[Official] Kookmin Clan

Admin

1 hour ago, Rida Live said:

I know, I'm happy to see them team up again. Hope the PD won't pull what he did in the Jinyoung episode and not even show their team work and do general games instead of team games. Because I see them being less uptight with kookmin content on the show these days

what do you mean with jinyoung episode? What did they do? I couldn’t set it apart from Hong jin young or jinyoung of got7. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, jialinggoleong said:

what do you mean with jinyoung episode? What did they do? I couldn’t set it apart from Hong jin young or jinyoung of got7. 

Got7 Jinyoung. They were in a team along with Jinyoung and another guest but we never saw any team game. The water game that they played in that episode was cut.

• Like 1

I saw the IG post from one of Somin's fan. It showed the post of Kang Tae-Oh and Somin confined in the room. After Tae Oh's confession, Somin asked him if he would marry someone who looks like Yondu. (Somin is so cute when she asked). I have to say Somin's very straightforward and crazy. 

However, it dawn on me that Jong Kook was the one who told Somin to wear these kind of weird makeups for the show like he called her female comedian. Like how everyone teased Kwangsoo about. And Jong Kook did say that he finds female comedians charming in later episode to placate Somin's confidence as variety performer. Somin in a way seems to be more confident after Jong Kook's remarks. He asked to go further so she could get more trending or screen time. It does look like he's willing to marry her even though she does stuff like that. He was her biggest encouragement to perform that way. 

Back to Somin's question to Tae-oh, I thought of Jong kook about this too. =) She could have asked TaeOh which part he likes about her in general or etc. I was wondering why she asked this kind of question directly if he would marry her if she puts on YonDu make up. =) Jong Kook was the one who encouraged her to do these kind of make up. I think he likes her that way to make him laugh or see her with admiration. I dont know why somin asked this kine of question to Tae-oh. And Jong Kook kept on telling her that she may look cute.  She looks like she is accepting it because Jong Kook likes it. She seems not to mind this time doing all these stuff to make him laugh. It does show that Jong Kook is pushing her to go out of her comedic limits like dancing weirdly for her role as Oh Dal Su. He laughed at her antics. It helped her to step out of comfort zone. Somin's always worried if she step out of boundary, no one would like or marry her. Jong kook kept on encouraging her like he is taking responsibility to push her limits and her image as comedian for the show. She seem to trust him for a reason. Jong kook knows her very well that may not make her attractive but to let her inner beauty and sense of humour to shine from within. He seems to know her better than most people. It looks like she is at the point of realising that her true love would love the way she is even though she put on silly make up for the show. =) 

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1

I enjoyed this episode, we got some interesting kookmin situations :P I think Somin kinda killed the Sechan x Somin loveline by saying Sechan is between her and Jae-Hong, I’m not sure they will continue it but will see. This was filmed after the awards in which we all know Chanmin didn’t win the award so maybe it will change things. 

My understanding was that another episode was filmed before the kookmin team episode that was filmed on the 31 of December, I wonder what happened to that episode or if they will show it later? 

• Like 4
  • Insightful 1

1 hour ago, HappyVirusRM said:

I enjoyed this episode, we got some interesting kookmin situations :P I think Somin kinda killed the Sechan x Somin loveline by saying Sechan is between her and Jae-Hong, I’m not sure they will continue it but will see. This was filmed after the awards in which we all know Chanmin didn’t win the award so maybe it will change things. 

My understanding was that another episode was filmed before the kookmin team episode that was filmed on the 31 of December, I wonder what happened to that episode or if they will show it later? 

What makes Chan-min loveline interesting to me is because Jong kook got in the way. But Chan-min loveline is actually more of skits and cheesy lines. It is very similar to Monday Couple. It is important for members to perform with the guests. Members have to help to promote the guest more than themselves. It is part of the show's strategy to gain more viewers and attract more guests to join the show. It is sharing and exposing more fanbases. 

Tae-oh, Jin Young, and Jae-Hong loveline for Somin is part of their decision to choose who has more screen time or trends for the show. Somin was the one who promoted loveline for Jin young and Jae-Hong long ago. A lot of fans like Jin Young. Jae-Hong was in commercial with Somin before. 

I observed the latest episode with Jae-Hong in it. Jae-Hong tricked Somin to join the team but later on he got into new team and was happy to end up with Sechan and HaHa. Jae-Hong knows Somin likes him.  Look at Somin trying to get into Jae-Hong's team, Jae-Hong tried to push somin into the car letting her think he will join her. Jong Kook came back and push Somin to the car but went back to grab HaHa from leaving. It was so funny to see HaHa trying to escape from the car with Jong Kook's dismay. Jong Kook came back to pushed Somin into the car. Jae Hong already ran away after seeing Somin pushed into the car with Jong Kook. Somin continues to act on Jae-Hong loveline bickering with Jong kook. I wonder why she didn't run away to chase after Jae Hong. She is strong and can do anything she wants but she lets Jong Kook lead her. Kim Sun Oh joined them because Jae-Hong just left. He seems to fill in whatever it is. Somin was having cute banter with Jong kook about Jae-Hong. Jong Kook's gestures towards somin is quite heart fluttering. He called her several times. It is second time Jong kook butt in Somin's lovelines. First was Chan-min now Jae-Hong-loveline. Hehe. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Have people ever wonder how close JSM and YJS relationship?

