews, please email me at ajustika@aol.com.

Thanks for reading this article, have a nice day!

Translated from Indonesian google

https://ajustika.medium.com/ulasan-drama-korea-the-king-eternal-monarch-661761c73337

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

They are the queens of the TV series! The best K-Drama actresses of 2020

The top 10 actresses of K-Dramas, who have long proven themselves to be the best in the arts, have been announced.

They fascinated the world with their work ... Most of these actresses have been in the industry for a long time and have proven time and again that they are the best of the best. According to the information obtained from Soompi; Here are 10 of the best actresses 2020

Kim Go Eun

spacer.png

Kim Go Eun is respected for her versatility in casting roles. The characters he chooses are hardly the same, and he is consistently praised for his ability to choose challenging roles that give up repetitive roles. Last year, she starred with Lee Min Ho in the popular SBS drama "The King: The Eternal Monarch," again showing everyone her acting skills. She played a cop who fell in love with a King in a parallel universe and managed to be witty, charming and cute in the style of Kim Go Eun.

https://www.besiktas.com.tr/magazin/onlar-dizilerin-kraliceleri-2020nin-en-iyi-k-drama-aktrisleri/8202

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

Today I'm going to tell you about one of the best dramas I saw last year.

22d5f0c14ef42ea91a161b1a136600215c418a4f

더 킹: 영원 의 군주 /Deo King: Yeongwonui Gunju / The King: Eternal Monarch / The King: Forever Sovereign; King: Monarch of Eternity; King: Eternal Monarch.

16 episodes of the genre drama, fantasy, melodrama, historical, family on the SBS network, aired from April 17 to June 12, 2020.

A fantasy and romantic drama that tells us about a journey between dimensions or parallel

73515cc0de3938346b6a0c64f79d425644499497

Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon

The King of the Republic of Korea, a young man who received the crown after the death of his father at an early age, who 25 years later continues to search for his savior, the person for whom he is still alive.

There I heard throughout the broadcast that Lee only knew how to create characters like this, and, well, sorry !!, that's what you were born for and not someone else has it and fills the crown.

Well, if this was so, what about "Vera" and "City Hunter"?

Well, going on, I just wanted to defend my point a little, as a lot of people criticize Lee, but in that he is the most recognized actor in Korea: sequins: not everyone does it, and he does great in every role ...

3deee106a2925e9fd6e3b79accaf3949f588bbf2

Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon, King of the Kingdom of Korea, is so majestic, even his gait is so perfect, no matter the situation + his tongue + all of Lee's beauty + Lee's posture = perfect king.

Now we get to the interesting thing, I mean, because Li Gong is a young king who from 8 years old (I think) took over the weight of the crown after the death of his father after the betrayal, we see our king take the reins of the country and grow in search of his savior throughout the kingdom of e, but without a positive answer.

Lee Gon is a cool person who amazes us with his elegance and posture, and as I said, his whole being is unique.

Spoiler

d4c333d088832b613082f226f1bfcdf9a699d284

Kim Go Eun as Jung Tae Eul / Luna

I'll talk a little about Go Eun's great work in bringing to life two great characters like Jung Tae and Luna who are great and, like Woo Do Hwan, polar opposite personalities.

Lieutenant Zhong Tae from the Republic of Korea, who for some reason became involved in history and called upon to help our king solve this great problem.

Luna, the part of the Korean Kingdom who had a really difficult and painful life doing everything for money, is the opposite version of Jung Tae and showing us Go Eun's haggard side.

Spoiler

5df48d0b1c20d9ceddcb6af61c38786365ed7e06

Woo Do Hwan as Cho Eun Sub / Cho Young

Here's another double character, and let me tell you that they were both too good, both on paper and visually // It's always nice to see Woo Do Hwan.

Let's start with Eun Soba, a social worker attached to the police, or something like that, as I understand it, while Cho Young is the king's bodyguard and also his best friend who have been together since childhood.

Without a doubt, Do Hwan was the best photographer for this drama due to his double personality, which we fell in love with from the first time we saw him appear.

Spoiler

5d515be69947625c83a02afacb0512751a0ffaa5

It's no secret that I really admire and defend Lee Min Ho and I don't think he is overrated, the truth is that you have to learn to respect seniority and work and respect what is so recognized in an extremely difficult and demanding country.

The cast is absolutely incredible, we see several familiar faces, some of whom have already starred, we see supporting actors in them, which is too surprising since it is obvious that we will have great performances.

