[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

I'm wondering when did rjh starts to fall for ysr? At episode 2 he was already v attentive to her needs by buying the shampoos and clothes for her. I thought it was very out of his character to be attentive to strangers 

17 hours ago, Xxyyxzm said:

I think the f4 may have realised it when rjh was in the hospital in NK. There's this patient who was a bts fan who said that ysr said RJH was the babe magnet. Rjh was smiling throughout when joo mok explained what that meant. So I guess the f4 might have discovered it then 

I think that the handsome F4 realise it much earlier (he seems to be the smarted and most alert amongst them). As for the other 3, they probably have their suspicions all along lol, but cuz their characters are supposed to be a bit of "bumbling & simple-minded" (read this ina  scriptwriter interview), the writer and director probably made them a bit dense on realising it. By the time Captain Ri sent YSR off at the outpost, all of F4 are pretty clear that their Captain is deeply in love with the lady. :D

11 hours ago, celest1al said:

I don’t think this was posted here, but IU recently sang a part of “Give You My Heart,” on a show. This song always reminds me of the scene with the rings, the hospital reunion scene when RJH says “I love you,” and especially the last goodbye scene at the border. So even though the song didn’t appear until the last few episodes of the drama, it’s very memorable for me. I wish she sang more of it though! 

I saw this clip too! Also wished she sang the whole song or a longer version. Her voice is really very sweet and emotional. Initially I wasn't sure why IU was so popular and her songs always ranking #1 (this was much much earlier) but after listening to more of her songs, I realise why. I also get all the feels whenever I play this song on my Spotify. Reminds me of both the rings and last goodbye scene. it's also a perfect song for their Wedding!!

5 hours ago, Xxyyxzm said:

I'm wondering when did rjh starts to fall for ysr? At episode 2 he was already v attentive to her needs by buying the shampoos and clothes for her. I thought it was very out of his character to be attentive to strangers 

I think Captain Ri already was attracted to YSR right when he saw her talking into the walkie-talkie while hanging on the tree. He was both amused and had a soft spot for her immediately. That's why he asked his men not to shoot her when she ran away. But I think he really started to fall for her when she cried the first night at his house (when he came in with the candle) and he realise she's just a girl after all, not this rather arrogant and straight-talking lady who threatened him in the morning. :D

• Like 5
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, veespn said:

Crash Landing on You currently ranks number 1 on Netflix Japan. 

Oh wow, really? I think it didn't air at the same time as Korea's airing and Netflix Japan only just release this series after the finale episode, is that correct? Really nice to know that it is No.1 in Netflix Japan currently. Hope it stays there for a long time lol!!

Btw, may I know how to get this data? Did you see it in someone's social media account?

Awww! I love this!! Sandra Oh loving CLOY is so awesome!! She must be so proud of Korea, first Parasite sweeping the Oscars and now CLOY being top-watched show on Netflix USA and across many other countries! It's such a big win for South Korea and Asia in general!

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

@veespn  Thanks for that!! Also found another post on tweeter. Looks like CLOY took some time to claim the #1 spot in Netflix Japan. I read online that it was only released in Japan on 23 Feb, after the finale aired in South Korea.

I wonder if they dubbed CLOY into Japanese as I know that most Kdramas are dubbed in Japan. Maybe that is why they can only release it after the finale airs, cuz they need time to dub it.

• Like 6
  • Awesome 1

Probably someone has already posted a link to this video but I just happened to find it today, so I thought I'd share.  The guy in the video is a defector from North Korea and he talks about how good the actors' accents became in the drama and about how the sets from the drama were so real that they seem just like places in his hometown.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, thistle said:

Probably someone has already posted a link to this video but I just happened to find it today, so I thought I'd share.  The guy in the video is a defector from North Korea and he talks about how good the actors' accents became in the drama and about how the sets from the drama were so real that they seem just like places in his hometown.

