[Drama 2019] Extraordinary You / Suddenly One Day, 어쩌다 발견한 하루 - 2019 MBC Drama of the Year

0ly40

@Jillia, I have never watched Boys Over Flowers because I couldn’t stand the original Japanese manga or anime. I didn’t like the male lead or his crew and I didn’t understand why it was so popular. ^_^ I still don’t even today. I definitely get the Hana Yori Dango vibes though in terms of the onstage story in this drama. 

• Like 4

MTVkYWJhZmI4MTYwNTI.jpg

1 hour ago, Jillia said:

I think the show is really a parody of all the clichés, tropes and cheesy lines found in k-dramas, namely Boy Over Flower etc. 

BK look like Choi Young Do ( Heirs) and I don't like Young do also :lol: but BK is more prone to violence

That means maybe shooting finish

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, adibadiba said:

@leeminhosny 

I dunno but I kinda feel like the guy felt insecure taking picture side by side with Haru. He is just way too beautiful for a man :joy:

:joy:

9 minutes ago, Dalila said:

by the description of the character of Haru who is willing to give his life I think he could sacrifice himself to save Dan Oh I think I will cry a lot

happy end will be and we will be happy :joy: I don't think bad end, finally this is school drama :joy:

• Like 6

On an off note... I love the whole cast, especially Shin Sae Mi.

I hope they all act together again.

I would love for Dan Oh and Do Hwa to have a drama of their own.... and With Beak Kyung too

Girl has incredible chemistry with everyone. 

• Like 6

My thoughts on BK’s journey to awareness after watching till Ep 12...

I suspect his awareness began by the end of the rain scene, when Haru said he will not remember him and the scene will change soon.

Basically, it appears that awareness may slowly develop when a character encounters something that doesn’t make sense to him/her, or is against the original “destiny/storyline” of the characters.

To hear someone say you will forget something with such certainty, and that a “scene” will change soon, definitely doesn’t feel logical, so that probably already started to trigger. Then when DH bumped into him immediately after the rain scene (which I believe was in the shadows) DH commented on how he is drenched while others are dry and that DO has awareness while he doesn’t, got him thinking further.

Along the way, the 3 musketeers kept making comments on the stage and shadows, writer, scene, not remembering, etc., which further triggered his awareness.

He also realized DO behaved very differently/“out of character” in split seconds, e.g. the bridge scene when she asked to break the engagement, the end of party after his announcement, when he invited her for the movie (he smirked and said “humph, stage?” when he was walking away after DO fled him to go to Haru), the pool scene, etc.

After the rain scene, whenever he asks Haru “who are you?”, it may look like he has forgotten him, but I think he is beginning to slowly gain awareness of his existence and he was actually asking “who exactly is this weird person I never noticed but suddenly appear out of nowhere and is unknown to other classmates, yet DO and DH who have been acting oddly seem to know him well”.

• He added Haru’s name to the soccer reserve list but his classmate didn’t know Haru, something I inferred, because the next scene shows him asking NJ if he invited Haru but NJ asked if he was in their class, showing he doesn’t know him too.
  • He probably recognized Haru at the entrance of NJ’s party but ignored him, but noticed him again as the waiter and followed him.
  • After the announcement, he was smirking at Haru in the most challenging manner, so he definitely recognized him, even though he was unknown to the rest. Haru only became “known” to other classmates during the series of lessons, specifically the art class, when Saemi and the art teacher could name him.
  • After the tennis match, he told Haru he wants him to play with him in future so he can keep an eye on him, probably because he wants to know more about this weird person.
  • Just before the soccer game, he offered to invite Haru to join the group but what he was really trying to do, was to provoke Haru. He did not mention the soccer match nor invite, but provoked by intentionally mentioning the “secret” that he was playing with DO. When he asked Haru who he was and again Haru said he won’t remember, he responded with “oh...” but in a condescending way.

I think he was gaining awareness throughout, bit by bit, but mostly because he kept getting triggered by the 3 musketeers. He knew there was something going on, but could not figure out what is really happening, until he saw the SECRET...but when did he come across it for the first time, remains a question for now.

Jinmichae must have noticed that the changes in the story direction impacted BK and BK was being out of character (e.g. announcement at party and how the tennis player playing with BK changed from a bespectacled classmate to Haru) as well. So when DO left to look for the book, he commented that “the next person to gain awareness...”

• Like 9
  • Awesome 1

3 hours ago, leeminhosny said:

:joy:

happy end will be and we will be happy :joy: I don't think bad end, finally this is school drama :joy:

I hope so

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote images, thanks! :)
  • Like 6

10 hours ago, angelbeast90 said:
On another note I wanted to see Dohwa win that swimming race between him and Namjoo. Dang but Baekkyung rang that alarm and everyone scrambled!!

----------------------------
I wanna see the full video of this !!!!

BK rang the alarm, did they showed it in the ep? 

Edited by Jillia
Please do not quote IGs! Thanks! :)
  • Like 1