Spoiler

102960e9806ced8e680846a4ae14e7db4366557f

On the other hand, and this is very important, let me emphasize what I have been very pleased with in recent years that a great camera, shots of scenes and large scenes, as well as its effects and every wardrobe are completely thought out, I love all the work that is behind this because thanks to him we can fully enjoy the history.

The story goes about what happens when an interdimensional portal opens, or what happens when humans create extremely powerful objects.

Spoiler

87633252b24f4955b0221608cf39410d7ef41199

Now, at the center of the plot, we have the Manpasikbjeok flute, which has interdimensional power for its wearer, hence the importance of the wearer being the one who uses it for good purposes.

When Prince Li Lim, the king's brother and Li Gong's uncle, commits treason, he becomes the owner of half of Manpasikjok, disrupts the correct continuity of the two worlds, trying to satisfy his greed.

Catching Lee Lim becomes a major challenge for both worlds, so helping Jung Tae in the Republic of Korea, who coincidentally is the one our king was looking for, becomes an excellent bridge between both worlds, as he is the only one who knows about the problems of his world, and therefore she joins him to look for Li Lim.

Here I admire how well they handled the plot, because the rather complex story made it easier to understand, for example, the origin of problems and the consequences of traveling from one world to another in time, as well as the fact that moving some facts into these cases or falling in love someone from another world, parallel to yours.

Spoiler

635bb2abf48e2758d4f4394152eaca85131e2046

I loved how they combined the drama with such depth, quality and engagement, because let me tell you that this pair is sooo beautiful the way I imagined it, and to make the plot perfect, we'll find some comedy here and there that- something light but well implemented that will make you laugh a little.

Spoiler

ccbb89bd9cbdf82ff758b06dbed954c4fa8d1f56

Although what has a flaw is his beginning, as it is very confusing at first, but then things get too interesting, on top of that, if we get to his script, it's something great.

As the end drew near, endless theories emerged that the truth was based on our fears, that Cho Young would die, or that the main characters would not come together.

Spoiler

25c3f6ad6d1bf7ebb5a8a24e4f3f1ab36ef192d3

But luckily for me, in the end, the story turned out to be completely unpredictable, after two trips in the past and with important events such as killing Lee Lim at any cost, or Cho Young and Tae Eul inside the tunnel, whatever. This allows them remember after the changes how everything changes for the better.

In the middle of the last chapter, everything was over, and the development of the end was so detailed that it left us completely satisfied as all our doubts were resolved.

Translation from spanish google

https://aminoapps.com/c/kdrama-amino-en-espanol/page/blog/the-king-eternal-monarch-k-drama-awards-resena/wWLn_V1TouJLvnov5eZl7GK8Wdxk1pdnVe

Edited by Jillia
Please put more than 3 pics/IGs in spoiler tags, thanks!
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 1
  • Wiggle 1

"The King: Eternal Monarch" OST
Korea Broadcast Date: Apr 17, 2020 - Jun 12, 2020

Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho), the young emperor of the Korean Empire, was trying to close the door to a parallel world when someone opened it. Riding on a white horse, he worried about the end of the door, and, continuing on his way, he got lost in what is now the Republic of Korea. Also, I met with Detective Jung Tae-ul (Kim Gown) who was there.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 1

5 Korean Dramas to Watch

JANUARY 17, 2021

mutlaka-izlenmesi-gereken-kore-dizileri-

Korean dramas all over the world with various problems, especially in Turkey. Our list of Korean dramas to watch is a good start along the way. Which Korean dramas you should definitely watch, all about the plots and actors of these dramas - in this article.

Be sure to watch Korean dramas
You should definitely watch Korean TV series:

1. Legend of the blue sea

legend-of-the-blue-sea.jpeg

Photo from the TV series Legend of the Blue Sea.

The drama begins with the mermaid Shim Chung (Jung Ji Hyun) coming ashore to find the love of her life. Ho Joon Jae (Lee Min Ho), a con man, falls in love with him and follows him to Seoul. It all starts when Heo Joon Jae and his bandit gang reunite with an innocent mermaid who knows nothing about the world. The group is pursued by adventure and danger...

