larus

[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

I am so sad to just now post something..i have been reading alle the post from the beginning and i wanted to point out that i really feel like it is suspicious that all the turtles worked for jang jae ryeon..

The first one JJR killed in front of YG i forgot the name of that guy and the second one that they just caught also works under JJR..

So what is the connection.. I dont trust this guy he seems suspicious

edit: And if i recall correctly 9 different blood stains were found on the thumb cutting tool ..

• Like 4
  • Insightful 3

Recent episodes be like:

DCG is suspicious. *Helps the team.* Suspicions cancelled. 

DCG fabricated evidence. DCG is suspicious. *Helps the team.* Suspicions cancelled. 

• LOL 9
  • Awesome 1

57 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

All this talk about bread and no pics! :tears:

One day before the end, you must give us a glimpse of it: i'm losing my mind trying to imagine what your bread looks like, as much as with  the drama.  :pensive:   

Apologies!  Alas, I took no pictures of the most recent bread.  But I have found an old picture of a batch of my bread.....well, actually the recipe is my mother's so it's the bread I have eaten all my life (we never ever bought bread) and no other bread ever tastes quite as good to me, although I do make many kinds of bread.

IMAG0121.JPG

Usually I make six loaves at a time but this weekend I made twelve because the weather is so very hot right now (the Heat Index today is over 110) and I figured that if I had to heat the kitchen up anyway, I might as well make enough bread to last a couple of months.  

And I really did think a lot about Watcher while kneading.  The only real conclusion I came to was the one that I already had:  the only person I can trust is Jae Sik!  :wub:

• LOL 1
  • Love 4
  • Awesome 3

On 8/12/2019 at 11:14 AM, 40somethingahjumma said:

Is romance on the cards? (Surprised by reactions to the hug when I started back reading) It never occurred to me that the hug was anything more than an act of human kindness or empathy. Maybe I need to watch the sequence again to be absolutely certain I haven't missed anything ;). It isn't the age gap so much the issue as the sort of dysfunctional familial dynamic that they've been aiming for in the show. If the show is trying to set up both HTJ and YG in some kind of noona romance then they're doing a lousy job of it... it's come out of absolutely nowhere. TJ seems to me more likely to be paired up with DCG. Not that I think there's any kind of romance in the air between those two. In some ways they complement each other and he understands her better than anyone else. But I never once thought that we'd get romance in this drama on any level.

Besides, YG gave her the hug because he thought she was leaving the team. Seems more like a goodbye and thanks for the fish gesture. I think they both need some closure in their lives but darn it... the show just refuses to keep things simple. It's one hurdle after another.

The last two episodes were the best yet IMO.

I agree with you. I'm struggling to feel any romantic vibes or connections between KYG and HTJ, mainly because she's displayed, in my opinion, maternal instincts toward him (she's been protective of him from the beginning). Additionally, I think I might be feeling that way because in the first episodes HTJ's flashbacks were of KYG when he was a kid... Again, I could be wrong. As far as romance goes, I've been keeping an eye on PJH and HTJ's bodyguard. Beside the laughter/stress relief they provide every time they're on screen together, I think it could be a fun and cute pairing... :rolleyes:

• Like 8

46 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

So you never go to bakeries? :o

The Off-Topic-ness is my fault entirely.  :)  I don't live inside a town or anywhere near a city, so there are no bakeries here (although there's a pastry shop in a nearby town).  But I love baking bread, and it's what my mother taught me to do.  It's healthier and cheaper.  

51 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

This scene looks like a painting!:o:w00t:

Every movement and position was so well thought and played! 

It looks like it was really was well-planned and choreographed.  Even the colors that the cast are wearing co-ordinate, and they contribute to the darkness of the scenario.

• Like 6
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, soesje said:

And if i recall correctly 9 different blood stains were found on the thumb cutting tool ..

There are 10 blood stains found.  The coroner commented that there are at least 9 victims (probably the 10th blood stain might have been left by the killer).  But this doesn't seem right coz it seems that there are mulitple "turtles". 

