Quantcast

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

finally got to watch lates episodes. frankly I have been hesitating after reading some spoilers.... so yeah really heartbreaking two hour for our characters. So sad seeing how Dan oh trying to be so brave even though she is so scared and ended with death in the shadow... Seeing Haru going true the turmoil of even thinking killed her. But wow BK move his sword. for all the big words he is spitting to Haru in the end he should be the one with biggest guilt. I wonder if this gonna turn him around to do the right things, or become even worse.... 

I see many people say ep. 25-26 did no have any plot movement. om some way I agree. But to me that episode was about how our characters deal with terminal illness and their fears. really speak true about what people and their loved one is going true mentally. I am glad drama writer gave time for this for Dan oh, Haru and BK. sometime I think we are waiting for plot point after plot point so we forget to dive into our characters psychology. to me this is important for us to understand them and what they are thinking. I just really love Dan oh positive attitude even in her worst state. I need a little bit of her spirit.  :phew:

I hope after so much misery next week is looking up on us in a more happy place and that our characters are happy. 

• Like 4
  • Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hahahaha... these two cuties really. I wonder though why they would try to hide their feelings in front of Do Hwa. He is their biggest shipper. Plus Ha Ru asking Dan Oh if he needs to practice flirtin

It doesn't matter if the manhwa world is real or not. The characters are the ones who turn their world into reality.   In this drama it seems that on the one hand the real writer is using D

I think HR killed DO but it was not deliberate and he grabbed the sword with his left hand to stop it but it was too late. But the scene doesn’t look like a sword fight. It starts off with guards surr

Posted Images

5 hours ago, larrysouth said:

Ok, how is it that everyone else appears to be wearing coats and gloves but 2 of our E3 members are only wearing suit jackets?  It looks cold out there.  Let's send them warm thoughts.

Hahaha, I was wondering about it as well. Temperatures are definitely going down in South Korea as well and inbetween the filming, especially Hye Yoon, are wearing blankets around the legs. They definitely need to take care of eachother and their health. :D

Also, that picture is really 100% Kyung's brother. :lol: I'm not sure what the drama will make out of him becaus we only got 2 hours worth episodes left. But still... he is so shady, especially towards Ha Ru. If remembers everything from "Trumpet Creeper" that could definitely be a reason.

Btw in the conversation with his brother it almost sounded like Kyung wants to kill himself in the shadows? So maybe that's foreshadowing what will happen in the end? But that's a stretch. I really can't predict how this drama is going to end.

EDIT:

My reaction to people on social media who say Dan Oh isn't worthy of Kyung:

c48542426b0a0cb745acfd85aaa8b2b15cdd91d4

There is one thing to discuss him as a character but another to be blatantly ignorant his many flaws and blaming Dan Oh for it.

• Like 4
  • LOL 1
  • Awesome 1

@nrllee your analysis about Haru is spot on....Its not in his control that he is an Extra with sole purpose of being a friend/lackey to Kyung...so he has no family, house or relations, what is surprising is he doesn't care much about that....his friendships are all through Dan Oh...Saemi, Sochul and Deo Hwa all know him via Dan Oh....if you lay out the fact the only reason he even attempted to change the stage for Deo Hwa was because of Dan Oh...he is not particularly invested in anything else....he always sits alone, he is not particularly friendly like Deo Hwa or Jin Michae or does not seek them out....Dan Oh on the other hand has a dad, friends, family and all of that mean something to her...in other words as magical as it all looks...their relationship is off balance in a way...I always found it odd.....don't get me wrong, I love them together....but where is it all headed?? I sometimes wonder that.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Jillia said:

Btw in the conversation with his brother it almost sounded like Kyung wants to kill himself in the shadows? So maybe that's foreshadowing what will happen in the end? But that's a stretch. I really can't predict how this drama is going to end.

