Quantcast

2 hours ago, triplem said:

So perhaps Turtle could be different people using the same modus operandi following the instructions of Jang Society

I also think that there must be more than one person.  But I still wonder if Yeom could be deep in this Turtle mess.  As a female officer, she must have had to deal with a lot of problems on the force that have angered her and that she would not have been able to combat openly; it makes sense that she would be finding ways to work behind the scenes to take action against the bad cops.  It says a lot that she has used another female office as her plant.  

Seems like we need to watch the women in this drama carefully.  Is there any one of them that we can trust?

Lawyer Han has stirred up more trouble than she can handle.  If she was willing to double-cross DCK & Crew, then who else has she angered by double-dealing?  

I can't recall the name of the character but we saw a quick reminder scene of the female client that Lawyer Han had early in this drama--the client who essentially double-crossed Lawyer Han.  How is she involved in all of this now?  I want to wonder if she could be the Turtle who targeted YG but we know that Turtle is with the police so this doesn't seem possible.  

Honestly the plot is so thick at this point that it's hard to stir the pot, and I can't even quite put all the details together either.

This isn't exactly related but I keep thinking about the name Turtle.  Where I live, there is a species of turtle that crosses my land every spring on their path to breed.  And I always worry about my cats who live outdoors because those turtles are very dangerous--they can literally bite off the legs of small animals or the fingers of people.  They are Not cute little turtles; they are deadly dangerous.  And I think that's what we've got here:  snapping turtles.

Scary turtle picture

Spoiler

reptile_alligator-snapping-turtle_600x30

• Like 7
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

LO and I just finished watching with subs.

(humble brag) I'm glad that people are getting on board the 'multiple thumb killer train'. The speed at which the killer gets about is pretty frightening imo. 

LO thinks it would sit right within Yeom's MO to be both boyfriend and also turtle...

For me, DC Park is still the head of all this. He talked in episode 1 about knowing about only bringing good news etc and turtles are about knowing how to go into hiding in order to protect themselves. He is also power focused and ***BITTER***.

I know we are meant to trust JSY but I can't... sorry... she is just too... innocent. Why would they trust someone like her to do a job like this? If it was so important... 

Here is a list of the names in the Giants Club (Jang/Chief Society) folder...-->all of them have "police" next to their names btw (apologies for any misspellings):

Spoiler

Min Yeong-ki

Kim Chang-uk

Kim Myeong-ho

Lee Sang-won

Park Jin-woo

Jo Dae-seong

Lee Hyo-jeong

Kim Do-hyeon

Moon Ki-bum

Go Joon-gil

Kim Song-hyeon

Lee Joo-hyeong

Seo Seok-ho

Kim Jae-ryeon

An Seong-kyo

Yoon Soo-jong

Park Seo-won

Do Min-ho

Hwang Soo-hyeon

does anyone recognise any of the names? We know it hasn't been updated since 2017...

What we do know is that JHR isn't on the list--unless I missed his name right at the bottom! This not so secretly makes me happy.

V. curious about the next episode... I feel like we are beyond ready for the conclusion so it will be interesting to see how they stretch out the final five episodes.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 4

It was a light episode in term of plot, especially for us who have spent the last weeks speculating about the identity of  boyfriend: it made the end anticlimatic but despite all the writer managed to expand the scope of the conspiracy, and to insert and mix few good twists with satisfying character development. 

21 hours ago, triplem said:

Of course ! Lose the witness, the suspect , the ledger ! Why am I no longer surprised? :lol:

Poor guy! He's suffering all the beating and emotional trauma and as if it wasn't enough, he must also never win! :tears::lol:

More seriously, he would definitely look incompetent if the timeline wasn't so strange: how much time have passed between the call he made to the team and his attack? 10 or 15 min at best.

The killer was really quick: he was informed, prepared with all his torture  instruments and reached the place before everyone else.

Or maybe he was already here: the security guard seems to me too intrusive to be honest. Also he's the only one who had access to the security footages. Can he be working with the cleaning company?   

14 hours ago, thistle said:

I was right about Boyfriend!

