Quantcast
Jump to content

[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐


larus

Recommended Posts

@Purpli18

It is KGW who cut the thumbs of TJ & her husband ( it was mentioned by the 2nd Turtle when he was caught ) . It happened 7 years ago not 15 . So he is not too young for it . What happened 15 years ago was the death of YG’s mum . It was years later that TJ decided to reinvestigate , and that’s when she got tortured to shut her up .Most of the gangsters killed & buried in the eco park were also by him ( KGW) 

 

From the final episodes it was implied ( if I’m not mistaken)   that Turtle 2 - the one who became unconscious in the hospital killed KJM ( YG’s dad) . This is assumed to be under JHR’s & DC Park’s instructions. They wanted the ledger but more importantly to shut him up from exposing the fact that he actually started Jang society. He is well aware of who is part of it especially because DC Park was part of Jang Society when it was 1st started.

————

Local audiences seem to like  the finale & ask for S2

https://melohwa.blogspot.com/2019/08/watcher-finale-ep-16-spoilers-han-suk.html?m=1

 

Article: Naver FINALE 'Watcher' Seo Kang Joon finds out Han Seok Kyu's corruption and warns, "I'll be watching you" [Ep 16]

1. [+52, -0]
Han Seok Kyu is really the god of acting... I knew it but I felt it once again this time watching this drama. Kim Hyun Joo and Seo Kang Joon act really well too. I really hope to see season 2. 

2. [+52,  -1]
After obtaining the updated 17-year-old ledger list from Kim Jae Myung, was the missing police officer found? I might have missed it. Will there be season 2? ㅎㅎ I really enjoyed watching it.

3. [+44, -2]
It's the most interesting drama in history. 

4. [+22, -1]
This doesn't feel refreshing. Is it because they are going to make season 2? The head of the investigation bureau and Commissioner Yeom are all from Jang Society~~ And what's with Do Chi Gwang? How could he send Commissioner Yeom to the National Assembly? If they are going to do season 2, at least release some articles about it. I'm looking forward.

5. [+23, -3]
Seo Kang Joon's acting is really very interesting.

6. [+7, -0]
It can't do without Do Chi Gwang.

7. [+6, -0]
What a creation!!! It's a masterpiece! 

8. [+4, -0]
'Watcher' ✌ Kim Young Koon ❤ I'm rooting for Actor Seo Kang Joon. I'll look forward to season 2. The crew and cast, thank you for your hard work. 

9. [+4, -0]
Young Koon-ah, make a comeback.

10. [+1, -0]
Wouldn't this drama be weird if there isn't season 2?

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 8/30/2019 at 12:36 AM, Purpli18 said:

Any kind soul can help me answer these burning questions? 

- who cut the thumbs of HTJ and her husband? It was mentioned that Kim Gang Wook cannot be the one because he was a high school student 15 yrs ago right? 

- who killed KJM and why? 

- who cut ex-cop Park's thumb and why? 

- who cut the thumbs of the gangsters whose corpses were found in eco park? 

 

I have watched all episodes but couldn't find these answers. T__T Did I miss smth? 

 

Thanks in advance for answering 

 1. We clearly saw who cut the thumbs of HTJ and her husband. It was Park Shi young who did it.

2. Jang Hae Ryonng apparently killed Kim Jae Myung.

3. We do not know. (Maybe he did it himself lol to look innocent but I am not sure).

4. I dont know neither.

 

Also someone put a thumb in the lawyer's room and the knife in the police rooom. Who did it ? I think it is maybe her ex husband, he killed the young guy in the hospital then he cut his thumb. I am so confused.

 

I bet they know Park Shi young is not innocent (Do cho gwang and HTJ) they have a plan.

 

We need a season 2.

Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, BaekhyunBBH said:

He did nothing

 

What he did was menacing.  And that is something that would haunt those girls later.  It was inexcusable.  A child should never be questioned without a parent present, as he did with the teenage daughter.  He should also not have been alone with the younger daughter without her mother present. 

 

As a child he had been through crisis so he should have understood clearly the effect of his actions.  At the beginning of the drama, he was seen by a little girl as "a policeman who can be trusted" but by the end of the drama, he was certainly the opposite.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BaekhyunBBH said:

 1. We clearly saw who cut the thumbs of HTJ and her husband. It was Park Shi young who did it.

2. Jang Hae Ryonng apparently killed Kim Jae Myung.

 

If i remb correctly that the turtle who killed HTJ and her husband was Kim Kang-Wook (NOT Park Shi young). The scene shown when the turtle pulled out his mask at the back (his face shown to the camera), it was Kim Kang-Wook.

 

The drama did not exactly explain or reveal who were the actual killers and killed who, but thru their conversation, there was a bunch of turtles in Jang Society who were waiting for instruction to kill. To me, it doesn't matter who is the killer, ultimately , the writer's intent is to let us know that Jang society was the one who created by YG's father (an ironic discovery) with their so called "justice" calling to torture and kill people all these while. Social justice cannot be attained by violence as it kills what it intends to create. DCG and his team formed is meant to prevent men harming or being harmed as well as anti-corruption.  Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it,  that's why we must have laws which should be made in a wise conformity with the common good to the society.  Unfortunately, Not all men obey the law because there are inequality constraint in the society. To prevent DCG falls into the same Cynical and Killing circle, we need a watcher (or a gatekeeper) to watch over him and his team, and that's the punch line and key takeaway message we got from this drama. :)

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, lebeaucouple said:

If i remb correctly that the turtle who killed HTJ and her husband was Kim Kang-Wook (NOT Park Shi young). The scene shown when the turtle pulled out his mask at the back (his face shown to the camera), it was Kim Kang-Wook.