Interesting theory. This triggers my thought, 

Spoiler

We know from the webtoon that DH killed himself in the shadow out of guilt for what his family has done to JD. The drama tends to adapt some parts of the webtoon and apply it in different way to the drama. So what if they use this trope for BK instead of DH? What if BK in TC killed himself in the shadow out of guilt for what he's done to HR, DO, and his own brother JMC? BK might start to gain his awareness in TC. And the last look when he pulled his hand out of the sword after killing DO, it could be confusion, shock, or guilt. His step bro who witness BK's suicide in TC and know that it's actually not BK's fault because the mastermind of all that is his father (the minister) and BK can only move the way the writer wanted it, felt bad for BK. Therefore he wants to protect BK in secret manhwa so that BK doesnt have to go to the same pain.

We havent seen the closure of TC yet. Did the manhwa end with BK becoming a king? Then what about HR? I think they need to put a closure of what happened with HR and BK after DO's death in TC. This may give answers to how HR can come to secret and how BK bro seems to know it all, and like JMC, insists on keeping the story as the way the writer draws it.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 4
2 hours ago, bee_wannabe said:

We havent seen the closure of TC yet. Did the manhwa end with BK becoming a king?

In the confrontation scene between Squid and BK at the lockers with Squid’s past love, she was holding a comic with a pink cover. I think she’s reading TC. :) so maybe we will find out through her.

• Like 2
  • Insightful 3
1 hour ago, bee_wannabe said:

Interesting theory. This triggers my thought, 

Hide contents

We know from the webtoon that DH killed himself in the shadow out of guilt for what his family has done to JD. The drama tends to adapt some parts of the webtoon and apply it in different way to the drama. So what if they use this trope for BK instead of DH? What if BK in TC killed himself in the shadow out of guilt for what he's done to HR, DO, and his own brother JMC? BK might start to gain his awareness in TC. And the last look when he pulled his hand out of the sword after killing DO, it could be confusion, shock, or guilt. His step bro who witness BK's suicide in TC and know that it's actually not BK's fault because the mastermind of all that is his father (the minister) and BK can only move the way the writer wanted it, felt bad for BK. Therefore he wants to protect BK in secret manhwa so that BK doesnt have to go to the same pain.

We havent seen the closure of TC yet. Did the manhwa end with BK becoming a king? Then what about HR? I think they need to put a closure of what happened with HR and BK after DO's death in TC. This may give answers to how HR can come to secret and how BK bro seems to know it all, and like JMC, insists on keeping the story as the way the writer draws it.

I guess:

Spoiler

that the stage also ended for Kyung in "Trumpet Creeper" and since we can't really hold them accountable for what they do on stage maybe he didn't expect his character to act the way he did, pushing the sword instead of Ha Ru.

Usually in sageuks the parents are always the ones who are pushing their offspring into positions in order to gain power. So I definitely could see Kyung's father being like that and especially being the stereotypical power hungry minister who keeps framing good people in order to come closer to the throne.

I mean what they do in the shadows that's something that can't be blamed on the writer. And sageuk!Kyung was certainly terrible there as well - in the end it was somewhat his plan to manipulate Dan Oh in order for her to like him.

No, we haven't seen the conclusion for "Trumpet Creeper" yet. But I wonder what happened to Ha Ru and Kyung after Dan Oh died. Did Ha Ru get executed as well? Was it all turned so he is the loyal assassin? Was Kyung's younger brother actually part of the master plan?

I could see Kyung dying in the end. I said from the beginning I would wish for him to have a clean cut. To either become a unaware extra without a setup or a character who actually finds love in another manhwa. So at this point I think that's one way to conclude his character arc and give him some type of redemption.

I'm still wondering about the surgery though. I hope Joo Da's grandma is really fine. She received the surgery which was meant for Dan Oh. The surgery she received is a high risk for strokes and so on. I know there are only 2 episodes left and I don't think:

Spoiler

they will follow the webtoon. But still... I don't have good feeling when it comes to Joo Da. I'm so inbetween rooting for her but also worrying she might lose it if something goes terribly wrong. 