12 hours ago, triplem said:

Do your 5 bodies include the two guys found in the massage parlour?  What about the ex cop Park who is now in jail ( ex Muil employee) ? 

@larus TJ & her ex husband were most likely tortured by the wayward cop Kim Kang Wook ( who was killed off by Jang in eps 2 or 3) . Perhaps he was  the 1st Turtle. 

No the 5 bodies are the 5 of 6 bodies found in the deserted park coz only 5 of these bodies had their thumbs cut. 

I totally forgot about ex-cop Park who's now in jail.

Now, things don't add up any more ..... here are the people/bodies who had their thumb(s) cut:

- 5 bodies with their thumb cut found in the deserted park

- Kim Tae Joo

- Kim Tae Joo's husband

- ex-cop Park

- the kidnapper who was killed by Kim Kang Wook

- the organ trafficker

- Kim Jae Myung

- the recent two guys found in the massage parlour

Total of 13 people.

We know for the fact that Kim Tae Joo and her husband's bloodstains weren't found on the weapon.  So we have 11 people with their thumbs cut.  Have I left out anyone?

:confused:

5 hours ago, titania1000 said:

I don't ship GYK and HTJ for various reasons and yet i feel a very different vibe from them: a mix of curiosity, physical attraction, tension, desperate yearning for the same things  and uncertainity of the limits of their bond when they were around each other that  i never felt from JSY and DCK to take a similar and yet completely different relationship. 

To me, HTJ and KYG give off the vibe that they could lose control at anytime and get "there", even if it wasn't something conscious for them.

As i said, i'm not rooting for it to happen because i prefer the mature and deep understanding that HTJ has with DCK.

Mixed with their sizzling chemistry, it's largely more sexy for me that she has with DCK a man who is her equal intellectually, to who she  can confide in a secure way everything that she feels as dark as it can be, and gets approval even in her craziness.

He doesn't try to control her, he's not afraidof  how wild she can be and in the end, he knows how to stay protective and have her back. That's the most that the drama will ever give me and yet for me it's already romance in a certain way and a very compelling one. 

Bonus thought: he totally noticed that she's not wearing her ring anymore and don't tell me that he meant only as the fact that she's not hiding anymore her scar because he didn't mention her scar, only her ring. 

Really enjoyed reading your analysis on their relationship.  HSK, HTJ, and SKJ are doing a fabulous job portraying their characters.

DCK and HTJ are much more compatible couple (not necessarily in a romantic way, can be viewed as a partnership) more so than HTJ and bodyguard.

GYK and JSY definitely should be partnered up (wait ... they are already ... work wise).

• Like 7
  • Insightful 2

@my0t1 Oh I just realised that maybe the two guys at the parlour happened after YG's strangling. So it could have been a different pincer. So that brings us back to 9 right? I am forgetting the order of things now :lol:

• Like 2
  • LOL 6

So I've finally caught up! I'm going to do some backreading on everyone's comments and opinions! :D I also want to share my thoughts and opinions too! :blush:

On 8/5/2019 at 12:33 PM, Ameera Ali said:

he was so cute in that drama glad u enjoying the drama :relaxed:

Thank you! Yes! I love Are You Human. I love his hair in that drama. I like it in Watcher too. 

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Just found this subbed BTS on YT.  Even Jae Sik has his moment.  :wub:  Enjoy!  

• Love 5
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

You're so mean to him! :bawling::mrgreen:

Poor boy, almost lost his life trying to keep hard this ledger! It's not him, but the writer's doing: this treacherous man loves to torture him with the police betraying his pretty face at every turn. :P

never :joy: I just miss him , in uniform :yum:

I want him to give me a ticket :mrgreen: , What you think, @Lawyerh& @ktcjdrama @triplem :joy:

• Like 2
  • LOL 5
  • Awesome 1

Its nice reading your thoughts and comments guys. I still haven't watched ep11 & 12. Took a long break for the school holidays and I need some catching up with my dramas... Hopefully soon as ep13 is already underway. 

