[Drama 2019-2020] Crash Landing on you, 사랑의 불시착

0ly40

Ending prediction   

210 members have voted

1. 1. What will happen to the OTP at the end of this drama?

• Sweet happy ending for Ri-ri in SK
    • Cue sad music ..the divide is just too great ..the OTP will be separated
    • An open ending where they will meet again on the bridge in Switzerland ...

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 02/15/2020 at 01:37 PM

Even though I am sad that Tvn gave us a little bit of the BTS. Well, the special

episode is more like the recap of what had been happening from the first episode to the current one. People who are lazy to watch the whole previous episodes, will be happy watching this special episode. 

For me I like all episodes so far and watched the whole episodes. Some episode I watch 2-3 times and the clips. They are good and funny. 

• Like 6
  • Love 2

@campanulah i agree with you! he cracks me & i hope we all do love this on every page like you said LOL he's just cute! hahaha

18515934f5ee2c5ffbfebe7f903eea3aca078bdc

tenor.gifgiphy.gif

9 hours ago, Prueksachittham said:

Even though I am sad that Tvn gave us a little bit of the BTS. Well, the special

episode is more like the recap of what had been happening from the first episode to the current one. People who are lazy to watch the whole previous episodes, will be happy watching this special episode. 

For me I like all episodes so far and watched the whole episodes. Some episode I watch 2-3 times and the clips. They are good and funny. 

i'm lost, where did you guys watch the special? i hvnt had a chance to really check since i got busy today!

• Like 3
  • LOL 5
  • Love 3

While waiting for latest episode,im watching Shark...

I think i am the only one that want Son Ye Jin to end up with Ha Seok Jin instead of Kim Nam Gil in this drama...

Thought i get to see SYJ meet HJS again in this drama.

Hope u guys don't mind i post this clip of HSJ & SYJ....

• Like 8
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

11 hours ago, justamom said:

Both of you are correct, and yes, one of the greatest difficulties of translating Japanese/Korean is that they are 'subject-less' languages, and the listener must make inferences/understand the context to understand the speaker's intention.

Similarly, by dropping the subject, the speaker is able to hedge, i.e. with a degree of ambiguity to his actual intention.

My translation:

Jeong Hyuk: "Why are you having a headache? You're going back soon, it should be making you happy." (좋아지는 마음 대신)

Seri's reply can be read two ways:

1) "I'm happy...I'm happy that's why I have a headache" (assuming she is replying directly to his conversation, but this reply doesn't make sense)

2) "I like X ... I like X that's why I have a headache." (좋아서...좋아서 생각이 많아)...but what is X? X is deliberately vague, but "I like that I'm going back that's why I'm having a headache"? Does that even make sense?

Quite obviously, and that's why Jeong Hyuk pauses, caught by the meaning of WHAT SHE IS NOT SAYING, which is:

I like you, that's why it's giving me a headache.

P.S. I also read Suki Kim's book....wrote something on my blog some time back:

https://jenweiting.com/2019/07/17/without-you-there-is-no-us-book-review/

Feeling rather fed-up about the disappointing special! I'm just going to try and forget about this drama for a while since it's pretty clear they're quite behind on shooting...!

Except she is not saying she has a headache (두통, 머리 아프다). 생각이 만하 means to to have a lot to think. 

Earlier she said her head is heavy because she's thinking a lot or filled with a lot of thought

RJH says "why do you have lots of thoughts. You're going back soon. Instead (대신),  you like it (좋아서지는 마음= heart likes [it] )" kinda like you should like it or to feel good( the context of  "it" in this sentence is "going back")

YSR answers she likes it,  she likes it (going home) that is why she has a lot of thoughts (perhaps confliction). 

This conversation is more like about how she is leaving heavier in comparison to when she tried to leave on boat and she didn't think twice. Almost like what is there to think about, it should be clear and simple.

Edited by Lakyu
  • Like 11
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

Why are people so confused about that exchange? Netflix translated it well:

JH asked why does she have a headache, since she is leaving soon, so she should like that she is leaving.

Seri answered: ''I like it....the liking part is what giving me a headache (Not talking about leaving anymore) I like it.

JH then understood what she is implying and is shocked and at lost.  

Seri confessed she is liking him and it's making it hard. At this point both know what is going on between them but wont talk about it.