• Like 4
4 hours ago, Jillia said:

tbh if kyung ends up killing himself in the shadows for all the guilt he feels for doing that in secret and in trumpet creeper it wouldn't feel like a satisfying end to his character?? he did alot of wrong things to all the characters especially to dan oh and haru and it would be better if he atleast asked them for forgiveness than just choosing to forget everything (it would be really tormenting on harus side to have him the only aware one on what has went on with everything while kyung and dan oh enjoys the bliss of ignorance and unawareness, its unfair) but then again, i can see it happening with kyungs selfish tendencies but i hope they dont do that T___T (or atleast his brother doesnt attempts to do that to him to make hin forget everything and restore the balance of the manhwa) 

• Like 6
51 minutes ago, nimon said:

tbh if kyung ends up killing himself in the shadows for all the guilt he feels for doing that in secret and in trumpet creeper it wouldn't feel like a satisfying end to his character?? he did alot of wrong things to all the characters especially to dan oh and haru and it would be better if he atleast asked them for forgiveness than just choosing to forget everything (it would be really tormenting on harus side to have him the only aware one on what has went on with everything while kyung and dan oh enjoys the bliss of ignorance and unawareness, its unfair) but then again, i can see it happening with kyungs selfish tendencies but i hope they dont do that T___T (or atleast his brother doesnt attempts to do that to him to make hin forget everything and restore the balance of the manhwa) 

I mean in the end they need to write it in a way it's believable to a point we think of Kyung as deserving of redemption. Some might think he already is. I don't think so. Yes, he got a reality check, just like Ha Ru, with how everything just went wrong with changing the stage but also him taking off the mask. And then finding out it was him who actually killed Dan Oh in "Trumpet Creeper". He is not that perfect character with a tragic setup that apparently gives him permission to treat people like garbage. The whole time Kyung turned Ha Ru into a scapegoat in order to feel better about himself instead of facing his own flaws. Now the next episode will show if he learned anything from it.

Also, Ha Ru needs to learn about the truth as well. I'm not sure if it will make a big difference because he still held that sword and the image of Dan Oh dying supposedly at his hand is etched on his memory. But I think the guilt is so big he needs to be relieved from that at least. 

I still see Ha Ru as a character who learns how to be a personality. He came into this world pretty much like a baby. Slowly starting to speak, being surprised of the sound of his voice. Then finding out that he is an extra without any purpose in "Secret", wandering around, drawing in order to remember. Then Dan Oh becomes aware and from there everything changes. He is losing his awareness and when he becomes aware again old Ha Ru and new Ha Ru merge. He has a setup now but still no home to go to. Also had to laugh a bit when someone said that Do Hwa is Ha Ru's best friend but they can't believe it because Ha Ru acts like he doesn't care much about Do Hwa. I think next to Do Hwa everyone looks not really responsive. Heck, even Kyung and Nam Joo can't take all the skinship. So there is that.

How people can say though he is more straightforward is beyond me. When it comes to him voicing his feelings and opinions I appreciate how straightforward he is but his whole being is so complicated and painful. Yes on the outside he got it all, the girl, a good character - even though not without fault - but I think what the last episode showed as well is he doesn't have it all. His character on stage isn't supposed to be with Dan Oh plus he has to be Kyung's friend. And Dan Oh said it as well... this whole manhwa is cruel to them all. 

• Like 6

Why does he keep creeping up uninvited! He does not even say hello just goes right into questioning mode!

---------------------

Some Random thoughts : Haru would be aware that someone tipped the handle of his sword forward at the time it happened. So I hope he becomes aware of that incident in an objective way soon enough!

Maybe DO will have to fall off the stairs again to become self aware!! Haru will be there to catch her I hope!

