larus

[Drama 2019] Watcher, 왓쳐

Recommended Posts

DCK come into the office . He ask SY to tell yG something when he returns . DCK panics & go off 

 

YG had gone to look for Jang . He even went into the house , he read a book to his younger daughter. Jang comes in . YG & him look at each other . He tells Jang he remembers it was him . Flashback to Jang standing over his mum 

 

-eps ends - 

  • Like 1
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, titania1000 said:

 

:scream:I knew it: the guy was left outside the main action for too long!

And all those ominous confrontations with DCK!

All those turns and twists are so cruel for KYG!:tears:

 

I really should wait for subs . But does it feel anti climactic that he killed his mum? 

Anyway , at this point, we still don’t know who is behind Jang society but catching JHR may provide some clues 

  • Like 7
  • Love 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

@sheelatpsfm Thank you for the link! But it works only for people with a facebook account? I can't see it now...  

 

@triplem Thank you for your complete recaps! You brought much more understanding to what's going on screen! 

 

I'm relieved that DCK is totally cleared of all suspicions and taht the truth is out but still worried about our heroes? 

Jang seems crazy in the trailer for next week!  

 

The link from FB disappeared after I shared it.. I have edited my post with the link from youtube

 

Spoiler

 

 

  • Like 4
  • Thanks 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, sheelatpsfm said:

Preview for ep15.... 

 

Oh my, it just hit me that this drama ends next week!  I'm gonna miss Our Bodyguard, and he wasn't even in the preview.  :tears:

  • Like 5
  • Sad 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Thanks for recap @triplem :kiss_wink:

 

That 3-way gun pointing reminds me of another drama... but I can’t remember what drama :sweat_smile:

 

I hope that we’ll get an explanation why TJ offered Turtle to cut the other thumb of her husband.... I find that part strange. No wonder she felt bad/guilty when seeing him again and tried to hide her thumb behind her. 

  • Like 4
  • LOL 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ktcjdrama said:

I hope that we’ll get an explanation why TJ offered Turtle to cut the other thumb of her husband.... I find that part strange. No wonder she felt bad/guilty when seeing him again and tried to hide her thumb behind her.  

 

At that moment, each of them had already got their thumb cut off.  The turtle (#2 turtle) already knew he could get what he wanted but chose to mock her making her to choose whose thumb should be cut next.  With that split of a second, out of selfishness and fear, she chose her ex thumb instead of her own.  This ordeal was a self revelation of her own true ugliness.  Although full of guilt, she just couldn't face herself or her then husband, perhaps she didn't even apologize to him.  Instead she chose to pursue with revenge believing once she catches the thumb cutter everything could end and she could move forward with her life.  

 

Her ex mirrors her in a way.  He, too, chose to hide his feelings as if nothing was wrong, but clearly he failed miserably and could only hide his feelings (sense of betrayal) through drugs.  He dug deeper and deeper into this hole and at the end he too chose revenge.

  • Like 6
  • Insightful 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Question why he kill her.  Why he was in love with her or yg is the son. That she didnt tell her. What is the truth why he kill her. Also jang since the beginning wanted yt? Be on his size why. The last two episode

  • Like 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Michelle Gonzalez said:

Question why he kill her.  Why he was in love with her or yg is the son. That she didnt tell her. What is the truth why he kill her. Also jang since the beginning wanted yt? Be on his size why. The last two episode

 

I think that the reason Jang killed YG's mom was because she caught him in the apartment when he went to plant evidence on YG's dad.  Or maybe Jang was there to kill YG's dad.  YG's mom probably got in Jang's way because she was trying to keep him away from YG so that her son would be safe.

 

It's too late for there to be a storyline about Jang messing with YG's mom.  Despite the fact that YG's mom and dad had been arguing, it's obvious that they were still in love because of the anniversary rings that YG's dad had bought for her.

 

A lot of evidence has been piling up about Jang since the beginning.  He has always been a sketchy and untrustworthy character.  Now we are coming full circle, and we will see what his intentions are.

  • Like 9
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, thistle said:

I think that the reason Jang killed YG's mom was because she caught him in the apartment when he went to plant evidence on YG's dad.  Or maybe Jang was there to kill YG's dad.  YG's mom probably got in Jang's way because she was trying to keep him away from YG so that her son would be safe.

 

It's too late for there to be a storyline about Jang messing with YG's mom.  Despite the fact that YG's mom and dad had been arguing, it's obvious that they were still in love because of the anniversary rings that YG's dad had bought for her.

 

A lot of evidence has been piling up about Jang since the beginning.  He has always been a sketchy and untrustworthy character.  Now we are coming full circle, and we will see what his intentions are.

 

I think Jang blamed Kim Jae Myung for his daughter's ordeal.  If it weren't for Jae Myung's trick of disarming criminals (that is, to break their fingers), the criminal wouldn't robbed his place and harm his daughter the way he did (cutting her finger).  I think Jang came to Kim Jae Myung's place that night with the intention to hurt Kim Young Geun.  Young Geun's mother tried to protect him and since Jang had killed Jae Myung's wife he decided to let Young Geun live.

