[Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

larus

• Replies 802
  • Created
  • Last Reply

26 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

YH oppa.. i know its a mistake, i’ll come crawling back now :lol: @Ameera Ali ok i shall continue from where i stopped (help me get over the mad nurse dramarama pls.) 

For me I start from yesterday episode, I didn’t feel I missed a lot , maybe because the other side story not interested to me :mrgreen:

girl this crazy nurse , nearly send us away let’s try this time IU method  :joy: no eye to eye contact 

For rest of drama :tounge_xd: 

* celebrate the good moment on FP drama  :relaxed: , if you didn’t watch it , watch it , I recommend it for you :wub:

Its the last episode before we say goodbye to Dr John...be strong my heart.

Continuation from the scene last night where KSY receives no email and calls CYH. 

HJ leads the team meeting. Sounds like he is giving them a quiz before they go off on their rounds. There is still no answer or email from CYH. KSY goes to the Clevlend website and retrieves the US number. She calls but there is no reply. She takes leave from work to go to the US to visit him. Just before she boards the flight, she manages to connect with the US number, a doctor from America picks up the call and says that CYH is busy with a project and can't answer the call at the moment but he will be able to do so in a few days. 

KSY feels relieved, she was very worried. The scene at the airport flashes by again and she recalls the kiss they had. She cheers up and leaves the airport. We then get to see the scene in the US - CYH is in the ICU, he asked the American to relay the message but he is not well. 

She drafts him an email to ask about him. She has been calling and keeps getting the same message, that he is too busy to answer her call, but in actuality he is still in the ICU. KSY checks her email again and there is still no news from him.

(edited for correctness of info)

One of the doctors bursts into the room, there is news about CYH on the website about his research since being on it for a year (It says CYH has helped to accelerate the pain-relieving research at Clevlend with the contribution of his mutated genes that causes CIPA). He looks fine in the picture and they all feel relieved that he is doing well over there. The doctors exclaim out loud that this must be the reason he has been out of touch - because he has been so busy with the research, though he looks like he has lost weight. KSY doesn't look relieved though. The team go out for dinner and KSY keeps downing one glass after another of soju. HJ tries to defend CYH by saying that guys can't multi-task, and that he is busy working on a huge project. KSY's sister takes her side and drinks alongside her. Then, HJ says relationships should be like cats (one needs to ask for attention) unlike puppies who only give undivided attention. KSY's sister yells at HJ and says "are you saying my sister is a dog? I don't want to hear another word from all you men." [I like how she has become so protective of her sister, now that they are on good terms again.]

The next scene is a hilarious one (despite the uncertainty of CYH's condition to the viewers, at least). KSY is drunk and her sister has to piggy back her home to their apartment. In her drunker stupor, she laments that she will never be number one to CYH, his patients always come first, now his research comes first. She keeps calling CYH a bad guy. The sister tells her to forget about him - and she says, how can I do that? KSY goes to work. At her locker, she checks out the Clevlend website again, and takes at look at CYH's face. She leaves to make her rounds and gazes at CYH's face again, before finally keeping her phone away.

It looks like some time has passed (@laeticia521 says 3 years) - they have a new group of anaesthesiologists and KSY is acting like a senior, reprimanding the juniors (she tells them that they either diagnose or treat the patients, they can't make a guess as this is not medical school anymore and the patients are not 'guinea pigs' so to speak). She acts all frustrated (it's quite a scene actually - KSY unties her hair and she looks like a lion with the mane all messy). One of the newer doctors ask "What's her nickname again" and someone replies "Crazy KSY". (heheh)

Omo someone walks behind KSY and his steps are exactly like CYH's. His picture is blurred but I bet my dollar it's him - YES, it's him.

