[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

3 hours ago, nrllee said:

I felt the drama started too many tangents from the original premise of the show which was to address euthanasia.  Then the whole Cherubim drug issue was added.  You don’t need a new drug to send people off quickly and painlessly?  There’s already ones available who do a decent job?  Too many terminally sick people which I felt was not absolutely essential (the Prosecutor - what was with the Ring he had (did I miss something)?  And YH’s Lawyer Friend too?).  Even YH’s CIPA was a distraction I felt.  I think they tried to address the whole euthanasia debate but just had too many side issues which took away the focus of it and therefore muddied the issue?  Was the whole emphasis on pain (or lack thereof in YH’s case) meant to address the whole how much pain is too much in which case euthanasia is the “kinder” option?  It wasn’t clear.  I thought that was what they were going to tackle with the initial case that sent YH to prison but it just got lost somehow mid drama.  I think they tried to address it with the actress with the facial cancer but somehow it didn’t translate for me.  Stage 3 stomach cancer (what Prosecutor Son has) doesn’t have a great prognosis... I don’t even know how he continues to work like he does after chemo.  Only 1 out of 5 would still be alive after 5 years and that’s being optimistic.  But that’s KDrama for you. :lol:.

But I am glad the OTP got some semblance of a happy ever after even if it was after a 3 year parting.

It was a nice, well-acted drama, but I agree about the drama straying from the original premise and ending up with a muddied message. I'm not sure what it was ultimately trying to say about euthanasia. I think there was some interesting stuff there but when they introduced YH's CIPA it seemed the drama shifted direction. 

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Am I the only one curious who did cha yohan said "I miss you" over the phone? What's up with that? Quite random, he can't be saying that to a guy, it must be woman but who? 

Anyways other than the medical part, the leads chemistry, I just really like Lee seyoung, didn't know who she was b4 this I just always end up not liking such goody goody type female lead but Lee seyoung portrayal of kang si young is so good so refreshing, ofc people complain that KSY character cries a lot but hell in this story i think it's needed and without it I feel like the story would be so cold, I can't imagine someone else playing kang si young other than Lee se young. 

On 9/7/2019 at 5:37 PM, Ameera Ali said:

@sadthe1st next time  she need to kiss him :joy:

@Sarang21 we can’t let you faint in floor again :joy::mrgreen:

Just watch in bed  

Funny enough I was really watching the last episode while laying in bed ...so I was safe :joy:.

@milkokoa I thought that maybe it was that old doctor that was taking care of him before he went to the US. He seems to have a good relationship with him. 

I also agree with some that the topic of euthanasia doesn't really interest me maybe because I cant relate or maybe because they talk about it too much in the drama lol it's going back and forth 

The race to diagnose the patients excites me more, I wish we could have seen more cases 

12 hours ago, Sarang21 said:

I thought that maybe it was the doctor that was taking care of him before he went to the state. He seems to have a good relationship with him. 

Hmm really but saying I miss you? So unlike CYH character, he is tsundere I doubt he would say that and to a male even lol 

2 minutes ago, milkokoa said:

Hmm really but saying I miss you? So unlike CYH character, he is tsundere I doubt he would say that and to a male even lol 

Then could he have said it to make KSY jealous? I mean apart from that doctor there was only that lawyer who defended him 3 years ago and since he is not in the picture anymore....no other relative or acquaintance of his was ever introduced. 

2 hours ago, Ameera Ali said:

@Sarang21

OMG , they should band the mobile :joy: , if they 

do she would have see him one year ago  , worse hide ever how couldn’t she see him , she blind or what , or the other woman in hospital :joy::mrgreen:

I know right? he was literally right in her face. 

The part where he was sitting behind her and she didn´t noticed left me speechless too...he was literally breathing down her neck and she didn´t noticed anything. :joy:

Because she was peeved at him, for not contacting her for 2 years? Hence she didnt want to notice anything, even tough he was near.