3. King Eternal Monarch

the-king-ethernal-monarch-scaled.jpeg

The series takes place in two different parallel worlds. Korean Emperor Lee Gong (Lee Min Ho) is trying to find a person who wants to do evil, making the transition between the two worlds, trying to keep the doors to the parallel world closed. In another parallel world, detective Jung Tae-Eul (Kim Go-Eun), who lives in the Republic of South Korea, tries to solve the events, trying to keep everyone safe. Between all these battles, they fall in love with each other...

translation from turkish google

https://yedilik.com/film-dizi/mutlaka-izlenmesi-gereken-kore-dizileri/

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

Netflix Reportedly Spends $700 Million to Bring More Korean Content for Us K-Drama/Film Lovers!

This is good news to Korean movie and drama lovers. 2021, indeed, is going to be a busy year for Korean content on Netflix!

More Korean dramas and films are coming our way! Netflix seems to be very open to the Korean genre as they are committed to bringing the Korean fans more and more content this year!

The famous streaming site reportedly spent $700 million (or 770 billion KRW) since 2015 to make those hit Korean shows available on their site, which includes "The King: Eternal Monarch,"... and more.

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119654/20210115/netflix-reportedly-spends-700-million-bring-more-korean-content.htm

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

Netflix: 10 Korean Dramas with Latin-Spanish Audio

January 18, 2021

AYU7NYRRRNE77OAY3UABTYIILM.jpg

From The King: Eternal Monarch to the latest releases, find out which Korean dramas are available and dubbed into Spanish.

Credits: Netflix / La República Newspaper Composition

A list of the most viewed K-Dramas with sound in Latin Spanish that you can find on the streaming service Netflix.

In this article, we'll compile a list of Korean dramas with Latin-Spanish sound that you can find on the Netflix streaming platform. We'll share details on content, number of chapters, official trailers and more ...

9. King: Eternal monarch.

A hit drama that marks the return of Lee Min Ho. After the K-drama ended, Netflix uploaded chapters dubbed into our language.

King: Eternal Monarch, actors

Lee Min Ho as Lee Gon
Kim Go Eun as Jung Tae Eul / Luna
Woo Do Hwan as Cho Eun Sub / Jo Young
Kim Kyung Nam as Kang Shin Jae
Jung Eun Chae as Goo Seo Ryung / Goo Eun Ah
Lee Jong Jin as Lee Rim
This is the trailer for the acclaimed series.

The King: Eternal Monarch | Official Teaser #1 | Netflix [ENG SUB]

https://youtu.be/DWRtVkheXVc

Translation from spanish google

https://larepublica.pe/cultura-asiatica/2020/09/19/kdramas-en-netflix-2020-los-mejores-doramas-coreanos-en-espanol-con-audio-latino/?ref=lre

• Like 1
  • Insightful 1

13 Hot Korean Actors Who Played Military Men In K-Dramas And Films

We loved seeing these men in military uniform

We’ve seen different types of men in K-Dramas—the dashing CEO, the heir of a chaebol, the prince or king from another era/universe, the doctor, the lawyer or prosecutor, etc. While we love our oppas in their portrayals of these characters, there’s a certain appeal with actors who play the gritty (or neat) and stern military men onscreen, and are especially attention-grabbing in their uniforms.

The most recent examples are Metro.Style cover star Hyun Bin and his role as North Korean military captain Ri Jeong-hyeok in Crash Landing on You and Lee Min-ho as King Lee Gon, who led a naval battle scene between the Kingdom of Corea and Japan, in The King: Eternal Monarch.

As we admire these men in military uniform, we’re serving you a list of Korean actors who took on this role in K-Dramas and films.

https://metro.style/people/celebrities/korean-actors-military-men-roles-kdramas-films/25512

• Like 1

Fashion Recap: 28 Most Stylish Characters In 2020 K-Dramas

2020 has been a whirlwind of surprises whether good or bad, and most of us are probably glad to bid goodbye to the year that was. But in K-dramaland, the last year has produced some of the best dramas that kept our stay-at-home days well worth it and helped us escape into captivating stories. Aside from epic pairings, heart-stopping narratives, and unforgettable moments, here’s a list of fashionable characters that have made a mark in 2020 K-dramas:

Glam Rivals

Lee Min Ho and Jung Eun Chae of “The King: Eternal Monarch”

These two characters may be fighting for a royal position, but it cannot be denied that their fashion looks like royalty. Lee Geon’s (Lee Min Ho) impeccably tailored custom suits make him look elegant no matter what universe, while Goo Seo Ryeong’s (Jung Eun Chae) sophisticated dresses and classy outfits add to her image of an ambitious, driven woman who will do anything to clinch power.

spacer.png

https://www.soompi.com/article/1449261wpp/fashion-recap-28-most-stylish-characters-in-2020-k-dramas

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

spacer.png

On video: Kim Jong Wan agrees to collaborate with Lee Min Ho and Lee Seung Gi on their music project

The third episode about Lee Min Ho and Lee Seung Gi's new art project features musician Kim Jong Wan from the band NELL, who becomes a new member of the team.

