Quantcast
0ly40

[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

7 hours ago, celebrianna said:

@stroppyse, I often wonder if LJW got the role of BK because of his character in the soap opera drama in Search:WWW that the female lead who was his love interest used to watch like a drug. :lol:

Did you know that Rowoon initially auditioned for the role of BK but got cast as Haru instead??? I got goosebumps when I read that because I think that Rowoon could have also made a very despicable BK and we would have missed the chance to enjoy Rowoon as Haru (just imagining him yelling at DO and being horrible to her with his face irks me...I think It would actually irk me more to see Rowwon's face be evil than it does with LJW's face... idk why cuz I knew neither of them before the drama) However I think LJW did an amazing job as BK and I think the casting director saw the potential and gave him the role (Not sure if LJW would make a good Haru tho haha even if he is the sweetest in the BTS I think Rowoon was made for the role....but who knows!)

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Doramy said:

Tell me more your analysis. I think BK is interesting, very complex.  I don't support BK-DO. I am just very curious this character and so i have an attention with BK and Jea Wook actor. BK's action make not define wrong or wright.

sent you a message. Probably best to discuss there. :)

• Like 1

The editing for the last two episodes certainly has been a bit weird. As some pointed out it's because of the live shooting of the drama. There might be scenes for even this week's episodes they filmed maybe a day before. Like the hospital scene they filmed only a day or two before the episode aired.

After watching Korean dramas for so long I'm used to it. I think as long as the drama wraps up nicely I'm okay with it. And hopefully the Director's Cut blu-ray goes through. Then there is a chance we will get newly edited episodes. :D 

• Like 6

SF9’s RoWoon Impresses With Perfect Acting In Drama “Extraordinary You”

sf9 rowoon, rowoon acting, rowoon extraordinary you, rowoon, haru, extraordinary you drama

SF9 ‘s RoWoon is acting as the lead actor in the trendy fantasy high school romance drama “Extraordinary You” (MBC). The drama is popular and many are recognizing his talents in acting. He has received numerous praise for his good acting skills.

The drama is now close to its end and RoWoon has shown diverse emotions through his character HaRu. In the first part of the drama, his acting was mostly bright, cute, and innocent.

giphy.gif

Spoiler

giphy.gif

As the drama’s plot included more mystery and darkness, his character has shown new emotions such as anger, despair, sadness, and more.

Spoiler

giphy.gif

In the most recent episode, RoWoon has shown impressive two crying scenes that were praised online. Be aware of spoiler.

The first one is the scene where the woman he loves DanOh (Kim HyeYoon) died. HaRu (RoWoon) and Baek Kyung (Lee JaeWook) were both holding the sword with HaRu standing in front and Baek Kyung behind. Baek Kyung was the one that gave the deadly wound to DanOh.

HaRu then saw the woman he loved died from the sword he was holding. In the scene, RoWoon expressed the pain and sadness of losing the one he loves.

sf9 rowoon, rowoon acting, rowoon extraordinary you, rowoon, haru, extraordinary you drama

The second one is a similar scene. HaRu rushed to the hospital after hearing that DanOh (Kim HyeYoon) was very sick. When he entered her hospital room, he held her hands and stayed by her side when she suddenly passed away. RoWoon’s expressions of panic, shock, pain, and sadness were outstanding too.

giphy.gif

Online many have mentioned that RoWoon’s acting was perfect. Here are some comments under the two scenes (mentioned above) videos.
Spoiler

Netizens are all talking about how impressed they are by his acting and his crying scene’s acting. They also felt like crying and that they felt sad thanks to his acting. Some mentioned that they could feel his despair and that they were hooked onto the scene.

Do you also find that RoWoon has impeccable acting skills? Were you also moved by RoWoon’s crying scenes?

Spoiler

giphy.gif

• Like 10

@baby.hae, don’t worry. There are some of us who can’t stand evil or malevolent characters. I’m one of them. BK hasn’t engaged my sympathy for 99% of this show all because of his anger issues and selfishness. I can’t with him. 

I love crime and detective stories. They are a drug for me and my friends and I can tell you that there’s never been a villain that has fascinated me by taking precious human lives. Bad behavior also doesn’t appeal to me at all especially because it’s a threat to societal harmony. I can’t stand evil to be honest. Never found it interesting and never found characters (in spite of an actor I like)who perpetrate it interesting. They make me feel uncomfortable. They just revolt me. I also can’t stand whiners. Generally, characters who take charge of their lives despite the harsh hand they’ve been dealt interests me the most. 