Thanks for the photos. I saw them in OCN FB today. Looks like Young Goon and Lawyer Han get tied up... 

• Like 4
  • Love 2

One more chance , @thistle so we could brag about our bodyguard :kiss_wink: 

5d580443474f7074622600.gif?download

Spoiler

5d5804a3c57f4800724049.gif?download

5d580506af477194011724.gif?download

:joy::mrgreen: , so he didn’t end up like them ( sorry @titania1000 couldn’t resist poor guy he end up like that again , at least they can develop some romance while they are waiting for help :lol:

68508425_2411832045531887_58952908279570

Spoiler

68455765_2411832028865222_83724538162509

• Like 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 1

44 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

One more chance , @thistle so we could brag about our bodyguard :kiss_wink: 

Oh yes, I like Our Bodyguard's weapons!  ;)

But, seriously, where does he keep all those items in that nicely fitted tailored suit?!  :blink:

• Like 3
  • Naughty 1
  • LOL 2

29 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

Howewer after watching ep 13, it's not them that i want to watch but definitely KYG  and JSY who captured my heart! 

Their interactions are so fun, playful, relaxed, warm, tender and sweet! That's my favourite side of KYG!:heart:

I kind of ship them :lol:...but then again, I am not expecting romance for this drama. They are cute together. I have always enjoyed their interactions...they are good teammates at the very least.

Oh wow , so TJ's husband is indeed a bad bad guy. Was he trying to cut YG's thumb in the preview ??? He better not hurt him but @Lawyerh and @Ameera Ali no cop uniform but he looks good fighting :relaxed: especially in the preview

Some cuts from OCN

Spoiler

DCK torturing Park seems a little scary...but I will stick to my guns that DCK is not the mastermind or part of Jang Society

Preview

Spoiler

• Like 4
  • Awesome 2

When Tae Joo's ex called Tae Joo, I was holding my breath that Tae Joo's phone would ring.  Being Tae Joo, she'd already silenced her phone but her ex knows her too well and she still got caught. 

This is one scary scene! :scream:

[EDIT] Thanks Jillia for the friendly warning ;-)

• Like 3
  • Sad 6

2 hours ago, triplem said:

DCK torturing Park seems a little scary...but I will stick to my guns that DCK is not the mastermind or part of Jang Society

I know DCK is trying to get information out of him to save Young Geun and Tae Joo, but the way he just left him to die like this and the way he stares at himself in front of the mirror makes him all the more sinister.  I can't seem to be able to get over this scene yet. 

Waiting for the subs ....

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote videos! Thanks! :)
  • Like 4
  • Sad 5

Haven’t done any back reading. LO and I are at the rugby. V inebriated. But we want to send our love to everyone. Will watch tomorrow and share. Love all. Xxxxxx:wub::sweatingbullets::oB)

• Like 2
  • LOL 3
  • Love 3

23 minutes ago, tinymel said:

LO and I are at the rugby. V inebriated.

:lol:  Best comment ever!  Enjoy the inebriation.  And, oh yeah, the rugby.

Since we've mentioned rugby,

Spoiler

I'm gonna be naughty and go Off Topic again (sorry not sorry) here is the image song for the 2019 Rugby World Japan Tournament (me, huge fan of Arashi for more than ten years):

38 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

I fear too that we will lose someone from the good guys: i resigned to let go of Jae Sik

Jae Sik must be safe!  Everyone, prepare to defend Jae Sik! :ph34r:

38 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

based on the increased screen presence that JSY is getting now and how close she became from KYG (even their clothes are matching a lot lately, as if the two characters are blending into each other), the odds seem more and more against her. :(

On a more serious note, I have been thinking that she is vulnerable and could be scape-goated.   But I think that it's more likely that we might lose DCK, especially as we see more of his bad side.

• Like 6
  • Love 1