Thanks for this! First time I see this video. It confirms again how accurate the NK village life was depicted in CLOY. Also glad to hear that HB's NK accent was very accurate, and same for the rest of the cast who played NK roles. LOL! Can totally understand why he said that if YSR really landed in NK, instead of helping her escape, RJH will send her to the authorities instead. :D Glad this is fiction/ fantasy so that we go this wonderful rom.com story!

I just came across another positive media review for CLOY, this time from SOUTH AFRICA!! Amazing that the drama has reached all the way to the Africa continent too!

https://www.channel24.co.za/TV/Reviews/crash-landing-on-you-20200505

Crash Landing on You

2020-05-05 08:50 Leandra Engelbrecht (@leandram_engel)

Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in 'Crash Landing on You.'Hyun Bin and Son Ye-jin in 'Crash Landing on You.' (Netflix)

Cast:
Hyun Bin, Son Ye-jin, Kim Jung-hyun, Seo Ji-hye
Time:
110 minutes (16 episides)
Genre:
Romance
Age Restriction:
13+
Release Date:
December 14, 2019
Our Rating: 4/5 Stars
Reader Rating: NA

WHAT IT'S ABOUT:

A paragliding mishap drops a South Korean heiress in North Korea - and into the life of an army officer, who decides he will help her hide.

WHAT WE THOUGHT:

I recently, as in last week, discovered the world of Korean dramas, and to say I am obsessed is an understatement. I am now a card-carrying member of the Kdrama club.

Crash Landing on You is something truly special and it's no surprise that it is the one of the highest rated cable dramas.

What makes it so special, you ask? Well, it has a couple of things going for it.

The lead actors Son Ye-jin who plays Yoon Se-ri and Hyun Bin as Captain Ri Jeong-hyeok sizzle together on screen; their chemistry is palpable. While the story of star-crossed lovers isn't a novel idea, the politics of an inter-Korean love story, on the other hand, adds a different layer.

When we first meet Se-ri, she is very unlikable, nicknamed the 'Picky Princess' she thinks her wealth and privilege allows her to treat people in a certain way. As the series develops and you get to know her character better, you soon learn that there are reasons why she is the way she is and that it's just a protective wall, beneath her veneer is a scared, lonely woman. Through the series, her character evolves. What I enjoyed about her evolution is that it was a gradual and believable process.

Ri Jeong-hyeok is the leading man I never knew I needed. As far as romantic male leads in dramas go, his character is damn near perfect. This man holds a candle in a dark marketplace for Se-ri to see when she gets lost, he grinds and roasts coffee beans just to make her a cup of coffee, he packs things in a cupboard on shelves that are easy for her to reach, he takes a bullet for her and even sneaks into a country to protect her. And that's not all. He uses his privilege for good too; he is a woke bae!

Each episode has a running time of 70 - 110 minutes which allows for the storylines and characters to be fleshed out, but the drama doesn't take itself too seriously, as it also pokes fun at Korean drama tropes, which the series itself employs. At the end of each episode, there's an extended scene which is either a flashback or a 'hidden scene' giving viewers an extra look.

It's not just a love story, there are twists and turns, suspense and some really cool action scenes with martial arts sequences that even non-romance fans will enjoy. 

The cinematography is beautiful from the majestic mountains in Switzerland to snapshots of life in North Korea, which was filmed in South Korea and Mongolia.

The supporting cast is endearing. Captain Ri's army unit and the women in the North Korean village where Se-ri takes refuge provide a lot of the comic relief. The villains, a corrupt army official and Se-ri's brother and sister-in-law, are as evil as they come, and turn out memorable performances.

Another must mention is the soundtrack, the Korean pop, R&B tracks and classical pieces complement the storytelling.