Big kudos to you and @bebebisous33 for guessing right that it was a woman and that it was the commissionner! B)

There was really few little clues left to catch on it: your eagle eyes and logical brains did a good job here.  :thumbsup:

Quick thoughts:

I felt the family vibe that the team seemed to have at the start of the drama was back and i really enjoyed the return of those bonds! :w00t:

• Be it the very  comfortable (almost intimate) atmosphere between DCK and HTJ at the beginning of the episode when they were sitting in the team office, and she admitted still having nightmares about her attack.
  • the very concerned reactions of all the team when KYG was hurt: DCK checking his neck and sending JSY to nurse him, HTJ staring at KYG's face few long seconds with worry and relief, JSY putting a band aid on his wound. 
  • HTJ  trying to get his approval in her dicussion with DCK about the path to pick for the investigation, and KYG refusing to choose between them because he feels loyal to both .
  • KYG and JSY's cuteness when they thought that DCK wasn't aware of her spying.
  • KYG trying to cover JSY's "betrayal" to protect her. 
  • JSY's admitting that she gave  DCK her password while knowing he would have access to the vids she took "secretly",
  • DCK ignoring JSY's apology and continuing to trust her completely and treat her like a full member of the team like he's been doing all this time.
  • DCK refusing to blame HTJ when she blowed up his plan once again because he knows how much she suffers for not being able to move on with her life.
  • KYG opening his heart to DCK about his fear that his father's field was cleaned to hide something. 

I love to see DCK and KYG trusting each other and having each other back  when they go in the crime scenes. Their great team communication in the massage parlor was a treat!  

However i can feel that no matter how much KYG wants to trust entirely DCK (and he really wants it) he's very much troubled by the fact that he manipulated evidences in his mother's murder case. DCK is incapable to respect the law even though he's doing the right thing and it's weighing on KYG. I hope now that DCK learnt to stop being secretive, he could learn too to be respectful of the procedures. He needs to live up to his words about not crossing the limits and to become a true model for KYG and the rest of the police force to make up for his past..   

JSY said to him  that the higher ups/boyfriend/ the commissioner was intrigued by the fact  that DCK picked Seyang Police station as his assignment. Did he already know something about the place that he's keeping for himself?

Same for the conflict between DCK and HTJ: it's very frustrating but also made their relationship so challenging! 

They reached a point where they want to work together and to trust each other but don't know how to do it because it's been so long for both since they work honestly with someone else. I liked a lot that the writer made us feel strongly HTJ's regrets when she turned her back on the team. 

Their opposite methods and goals are getting in the way of the professional bond they want to have but it's hard to take a side here: both are right in their own way from their own perspective. KYG's answer to get both the killer and the mastermind wasn't only wise and full of good sense, it was also the only way possible.       

I wonder if we can avoid the loss of one of the good guys. If the show wants to keep us on the edge of our seats, it must raise the stakes. The big 3 are safe but sadly not the secondary characters.

For me it's a tie between Jae Sik and JSY. I think it will be him only because he works for the most dangerous side: HTJ. She's willing to risk anything, even her own life to end her long nightmarish quest, she's bound to hurt someone close to her at one point. Also, he's not a cop and the killer only spared cops (KJM died from a heart attack technically).:tears:

4 hours ago, triplem said:

Long story short - DCK asked DC Park if he was the one who sent the video , and his very cryptic answer leads me to believe that he is part of the Jang Society and the mastermind:

Isn't catching those pests that are corrupting our society more honorable than catching someone who killed a few people? 

So  my take  is that Jang Society are indeed a group of law enforcers who are so called delusional with the system and want to serve justice in a country where the corruption is so systemic that it was impossible to trust the law to to deal with the corrupt. So these folks are self-appointed vigilantes. And DC Parks words at the end there sounds very much like the mindset

Good point! 

I think it started as a vigilante group but things went even more wrong when one of them began to make money with the death of the criminals behind the rest of the group back, undermining completely the initial purpose of the group. But who is the traitor? My bet is still on JHR using the thumb killer to keep himself "clean'. Either it's the security guard or the owner of the cleaning company. <_<        

• Like 3
  • Love 3
  • Insightful 6

Pics for ep12!

Sorry for the double post: i had to cut it because it would have been too long! 