JSM to YJS- she tell everything, she tell that she is with AJH, she tell that she team up with YSC

JSM to LKS- she lied LOL

JSM to YSC- we didnt get to hear they conversation but JSM tone when she think LKS is YSC is really friend tone, a serious tone LOL

JSM to KJK- unavaible beep beep beep LOL:sweatingbullets:

Imagine this situation.

you're woman, in relationship, owner of coffee shop. One day, one of your customer is happen to be your crush/ideal type, that guy invited you to have a cup of coffee with no doubt you agree it right way. (i make it short) in the middle having a cup of coffee, suddenly you get a call from your dearly jealous BF, will you accept the call or (reject the call) just let it ring or you mute the phone? ofcourse you will reject it cause you dont want to ruined anything that good turn into bad thing  :D

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

31 minutes ago, andaer kim said:

Have people ever wonder how close JSM and YJS relationship?

JSM to YJS- she tell everything, she tell that she is with AJH, she tell that she team up with YSC

JSM to LKS- she lied LOL

JSM to YSC- we didnt get to hear they conversation but JSM tone when she think LKS is YSC is really friend tone, a serious tone LOL

JSM to KJK- unavaible beep beep beep LOL:sweatingbullets:

Imagine this situation.

you're woman, in relationship, owner of coffee shop. One day, one of your customer is happen to be your crush/ideal type, that guy invited you to have a cup of coffee with no doubt you agree it right way. (i make it short) in the middle having a cup of coffee, suddenly you get a call from your dearly jealous BF, will you accept the call or (reject the call) just let it ring or you mute the phone? ofcourse you will reject it cause you dont want to ruined anything that good turn into bad thing  :D

Haha. That is so cute!! Somin and Jong kook are already close. Jaesuk, Kwangsoo, and Sechan are very close to Somin too. Somin went to Jong Kook's solo concert and sang her song with her. They had heart fluttering moments during concert time. It does show their friendship is next level. Imagine how many times they have to meet together to practice signing. It was also after Jaesuk made marriage comment on Jong Kook and Somin as well. We saw Jong Kook putting his arms around Somin twice during the Ganes Film Festival episode. The two are close. We cannot tell if they are dating or etc. But we could tell that they are very close. 

Then during Jae-Hong's episode, Somin react with Jaesuk as her older oppa to tell him everything. With Sechan and Kwangsoo- her makane friends who she like to trick them into anything. But Jong Kook, unmarried, and possible her future husband, but close friend, she didn't answer. If she is just friends with him, she could always tell him how excited she is to team up with Jae Hong. Not answering his calls sort of telling that SOmin didn't want to tell him the truth or prank him either. She wasn't sure how to deal with him. Does she not want let Jong Kook sway her thoughts? When Jong Kook pushed SOmin into the car, she was like sort of hesitating to get in the car like she is torn in between Jae-Hong and Jong Kook. Jong Kook push her in the car, she gave it up easily. And just to continue JaeHong Loveline, she did lovely banter with Jong Kook. It feels like SOmin is secretly happy to be with Jong Kook. She just talk and whine. Jong Kook just replied to convince her that Jae Hong tricked her with a tone sort of scolding and jealous. I think Somin likes this kind of gesture Jong Kook tried hard to put Somin in his team. =) 

• Like 2
  • Love 4

In this episode I kinda think there are 2 hidden meanings about Chanmin.

1st is Sechan chosen to be "Kookmin actor" and at the end, he chose to be outed by Jongkook (i.e. JK removed SC's role in Chanmin loveline which prevents Kookmin).

2nd is the conversation between Somin and Jaesuk where she said that Sechan became unwanted between her relationship/ became former loveline that needs to be removed :D. The interesting thing is PD chose to show this conversation between Yoomin which I found not necessary/relevant to the course of gathering team members. I think every RM member called each other and PD only chose the most interesting to show. Every other calles were to gather members or trick them, but Yoomin call was kinda out of space. So I think RM PD is doing things to tone down Chanmin.

• Like 3
  • Insightful 3

14 minutes ago, happysmile89 said:

In this episode I kinda think there are 2 hidden meanings about Chanmin.

1st is Sechan chosen to be "Kookmin actor" and at the end, he chose to be outed by Jongkook (i.e. JK removed SC's role in Chanmin loveline which prevents Kookmin).

2nd is the conversation between Somin and Jaesuk where she said that Sechan became unwanted between her relationship/ became former loveline that needs to be removed :D. The interesting thing is PD chose to show this conversation between Yoomin which I found not necessary/relevant to the course of gathering team members. I think every RM member called each other and PD only chose the most interesting to show. Every other calles were to gather members or trick them, but Yoomin call was kinda out of space. So I think RM PD is doing things to tone down Chanmin.