In the last two weeks, the famous artists Lee Min Ho and Lee Seung Gi , have shared on social networks their intentions to participate together in a musical project and the entire process they have been doing to achieve it, which is joined by musician Kim Jong Wan .

The latest video shows the artists meeting musician Kim Jong Wan , keyboardist and guitarist for the rock band NELL. In episode three aired on Leeminho film, the three artists chat about what they plan to do, while interacting and joking together. They finished up by taking a look at the details of the direction and execution of the project.

Kim Jong Wan is remembered for his work on the song Gravity, one of the pieces that were part of the Original Soundtrack (Original Soundtrack: OST) for the K-Drama The King: Eternal Monarch starring Lee Min Ho , and for his collaboration with Lee Seung Gi on his latest album titled The Project.

https://vader.news/k-dramas/En-video-Kim-Jong-Wan-acepta-colaborar-con-Lee-Min-Ho-y-Lee-Seung-Gi-en-su-proyecto-musical-20210124-0007.html

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Do you know what are the hot CP topics on Twitter in Thailand in 2020?

According to the official announcement of Thai Twitter, most Twitter users are more concerned about online entertainment topics in 2020, and most of the content is related to dramas.

Tweets about movie topics have been replaced by program tweets on certain streaming media platforms, such as Netflix, Line TV and GMM 25. The topic rate of Thai TV programs mentioned on Twitter has increased by 103% compared with the same period in 2019, and by 14% compared with the whole year of 2019.

...other TV dramas "The King Eternal Monarch", etc., are equally popular.

https://www.thaiheadlines.com/2020年在泰国推特上的热门cp话题有哪些,你知道吗?/

• Like 3
  • Blob 1

Review of the TV series King: Eternal Monarch

Baifern Jutamas
February 1, 2021

series-the-king-eternal-monarch.jpg

The King: Eternal Monarch is considered a huge hit in 2020 as it is the return of handsome Lee Min Ho to the silver screen. After serving in the army for 2 years according to the customs of South Korea. In this story, Lee Min Ho co-starred with actress Kim Go Eun in the science fiction and drama series The King: Eternal Monarch. Skip the scene where Lee Min Ho saddled Maximus on a white horse and found the gateway to a parallel universe. Let me tell you that this is a very worthwhile return.

"The King: Eternal Monarch" is written by the accomplished drama writer Kim Eun Suk. As you can see on Netflix, this show may not get much success, but it's a success. In this story, Lee Min Ho portrays a pretty perfect king and mesmerizes the audience. Although this series may not have international popularity. But it was also part of the Top10 series, which could be watched in many countries for several days. If you are in doubt or not sure whether to watch this series or not. Let's see why you need this series. 

King: Eternal Monarch

This captivating TV series is like a fairy tale and like the supernatural. As the story begins with Crown Prince Lee Gon (Lee Min Ho) as a child, sees with his own eyes that his uncle named Lee Rim killed his father, who was then serving as King Lee Rim (Lee Jong Jin), in an attempt to steal the magic flute. It was the pashikog, which was the kingdom's most valuable possession. But he can only lead half of them. When the prince became a handsome emperor, he discovered a parallel world.

It's amazing how he met a detective named Jung Tae Eul (Kim Go Eun), who became the first love in his life When Lee Gon set foot on the parallel earth He did not know the truth, his evil uncle Erim was waiting for him to pull out the other half of the magic flute to deal with this parallel world. We have to watch to see if Lee Gon completes his quest to avenge his father. Let me tell you, you can't miss this because it is so fun and fantastic.

Why should I watch The King: Eternal Monarch?

1. There is a parallel world connection in the series.

poster-the-king-eternal-monarch.jpg

King: The Eternal Monarch adapted the concept of multi-dimensional play, not just romantic stories. But also revenge This series revolves around the Emperor of the Kingdom of Korea. Lee Gon is the only witness to the death of his father at the hands of Erim's loyal uncle. Although he miraculously survived his childhood, Lee Gon believed that Lee Rim met his end. But not at all, because Lee Rim disappeared into a new world with a flute.