68448236_2399785060069919_60840143065783

67869865_2399785263403232_22592687145683

68845653_2399785413403217_79998559458049

Spoiler

68348380_2399785383403220_86628221326333

Spoiler

68623807_2399785146736577_23385002483153

Spoiler

67963940_2399785133403245_80585403259431

Spoiler

68238066_2399785123403246_11766088419497

Spoiler

68977294_2399785246736567_18569172992655

Spoiler

67700777_2399785220069903_44964728421073

Spoiler

67682284_2399785396736552_80242345280693

• Like 5
  • Love 3

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

felt the family vibe that the team seems to have at the start of the drama was back and i really enjoyed the return of those bonds! 

Me too . I was quite moved by the scene at the beginning when YG was wondering why dad did not trust him enough to give the ledger to him straight away & what if he had never found it . He felt as if dad may have erased all the corruption charges he supposedly had.  Then I just loved how DCK assured him that dad would hv wanted to solve the case & tell him everything after. 

1 hour ago, thistle said:

can't recall the name of the character but we saw a quick reminder scene of the female client that Lawyer Han had early in this drama--the client who essentially double-crossed Lawyer Han.  How is she involved in all of this now?  I want to wonder if she could be the Turtle who targeted YG but we know that Turtle is with the police so this doesn't seem possible

Her name is Lee Hyo Jung  . She was the one who was supposed to give her kidney to her “Husband” .  prosecutor Lee , the one who was pushed off the building had arranged the deal / was somehow in cahoots under his boss’s instructions. His boss is DA Min who just died . Anyhow she can’t be as she’s in jail . Han TJ sent her there for being involved in illegal organ transplant. 

@tinymel in the list above, I recognise Min Young ki who was the District Attorney that just died , and Park Jin woo is the Deputy commissioner. Yes , the latter is the most likely culprit right now , something I had suspected from the beginning . However the drama is very good at making you doubt your guesses :D

@Ameera Ali I like SY a lot . I think I know why Yeom got her to do this. She’s the straight & narrow sort , and Yeom figured she won’t disobey what she’s been told to do . 

Edit: I’ll try to watch live & give some simple recaps 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Insightful 3
  • Thanks 2

44 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I wonder if we can avoid the loss of one of the good guys. If the show wants to keep us on the edge of our seats, it must raise the stakes. The big 3 are safe but sadly not the secondary characters.

For me it's a tie between Jae Sik and JSY.

Not Bodyguard Oppa!  :o I'd flip a table.  :crazy:

At the end of the day, I think that DCK is gonna have a price to pay and that he can't get away clean.

17 minutes ago, triplem said:

Her name is Lee Hyo Jung  . She was the one who was supposed to give her kidney to her “Husband” .  prosecutor Lee , the one who was pushed off the building had arranged the deal / was somehow in cahoots under his boss’s instructions. His boss is DA Min who just died . Anyhow she can’t be as she’s in jail . Han TJ sent her there for being involved in illegal organ transplant.

How did I forget she was in jail?!  :blink:  Bad me.  When they showed that short clip with her in it, I thought it must mean something because dramas don't usually hark back like that unless a character will make a return.

• Like 6
  • Sad 3

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

Me too . I was quite moved by the scene at the beginning when YG was wondering why dad did not trust him enough to give the ledger to him straight away & what if he had never found it . He felt as if dad may have erased all the corruption charges he supposedly had.  Then I just loved how DCK assured him that dad would hv wanted to solve the case & tell him everything after. 

That was my favourite scene too! :w00t: 

I love when DCK acts protective and tender with his team! 

37 minutes ago, triplem said:

Edit: I’ll try to watch live & give some simple recaps 

Thank you! :kiss_wink:

18 minutes ago, thistle said:

At the end of the day, I think that DCK is gonna have a price to pay and that he can't get away clean.

I totally agree and it's killing me: i could accept if he goes to jail but not for too long! :bawling:

More still cut!

What's going on ? Is she trying to kill him?:scream:

Spoiler

EBrD9lIU4AALXxc?format=jpg&name=360x360

Spoiler

EBrD9lGUwAEV-qc?format=jpg&name=360x360

Via: ahjeosi

• Like 9
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

What's going on ? Is she trying to kill him?:scream:

There's blood on the floor in the second picture.  Scary.

• Like 4
  • Sad 4

Posted (edited)

Live caps

TJ being interrogated by Jang . Same as last night , asking if she shot him. 