I thought Chan-min loveline is to help Somin to leave her play girl persona. And it allowed Jong kook to butt in since he is also close to Se-Chan. It was Somin who created the loveline to get Sechan to speak up or act it up. Sechan does not even want to do it at all. He was more reluctant than Jihyo towards Gary for monday couple. She gradually accepted the role over the time but she is still reluctant to be part of it. However, Sechan seems to be reluctant but played along like a skit. Sechan gained more screen time because of that. However Sechan is reluctant for another reason that happens way before Jong Kook butted in. He at first said to Jaesuk that he'll be in trouble for teasing Chan-min loveline. We wondered what Sechan is talking about. Jong kook started to butt in slowly, and we sort of realised who Sechan was afraid of. The harder Jong kook tried to pretend to promote Chan-min loveline, Sechan revealed the truth little by little. The torture was driving Sechan crazy. Somin, Jong Kook, and Jaesuk were all torturing Sechan with this loveline. And by the end of the year, Jaesuk blurted out strange comment about Chan-min loveline with Kook-min's marriage. 

After Tae-oh's confession. Somin is back to her playgirl image. There are a lot of trends and news going on about it. It helped Tae-oh's exposure to media giving him more star power. Running man's strategy is to promote the guests and their movies. Whatever Running Man say something, they have to make it trending. It helps to advertise to bring more guests and combine the fanbase exposure. Then Jae-Hong came in to picture, Somin is still expected to continue her playgirl persona. But with Jong Kook knowing Somin like Jae-Hong, he still thrust her into her team and sitting next to her in the car and scolding her. Somin return as playful banter with Jong Kook. It makes their chemistry even stronger. It is something that is out of blue that Jong Kook forced Somin in the team. However, we will have to see next Sunday to see why Jong kook put Somin in his team or Jae-Hong moving to another team with Sechan and HaHa. It seems to be planned out beforehand. Somin is very important part of Jae-Hong's strategy for screen time. However, it seems strange of how Jong kook deals with the situation because he doesn't usually do that. He goes like whatever you like or push you to whoever you like, like the way he did to sechan. He was a brother somin before. Now he is little strange, possessive but cute oppa. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, JialingGO said:

However, we will have to see next Sunday to see why Jong kook put Somin in his team or Jae-Hong moving to another team with Sechan and HaHa. 

The four guests were the team leaders and they were asked to draw members name randomly to be in their teams during the opening. Its a lottery. Kim seung oh draws kookmin names to be in his team. So it is not planned beforehand actually. Its funny that among all the members he choose Somin & KJK randomly:lol:. Ahn jae hong draws Sechan & Haha names. So, that's how all of them team up. Its a fate for kookmin to be in one team in this ep:D.

• Like 6

@CameliaLady First off, I love your name lol. It reminds me of the Jeju episode in 2018. My thoughts are similar to yours, in the sense that kookmin are still in the flirting phase and not yet in a relationship. However, these days I'm starting to think the opposite (these are just my speculations);

For some reason I feel they started dating after the fan meet. Not only because of the confession song but mainly because of slight changes in their interactions and reactions. The Chanmin loveline started before the fanmeet, kjk had more genuine reactions to it back then. He rarely teased, which is completely KJK's style. He doesn't interfere with things like that. But all of a sudden he's this advocate for everything love on the show? And he plays out the love line in a very weird way I must say, in a way that screams scripted, he's not suave about it to make it appear natural. He puts it out there for everyone to know it is just that, a loveline.

Kookmin's vibe also changed after the fanmeet and confession song was aired. The first two episodes that were shot after it aired (ep 471 and 472); 471 was shot a day after it aired and 472 was shot 2 days after. It is from episode 472 that kookmin have the same post up on their Instagram. Normally Somin post pictures he takes of her alone but this time around, he uploads himself taking a picture of her while using a tease caption to throw everyone off the fact that first of all, he was taking a picture of her on his phone and secondly, he is posting himself taking a picture of her on his phone. Also in the Anyang episode they were absolutely adorable, like the vibe between them was so lovely and that's how it has been till now. Ep 471 was mostly him helping her team which again is not kjk like. He usually stays out of things like that, he's the one that said he doesn't like unnatural things. There is nothing more unnatural than helping another team win on RM lol, it's even more unnatural than cheating. He's the type that doesn't interfere in others missions, even during the usual lunch fight for food and everyone's a mess, he just eats his food and pays them no mind which I find hilarious. That Jong kook was the one helping their team throughout the race simply because she asked him to and was even tricked by the others when they used her name to bait him. They used to also be very vocal about their meetups early last year. On her video live on Instagram, she publicly asked him to meet up for coffee. On his MUD show too, they were making plans to meet up. They may have been platonic then and dating now or they may have been platonic then and platonic now. But kookmin's interactions from earlier last year to the second half of last year had a slight shift in it. And this was noticeable after the confession song which is why many of us think it's most likely for him. It's obvious they still hang out a lot now but unless you piece together bits of their conversation, you won't know. Like we can say she drinks with Haha now based on what she said in ep 479 about his drunk habits but the only person adding to that conversation was kjk not even the maknaes. So 3 of them hangout together too and no one knew that, so I'm sure they meet up a lot. Plus they even sang together, that must have required lots of practice, since they even had their little choreography for it lol.