• Like 15

Ratings special episode 1 (yesterday's episode) (Nielsen Korea)

Nationwide: 3.810

Seoul: 4.253

Since It was a recap with a little few of BTS, I think the ratings are ok. Let's see tomorrow and more important, next weekend. I hope it'll get double digit, this drama deserves a lot of love.

6b34e20bd9600c8c824cceebdf45f9e79c9e73a1

Credit: tumblr

On 1/5/2020 at 12:53 AM, cybertron said:

I think i am the only one that want Son Ye Jin to end up with Ha Seok Jin instead of Kim Nam Gil in this drama...

I haven't watched Shark, so I didn't know Son Ye Jin has made those passionate scenes in a drama with "her brother-in-law". Will we watch something like that in CLOY :wink:?  

Edited by Jillia
Please credit the owner of the gifs!
  • Like 4
  • LOL 7
  • Love 2

dearest comrades, tomatoes, uniforms and motorbike wannabes.. dun ponder too much :grin:

from the first snow scene..

the liking part.. i just interpret it as, SR is actually liking the time spent in NK, and she will miss it.. :cold_sweat: she is straying away from her initial objective to just get away from NK asap (remember when Mr Chew Corn Cob said his uncle’s boat will leave it 3 days and she was horrified she had to stay there for THAT many days more?).. she is supposed to have amnesia when she returns, but she is growing fond feelings for the people friends and RJH.. :kiss_wink:

• Like 10
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, cybertron said:

@cybertron (btw i luv your avatar ) :) hmmm did i miss this drama of SY with HSJ? or i just can't recall i've seen it? oh well i'd love to watch it bc i like HSJ too!  i think it's gr8 & thx you shared it here & it kinda joggle my mem since i always want to see SYJ's projects ever since Summer Scent, etc.

------------------------------------------

'am not sure if this artic has been posted here but bear w/me if you already saw it :(

[HanCinema's News] Swiss Location Shooting for "Crash Landing on You" Explained

photo1138699.jpg

Exotic foreign location shooting is nothing new for South Korean dramas. But the location shooting in Switzerland for "Crash Landing on You" has attracted unusual interest because rather than being a generic yet picturesque foreign location, Switzerland plays an important role in the story.

Successive epilogues have revealed that in their younger years the North Korean lead played by Hyun Bin and the South Korean lead played by Son Ye-jin originally met in Switzerland before the story starts.

According to screenwriter Park Ji-eun Switzerland is a critical nexus for multiple plot points. First, well-off people in North Korea frequently send their children to Switzerland in order to study. Secondly, Switzerland is a major international location that's very popular for paragliding. The fact that Son Ye-jin's character spent significant time there at least partially explains why she of all people would become involved in a paragliding accident.

photo1138698.jpg

The greater coincidence, which has done much to excite viewers, has been how the Switzerland scenes are slowly piecing together the past relationship between the two leads. This has helped call attention to the general consistency in characterization, explaining many of the preconceived attitudes the couple have toward one another. It's just one of many factors that has allowed "Crash Landing on You" to build itself to a strong ratings success.

Written by William Schwartz

• Like 9
  • Love 4

19 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

dearest comrades, tomatoes, uniforms and motorbike wannabes.. dun ponder too much :grin:

Yup, nothing to ponder.  She is getting to like him now so it will be harder for her to leave.  :heart:  I love the Asian way of avoiding the subject so it gives us a lot to discuss.

4 minutes ago, INeedAFan said:

Does anyone know where can I watch the special?

Thanks!

Me too!  I would like to know.  Even if the K-netz are complaining, I still want to watch it, LOL!

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

When Seri bought JH the tomato plant and asked him to tell 10 nice words to it everyday, didn't he say first snow? I didn't go back to watch but I thought he said snow or first snow or something like that! If he said first snow, then he MUST know what it means!

• Like 10

4 hours ago, hibiscus23 said:

@campanulah i agree with you! he cracks me & i hope we all do love this on every page like you said LOL he's just cute! hahaha

Right? What a precious gift this gif is. Thanks @Beurandless.

It would have been easy to post it on every page if we're allowed to quote pics. Se Ri looking at Soompi right now. 

06UgzwH.gif

(credit: DC Inside Tomatoes)

• Like 4
  • LOL 11
  • Love 1