 

The drama did not exactly explain or reveal who were the actual killers and killed who, but thru their conversation, there was a bunch of turtles in Jang Society who were waiting for instruction to kill. To me, it doesn't matter who is the killer, ultimately , the writer's intent is to let us know that Jang society was the one who created by YG's father (an ironic discovery) with their so called "justice" calling to torture and kill people all these while. Social justice cannot be attained by violence as it kills what it intends to create. DCG and his team formed is meant to prevent men harming or being harmed as well as anti-corruption.  Justice consists not in being neutral between right and wrong, but in finding out the right and upholding it,  that's why we must have laws which should be made in a wise conformity with the common good to the society.  Unfortunately, Not all men obey the law because there are inequality constraint in the society. To prevent DCG falls into the same Cynical and Killing circle, we need a watcher (or a gatekeeper) to watch over him and his team, and that's the punch line and key takeaway message we got from this drama. :)

 

It is surprising. I saw Park Shi Young in that particular scene, not Kim Kang Wook. I swear. Does anyone have a Screenshot of that particular scene by hazard ??? I tried to rewatch the ep but couldnt find that particular scene again omg. 

 

Also, yes I got the meaning at the end. 

From my point of view, true justice does not consist of being neutral between right and wrong. The "justice" in our current society is determined by laws, and these laws are determined by politics (and sometimes religion for certain countries), these politics (and religions) are made by humans. But that's another topic lol. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, BaekhyunBBH said:

is surprising. I saw Park Shi Young in that particular scene, not Kim Kang Wook. I swear. Does anyone have a Screenshot of that particular scene by hazard ??? I tried to rewatch the ep but couldnt find that particular scene again omg. 

I remember it was Kim Kang Wook too. But I can't remember which episode as well because it was a flashback...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ktcjdrama said:

I remember it was Kim Kang Wook too. But I can't remember which episode as well because it was a flashback...

Apparently, I am the only one who have seen Park Shi Young. I am so confused. 

The second turtle also said it was Kim Kang Wook, right ? So I might be wrong. 

 

Wow, but even though I am wrong, Park Shi Young is still very suspicious.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, BaekhyunBBH said:

Apparently, I am the only one who have seen Park Shi Young. I am so confused. 

The second turtle also said it was Kim Kang Wook, right ? So I might be wrong. 

 

Wow, but even though I am wrong, Park Shi Young is still very suspicious.

 

It's confusing for me too, but I also remember that it was Kim Gang Wook as well. It was revealed somewhere in episode 13. HTJ had a flashback of when her and her husband's thumbs were cut off by the Turtle and in the last few seconds, he took off his face mask and it was KGW. Hope this helps.

 

Edited: It's around the 22:00 mark in episode 13.

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, taeunfighting said:

 

It's confusing for me too, but I also remember that it was Kim Gang Wook as well. It was revealed somewhere in episode 13. HTJ had a flashback of when her and her husband's thumbs were cut off by the Turtle and in the last few seconds, he took off his face mask and it was KGW. Hope this helps.

 

Edited: It's around the 22:00 mark in episode 13.

Oh thank you I'll re watch that scene ! 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Watcher: Episodes 9-16 Final (Series review)

by Saya

watcher09-00056.jpg

Wow. What a very excellent show. It was hard to do the first half justice, but I feel like it’s going to be even harder to capture the breadth and depth to which the second half took us. Watcher is a show that deserves a close watch, and then a rewatch, and then a thesis, to fully encapsulate every theme and every dark side of human nature that it took upon itself to delve into.

 
[Warning: The following review assumes you’ve watched the first half, and contains major spoilers for the second. Proceed at your own risk!]
 

The murder of Kim Jae-myung (Young-goon’s father) marks the midpoint of the show and takes the show’s trajectory to a completely new level. It clears him of his wife’s murder this is where it all begins to unravel for the villains, as the team finally start to ask the right questions. The Muil ledger, the cause of Jae-myung’s murder, also becomes his legacy. We’re told that the ledger is a comprehensive record of the corruption of law enforcement officials among both the police and the prosecution service.

watcher16-00090.jpg

 

more http://www.dramabeans.com/2019/09/watcher-episodes-9-16-final-series-review/

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I’m on episode 5 of this drama and I find it so curious the way the younger male lead performs as a police officer.

 

Case in point: when he found the dead guy in the public bathroom. I mean, I’m accustomed to watching cop shows where when they go into a place and find a dead body they cautiously search first, sometimes saying “clear” (of suspect) before attending to a dead person. Our male lead doesn’t do this and therefore gets knocked out and almost killed by the suspect who was still on the scene of the crime. That was the second time I saw him behave in a way that doesn’t make sense with cop training. However, I must admit those shows that I watched are US shows and maybe they do things differently in SK.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...