However, there has been some characters in Korean drama who were bad even violent characters but they stirred mixed feelings in me. Two such characters were the brother to the guy in 

Come Here and Hug Me and a rich kid in Class of Lies. The former because his growth throughout the show humanized him where I saw instead of just being a thug, bully and criminal, his vulnerabilities became apparent as episodes progressed and they eventually led him to redemption. I saw he wasn’t just his “bad actions” especially after he began to show his care for his stepmother and sister (who were afraid of him) and most of all, he protected and almost sacrificed his life for them.:wub:  I mentioned the rich kid of the lawyer in Class of Lies previously. I thought that he was also a thoroughly bad apple but the writer did something there that a lot forget to do. They humanized him. There were many moments that showed the kid was vulnerable and was repulsed by by the criminal actions of adults and even a good friend. By the end of the show it wasn’t a surprise that he could genuinely apologize to the people he wronged.

• Like 8

3 hours ago, nimon said:

is it just me or the latest episodes (13&14) kinda felt a little off?? SHDHD idk i just have this kind of feeling that it wasnt as satisfying as the past episodes but thats completely fine

No you're not. I felt that too. I also agree with @Nymeria289 that the editing is all over the place. There's this slight disappointment in me but i've become invested in the characters and actors of this drama (especially KHY) way too deep that i willingly choose to overlook the flaws. Here's hoping they wrap everything well so i can remember and rewatch this drama again fondly.

• Like 8

1 hour ago, nrllee said:

sent you a message. Probably best to discuss there. :)

@nrllee I hope you are not put off of posting to this thread about BK.  I do have some negative feelings about BK to present based upon his actions and what he has said in the shadow.  However, I don't judge him when on stage since it is not fair to judge him on what he does or says in stage since the players don't have any control.  That said, I do hope for his eventual turn around.  Having worked as a social worker and a child abuse investigator for a number of years, I have seen my fair share of familial disfunction.  I have also seen children coming out of abusive situations eventually turn their life around and on more rare occasions abusive parents.  Like you have tried to express in your posts, BK is a very complex character and there are in fact explanations as to why his behavior is as it has been up to this point.  My experience has been that the time when real change occurs within a person is when they no longer see themselves as just the sum of their circumstances.  I am beginning to think that this is perhaps the point of this entire series.  Each aware character in their own way is asking the same questions:

• Is this all that I am?
  • can I change who I am to the better despite my circumstances?
  • can I find happiness even in my existing circumstances?

I think director-nim and writer-nim are asking us to look into our own lives and ask these same questions.

Please continue to support BK in the series and promote his cause.  I find him interesting and in the end we should at least be hoping for his eventual turn around.

• Like 10
  • Insightful 1

A question for the folks about Korean ladies fashion.  Are Korean high school ladies allowed to actually wear skirts so short to school.  I am no prude but I was actually a little shocked to see how short some of the student's skirts were and how much leg they show.  I know that as a father this would make me very uncomfortable to know my daughter dressed like that.  I also found it interesting that their was such a wide variety of different shirts, blouses, dresses, skirts, jackets, etc that one could wear and still be counted as wearing a uniform.  I thought the whole point of wearing uniforms was to make everyone the same and be less able to make class distinctions between the wealthy and poor so that everyone gets treated the same.  I am clearly missing something and it seems a lot more noticeable in this series compared to some other school series. 

• Like 4

I mean they're definitely trying to put him on the path of redemption (despite his actions in the last episode) - it's only 2 episodes left, so I expected that. The question is whether Kyung will be deserving of it in the end. At this point I don't think so. From the beginning I wanted Kyung to be the different kind of character. I didn't expect him to be 100% different from his stage character. I even expected him to be very hard to change because his setup is so coldhearted. But he isn't even a real tsundere character because he isn't really warm on the inside either. However I hoped for him to be more ambivalent than he actually is - the few times he showed how hurt he is by his mother's death and the treatment by his father is not enough to make him likable. It made me feel empathy for him because who wouldn't when a father is treating him like garbage. But that doesn't qualify him to be a likable character. I read somwhere that some even like his current stage character more than shadow!Kyung because "Secret" writer entered the stage of suddenly the male character starts liking Dan Oh. I wouldn't agree but I also can see why people think so, shadow!Kyung is just awful.