I think if they are dating, the cast would know. Not all of them, someone like jsj might be clueless lol. But yjs would definitely know, he and jsm are close. There is no way the maknaes won't know (lks and ysc) and Haha would definitely know too. Byul wasn't on the same show as Haha, it was easy to keep that a secret. Kjk and jsm are on the same show and they see the members every week. The members would obviously know if they were dating. Acting on and off screen would be too burdensome on them and even from members reactions it's obvious something is up between the two (I shall stand corrected and apologise is nothing is up lol). Let's not even talk about Haha's awkward and statue like silence, like he was in the middle of them and they were talking and laughing and he behaved like no one was around him lol. How can anyone not suspect that?? Like that's the most unnatural thing he has pulled on the show. Even lks is very careful and to an extent it's understandable why yjs is the only one that has brought them up. Yjs is more calculated in his ad libs and tease. Haha and lks are the reckless type, they just blurt whatever out which makes then hilarious and could be why they are extra cautious when the topic is brought up. Instead of speaking and saying the wrong thing which could be edited but at the same time could ruin that scene and cut it off, they'd rather just keep quiet and let yjs, the Nation's MC play it out. When yjs brought up the marriage joke, you could see lks being careful about his statement, he'd just blurt it out normally but he was careful that time. Also like we have said before while yjs mentioning the possibility of marraige is in no way an indication that they are together, it also doesn't mean they aren't. Him bringing it up could actually be the best to make people think it's a joke and divert attention off them and also make it not look like the show is hiding something. The problem is he's too late with it and they've been hiding and ignoring their interactions for too long on the show that it has already gotten so suspicious; jsm has a loveline with Sechan but everyone is noticing her and kjk instead. You can't hide real chemistry. Yjs bringing up kookmin is because it would be too weird not too. He literally just said that they were going to sing her love song together alone at his concert and then he's trying to bring up her loveline and kjk is the same person that's in the middle of it by commenting. It's like he's literally around her all the time and everyone pretends otherwise. Him bringing it up was refreshing actually because if he doesn't put moments like this and kookmin actually do announce they are dating or getting married, RM would just be thought of as one bring script with no ounce of honesty in it. While people are okay with variety personalities and all, they are really sensitive when it comes to relationships. So making them look like they were never attracted to eachother and putting her in another lovleine just for them to say otherwise won't look good on the show and may cause heavy backlash. And I think they are starting to realise it themselves. 

The fact that they don't deny whenever they are put together could either mean, they are already dating or they want to date eachother (flirting phase). Like you  his reaction to the finger touch saga in this bus was also intresting. But I don't think it's because he thinks ysc and jsm are romantically involved. Theirs is the fakest loveline ever lol. I mean in the beginning, the whole JSM's mother likes him line helped it look more natural but they over played it and ysc always panics and denies it everytime for it to even be a possibility. I just think kjk really wasn't expecting it. You could see him smiling already waiting to hear her punch line so he could tease and add to it but instead she says ysc was touching her fingers. He's like "Nope, f this. I draw the line at skinship". And if you notice for a long while, the only male member she does skinship with is kjk (it used to be with the maknae line before).  The man didn't even let jsj put his arm around her ( he just made all the forbidden couple fans sad:lol:). He hugs her, can't resist a victory hand shake with her (even while they were banned from doing it lol), embraces her around the shoulders in a way that she's leaning on him. She too easily feels him up (his clothes, no dirty thoughts lol) like she has been doing it forever, she also leans on him with so much comfort and trust. So yeah his reaction was definitely that of, wow this is teww much, lol.

For my sanity, I'd like to believe they are still single but very much interested in eachother. But their actions make we want to ring wedding bells sometimes :wub:.

