[Drama 2019] Graceful Family, 우아한 가

icyphoenix

I watched episode 1 and it's good. I like the female lead. She's not your typical female lead. She's strong and badass which is so refreshing. Her English is good too.

There are a lot of Korea actor and actress who speaked English in drama but they were so bad with unclear pronouncation and awkward accent which I thought was cringy. But Im Soo Hyang is so good so it likeable

• Replies 787
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I’m loving the first two episodes so far! It’s my first time seeing Im Soo Hyang act and she’s awesome, love her character! It’s nice to see Lee Jang Woo again after My Only One! The storyline is great! I wish the drama is already done airing! Can’t wait for episode three!

I saw a snippet regarding this show whilst browsing my YouTube. And my intrest piqued. I just had to check it out.

Honestly those first two episodes were super intriguing and lured me in. 

I find it interesting that TOP lady is trying everything to get rid of the main girl. I am suspecting she has hand in that murder of her mother. 

She better not stay long in that jail or I will riot. 

Watched the first two episodes. Fast moving and liked it so far. Im Soo Hyang is really a versatile actress. She is good in any roles given and she is really beautiful too. I like the veterans and experienced casts here.

The drama is trending first in naver and daum as no. 1 on its premier. Knetz seems to like the drama and casts. I have always love the lead actress as she has the capability to get you hooked with her aura and acting. Hopefully  to see previous soompi readers from My ID is Gangnam Beauty in this forum.

4 hours ago, monica63 said:

Hopefully  to see previous soompi readers from My ID is Gangnam Beauty in this forum.

tag people you may know; folks may not be aware of the drama. I ended up catching it rather randomly...

watched ep 3 and it was fun. it was interesting to see how seok hee gets thrown under the bus by TOP but she is very much aware of their games. it is only yeon doe who is taken aback. he has to make a choice -- whether he is her lawyer first or TOP's employee. and by the end of the episode, he has made his choice which is is seok hee and she looks delighted that she has someone she can trust.

seok hee is a well drawn out character -- you could see her hands shaking while she is sitting on the way to jail but in front of yeon doo, she sits like a queen. so she is very vulnerable but manages to hide it and push bravely forward. even the way, she handled the prosecutor had so much spunk as she refused to apologize and admit to something she hasn't done. even within prison, seok hee can't help herself but defend those in her cell even though she acts tough. it was sweet how she nonchalantly asked yeon doo to look into the child of the inmate and make sure the child was okay.

yeon doo was also interesting in that he is not so shrewd that he automatically sees the hand of TOP like she does or how bad the prosecutor is. like she said, he is naive but this isn't his world where even family members back stab each other. where a sister-in-law can casually lay the scene for seok hee to get arrested because those were the orders. but at the same time, yeon doo wants to keep the job for his own purposes and has to choose. we don't see him struggle too much with the choice but once he does, he is smart enough to know how to tackle the problem and get seok hee out. since yoon do changed his name, am wondering if restaurant appa is his actual father. now that we have yeon doo and seok hee joining hands, it should get more entertaining.

I still don’t understand why they are so afraid of suk hee. I think it was on ep 1 at the dining table where all of them stand up when suk hee entered and when the youngest brother didn’t heard suk hee talking cause he had his ear phones on their dad yanked the phone. It is like they despised her but they still need to respect her. And I’m honestly confused on their family structure except for the youngest brother cause he’s origin was pretty obvious with the actress mom. Is suk hee the only one who can inherit everything  based on stocks because of her grandpa? 

5 minutes ago, Josh Marquez said:

I still don’t understand why they are so afraid of suk hee. I think it was on ep 1 at the dining table where all of them stand up when suk hee entered and when the youngest brother didn’t heard suk hee talking cause he had his ear phones on their dad yanked the phone. It is like they despised her but they still need to respect her. And I’m honestly confused on their family structure except for the youngest brother cause he’s origin was pretty obvious with the actress mom. Is suk hee the only one who can inherit everything  based on stocks because of her grandpa? 

it has most definitely got to do with money but there's also something tied to the death of her mother. why would you literally banish a 15 year old child to the other side of the world? what does seok hee represent? TOP is in full speed to consolidate the shares and try get power -- who for is a bit unclear. am not sure if they are trying to make dad all powerful or the second son. whatever it is, from TOP's action, it is clear that there isn't a clear heir in charge and seok hee has enough shares to create trouble. from grandpa's supporter, it sounds like grandpa wants seok hee to take over the company.

am also wondering what tipped ms han to go all evil. from what the minister (who they are trying to buy over to get some land to get some shares) said, she was known for being a good judge at some point. so when did she decide that power and money is more important than following the rules?

Spoiler

Looks like the grandpa is still alive...