 

Jang's daughter's ordeal is what caused the birth of the turtle.  He then trained his own team members to be like him.  This all seems to fall into place.  However, I need a little help to stitch the rest of puzzle together.   What connection(s) do the turtles have with Jang Society?  Are the turtles the Jang Society (established by Jang Hae Ryuong) the elite policemen?  What about the bribery ledger?  I couldn't remember who started to record the ledger.  What is the purpose of the ledger?  Is it to keep the police force, prosecutors and higer-up politicians keep a blind eye to this Jang Society?

  • Like 7
  • Insightful 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Speaking of character development, Han Tae Joo seems to have woken up from her vengeful self.  She finally snaps  out of it and takes courage to face the consequence of what she did in the past.  Realizing her selfish way (of offering her ex finger to be cut instead of hers and later of getting revenge) did nothing good but to hurt all the people around her.  She sees DCK and KYG are on the verge of walking her old path.  She wants to repent and tries to pull them from falling down this rabbit hole.

 

I think DCK knows too well that whatever he did recently (i.e. fabricating evidence against Park and Yoon) it will get back at him and i think he accepts this.  He made a conscious decision that he will do whatever it takes to reveal this hideous corruption.

 

As for Young Geun, I think he will be the only main character who can pull himself out from going down to the dark path.  I think both DCK and HTJ will be on his side all the way.

  • Like 8
  • Insightful 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@thistle , @titania1000 

 

5d59df391b0e6319292383.gif?download

 

Its tricky man ,  but normal person would do :mrgreen: 

* what , what you want :phew:

* think he want the phone ;)

* ask him  :smirk:

but no our favourite girl , start massaging his hand  :joy:

 

5d59df7c24446374974375.gif?download

 

Future girlfriend , that can wait :tounge_xd:

 

5d59dff351b28921766879.gif?download

 

 

  • LOL 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, my0t1 said:

Jang's daughter's ordeal is what caused the birth of the turtle.  He then trained his own team members to be like him.  This all seems to fall into place.  However, I need a little help to stitch the rest of puzzle together.   What connection(s) do the turtles have with Jang Society?  Are the turtles the Jang Society (established by Jang Hae Ryuong) the elite policemen?  What about the bribery ledger?  I couldn't remember who started to record the ledger.  What is the purpose of the ledger?  Is it to keep the police force, prosecutors and higer-up politicians keep a blind eye to this Jang Society?

I hv yet to watch with subs . But I can answer regarding the ledger . This was started by the previous Muil group Strategic Leader ( who went missing ) . The current one is the ex cop Park who is in jail . He told this to TJ a couple of episodes back . So they keep the ledger to keep track of which cop/ law enforcer they need to deal with . Jang Society ( which is actually better translated as Warriors Club, according to ktcjdrama using Chinese subs ) want the ledger as well so that they can find out who are the corrupted cops as Jang Society themselves are trying to find out how far the money goes . 

Hmmm at this point , I don’t think Jang HR is the founder of this society . He too is one of the members & he execute things for them - training people like Turtle 1 & 2 . DC  Park may have recruited him- according to Park , no one knows  how extensive Jang Society is as you will only know your nominee ( I think he means the person who recruited you ) . This is quite a common modus operandi for groups like that so that if one member gets exposed, the rest of the organisation are still protected  

 

@Ameera Ali do you hv a gif of the handshake . That was hilarious! 

Edited by triplem
  • Like 3
  • Insightful 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Quote

@Ameera Ali do you hv a gif of the handshake . That was hilarious! 

 

Yes , my phone all his gifs at weekend :mrgreen::yum: I admire your recapping for us , I couldn’t do it , they are so funny to type any thing :kiss_wink:

 

5d59e5bea7fca935987113.gif?download

 

5d59e58607cb6556275775.gif?download

 

* so cute they have the same sense of style, clothes wise :sweat_smile:

  • Like 3
  • LOL 8
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ameera Ali said:

* so cute they have the same sense of style, clothes wise

 

Their fashion always match :love:

 

But what's with their handshake .... :joy:

  • Like 1
  • LOL 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, my0t1 said:

At that moment, each of them had already got their thumb cut off.  The turtle (#2 turtle) already knew he could get what he wanted but chose to mock her making her to choose whose thumb should be cut next.  With that split of a second, out of selfishness and fear, she chose her ex thumb instead of her own.  This ordeal was a self revelation of her own true ugliness.  Although full of guilt, she just couldn't face herself or her then husband, perhaps she didn't even apologize to him.  Instead she chose to pursue with revenge believing once she catches the thumb cutter everything could end and she could move forward with her life.  

I understood what happened. Just still find it strange that for a prosecutor like her, instead of negotiating with Turtle, eg.offering better compensation, to prevent further harm done to anyone at all, she obediently made a choice as instructed by him. Selfishness? I somehow still don't think she is that selfish to the point of sacrificing other people. In fact, I thought she became so unfeeling like what we've seen so far because of the ordeal she went through 7 years ago. Of course I could be wrong in that she's always been a nasty selfish person. 

  • Like 9
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now