• Like 6
  • Love 6
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

6 hours ago, MandelBrot said:

They are speaking about business couple and song jihyo/gary monday couple and little more...

this is better :P

Somin with JongKook- Somin always came up first to create something to erase awkwardness between them especially after fortune telling event (also the passing of JongHyun that contributed Jong Kook's aloofness). She make kook-min cross. Jong Kook always show his true surprise or expression whether he like or not. Somin was not going to let it stop her. Not quite. She did it delicately to cheer him up whether he like or not. Jong Kook is not good with acting or reacting to create variety sake. He really does take it seriously. He was surprised with Somin's creativity not realising she was trying to cheer him up or try to work with him. I have to say that she handles it well. Somin surprisingly figured him out so well. Jong Kook was so grumpy and she kept on cheering on going against his negative feelings and comments. He was still holding grudges for giving him low grade. According to Korean fan, it may be possibly the passing of JongHyun. However, Jong Kook was not getting any of it from Somin. She is very quick witted when she goes opposite from his role, to be his white knight. I was surprised with her fast thinking. It completely changed Jong Kook. His consciousness has tilted over opened his eyes trying to prevent her from going into cold water. His reaction is not scripted. He was annoyed but later on got little amused. He wasn't used to dealing with quick witted girl. This was one of the precious experience for Kook-min moment. They had quite lot of moments before she gave him low grade on his christmas memories. Not only Somin shined in it, it had woken Jong Kook's other side he had been hiding from us for a long time. Not only he is caring tough man as variety persona. It was his real self Somin was able to get it out from him. And it wasn't first time she did it for him. Before that, she had him to reveal his cheesy stuff when he said the things to his girlfriend. She interrogates him several questions and it got more interesting. Another one is YeoBo skit when they were married couple, and somin had to wipe the towel she wiped from the floor. It had been a thought for her that it must be hard to be his wife. So she did certain things to learn more about him whether he is going to react funny or tell the truth. He did. He told the truth and played along as a husband. It is more of real him. Then he prepared to get into the role when Sechan, Jihyo, and HaHa joined in. Jong Kook was aware and it doesn't sound like real him but more of his variety persona. Another one was when Somin was able to bring tears within few seconds. Jong Kook was surprised to see her being able to do it. Somin jokingly said it was because of him, Jong Kook. He just took it teensy bit seriously. She brushed it off. It may have stuck in his mind how he build his persona to influence her perspective about him. I said it for a reason because he is now very different from his old persona. Their interactions have changed and influenced each other. Somin had changed a lot too from Jong Kook. Somin seems to be more well balanced, witty, and serious with the game like Jong kook. Jong kook learned to be more spontaneous, embrace penalties, and willing to share his real soft side of him (he talked about how he loves taking pictures of his girlfriend, looking at her while she was watching tv, keeping all the letters his ex send him - a lot of them were written and kept, his jeju-do experience, and etc).  It was so natural- kook-min natural chemistry had been made through out the show. No one tried to make it loveline. It wasn't loveline. It was a journey of their beautiful friendship that could make them a couple one day. 

Sechan's reaction to Somin's loveline is different from Jong Kook. It is natural way of responding his best friend or good friend he sees as a sister or long time friend acting as weird girl in love with him. Sechan has been with somin for few years before coming to running man. They had all the chance to develop close friendship that could develop romantic relationship. Somin is doing all of sudden in public, and he was shuddered every time she made a declaration. It is in public and embarrassing. He went along but still hesitated to do it. A lot of us can tell it was forced. It was hard on Sechan, but Somin too because she always said that she doesn't love Sechan enough to marry him. Somin seems to feel she owe Sechan for being her support when they both came to running man. They shared the burden together. Somin won two awards while Sechan didn't yet. He even got drunk about it. Somin decided to give her friend a boost. It was nice of her and running man members to help along. It did help a bit but sechan did well with witty games- acoustic poems and quiz games. He really shines on that. Jihyo even felt more comfortable and learned from him that she could pick a role like female version of Sechan when it comes to quizzes. (Jihyo is smart lady - she got tax accounting degree). She seems to have more collective memories or had some kind of health situation that she needs to sleep more to be able to function. (The doctor advises her to sleep more otherwise her health will not recover if she doesn't have enough sleep. He said never to wake her up if she sleeps very soundly. She can even sleep for 48 hours). Everyone had their on cases, and it is understandable. Some build their roles or persona based on their flaws. Jihyo lack of sleep is part of her famous and cute persona. Being blank at the moment with Sechan will be her another persona she could add. Sechan is smart because to be a comedian, it is darn hard to make one laugh. It is very difficult but needs WHOLE a lot of brain and wits to create such comedy every week especially for gag concert. It helped Sechan to improve his screen time. Somin quick wittiness had brought sechan some screen time and attention. Now Jong kook getting involved with chan-min screen time is planned but his reaction and acting to it sort of failed on him!  Maybe he is tricking us. However, the love triangle is getting more popular than chan-min itself. A lot of Korean netizens even recognise it more like Monday couple skits or skits like loveline. 

The way RM is trying to promote loveline with Chan-min is rather like business strategy. It didn't have gradual growing chemistry but small cute moments that creates a funny and witty skit. Kook-min chemistry was never made into loveline no matter how they give a lot of signals. Some say it is just kook-min siblings because loveline wasn't mentioned. Jaesuk kept on joking on marriage, son-in-law, she is your girlfriend, and etc remarks. It could have been one of official loveline. However, Spartace is probably the reason to prevent it from branded. However, we often hear they we shouldn't always believe in what variety says. So we will have to see how it goes... it is still a long way to go to develop our analysis and more stuff to see. I wish the best for all members, and our kook min! 