DC Park is watching from the other side . Yeom comes in exchanges some words , hmm definitely these two are not on the same side . Interestingly TJ was telling a list of names of prosecutors & cops to Jang. Yeom intervenes & says stopped presssuring her & she had a hard  day . Jang had to let her go

yeom , TJ , DCK , YG , SY meet in the room . Not sure what transpired but at the end before she left she asked DCK if he’s cool with SY. SY then apologise to TJ for being the “mole “ for Yeom. TJ says she understands, and she knew . She asked DCK if he did , he says yes . SY shocked . YG annoyed he was the only one who didn’t . Lol! 

Edited by triplem
  • Thanks 11

The younger ones & Jae Sik go to TJ office to check out the gun shots .

Then later TJ tells DCK what happened. As she was pressuring DA min for names , Turtle came in & shot Min & quickly put the gun in Min’s hands . She took the gun & shot at the guy twice but missed but it hit him a bit  . ( the guy was short & eyes look like DC Park , let’s check the videos later ) 

DC park came in to talk to the two . He was stressed out and it he seemed insistent it was a suicide   . In her flash back after the gun shot , Jae Sik had come in to help her . She got him to get blood sample from door . But I think she does not trust cops , so I think willl get tested outside , but she exasperated DCK because she wants to do things her way 

• Thanks 10

Jae Sik , YG & SY in TJ office . Very cute scene btwn JS & SY ( see later : D ) . Then a guy came to look for JS . Something about Kyoro cleaning again. Later on they interrogate some guy ( not sure who ) . But after the guy left , DCK & YG stood in front of the mind map & DCK thought of something or about someone . They ask SY about it , flashback to when YG & DCK went to check on Kyoro cleaning . 

Then DCk tells SY to go check on something & he & YG went back to Kyoro cleaning. Check the incinerator again , there’s hidden compartment.  

Now we see prosecutors come to use kyoro cleaning to burn drugs ceased . But what they do is they don’t burn all of it . They actually keep some in her secret compartments & then take some pics of those remaining to look like they burn them. Wow ! The prosecution is in cahoots in supplying the drugs 

Anyway later on , Jang & team come and catch the staff from Kyoro cleaning  & seize the hidden drugs .  

DC Park getting ready to give press con & speaking to Jang . DCK comes in says some stuff ( sorry need subs ) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 9

Kyoro cleaning guy being interrogated by Jang. Jang points to camera , walks over to the guy & says some stuff quietly to him . 

DCk gets call but does not pick up . He asked SY for her spy cam . 

TJ goes to see DC Park. Her office had cctv . She shows him the video of the shooting . How can it be suicide ? She’s somewhat threatening him. Wah DC Park was mad ! 

After she left , he called someone & mentioned about TJ . TJ goes back to the team’s office . SY calls DCK & says that Comm has gone somewhere. She’s like DCK mole now . He tells TJ he  has to go out . She says she’ll wait in office . DCK used the spy cam to observe her . She gets a call from JS then she left 

Yeom bumps into DC Park who was in a huff & a puff as she said some things to annoy him 

• Thanks 10

3 hours ago, thistle said:

Seems like we need to watch the women in this drama carefully.  Is there any one of them that we can trust?

I am glad the women are important chracters in the drama.

I just watched episode 11. I want yo watch episode 12 with subtitle too. I can`t wait.

Just a few thoughts.

It was not a surprised that Yeom Dong-Sook was the "Boyfriend". The majority of us had a strong  suspicious that Yeom Dong-Sook sent Soo Yeon to keep an eye on the team, especially on Do Chi-Gwang. Something is telling me that Yeom is part of the Jang Society. I don`t trust her. 

About the Thumb Killer or Turtle.. for the first time I saw clearly that the person who wanted to kill Young Goon was a woman. How she moved, the allure, everything was telling me that the person who took the ledger was a woman. I have to watch again the scenes when Thumb Killer appeared.

Maybe there are more than one killer. The killer`s line could be Jang Society motto or something. 

It is hard to believe that a woman took down bigger men than Young Goon, like Park Si-Young or   Kim Jae-Myung, all by herself. I`ll see.

I don`t want to read the recaps for today episode but I imagine how wrong I will be in my perception when I will watch the next episode. :lol:

• Like 12

Posted (edited)

Jang got Jae Sik to come in for interrogation ( why ?) and showed him different sort of weapons . Asked him what each one was annoying JS

YG & Sy follow DC Park to a payphone . They try to listen in to him . Lol! Think he called them , what are you doing he said ? Yg got out of the car & had to explain or talk to him . Then Park says do you know where is TJ ? 