Anyways, I wanted Kyung to slowly ask himself who is and who he wants to be. If one character had reason to do so it's actually him with his terrible family and his even worse setup. But if he asked himself exactly that then he came to the wrong conclusion. He just decided that apparently he is fine with how everything is. He wants to be that person who owns Dan Oh because the plot dictates so. He wants to be this character who walks around blaming everyone for his situation. 

Meanwhile we have Dan Oh who as well does have a reason to change her fate. She was so clear about her feelings, that she doesn't like Kyung - no matter if he changes or not. No matter if he "permits" her on stage to keep doing what she likes. In the end she always wanted one thing: to live. I think Dan Oh is hurting herself in that process the most because instead of being honest about her pain and worries she keeps on smiling. She chooses not to be mean to people out of frustration over her setup. When she finds out that Ha Ru changed the stage, instead of adressing it she keeps on smiling and even tells Kyung not to tell Ha Ru (because he is so great in keeping things to himself). She only allows herself to be desperate when she is completely alone.

I can accept when some characters find it harder to come to terms with a) being fictional people and b) trying to figure out who they really are and if it's even worth to change something. But just because one setup seems to be harder to deal with than the other doesn't make a character worthy of redemption or to give them a pass for everything.

Also I would like to add: we can discuss everything here, just because the majority isn't happy with Kyung doesn't mean we can't discuss him here. But also a good discussion can only grow from different opinions and nobody needs to agree with the other one. How boring it would be if we all have the same theories, opinions or feelings. 

• Like 8
  • Love 2

large_34032cf9d6c3e19625b453d38babd87934b9a92c.jpeg

Rowoon has proven that he is an idol who can act well. 

On November 14th, the 27th and 28th episode of MBC ongoing drama 'Extraordinary You' aired. The story got more exciting and Eun Danoh (played by Kim Hyeyoon) is now facing her critical health condition. Eun Danoh has to part with Baek Kyung (played by Lee Jaewook) and Haru (played by SF9's Rowoon), the two guys who have feelings towards her. 

In the episode, Haru, who believes he can change the fate given by the writer, could not hold back his tears as he watched Danoh struggling with her life. 

Rowoon immersed himself in the character and naturally teared up in front of the cameras. Thanks to his all-out acting, he was able to completely deliver the story and touch viewers' hearts. 

Fans who saw Rowoon's acting shower him with praises, leaving comments such as "He is an idol but he acts so well," "I think Rowoon will get more drama offers in the future," "It looks so real that I also teared up during the scene," and more. 

• Like 8

Another reason why “I” don’t find BK interesting or compelling is because his character is just a matter of course: his father controls, abuses and uses him but instead of rising above that and making a determination to be different to his father, he follows his natural impulses to rage against the world and anyone in his path. He shows no restraint in his behavior or struggle to overcome these impulses. That’s why I thought that perhaps there would be an improvement after Haru told him to fix himself because I thought I sensed a response from him. Kind of like he was convicted by the truth of his poor attitude and violent behavior. That would have made him more interesting to me as I see him struggle to make changes in his attitude and approach to life. 

And regarding the intrigue of good behavior vs bad behavior, I have a contrary opinion.

Take for example, a worker who complains because of something his boss did to his team. It’s natural inclination to bad mouth the boss and give vent to his feelings. It’s like trying to engage the sympathy of others to your side while simultaneously getting back at the boss. However, say if there’s another worker in that team who equally didn’t like what the boss did but didn’t bad mouth the boss nor complain about him to others. Which person would you find more interesting? The person who naturally vents to relieve his feelings or the person who shows restraint? For me, the latter because it’s not normal. Most people are complainers. That’s why I find people so interesting when they take lemon and make lemonade. It’s probably also why some people including myself really enjoy stories of individuals who overcame their bad environment rather than settling for the excuse of being a product of their environment.

• Like 5
  • Insightful 5

In all honesty, with Kyung it's not even his setup and family... take that all away and leave him as this man who tells Dan Oh her feelings don't matter to him, that he owns her because the story has it all planned for them. Hurting Dan Oh by grabbing and dragging her around. Leaving her in the woods despite her condition.

If I have to choose between Dan Oh and Kyung I will always choose Dan Oh.

• Like 6
  • Insightful 2

Thought Baek Kyung will change to a better person... Watching him to do those little things, I felt selfish... Does he really love DanOh?  Or for his own sake?  Just like what he told DanOh,  she is his everything... 

As for Haru,  he over protective... Should not change the medical report... 

Really prefer Baek Kyung's character in manga... Never force DanOh to like him. Just be with her whenever he can... 

Haru's character in manga also good. Waited for DanOh quietly... 

• Like 6