• Like 4
  • Love 3

54 minutes ago, uNiQueEkiX said:

In my opinion, KJK look pleased when KimSungOh mention that he and JSM are on the same team. :smirk:
Like "are you for real? do not excite me for nothing"

Lol yeah he was. He's like really? The PD allowed it??

• Like 2
  • LOL 1

14 hours ago, CameliaLady said:

Hi again :D I was a silent lurker for sometime but finally decided to join this forum to share my opinion on kookmin. 

I’m mainly focusing my post on kkj’s reaction to the finger tapping incident. I tried to come up with different theories to make sense of it because to me thus far that has been the most telling of all reactions from kjk that he has a ‘thing’ (already aware? or subconscious) for jsm. 

<spoiler>

- My initial suspicion was kookmin were directors that jsm deliberately didn’t answer to sabotage the mission. That aroused suspicion among members and she had to come up with a lie that the members would buy. Hence she framed innocent ysc. But it turned out kookmin were just actors. If they were the directors then we can think of the whole kjk-jsm interaction as them both panicking and working to make jsm’s cover up story believable. From what I understood, jsm didn’t understand her role as an actor playing director instead thought she was one of the directors until after the trial which got her eliminated. So if we are to think she purposely failed the mission and lied because she thought she was a director, logical, innocent actor kjk would have accused jsm of lying immediately. I mean how is it possible that he believed she was saying the truth even for the sake of variety? He knows the kind of guy ysc is and he could have kept his reaction minimal if he wanted to appear to have believed it. But no, he is the only one showing utter disbelief and condemnation throughout the entire incident. Even if it was an accidental touch jsm blew up for whatever reason his reaction is not normal. So the question is why did he react in such an extra manner? In addition to him possibly developing feelings for jsm, I thought of another reason (maybe too far-fetched for some of you). Kjk doesn’t like to get romantically involved with people who have history with people whom he is close to (said in one of MUD episodes). So MAYBE even at the slightest indication that things might be progressing to something that could lead to a real life love relationship or to something not so necessary for an on-screen loveline at this point in time, he may have wanted  to prevent it from happening in the future? 

Sometimes we forgot the past more when we focus on present too much. We often questioned after they revealed a lot of interactions to put us with curiosity from their real intentions on and off show. If you read between Jaesuk's marriage comment-- he and most of the members do not like surprises or twists representing how the fans would feel about Kook-min and chan-min loveline. Spartace could be the reason to prevent it to become loveline. K-Netizens have openly express hating loveline (it did break Jihyo's relationship with her CEO boyfriend, and Gary disappearing from them cutting all ties to them), and declared and loved Kook-min as siblings early on. Few of them said it could become couple up to their own accord. They never really wanted them to be official loveline. If you watch MUD, did you see the pattern of why Somin is sparsely mentioned but was shown often. I won't go on in details with it but if you look at it, she wasn't a person of interest to talk about, but the way the filmed her especially Jong Kook's solo concert, Somin was filmed in a lovely way. It goes same thing for not wanting them to be official loveline for special reason. Look at Jinyoung- very business strategy like to get her to join MUD. With Jong Kook's help, they finally did. We dont know what is going on in private life. Jong kook is still ongoing with Spartace loveline. Now... with Somin's interactions with Jong kook, do you think Jong Kook is dating someone in real life for creating so many lovelines and chemistry? He is more loyal than we thought. He does hide things for a good reason, but I wouldn't think he would go that far with Somin if he is dating someone privately. If he is single, there are many points that he allow his feelings to go with a flow without knowing. He is little desperate because of his age. He is getting relentless this time. So he must have gone far to change his stubborn as mule or pickiness to allow more openness to let this come for him to choose. Somin came in a right timing and her persistence and personality is something that fits well with Jong Kook. And with coincidence, they have a lot of things in common- they are both like sentimental stuff, music, and cheesy with romance. It does surprise Jong Kook. He does look surprise to find out how Somin loves to write poems or letter. We later learned in MUD that he likes sentimental stuff and writing letters. When she read her poem, his face looked at her with interest.

In my opinion, I think Somin always like Jong Kook long before she met him. I think she decided to bravely open up to him after 2018 fortune telling forecast. Jong kook started to build his feelings for her after he joined her clan and revealed her secret. I think he started to realise wonderful things that attracts him about somin when he found out that she didn't reveal his secret. That time, they are platonic in next level extinguishing the indifference. Somin has always been straightforward and brave. She asked him out for coffee after sechan mentioned it. It could be a cover but look at Jong Kook's reaction towards it. He gets antsy not wanting Somin to get the wrong idea. It is probably their first date ever. He is shy though. We dont know if they still keep doing it.... but somin did IG live that she asked Jong kook for coffee hangout again. Okay, maybe they tried to burn up public's interest. But here is a thing, look at the date Jong Kook tried to set Somin up with Jong Min. Jong kook quickly made a call to Somin without prepping Jong Min. He was so funny listening to every word HaHa advised him. Jong Min was surprised with Jong Kook's way of speeding up the situation that he didn't want to make it successful. And Somin ended the call with a twist. And why does Jong Kook look uncomfortable that Jong Min got suspicious? Jong Kook's answers were never straightforward like his variety persona. There are a lot of excuses. HaHa had to speak it up for him. But still it is not clear. HaHa did admit that the two are very close. So it could be more than just indifferent platonic friendship. 