For the past week, I was engrossed in the lives of  Se-ri and Ri Jeong-hyeok - never have I rooted so much for a fictional couple and their love story. Fans of romance drama will fall in love with this story; it hits all the right notes and is the perfect escape from our reality right now.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Article in Naver on CLOY being in Top 10 Netflix USA and also how it's leading korean wave fever. Highlighted that media in US, Canada, UK , Taiwan etc like Washington Post,  Forbes, BBC, Vancouver Weekly are recommending CLOY as top program to watch or given it positive review. Also how it has Fresh rating of 97% in Rotten Tomatoes, and achieving top watched ranking in asian countries like Phil, Thailand, Taiwan,  Japan etc.

Hope this will give CLOY that extra favour for Baeksang award!! Also all the best for Baeksang nomination tomorrow!! Hope CLOY will get lots and lots of nominations, esp key categories. :D

'Unexpected love', Netflix content enters TOP10… Leading Korean wave fever

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/311/0001143327

0001143327_001_20200507140621689.jpg?typ

Google translate of the article into English - it's not accurate but give a good idea of the content. Most of the news/ articles highlighted by Naver reporter have actually been posted here earlier.

[Reporter of Ex-Sports News, Park So-Yeon] 'Unexpected love' has struck the Korean continent beyond Korea and Asia.

The TVN Saturday drama 'Unsuccessful Love', which recorded 21.7% in February and achieved the highest rating in TVN drama and ranked 1st in the past TV ratings, is also loved in the continental United States.

Recently, an American weekly observer released the most watched Netflix TV shows and movie rankings during the Corona 19 social quarantine period (March 21-March 27). Korea's original content, 'Unexpected Love', surprised the drama fans by vomiting sixth place in the TV show rankings.

'Unexpected love' is a representative K-content that has been loved by viewers around the world through the OTT platform. Through Netflix, I met with fans from all over the world, and it was selected as the most watched content with famous drama series such as 'Paper's House', 'Strange Story', and 'Walking Dead'.

In addition, he earned 97% of freshness index from the US movie rating specialty site, Roton Tomato, and set an unusual record for Korean drama. In addition, the world's largest movie specialty site, IMDB, boasts a worldwide reputation and popularity, with a rating of 9.1.

In addition, 'Unexpected Love' was selected by Washington Post and Forbes in the United States for 'International Series Must-Sees' and 'Best Korean Dramas of 2019', respectively, and proved international topic. The BBC also showed high interest by posting positive reviews on the 'non-trial of love', and in major Taiwanese and Asian media, the article about 'non-trial of love' was decorated with coverage, and reactions across Europe and Asia were enthusiastic. woke up.

Canada's entertainment webzine 'Vancouver Weekly' described "a drama that catches the eye with a perfect chemistry of realistic characters and distinctive characters of North Korea, as well as a love story that crosses the border." Next, he added the popularity that the beautiful visual beauty and OST in the play enhance the completeness of the work, and he assumed the popularity of 'non-trial of love' that captured the hearts of North American fans with colorful charm.

'Unexploited love' is an absolute top secret romance between chaebol heir Yoon Se-ri (Son Ye-jin) and a North Korean officer Lee Jeong-hyuk (Hyun Bin) who loves to hide and protect her. It was loved not only for its unique story, but also for its exciting development, the actors' love for the leading actors, and the romance that excites their hearts.

With the enthusiastic reaction, the 'stop of love', which ended in Korea, has created a tremendous syndrome while maintaining the top 10 of Netflix in Asian countries such as the Philippines, Japan, Taiwan and Thailand for a long time, and the celebrities of each country are drama fans It continues to be popular, such as authenticating. It is expected that a new aspect of the Hallyu fever will be created by the 'non-trial of love' that spreads all over the world, standing at the forefront of K-Contents.

yeoony@xportsnews.com / Photo: Washington Post, Forbes Web site, capture, when Taiwan's major media coverage outside

- ⓒ ekseupocheu news, all rights reserved

• Like 4
  • Awesome 1

Congrats CLOY team for the Baeksang nomination for Best Drama, Best Actor & Actress (HB & SYJ), Best Supporting Actor and Actress (2 nominees!)!