(edited for correctness of info)

She walks to the elevator and imagines seeing him there, the very first time she saw him after he had been released from jail. She senses someone behind her and turns around and sees him. He tells her "It's been sometime since we last met. Are you well?" (you can hear the beating of hearts, though not sure whose)

CYH reads her tag and notices that she is now a first-year fellow. She congratulates him on his research, that it has passed the first round of clinical trials and asks him if he is well. He says "It's much better now. I am fine" and she asks him when he returned to Korea." To which, he replies, a year back. Her face changes as she realises what that means. But what are you doing at this hospital, she asks? He is about to answer when she gets a call to attend to a patient. They look at each other as the elevator door closes. He turns and leaves.

It looks like KSY's mum is now the chairperson of the hospital. She is heading a meeting - they are discussing about increasing their capacity to provide hospice care at the hospital and creating a center for hospice and palliative care. The director doesn't look pleased (this doesn't make much money) but KSY's aunt supports the decision. The chairwoman (KSY's mum) says that death is a process and this hospital should provide them with care until they leave. The director and the lackey complain about the idea (the idea is reckless and difficult to implement).

KSY rushes to a female patient who is grimacing in pain but all of a sudden she says she is fine. One of the doctors bursts into the treatment area and announces that he saw CYH at the hospital. He says CYH looks healthier and more charismatic and the drug he was working on is now being developed by a big US pharma company.

Only the two guys seem excited about it. KSY and the sister and HJ look concerned. The patient from before is screaming away in pain again and suddenly stops, she loses consciousness. Both HJ and KSY start tapping their middle fingers on the table, just like CYH used to. Someone makes a comment that they should consult CYH on the diagnosis of this patient. One of the younger doctors asks who is this CYH. Someone from the previous team explains how accomplished he is and what a 'legend' he is. KSY throws a temper upon hearing this (she asks the team why they need to consult him when they have been doing fine, this far) and leaves the room in fury. KSY's sister rushes out to appease the sister. She asks KSY, have you met CYH (you have, right), since when was he back? KSY says that he has been back for a year - the sister is shocked (why did he show after a years' silence, she asks).

KSY meets the Chairwoman and she asks him to consider being part of the earlier development at the hospital. She wants to put together a palliative team to soothe the minds and bodies of dying patients and asks him to lead the pain management side. He picks up a cup of tea/coffee and hesitates for a while before drinking it, but he does not seem fazed about the temperature of the drink anymore. He does not give the chairwoman an answer though. 

HJ calls CYH and asks him if he has met KSY (to which CYH grins and says yes, and HJ pumps his fist in delight). HJ tells CYH that there is a patient that they need help with diagnosing.

5 minutes ago, SC2019 said:

It looks like some time has passed - they have a new group of anaesthesiologists and KSY is acting like a senior, reprimanding the juniors. She acts all frustrated. Omo someone walks behind KSY and his steps are exactly like CYH's. His picture is blurred but I bet my dollar it's him - YES, it's him.

3 years passed 

45 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

For me I start from yesterday episode, I didn’t feel I missed a lot , maybe because the other side story not interested to me :mrgreen:

i heard the prosecutor has turned good and is on YH’s side instead of that madnurse (like madness) haha so i’m curious about it.. although i’ll definitely want to jump right into yesterday’s episode haha smooches smooches :wub:

there are many upcoming dramas this month, i need to stay focused! lol i’ll tag you in those threads too hahaha @Ameera Ali threads without your humor is really quite dead.. (if you get the hint which thread i meant, LOL) :lol:

(edited also)

KSY goes to talk to the female patient that was groaning in pain and that patient asks how long she has been out (it's been an hour), The patient says she is hungry. They feed her in a waiting area and CYH steathily sits at the back, easedropping on the conversation and even looks at the tablet, examining the patient's medical information (the results are all normal). He is all ears as he listens in on their conversation. This pain comes 5 times a day, and she has had this for 10 years. But there are no other side effects, she just falls asleep. Recently though, she starts to experience some pain.