The intimate dance for Korean fan meet-- Lya can always change the couple dance movement to less intimate. She is a great choreographer and can come up with fantastic moves. Jong Kook was smiling during the demonstration like he could imagine himself doing it with somin over and over again in our delusional mind. But he was smirking a bit. Somin does opposite like most women do, they said they dont like it but secretly they do. She was so bashful and tense. Jong Kook, who had bad back, was encouraging her. Okay, both of them are being professional but the dance-- it was very intimate. I dont see him doing it during his younger days and other variety shows. I mean in public as well. It is not like him. It could tell us he is single but dancing like that... it may mean something. And confession Song- it sounds like she is shouting out for a man who likes her but does not know or want to confess yet. Life is short. Just kiss her!  Jong Kook is very infamous for hiding his feelings even though he has interest, but won't start courtship. Women have to do all the work. Jong Kook said he never ever pursue anyone before. Women always come to him easily. We sort of think it was for Jong Kook but we brush it off on and off. If it is for Sechan, she already made three year proposal. So it must be someone else who is stubborn as a mule and slow. Our interest dawn again when Kook-min sang confession song together. 

After the fan meet, Jong Kook opened up quite a bit. He asked Somin to come stand next to him. Sukijin was asking why Somin was in a bad mood. Jong Kook stepped up to change the subject. In that same episode, he said he found Somin more charming after he got to know her more. They were talking about setting up date for Somin. He just bought a nice compliment for her. Kwangsoo will always kill the whole sweetness reminding us that he avoided her from beginning. It started to get more and more obvious leaving Jaesuk, the nation's MC to figure it out how to deal with this. Chan-min loveline was one of the way to push back to bring distraction. He would never try to make it to loveline. Knetizens wouldn't like it either. He knows Chan-min was forced. Later on, Jong Kook got into the mess with Chan-min loveline. No matter how many times Jaesuk tried to divert the attention from Kook-min, Jong Kook kept on trying little too hard to support Chan-min. It gets funnier because Sechan did blurt out the truth little by little. You said he is only explaining to Jong kook because he was the one who asked. You may be right. Other than morse tapping incident, there are other incident like Sechan revealed coffee date between kook min. If you see the korean fan meet, Jong Kook was whispering Somin's ear, Sechan facial and body language went into like "oops, sorry to bother you lovebirds." His expression was like when we saw our best friend talking to her crush. We would walk backwards and hide from them. Sechan was giving silent vibes between the two earlier. The coffee truck, sechan revealed and even told Somin privately that it was the other guys who did it. Why would you tell your friend privately that the two did it. I mean, is sechan like the one who put his cute picture with Somin to woo her? And why do I see Jong Kook and HaHa's picture on it below. Jong Kook makes everything suspicious, and it seems like he knows it. 

- Moving on to the next important point I wanted to share, I personally don’t think kookmin is in a romantic relationship (yet). They both or one of them more than the other (kjk?) may have feelings/ interest in the other but it’s subconscious (But why i do i ship them is because i see so much potential in them becoming each other’s romantic interest/ partner). I believe most of their reactions towards each other (more for kjk since he’s the one prominently dropping hints with his reactions) are triggered at a subconscious level hence those are easily slipped without them knowing (For instance interesting responses from kjk such as ‘somehow i left an impression on jsm mom’, ‘it’s a relief that jsm’s mom considers me a potential son-in-law’, ‘jsm’s brother would be pressured to have me around’). I think if they are aware of their interest in each other and have let it develop into something beyond just feeling they would be very protective of it and consciously would try to act indifferent/ platonic.

You mention that you dont think Kook-min are in a romantic relationship- In public eye, they dont tend to show it until they announce marriage. So it takes a lot of researching or picking up  their body language and movements and situation to try to analyse their mindset.There are many hints especially after the korean fanmeet.

Regarding what’s said about members knowing the nature of their relationship/ feelings. I highly doubt it. If we were assume they are romantically involved I would assume they would keep it private. Remember Haha only introduced Byul to his close friends including kjk n yjs only after deciding to marry Byul. Until he himself introduced her as his fiancée at his dad’s b’day party? no body not even kjk had a clue. He simply thought she was also close colleague of his who was invited to celebrate the occasion. In one of the MUD episodes Haha guested they bring up that story and kjk said he was shocked and kinda felt betrayed. Reason being sometime before that introduction Haha was saying things like it would be nice to have a gf to get married because they are of age and quite established. Kjk had agreed but thinking of it as only a possibility, just enjoying the thought of it. But to Haha at that point it was a reality that would come true very soon. Then when Haha finally broke the news of dating and marriage Kjk felt a bit betrayed/ upset. So even though Haha is one of the closest longest standing friends kjk has he kept his relationship that he was serious about from kjk. RM members sure are a family. But even within a family individual privacy is an entitlement which is respected.