https://n.news.naver.com/entertain/article/241/0003021375?fbclid=IwAR2pRhB31VGSo920-ozbPnpP567D1bJ_U3UVjJhzJ19jZSPucDseNKnsous

Google translate :

On the morning of the 8th, the Secretariat of the Baeksang Arts Awards distributed official press releases and announced the final candidates (works) for each category that have been active in the TV, film, and theater sectors for the past year. In the Best Acting Awards category, the competition among candidates is fierce. In the men's category, Kang Han (KBS 2TV 'When the camellia blooms'), Nam Gung-min (SBS 'Stove League'), Park Seo-jun (JTBC 'Itaewon Class'), Ji-Hoon Joo (SBS 'Hyena'), Hyun-bin (tvN's 'Crash landing on you') compete . The women's division is the fierceest, and it seems that even if all five winners win, there is no disagreement. Gong Hyo-jin (KBS 2TV 'When the camellia blooms') Hye-soo Kim (SBS 'Hyena') Kim Hee-ae (JTBC's 'The world of the married') Son Ye-jin (tvN 'Crash landing on you') Lee Ji-eun (tvN 'Hotel Del Luna') is the 'White Queen' Is aiming. The most fierce sector was the supporting role. Kim Young-min (JTBC's 'The world of the married') Kyung-Won Yang (tvN 'Crash landing on you') Oh Jeong-se (KBS 2TV 'When the camellia blooms') Yoo Jae-myeong (JTBC 'Itaewon Class') Jeon Seok-Ho (SBS 'Hyena') . In the women's division, Kwon Na-ra (JTBC 'Itaewon Class'), Kim Seon-young, Seo Ji-hye (tvN 'Crash landing on you'), Son Dam-bi, and Yeom Hye-ran (KBS 2TV's 'When the camellia bloom') compete.

The full nominee list. But yet to see Best Script and Best Director nominations.

CLOY is nominated for Best Director and Best Screenplay too!!! Both writer-nim and director-nim totally  deserve this nomination!!! They made CLOY the best drama ever!! Big big congrats and hope you will WIN!!

Full nominee list for Baeksang Best Director and Best Script/ Screenplay

Spoiler

Eight Baeksang nominations for CLOY!! I also think HB and SYJ will be nominated for the Most Popular categories too. :D Not sure if that is out yet.

CLOY has 2nd highest Baeksang nominations, after When Camelia Blooms. I think the difference is in the Best New Actor category - the child actor from When Camelia Blooms was nominated (totally deserve it too!) and CLOY did not have any new actor nomination. Was hoping that the actor playing young Eun Dong of F4 ducklings will get nominated, but I guess not. Hope he can get a new actor nomination sometime soon!

• Like 4
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

I'm honestly really happy with all these nominations. I know there's been a lot of talk and buzz surrounding SYJ and HB being nominated for the awards in the last few days (as everyone's speculating on what they'll be nominated for) and hours, but I'd like to shed some spotlight on the rest of the team who are nominated as well: 

- Lee Jeong Hyo: Super modest yet dorky director who only wished the drama ratings to hit 10% and who brought so much joy to the drama. He had such a good chemistry and relationship with the cast, and whenever I watched the BTS clips, I alway see him smiling and being so hands-on with the characters - brainstorming and discussing, making sure that actors and actresses have chances to share their ideas as well. 

- Park Ji Eun: The screenwriter who took us on a crazy roller coaster ride. I've watched a lot of k-dramas and I can't stress enough Ji Eun's abiity to write such an incredible story while paying so much attention to details and giving so much love to each characters. I never got bored while watching any of the 16 episodes, and that's due to Ji Eun's wild yet rational and not over the moon imagination and ability to put that imagination onto paper so eloquently. 