Manpachikog is about the connections between people in the world of the Kingdom of the Emperors of Korea and the Republic of Korea. This plot gives the main actor the opportunity to portray two different characters. But there is an exception for the character Lee Gon, where he only exists in one world. Let me tell you that the difference in character is worth your time.

2. This is Lee Min Ho's return.

If that's not enough, we don't know what else to offer. Because of this, Lee Min Ho returned to his acting career. After leaving the army As an actor, he proved himself to be an excellent actor in numerous acting projects such as "The Heirs", "The Legend of the Blue Sea" and "Boys over a Flower".

the-king-eternal-monarch-lee-min-ho.jpg

In The King: Eternal Monarch, we see Lee Min Ho in a different way. Because he will play the role of a very elegant white riding king. Suitable for the title "The Man Who Will Not Become Poor" because every role he played is a rich man. In this story, we see Lee Min Ho, a handsome 25-year-old emperor. Let me tell you that Lee Min Ho will not fail to impress fans with a more mature look in suits. Royal body with high collar. Which looks very elegant and attractive.

3. This is a series written by jeweler Kim Eun Suk.

Anyone who has seen Korean dramas probably knows the writer Kim Eun Suk. For those of you who don't know who she is, we have a quick guide that will tell you that Kim Eun Suk is a renowned writer in the Korean entertainment industry. She has written many popular dramas, including The Goblin, The Descendants and Descendants of the Sun, although to be honest, The King: Eternal Monarch is not her best work yet. But it was clear that she was trying to do something unique. This is the second time scriptwriters Kim Eun Sook and Lee Min Ho have collaborated. Because they used to work together on the TV series "Heirs".

Spoiler

Kim-Eun-Sook-1.png

Lee Min Ho talked about reuniting with the writer when the show started. Lee Min Ho admitted that he was happy because he felt he was taking on a more mature role than the first time he worked with her. While it may be a drama that opened up a whole new world for Korean dramas, the talent of the writer Kim Eun Sook did not disappoint.

4. There was a pretty strong female role.

This series differs from most Korean dramas, which features a gentle and weak female character. This series features a brave lead actress with high self-esteem. As for Kim Go Eun, she plays Detective Jung Tae Eul. Her fight scenes are amazing and she's a confident woman who doesn't fall for the rich prince Lee Gon's trap when they first meet. Instead, she arrested him for obstructing traffic.

Spoiler

The-King-Eternal-Monarch-by-Kim-Go-eun.j

Even in the royal family, there were powerful women such as the head of the court, No Ok Nam, who played a vital role in the life of the emperor, and her opinion was most important to the king. Besides her, Prime Minister Goo Seo Ryung is also a very strong person. She was the daughter of a successful fishmonger with her mind. But this clever beauty poses little threat to the future king in the final episode.

5. Woo Do Hwan starred in a drama before serving in the military.

In the story, Woo Do Hwan plays the bodyguard of Emperor Yogon Cho Young and the modern Cho Eun Soba, a civil servant in the Civil Service Directorate of the Royal Thai Police. For this, many people want to match Lee Ho Wan and Lee Min Ho because they have very good chemistry.

Spoiler

Woo-Do-Hwan-left-the-series.jpg

Woo Do Hwan is an actor who played a supporting role in the drama. However, there were times when he caught Lee Min Ho's attention. After episodes 7 and 8, he plays Captain Jo Young in the Kingdom of Korea. When he visits the Republic of Korea, he meets Cho Eun Seb, his dual universe. The interaction between the two characters is incredibly beautiful, and it's the same actor playing the roles of both seamlessly, the last series before joining the military for 2 years.

Most fans of the series agree that The King: Eternal Monarch is a very promising series. Details of each scene The frame elements and color of the images will enchant the series. What will be the fate of King Lee Gon? Will Jung Tae Eul leave his world and become the queen of the Korean kingdom? Is Lee Gon's fate consistent with his fate as the presiding judge said? Or is it a trap You will need to find the answer for The King: Eternal Monarch, 16 episodes in total available via Netflix streaming.

Translation from Thai google

https://bestreview.asia/tv/series-the-king-eternal-monarch

Edited by nina_mitrokhina
  • Like 1
  • Blob 1