[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Camera Director Shares Behind-The-Scenes Stories Of Filming “Extraordinary You,” Rowoon, And More

Oct 19, 2019
by Y. Shin

Camera director Yoon Kwon Soo from MBC’s “Extraordinary You” has revealed behind-the-scenes stories of the drama’s cast members!

“Extraordinary You” tells the story of a high school student named Eun Dan Oh (Kim Hye Yoon) who discovers that she is a character in a manhwa (Korean comic). When she meets a nameless extra in the story (SF9’s Rowoon), she decides to go against her predetermined fate and find true love.

After sharing that the characters of “Extraordinary You” were all unique and youthful, director Yoon Kwon Soo explained how he filmed scenes featuring Eo Ha Roo (Rowoon). He commented that the charming visual beauty of Ha Roo came from the director’s “romantic” hand-held camerawork. Unlike the usual hand-held camerawork that makes viewers tense with its rough handling, the “romantic” hand-held camerawork moves gently, similar to how one breathes or how a heart beats. It also gives viewers the feeling that the character is right beside them.

In addition, director Yoon Kwon Soo told a behind-the-scenes story about how the team reflected the warm and fresh colors that the original webtoon carries through the drama. He said, “I picked out the key colors I felt were important while reading the original webtoon, and I expressed [those colors] by painting it onto the drama as well. There are a lot of people around me who tell me that it’s like they’re reading the webtoon when they watch the drama. If they felt that way, I think the intended visuals were delivered well to viewers.”

extraordinary-you4.jpg

Director Yoon Kwon Soo continued, “The camera director is the person who’s in closest proximity to the actors on set. When the front of the camera is comforting and stable, the actor’s acting can be perfect. On the day of the press conference, every time one of our actors came out for the photo session, we cheered for them. Later, Jung Gun Joo (who plays Lee Do Hwa) said that he was really nervous at the time, but when he saw me, he felt relaxed. I was happy then too.”

The director also filmed an underwater scene where Ha Roo saves Eun Dan Oh. He was able to work with the actors to produce beautiful underwater scenes with delicate, soft camera work, which resulted in the episode having high viewership ratings during that scene and an explosive response.

• Like 5
  • Awesome 2
  • Thanks 2

I think I'm addicted. I simply cannot stop myself from watching the episodes over and over again, nor can I stop myself from refreshing this discussion thread as well as the comment section in mydramalist every 2 hours..... Dan Oh is just soo damn adorable. And her reactions are always so spot-on and relatable. She's simply amazing. Kim Hye-Yoon has officially become my favourite actress.

g9q8DfKgs5GelItuNTk7KOOhHp1AgTzGBnvH201a

• Like 6
  • Love 2

I think Rowoon's acting doesn't get enough praise, he isn't only visual, his acting has definitely improved and he uses his voice so good , I really suprised his voice's power ,I hope everybody don't talk only about his visual :tears: generally everybody talk other casting acting but not Rowoon :tears: yes I know he is guilty why he is so beautiful:lol:

58dca135-어하루E10-7.gif

• Like 4
  • Love 3
20 minutes ago, leeminhosny said:

I think Rowoon's acting doesn't get enough praise, he isn't only visual, his acting has definitely improved and he uses his voice so good , I really suprised his voice's power ,I hope everybody don't talk only about his visual :tears: generally everybody talk other casting acting but not Rowoon :tears: yes I know he is guilty why he is so beautiful:lol:

It's the first time I saw him and before this drama I knew nothing about him. At first I didn't even know that he's a member of a k-pop group and just thought he's an actor. Anyway, while he has simply captivated me with his beauty, I enjoy his acting quite a lot. He has such expressive eyes and he's perfect as Haru. Can't imagine anyone else playing Haru. I think Rowoon is doing a great job with his acting, whoever casted him hit a jackpot. :wub: Actually, the whole cast is very solid, I love them all.

• Like 11

Now I wish Rowoon do an ost for this drama. Just listened to his sweet voice on  Masked Singer video clip.

Maybe he can sing this. lol

Spoiler

the lyrics goes:  https://popgasa.com/2014/03/05/40-counting-stars-별-헤는-밤/

On a starry night
I see you before my eyes
After night and day of longing
I think of that day

I draw you out on a canvas
Pretty lips, those deep eyes
I will put you on here and keep you
The smile from back then, even your warmth

Stay by me a little longer
Even if my closed eyes say goodbye
Stay by me a little longer
Stay by me, don’t go

Also I wanna see the new BTS video of Extraordinary You, I know it's on naver but I can't watch it.:tears:

Hope it get's uploaded to Youtube soon!

-------

• Like 4

I don't know if anyone else noticed it, but the scene where Beak Kyung talks to Dan Oh at the swimming pool in the last episode..and gives her that towel.

It doesn't actually fall on the floor the first time she gets up- it falls on the chair but the very next scene shows it falling on the floor.

• Like 4
58 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

Now I wish Rowoon do an ost for this drama. Just listened to his sweet voice on  Masked Singer video clip.

Maybe he can sing this. lol

-------

yes we already wait SF9 OST , 90% they sing OST , SF9 sang for Familiar Wife Drama OST, I really love so much it, I hope it is like this OST

Spoiler

1 hour ago, nateko said:

It's the first time I saw him and before this drama I knew nothing about him. At first I didn't even know that he's a member of a k-pop group and just thought he's an actor. Anyway, while he has simply captivated me with his beauty, I enjoy his acting quite a lot. He has such expressive eyes and he's perfect as Haru. Can't imagine anyone else playing Haru. I think Rowoon is doing a great job with his acting, whoever casted him hit a jackpot. :wub: Actually, the whole cast is very solid, I love them all.

Yes I saw so many Korean said they thought he is actor they don't know that he is idol too , I think after this drama he will receive so many drama offer :wub: He will be great a actor :wub: I hope everybody praise his acting too,he has worked so much for this 

49 minutes ago, Jillia said:

. :P The way Ha Ru's "male lead eyes" just stopped him.

I laugh a lot this line  "male lead eyes" :lol::joy: this can be the best line :joy:

30 minutes ago, angelbeast90 said:

@Jillia With these gifs, I think you are making me wanna watch the episode again a second time! Lol!

Maybe I will just do that!:lol:

Shin Sae Mi is so funny:lol: 

• Like 5
  • Love 1
  • Guest changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year