- Yang Kyung Won: Oh, my Pyo Chi Su, I'm super happy that he's nominated. He's the most memorable supporting character in CLOY who I'll forever cherish. He really deserves this nomination and I really hope he'll win. And if he wins, I hope I'll get to hear him speak with NK accents again. 

- Kim Sun Young and Seo Ji Hye: It's amazing that we're getting not just 1 but 2 actresses from CLOY nominated. Sun Young gave so much liveliness and sassiness to her character, while Seo Ji Hye acted with so much class and gave her all too. 

I really really hope they all will attend the awards. I can't imagine how elated and proud the entire cast is right now, with them being nominated for Best Drama as well. If they have a group chat, I hope it's now filled with congratulatory and positive messages, such a happy Friday to end a long work week. 

• Like 7

On 5/6/2020 at 1:54 AM, TotoroSY said:

I saw this clip too! Also wished she sang the whole song or a longer version. Her voice is really very sweet and emotional. Initially I wasn't sure why IU was so popular and her songs always ranking #1 (this was much much earlier) but after listening to more of her songs, I realise why. I also get all the feels whenever I play this song on my Spotify. Reminds me of both the rings and last goodbye scene. it's also a perfect song for their Wedding!!

Sorry, I totally spammed you by liking all your posts here! Haha. I agree with you! I've always enjoyed her music casually (wouldn't call myself a fan), but due to the memories that this song and lyrics evoke, I've grown to appreciate her more. It would have definitely been a beautiful song for RJH and YSR's wedding. 

I am so ecstatic for their Baeksang nominations!!! The fact that they managed to receive this many nominations despite all of the negative feedback before the series started, and some controversy due to the NK subject matter during its airing, is such a feat. I don't want to get my hopes up since the competition is fierce, but I'm hoping they snag a few of those! 

• Like 4
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, celest1al said:

Sorry, I totally spammed you by liking all your posts here! Haha. I agree with you! I've always enjoyed her music casually (wouldn't call myself a fan), but due to the memories that this song and lyrics evoke, I've grown to appreciate her more. It would have definitely been a beautiful song for RJH and YSR's wedding. 

I am so ecstatic for their Baeksang nominations!!! The fact that they managed to receive this many nominations despite all of the negative feedback before the series started, and some controversy due to the NK subject matter during its airing, is such a feat. I don't want to get my hopes up since the competition is fierce, but I'm hoping they snag a few of those! 

Hahaha! No wonder I saw so many notifications. Well glad you liked my posts. :D  I think IU is really quite talented and write very catchy tunes. Kinda remind me of Taylor Swift? (hope I won't cause any controversy with this comparison, it's the closest I can think of). She also has a very positive image and I have read great things about her character and personality Her song for CLOY was so emotional and I really like it more and more as I listened to it.

The Baeksang noms for CLOY was the BOMB!! I was pretty nervous cuz like you said, it received negative feedback and controversies at the beginning, plus popular trendy dramas can sometimes be biased against. So am so happy and ecstatic that it got EIGHT Nominations in 7 categories. I am happy for ALL the nominations but esp for Best Drama, Actor, Actress, Writer and Director. Cuz these were the pillars for the drama and why it did so well and won hearts all over the world. The most surprising was it being Top 10 show in Netflix US which is such a tough market to break into. And CLOY is not even a "trendy" drama, it's kinda old-fashion in its own way. More classic-like. But maybe that is what made it different from the other dramas out there in US. I also think the North Korea context drew a lot of interest to check it out.

I also do not want to get my hopes up for the actual win, cuz you are right, the competition is super tough. Esp in the acting categories. I actually have a bit more confidence for CLOY itself to win, either Best Drama or Daesang. I am in fact leaning towards Daesang for CLOY, mainly cuz the Grand Prize/ Daesang is a bit vague on its criteria. It seems to me that it's based on overall impact either within the K-Ent world or culturally. CLOY is the probably the only drama in the list that has the international impact that has gone all the way to USA. It has also changed the perception towards the people of North Korea so it also has social-political impact. Plus, this is also the year that the film Parasite cracked the US market incl the Oscars, so CLOY has a little bit of that similar trajectory (this is of course a very loose comparison, so please don't judge me on this LOL).