It is very possible the members entertained the thought privately that they could get together someday based on their on/ off screen interactions but I don’t think they would try to push it subtly but openly on the show to make kookmin realize their feelings or make progress with their relationship. 

Also remember that they do not have time to meet up after work to get to know each other. They have to develop it during work to contribute their closeness off screen. Jihyo also said that she does not hang out with Gary after work. Even Jaesuk has a family of his own with his heavy workload, he wouldn't be able to spend time with his running man colleagues. Kwangsoo often hang out with his long time actor friends. They develop it more from work than their off screen lives. I think Kwangsoo and Jihyo developed on screen interaction that brings them closer in real life. That is probably reason that we weren't able to catch their real nature of their relationship. 

HaHa and Jong Kook situation and personalities are different. The difference is that, HaHa and Byul didn't work together in public eye during their courtship. They did show they were dating but their timing for their marriage is very quick. One main factor was that Byul's father passed away, and HaHa was a chief mourner for her family. In Korean/Chinese custom, any marriage or occasion must complete within 100 days after the death. Otherwise after that, they to have to wait for few years of mourning meaning no wedding, birthdays, or celebration depending on a person. My cousin had to marry within 100 days after my grandfather's death. After that, no wedding or any occasions for three years of mourning. Then we strip the black strip of mourning, and burn it in remembrance of our filial piety. That explains their quick timing. 

Also look at Jong Kook's timing now, he is very in hurry to get married. He wants to get married so bad but he does want to make sure he marries to a right person. He is very desperate. He would do anything to tame down his stubbornness or pickiness. The fortune teller advised him to drop that mindset too, and open it up. 

That marriage statement (and other seemingly bold statements from yjs) to me is just a joke. Why not say dating instead marriage, well marriage is the final step in a love affair so a marriage news would be the most shocking, would have the biggest impact as a joke. Additions like ‘sometime’ after he asked kjk if he likes jsm and  ‘your actions are funny’ after questioning about leaving comments on jsm ig posts, which piqued my interest and curiosity more, were said in the spur of the moment, without him really processing it in his head. Not saying those don’t insinuate that kookmin have something going on, but similar to kookmin subconscious reactions, yjs is also letting things slip subconsciously. I would think if yjs really sensed a possible serious thing between kookmin he would let that grow naturally. He wouldn’t try to bring attention to it on a variety show. (Also, I don’t think in last week’s episode ysc specifically gave explanation to kjk because he knows kjk is/ could be interested in jsm. To me it was more like kjk’s over the top reaction called for an explanation because none of the other members were as serious or persistent as kjk with their responses.)

Jaesuk's marriage comment must be bold, planned, scripted, and also a joke. It wasn't first time he made that. He even say earlier on that Somin's mom consider Jong Kook as her son in law. Jong kook even said Somin's mom is so beautiful. I mean... is it necessary to say it? I dont know if it is random but it is unnecessary. He said it with strong expression. That is some telling hints on Jong Kook's action towards Somin. We could call it a joke, but something worth to watch out for-- it could be asking us to look closely at Kook min interactions. It could be Jaesuk asking Jong kook to speed up courtship and admit it and get married! The thing is that, Jaesuk knows who somin is writing confession song to. Even though he is trying to make a joke, but he does send a message to someone who needs to know it. Jaesuk wouldn't use this kind of joke rashly because it will hurt Somin's image. He could have said dating instead. He could have try to let it enter Jong Kook's subconsciousness to help him to recognise his feelings. And I see the closeness of Kook-min that Jaesuk wanted them to bring it to light one day despite it being a joke. It will come with a twist, but it is up to them for now. it does put off as a bold joke, but the choice of words carefully made by Jaesuk makes it more suspicious in some ways. it could excite us or filled with curiosity. I dont know how to give you an answer but filled with hints and pointers that lead to my opinion that they are already passed platonic relationship. Year of 2020 is year of golden rat, which is compatible for Jong Kook who is born in the year of dragon with strong element of water. It would be good year for Jong Kook with anticipation for marriage soon. Wish I could time travel to give you all the answers. =) I think they are dating in early stage with no marriage in mind yet. Just early stage-- testing each other, and getting to know each other romantically. But I do feel like they already passed platonic. I am already sure they are very close with similar interest and they do click whenever they strike any conversation. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 1

I love reading your thoughts !

But the only real thing that's makes me think they are dating or whatever is when she forced skinship between them with her pinky. I mean, COME ON ! You don't do that when you have a brother/sister relation, you don't do that when you are just friends... this is to me, the only real prove lmao  

Edited by HydenG
  • Like 4