Yg ran back to the car. 

TJ has returned to the room. She Locked it ..DCK still observing her , yG Called & told him . Omg thumb killer is there.  Looks like a woman now . They fight . She stabbed Turtle . Says a Lot . But turtle fought back . The person has mental problems, popped some pills . But now seeing the person’s eyes not like anyone we know   .lol! 

DCK came to save her but she tazed him . She wants to kill him herself. The guy ran . She caught up & the guy was too injured , she ripped his Mask . Not a guy we know !!! 

Edited by triplem
  • Thanks 10

19 minutes ago, triplem said:

TJ has returned to the room. She Locked it ..DCK still observing her , yG Called & told him . Omg thumb killer is there.  Looks like a woman now . They fight . She stabbed Turtle . Says a Lot . But turtle fought back . The person has mental problems, popped some pills . But now seeing the person’s eyes not like anyone we know   .lol! 

DCK came to save her but she tazed him . She wants to kill him herself. The guy ran . She caught up & the guy was too injured , he ripped his Mask . Not a guy we know !!! 

Seems to me that it's the cop who acts as JHR's right hand: the one who keeps coming to talk work with him when he's with his daughter but i'm not sure :unsure:

KYG's reaction when he realized that the guy was the thumb killer :bawling::bawling:  :bawling:

• Like 9

TJ does not believe it’s the same guy . I think the original thumb cutter was the wayward cop that died in Jang’s hand as they had a flashback to a scene of him saying the humanity line . Anyhow YG came in & he got emotional as this one definitely killed his dad.  He was going to kill the guy himself but DCK held him back 

later DCK & TJ sit down as she recovers , and she thanked DCK 

DCK & Jang exchange some words . Later DCK went to see DC Park. Very Long conversation btwn the two ( need subs) . TJ name brought up . He is still giving park the suspicious look . 

Dck has set a trap earlier on with Kyoro cleaning to keep the drugs for DCk to test himself . Daebak , DC Park i think is responsible for that whole drug stuff . Cops come in to take him away .  Yeom comes in to congratulate DCK on a job well done. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 8

Posted (edited)

So the thumb cutter is in the hospital still unconscious. . YG & SY watching over him . TJ comes in to talk to YG . They make peace . He thanked her & gave her a hug and left.  Closure for them

TJ goes back to her office . She goes to her room , omo! Her husband is still alive ! 

- eps ends- 

omg what the heck is happening ? The preview looks like the show is changing gear. The story is a lot deeper then DC park . Seems the husband is shady ? 

Edited by triplem
  • Thanks 9

2 minutes ago, triplem said:

omo! Her husband is still alive 

:o  Wow.  Could he be the Big Bad?!  But he knows she was tortured and had her thumb cut!  Evil. 

Never imagined this twist.

• Like 10

Thanks for the live-caps @triplem :kiss_wink:

I just want to share something about the translation of Jang Society. In the Chinese subs I watched, it's more like "Warriors Club" or "Soldiers Club". I understand how the translation can get mixed up, and actually don't know which is actually the correct one, but just sharing that the pronunciation in Korean is the same for both 將士會 (Warrior Club) and 張社會 (Jang Society)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 7

@triplemThank you a lot for your hard work! :heart:

The scene where DCK and HTJ were holding KYG to stop him from killing his father's murderer was :scream::bawling:

18 minutes ago, triplem said:

omg what the heck is happening ? The preview looks like the show is changing gear. The story is a lot deeper then DC park . Seems the husband is shady ? 

How many layers does this story have? 

It's a labyrinth!

I thought the husband was dead!  

15 minutes ago, thistle said:

:o  Wow.  Could he be the Big Bad?!  But he knows she was tortured and had her thumb cut!  Evil. 

Never imagined this twist.

I don't think he's evil because he had his two thumbs cut apparently but i'don't know anything anymore at the same time!  :scream:

I don't know either what's going with DCK in the preview for next week:o

•  he's acting all frustrated and nervous 
  • KYG and HTJ went to see PSY in jail and the image of DCK killing his mother reappears again
  • At the end,  i don't get what he is doing with his hair? What does that mean? Is he trying to change himself or to hide something?    

The official clips for ep12

Spoiler

Spoiler

• Like 7
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1