The patient says "do you believe me or the condition that I have?" Other hospitals have diagnosed her as having irritable bowel syndrom or an imaginary condition which she fakes to gain sympathy." HJ tries to lighten the mood and quotes what CYH said in the past that pain has to have an identifiable source. (CYH grins at hearing that he has just been cited, and both men nod at each other in ackowledgement.) The patient asks the doctors to set her free from this condition. They inform her that they will run further tests to find out the cause.

Without saying a word, CYH leaves - KSY has no idea at all that he was just behind her. The two male doctors read some news about CYH. KSY's sister sees it and informs her about it, giving her an explanation as to why he couldn't contact her before this. 3 months into research, he had a lung infection that nearly cost him his life, after which he focused on his research. KSY comments that this is CYH, but what about since he has been back? She is still upset that he never contacted her.

CYH sends her a text message asking her if she has done a brainwave check on the patient (it's from an unknown number). She calls to find out who it is, and confirms that it is CYH. They talk on the phone and end up meeting at the staircase (it's the usual staircase that they meet). She sees him and cries, and asks him why he never called, even when he was on the brink of death. He explains that in those 3 years, he didn't know what would happen (if he would live or die) but he was certain of one thing - that their love would not end so easily. He wanted to return to her when he was more certain. He apologises to her and wipes her tears. He then tells her that she doesn't have time to cry - go to the patient and monitor her brain waves for 24 hours. (frankly this runs true to his character, at a time when regaining KSY's favour counts, he still directs her to the patient.)

(I am about to punch the two male doctors for walking in on the duo again.)  They hug him and tell him how much they miss him. KSY walks off and goes to the meeting room to discuss with her sister and HJ about running tests on the patient. The two doctors rush into the meeting room and inform HJ and KSY's sister that they just saw CYH. HJ breaks out in tears - he is so happy to hear that CYH is back and the 2 doctors start crying too. KSY leaves and provides treatment to the female patient.

The team meet up again with CYH for a meal. They are somewhat drunk and tongues get loose. KSY's sister comments - you can't be that busy that you can't even send us news about yourself for the last year. Suddenly the phone rings and CYH leaves the room to take the call. KSY catches him saying that he will see someone tomorrow and misses someone over the phone, and then he announces that he needs to leave. The team ask him if he will rejoin the hospital - but he says not really. And they don't have to meet up at work only. 

KSY does not look too happy. HJ offers to take him home but CYH says he left the car at the hospital. He walks back to retrieve it. KSY gets up to leave but the sister tells her to drink some more.

CYH walks, hesitates and then turns back. KSY remains with the team. HJ says whats more important is how people feel. He then reveals that CYH has been 'stalking' KSY for one whole year. We see him hiding behind a coffee cup, trying to look discreet as he sits at the cafe, just outside their pain centre, on a few occasions. It looks like he is there, checking out on KSY, with a silly grin and a look of delight on his face whenever he sees her. The funny thing is that KSY never realises he is there. 

HJ says he knew along that CYH was doing it and KSY's sister scolds him for not revealing this earlier. HJ says that CYH has been in contact with him all this while. KSY's sister rebukes him for not telling the team. He explain that CYH was still getting treatment and exercising to regain his health. It is only recently that he has regained his health - and then he points at KSY and says "You were always on his mind." The team chide him for being such a good actor all this time. 

Upon hearing this, KSY runs outside, to look for CYH. He has been waiting there for KSY to look for him? Because KSY finds him just standing there and waiting. She hugs him and tells him she could not forget him, she couldn't find anyone else like him. Don't leave and don't go anywhere else - just stay by my side, she tells him. He says, "I will. I love you, KSY" and kisses her. (For a somewhat stoic character, he does take a lot of initiative in skinship. But I guess he wanted the confidence himself that he would be around to continue the relationship with her.)

Subway appears again - CYH is enjoying a sandwich. He receives a text from KSY (saying she is late) and he tells her to be strong. (I think the person he said he missed to was the prosecutor) KSY meets up with the prosecutor at an event and hugs him. It is a forum, on the current laws in Korea (when it is appropriate to prolong life or not) even the nurse is there. They bring up hospice and palliative care as a neutral way to respect and value life while also considering how to care for terminally ill patients with dignity.