• Like 2
  • LOL 2
14 hours ago, Jillia said:

On another note: I'm suspicious about Kyung's brother. He is creepy. I wonder whether he will actually play a bigger role than we think. How could he know that killing someone in the shadow would lead to memory loss? Nobody told him. But he seems to remember everything from "Trumpet Creeper". So what if... he was the one who ordered to kill Su Hyang in the shadow. I'm very certain the stage death was ordered by Kyung. But in the shadow I could imagine he would do something like that. He seems devoted to his brother - just like in "Secret" - and he would possibly do anything to ensure his brother the throne.

@Jillia thanks for your insightful post as well as for the rest of the Extra Squad.

Sorry to cut you post short... re this, I read earlier from this thread that he might be the writer tho it was not elaborated and I dunno how it will all add up.

@jeonghyang you naughty naughty dongsaeng!

Sorry haven't been around for two weeks, been sick and swamped with work.  I will try to be around this finale week.

• Like 3

Remember the scene in the hospital before DO passed out,  DO said something like, "I like HR not because he is ny fate changer.  He is my fate"  (And BK didn't understand this) 

So, I think the reset DO will be able to remember HR in no time.   

• Like 8
  • Love 1
13 minutes ago, stargazer187 said:

Anyone has seen this? It says that it is last episode spoiler, they'll have graduation ceremony? 

Reveal hidden contents

Wait... does grade 7 have graduation ceremony like that? I think we have it at grade 9, no? And btw.. they're currently in grade 7 right??? I think their grade numbered differently from ours here. If you're in high school, you'll start with grade X to XII. 7 is supposed to be elementary grade. Hahaha. Well, nevermind

The C-section worried the absence of Rowoon for Sf9 concert in Manila might take him out from the final episodes. Really? Nooo, even he has schedule on that particular scene, I'm sure they have taken his scenes earlier or later right. No male lead in the final is really not fun. Writer, don't dare you to give me sad ending! I detest sad ending! 

I remember something similar happened for drama Just between lovers. Joon ho had to leave for concert in Japan early so they had filmed every scene with him before he parted and filmed scenes that was without him after he left. His character was very presence in the final and even ended the drama with the two leads. so I am sure they have worked around his schedule with sf9 and he gonna be in the final episode. :) I am sure this scenes in context gonna be different than what it looks like from this fan clips. 

• Like 7
2 hours ago, deandraluv said:

Remember the scene in the hospital before DO passed out,  DO said something like, "I like HR not because he is ny fate changer.  He is my fate"  (And BK didn't understand this) 

So, I think the reset DO will be able to remember HR in no time.   

msy.gif

You're right. I noticed it as well. She said "I don't like Ha Ru because he can change my fate. He IS my fate." It's that simple but also somewhat complicated because it could mean a lot. But I also think that's why I don't think they will drag Dan Oh's amnesia for long. :D I'm still looking forward cold Dan Oh. I know I'm weird but it's also gonna be alright.

:wub::wub::wub:

3dc086ce559aebb08c4d9ee718bb27ef60e4b8ed

Spoiler

033f6411c7b09592dd2ba0e94239e582b034b0f2

c99fb2770c5461d4f6d2ec4472ae82ad34ad405a

8a059690db53692daf61b2902e8c7b5deb2c4288

636468fc0acbd65e42613d8fae2edce0fd191619

51fd4a1b4ad221d2f0b26bf40ae7699dae6aecce

b45685a109dce1f63675f9901c007b8e4c05eac1

b9cf7fe68e39661055fc401f6d3a2b4cce128b8a

Credit: rowoonii

• Like 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, dairymilks said:

Jaewook and Hyeyoon filming today. Rowoon is in the Philippines for a concert, icymi. :D

So Haru isn't in ceremony :tears: my poor Haru he hasn't a mother , father, home and now he isn't in ceremony :tears::angry: really last eps are mad me , I couldn't watch translation because my heart so hurt 

• Like 7
  • Jillia changed the title to [Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year