Also, i just dont believe that that she didnt rushed to the US when she feels that he hasnt contact her, not 1 week but 3 months. Her doctor's sense, instinct probably should have gotten her on to the plane... but that didnt happen. 

And yes the person on the other phone, why did he say i missed you? 

So many loose ends to tie, hence the ending wasnt that great as it should be. 

@Ameera Ali the gif were hilarious!! :joy: i hope he din choke himself on those big sandwich bites! i need a cute guy like this around me.. maybe i should start hanging around subway.. :star:

8 hours ago, milkokoa said:

Am I the only one curious who did cha yohan said "I miss you" over the phone? What's up with that? Quite random, he can't be saying that to a guy, it must be woman but who? 

maybe another patient haha.. like he won’t miss any of those research teammates that way but maybe, a kid who was also on the clinical trial? :grin: or probably, a motherly figure when he was there.. definitely not in a romantic way.. :glasses:

Hi guys!

I just finished Dr. John and allow me to share my thoughts here...

Ji Sung never fail to deliver! 

And, even though at first I had some reservation about casting Lee Se Young as the female lead, turns out she's able to match Ji Sung acting wise.

Their chemistry is top notch.

I always say that Ji Sung can create chemistry with a rock :D, but it'll be nice if the co star can give some balance. I love him with Hwang Jung Eum and Han Ji Min, and now Lee Se Young too.

Love the team.

I'm glad they didn't make Dr. Lee to be the opponent instead he's the fanboy. And his love line with Mi Rae is cute.

That being said, I have to say that I was rather disappointed with ep 16. 

It's 2019, why the noble idiocy trope hasn't died yet?

Staying away for three years without a word just because he thought it's the best for them is so 2014.

And Kang Si Young should've slapped Cha Yo Han the first time they meet again. Well, he can't feel the pain but it'll get the point across. 

Also, what's with the phone call with that "I miss you" from Yo Han? No explanation until the end. Does he have a secret child or something? *cue dramatic makjang music  :lol:

But, despite the ups and downs, this drama has been a fun ride with some meaningful messages.

And, Ji Sung is really really I mean really gorgeous as Cha Yo Han :heart:

Hi everyone, i havent really watch the final episode yet, but like most of us here, me too wasnt quite satisfied with the ending. Glad it is a happy ending, but the execution on YH-SY relationship wasnt what i expected. The 3 years waiting. Thats such a cruel thing he did to SY. I felt her when she burst out crying saying that she will never be the 1st to YH :tears:

Despite that, again, she is the one taking the first step to reunite themselves. Thanks God, he is the one taking the lips action. 

Ahh and i would like to address at how fluent Lee SeYoung was when she talk to the foreigner doctor. Rarely i heard other person in other dramas speak as good as her :thumbsup:

12 hours ago, milkokoa said:

He said it to the Prosecutor (with stomach cancer).  It was in the context of “I will see you tomorrow”...and when tomorrow came, he was seen to be at the seminar (?) that the Prosecutor was at.  It’s lost in translation.  The term used in Korean for “I miss you” when literally translated means “I want to see you”.  But most people translate it to, “I miss you” when used in the informal context.  YH used the “formal” version of the phrase, not the usual cute or informal version between lovers or close friends.  So he was talking to the Prosecutor saying, “I want to see you”.

4 hours ago, widala said:

And Kang Si Young should've slapped Cha Yo Han the first time they meet again. Well, he can't feel the pain but it'll get the point across. 

I would rather SY go with " Gyusunim,  Im married now and expecting our first child"

I would love to see that BOMB blowed up in his face :naughty:

@twinklepro  Thanks awfully for the video - it leaves me with such nice memories of the cast. I liked that LSY rested her head on JS' shoulder during the photo taking scene and that he gave her such a heartfelt hug (also said somethings to her) at the end to thank her probably for their collaboration. So warm, eventhough he says in real life he is more taciturn... :P

Has anyone heard any whispers about a possible Season 2?

Archived