The event ends and the prosecutor asks if CYH is better now, and he confirms it. In turn, he asks if the prosecutor is ok, and I think he says he is hanging in there, living life despite not knowing how much more time he has. Both him and the nurse look forward to obtaining the drug that CYH has developed. It looks like the nurse has found peace as well - she does not have anymore animosity on her face. 

HJ and KSY rush to the female patient's side, the one with chronic abdominal pains. They give her anti-seizure medicine, and she takes it gratefully. HJ and KSY talk. HJ apologies for not telling her about him having checked in on her regularly for the past year. But she says it's because CYH told him not to reveal it - he says he got told off really bad by KSY's sister. She thanks HJ for being CYH's listening ear, it would have been lonely not to have someone to talk to in that one year. HJ then asks KSY if she knows where CYH works now, and she says she does. He proposes that they visit him one day. She agrees happily. 

The doctors are going to visit CYH's workplace, in 2 cars. CYH is working at a Healing Clinic now. KSY texts him to say they are nearly there. There is a voice over, CYH says he is a doctor. To patients who are terminally ill, what they want is someone to understand their pain and their pain is shared by someone.

The doctors are going to volunteer at the place that CYH is working at. CYH reaches out and takes KSY's hand. They walk hand in hand into the centre. The doctors check on the patients. And we get to see a trivial side to CYH as he plays the piano to entertain the patients at the center. CYH continues to narrate that pain is evidence of life and that it lives inside of us but our lives also end with pain. And having someone to share your pain gives you the courage to embrace that pain.

CYH and KSY stare at a tablet, CYH scribles something with his hand, then they stand, look at each other and smile as CYH narrates, "Recognising and sharing someone else's pain - that is my last prescription for the pain that stays with us, as long as we live." (its the kinda scene with the white surreal background).

The END.

I wonder why with this show, the script writer has chosen HJ to be the one to reveal what CYH has done, in stealth. This is the second time that HJ makes the big reveal. The first time, that CYH was by KSY's father's side and the second time, that CYH was 'spying' on KSY all this while....and it makes KSY look like the 'childish one', the one who does not understand CYH's good intention, the one who is clueless....  is it because he's the older and wiser character and she's supposed to be the more emotional, immature one in the show?

With this kinda ending, I wonder if the director and script writer are really considering Season 2? Did the show inform us whether CYH takes up KSY's mum's offer to do work at the hospital - did anyone catch it? (I rewatched with subs, and he didn't reply her.)

• Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Doctor Yo-Han/Doctor John, 의사 요한

I kinda like the ending. It’a happy one. The only thing that bothers me is ‘3 year’ thing. It’s a very long time. Why did they have to separate like this? Why didnt he tell her that he was back to Korea? Its friggin a year! Yeah I know he was being treated but I wish they hadnt suffered so much.:tears:

Btw I like the way they looks each other in the dinner scene. I feel the love. :wub:

This is the best drama of the year for me. I will watch again and again for sure. :D

1 hour ago, sadthe1st said:

i heard the prosecutor has turned good and is on YH’s side instead of that madnurse (like madness) haha so i’m curious about it.. although i’ll definitely want to jump right into yesterday’s episode haha smooches smooches :wub:

there are many upcoming dramas this month, i need to stay focused! lol i’ll tag you in those threads too hahaha @Ameera Ali threads without your humor is really quite dead.. (if you get the hint which thread i meant, LOL) :lol:

Our oppa giving us fan girl treatment, can we be greedy & hope for bed scene :joy::yum:

15678688031567868741.gif

15678690111567868944.gif

15678692101567869125.gif

** All up coming drama look good , I enjoy your post too , I hope we meet in other thread , tag me I will tag u :wub:

Archived