Just wish for the best for the CLOY team to win as many of the awards as possible!!

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 2

I'm very happy that all the nominations i wanted happened. HB, SYJ, The writer AND director definitely deserve a win. I also hope HB, SYJ writer/director all work together again even in a movie or something, i would like to see this team together again if CLOY cant get a second season. 

On another note, it's crazy how CLOY is winning people over everywhere. US & Canada are now discovering the magic and loving it! I'm so happy for the entire team, so well deserved!

• Like 8

It’s been awhile since I have been so engaged in an award for a production team!! I really hope CLOY will do well and win the big awards on Baeksang night. I know there are quite a number of naysayers out there who don’t think much of this drama, but I think many are underestimating the impact that CLOY has on the Kdrama trajectory internationally. Call it cultural, or social-political or pop culture impact, the definition is debatable. But for sure the impact was an important one. 

It especially became clear after Naver released the article on CLOY that gathered ALL the international media reports, reviews, top viewership results into one big article. 

I took the below definition of Grand Prize or Daesang from the Binjin thread cuz I think it’s one of the clearest one I’ve seen so far. I can also see how this definition has guided the Daesang awards at Baeksang over the years. 

7 hours ago, Chugo21 said:

Grand Prize , It is to honour outstanding achievements in the South Korean entertainment industry and to garner public attention upon the best in Korean films, television, and theater. 

The above definition seems to indicate that it is beyond just a performance-based award, but beyond performance the winner needs to make an impact to the SK entertainment industry. 

For example, when dramas like MNIKSS and DOTS won the Daesang, it’s not just because it was the best made drama but it’s impact - MNIKSS changed the image of  the heroine or female lead and DOTS helped elevate SK nationalistic pride and also ushered another’s big Hallyu wave.

For actors, like Ji Junhyun and even Hyunbin, their Daesang win was again beyond just their performance but also elevating the roles to influence and impact on pop culture, and pulling in the interest of fans  from different countries towards SK ent.

Hence, this year for film, it’s almost a non-brainer that the Parasite Director/ writer will get Daesang and likely the film will win Best Film.

Which brings me back to why I think CLOY has a fighting chance to win Daesang. I know some people, incl myself, thinks that Veteran actress Kim Hee Ae of The World of the Married may  win Daesang. But I now think it’s not a 100% guarantee anymore. 

How about SYJ? I’ve also considered before that she also has a chance at Daesang because her performance as YSR was really well rounded and developed, with wide ranges of skills from comedic to melo to dramatic, showing how her character grows and develop. But if I use the above definition for Daesang, I think the additional impact might not be fully there. Of course this is just my thots so please feel free to disagree.

8 hours ago, jamy47 said:

I'm very happy that all the nominations i wanted happened. HB, SYJ, The writer AND director definitely deserve a win. I also hope HB, SYJ writer/director all work together again even in a movie or something, i would like to see this team together again if CLOY cant get a second season. 

On another note, it's crazy how CLOY is winning people over everywhere. US & Canada are now discovering the magic and loving it! I'm so happy for the entire team, so well deserved!

I also really hope that the director and the writer will win too! They have played a big part to turn such an impossible story to the final winning product that we have now as CLOY. The premise is so unbelievable yet they manage to sweep audiences off their feet and be totally immersed into the world of CLOY. Both the cast and crew deserves all the applause and accolades they have been showered with so far! 