What happened 15 years ago that the leads own father was fine with sending her away and being apart till now? Why is she the heir over her oppas? Why is the TOP leader went from a good judge to the corrupt evil person she is now? Who killed the leads mom? (We know YDs mom was charged with the murder but I feel like it was either Ms Han or the step mom or even her own dad that killed her mom).

Just watched the unsubbed version of ep 4 and grandpa is awake. I think he tells them that he's giving his shares to Mo Seok Hee. Ugh I'm so impatient. I want to know what's in it for the person in charge of TOP. Like, why is she doing all of this. I also want to know when TOP first became a thing and why. Ughhh so many unanswered questions. Side note: I feel like they are going to try and kill the grandpa again. I just don't understand how anyone could be so evil. Also, is the grandpa Mo Seok Hee's dad's dad or her mother's dad. 

41 minutes ago, Sirry Usly said:

Just watched the unsubbed version of ep 4 and grandpa is awake. I think he tells them that he's giving his shares to Mo Seok Hee. Ugh I'm so impatient. I want to know what's in it for the person in charge of TOP. Like, why is she doing all of this. I also want to know when TOP first became a thing and why. Ughhh so many unanswered questions. Side note: I feel like they are going to try and kill the grandpa again. I just don't understand how anyone could be so evil. Also, is the grandpa Mo Seok Hee's dad's dad or her mother's dad. 

I'm waiting for the subs. From what I understood, I believe SH is the legal heiress. The current wife is the second wife so that makes SH mom, the first wife. That's the only reason why they would be worried about the inheritance going to her. 

-First son: mother unknown or the mother is the second wife. It's not clear.

-Second son: second wife's son.

-SH, the only daughter: mother dead and probably the daughter of the first wife.

-Third son: Son of the actress that SH was fighting in episode 1. 

@USAFarmgirl Indeed, more like a messed up family lol:mrgreen::joy:.

maxresdefault.jpgp-3d-morph-ae-00001-1.jpg?auto=format&bg=F4F4F3&con=3&cs=srgb&dpr=1&fm=jpg&ixlib=php-1.1.0&mark=rawpixel-watermark.png&markalpha=90&markpad=13&markscale=10&markx=25&q=75&usm=15&vib=3&w=1200&s=dadd4e7dffb14eebda9b98f0cb412ce8images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTu2qSAdCyZDZBb-IkXMHq

Haven't watched episode 4 yet but I agree with @Lmangla HD is a bit naive yet I wonder if his past has a little to do with that in not being able to think the worst or even the ability to judge anyone to quickly.  That is except for SH.  LOL he goes by what he sees and he has seen that justice isn't always served and he himself has lived with the injustice of it.  His Mother was innocent he knew it and that's still a heavy weight he carries. There are still so many pieces out there that we can't place to this puzzle.

One thing I am curious about and that is who is pulling JG's strings she maybe head of top but she answers to someone.  The person she called after her bribing the prosecutor and she spoke with in the car.  Not to mention it was a mans voice that explained that bribe was that a clue too is it a brother or was that the prosecutor?  At first I thought it was the grandfather but that's a bust.  The stepmom might seem like a good choice she has a lot to gain and yet that seems a little to obvious.  SH's father seems a little to weak for me.  I also wonder was SH a witness against HD's mom?  It would seem his father was paid off by TOP and the man he loves may not be his father after all.

Why did they frame HD's Mom?  Why her and what promise did JG make that she broke that HD's mom was speaking about in the court room?

I do believe that HD will do the right thing in protecting JH.   When JG gave him the pen did it all come back then.  Or maybe he isn't as naive as I think maybe he knew more of this puzzle than he was letting on LOL.:lol:  Maybe SH isn't the only one who is able to act and show a good front...

Corrections made sorry for the mistakes it's been a long day LOL...

@Lmangla @USAFarmgirl The eldest brother definitely is on Seokhee’s side. When she was sent to the US to study, he was the one who was sad to see her go. Second brother and the stepmom were ice cold. And oldest brother has stayed out of the family business. Why? Probably because he thinks it’s not his. He knows what is up.

for anyone who is interested, I prefer ODK because they are doing fast and reliable subs. No problems whatsoever following. And Viki just blocked me from commenting when I asked about other sites having subs but not them. (For some shows, they can buy the subs and then just copy paste so I wondered if they could do the same here.) It was a fair question, but I guess they are being tyrants to their paying Viki pass customers now that Dramafever has shut down.

16 minutes ago, tulip06 said:

The eldest brother definitely is on Seokhee’s side.

Agreed unless this writer pulls a surprise on us.  I don't think the youngest brother either.  The second brother to me is a maybe his wife seems a bit creepy too! 

Archived