• Like 3
  • Insightful 1

@TotoroSY I think there is only one Daesang given (for both dramas and films) so your post made me realize that we are not just competing against dramas for Daesang but also Parasite. IMO in this case we have no chance then because Parasite was such an international marvel. :cold_sweat:

• Like 1

16 hours ago, ncly said:

I'm honestly really happy with all these nominations. I know there's been a lot of talk and buzz surrounding SYJ and HB being nominated for the awards in the last few days (as everyone's speculating on what they'll be nominated for) and hours, but I'd like to shed some spotlight on the rest of the team who are nominated as well: 

- Lee Jeong Hyo: Super modest yet dorky director who only wished the drama ratings to hit 10% and who brought so much joy to the drama. He had such a good chemistry and relationship with the cast, and whenever I watched the BTS clips, I alway see him smiling and being so hands-on with the characters - brainstorming and discussing, making sure that actors and actresses have chances to share their ideas as well. 

- Park Ji Eun: The screenwriter who took us on a crazy roller coaster ride. I've watched a lot of k-dramas and I can't stress enough Ji Eun's abiity to write such an incredible story while paying so much attention to details and giving so much love to each characters. I never got bored while watching any of the 16 episodes, and that's due to Ji Eun's wild yet rational and not over the moon imagination and ability to put that imagination onto paper so eloquently. 

- Yang Kyung Won: Oh, my Pyo Chi Su, I'm super happy that he's nominated. He's the most memorable supporting character in CLOY who I'll forever cherish. He really deserves this nomination and I really hope he'll win. And if he wins, I hope I'll get to hear him speak with NK accents again. 

- Kim Sun Young and Seo Ji Hye: It's amazing that we're getting not just 1 but 2 actresses from CLOY nominated. Sun Young gave so much liveliness and sassiness to her character, while Seo Ji Hye acted with so much class and gave her all too. 

I really really hope they all will attend the awards. I can't imagine how elated and proud the entire cast is right now, with them being nominated for Best Drama as well. If they have a group chat, I hope it's now filled with congratulatory and positive messages, such a happy Friday to end a long work week. 

Somehow I missed your post amidst the Baeksang excitement and just saw this. I totally enjoyed reading what you wrote and agree with your thots! When the announcements first came out, I was hunting high and low for the Best Director and Best Screenplay nominees. It was not highlighted in the Naver article but was only in the Box list. I thought that was such a disservice to these 2 very important categories. I am so happy both director Lee and Park Ji Eun’s screenplay was nominated. The sure hand of the director and very witty & well researched screenplay made CLOY what it is today, and also served as the masterpiece canvas  for the actors to excel in. Without the writer and the director, we won’t be able to get the amazing performances of the leads and supporting cast. Of course vice versa, the cast did fantastically in interpreting their roles too and gave full justice to the material. 

HB and SYJ’s performance and chemistry is the central and pillar of the whole drama, and I think it will not be easy to find another OTP as compelling as them in future romcoms or kdramas. Again I think people tend to underestimate their performance, because it seems so “easy”. Well, they made it look easy because they are amazing actors with amazing screen presence and chemistry. Not that easy to duplicate.

I’m also really happy for the supporting actor nomination for Yang Kyung Wan. What a standout performance that was! He was so comical and yet can show those hints of emotions so well. He totally embraced the role. 

Kim Sun Young and Soh Ji Hye. So happy too for them! I’ve seen Kim Sun Young in many productions and she always amazes me with her chameleon-like ability to transform into the character. Just love her! And So Ji Hye made Seo Dan so cool and thorny yet likeable. I hope she will get lots of good roles after this!

Phew, seem to be writing essays today. The Baeksang really brought me back to how I feel when I first watched CLOY about 2-3 months ago. I’m still watching parts of it on and off. And still loving it! Wish the CLOY team all the best for Baeksang and also other award nominations to come!

@cloyfan Not sure what happened to my reply earlier,  just want to say No Worries. There’s a separate Daesang for TV and Film so CLOY TEAM still has a fighting chance!

• Like 2
  • Love 2