Director: Yu Zheng

Broadcast Period: 1/6/2020

Cast:

Bai Yu

Zheng Qiu Hong 

Ji Xiao Bing

Chen Yi Han

Synopsis:

Bai Qi is a mysterious doctor who rents Lin Xia's house for his medical practice.  As his landlady living upstairs, Lin Xia notices some strange things about him. He doesn't accept money as payment for his service. Instead, he asks his patients for the most valuable thing to them. His patients come from all walks of life, and some are not even human, which is not surprising, because neither is Bai Qi. -- Adapted from the novel with the same name, written by Lu Han.

Cr mydramalist

**Please use spoiler tags for those who have not seen the episodes yet**

[spoiler ]enter your spoiler here without the spaces inside the brackets[ /spoiler]

Preview:

OSTs:

Additional Links:

Fairyland Lovers 蓬莱间 English Subbed Episodes

Click here to request the Viki license!

RULES of SOOMPI
Don't post any requests for subs! Anything unrelated to the drama plot is considered spamming. Don't quote images. Due to the copyright/legal problems, no illegal streaming links will/should be posted on this thread as there had been major crackdowns going on lately. Any complaints about any streaming links will be counted as spam and will be reported to the mods.Any complaints of the respective companies such as Viki, youtube, etc. should be reported to the respective companies instead of posting your complaints here. Those who are caught breaking the Soompi posting rules more than 5 times will have their ID/IDs reported to the mods. Those who are caught promoting/posting illegal streaming links with subs (those without permission from the original subbers and doesn't have copyrights like Viki, Dramafever or Crunchyroll) will have their ID reported to the mods for endangering Soompi to legal issues for illegal streaming sites promotions. PLEASE GIVE CREDIT TO WHERE CREDIT IS DUE!

For any Issues and Abuse
Please report to moderators 
@angelangie l LavelyShai

• 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...

This is another one that I started watching out of boredom...mainly when I'm doing my morning routine lol. Actually, it took me two tries to watch it cause I couldn't get into the FL. The second time around, I felt...it was not that as terrible that I initially thought. There are def some Goblin vibes, but so far, it's just vibes and some character set up similarities. The first story was good enough to hold my interest, so I will tune in more. I'm surprised this thread is so quiet. I thought there'd be more Bai Yu fans (if relation to the Guardian CP, I'm actually a Zhu Yi Long fan lol). Wait...I guess there is also a  Guardian vibe! lol

Lin Xia at some angles low-key reminds me of Yang Rong, who I loved in Memory Lost with Bai Yu. Well, I will stay tuned. Based on the ending scenes, this is more of a romance, right? I'm not really a huge fan of kiddish romantic comedies (assumption based solely on FL characterization). I kinda wish it wasn't because I enjoy shows with other kinds of partnerships represented (can't members of the opposite sex also be "bros"?). That being said, Bai Yu is a good actor, so I will place my faith in him to convince me of the romance. 

On 1/8/2020 at 10:12 PM, Table122000 said:

Fairyland Lovers is being subbed in English at Tencent Video YouTube Channel. I think the schedule is 2 episodes a day Wednesday-Friday, for a total of 6 episodes a week. 

Link to Playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLMX26aiIvX5rskLQBCSI9gSWtx-NNDrAi

Thank you! I appreciate you always giving a heads-up to those of us who rely on English subs:)

1 hour ago, raziela said:

Thank you! I appreciate you always giving a heads-up to those of us who rely on English subs:)

You're welcome! I'm always glad to provide any subbing information for us viewers who need English subs.  Hopefully, this drama will be a good one. The plot doesn't appeal to me that much, but I like male lead actor Bai Yu -I think he's very talented. So I think I will try to watch the first episode.  I have not seen the female lead before so hopefully she is good actress.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/10/2020 at 8:31 AM, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

I'm enjoying this drama very much. Love the chemistry between our OTP.  Bai Yu so handsome when he smile. Our OTP is so natural with each other.

First time watching the lead actress.  She is very pretty in both modern & period dressing.

Me too.  Was surprised to enjoy this. supernatural element.  Can't wait to see next episodes..

On 1/10/2020 at 1:02 AM, crackaddict said:

This is another one that I started watching out of boredom...mainly when I'm doing my morning routine lol. Actually, it took me two tries to watch it cause I couldn't get into the FL. 

I'm not really a huge fan of kiddish romantic comedies (assumption based solely on FL characterization). I kinda wish it wasn't because I enjoy shows with other kinds of partnerships represented (can't members of the opposite sex also be "bros"?). That being said, Bai Yu is a good actor, so I will place my faith in him to convince me of the romance. 

Just watched ep 1. And like crackaddict, I cannot get into the FL. Sorry. But I find her antics kind of repulsive.:(  The ML is good.  He has Stage Presence

On 1/21/2020 at 9:48 PM, hush puppy said:

Just watched ep 1. And like crackaddict, I cannot get into the FL. Sorry. But I find her antics kind of repulsive.:(  The ML is good.  He has Stage Presence

For me, I actually quite like the FL, but don't really like the ML - just find him ok. (watched up to episode 24 on Tencent/Wetv) Idk, personally I find her character brave, vibrant & kind while I find the ML's character boring & pushy.   

I don't mind this drama, but it's spotty to me - some of the writing & acting is quite ehhhhh, some of it is quite decent. 

I like some of the themes that run through it, like how FL brings news ways to deal with the spirits, that are able to help those involved without harm.  There is a theme a bit later on about sacrifice, (Shen Zui) & that was quite nice too.  Xiao Xiao has a pretty decent arc too so far, so we'll see.  

I'm not quite sure about the overall theme - I guess we'll see when we get there.  I hope it doesn't become too convoluted overall.  Generally, I find the simpler the plot, the better - when things get too hectic, things just turn out messy. (for the most part)           

I honestly love Yang Jian's character the most, & I love how they always put him next to/or holding the Moomin doll, that kills me every time tbh. :lol:

On 1/10/2020 at 12:02 AM, crackaddict said:

This is another one that I started watching out of boredom...mainly when I'm doing my morning routine lol. Actually, it took me two tries to watch it cause I couldn't get into the FL. The second time around, I felt...it was not that as terrible that I initially thought. There are def some Goblin vibes, but so far, it's just vibes and some character set up similarities. The first story was good enough to hold my interest, so I will tune in more. I'm surprised this thread is so quiet. I thought there'd be more Bai Yu fans (if relation to the Guardian CP, I'm actually a Zhu Yi Long fan lol). Wait...I guess there is also a  Guardian vibe! lol

Lin Xia at some angles low-key reminds me of Yang Rong, who I loved in Memory Lost with Bai Yu. Well, I will stay tuned. Based on the ending scenes, this is more of a romance, right? I'm not really a huge fan of kiddish romantic comedies (assumption based solely on FL characterization). I kinda wish it wasn't because I enjoy shows with other kinds of partnerships represented (can't members of the opposite sex also be "bros"?). That being said, Bai Yu is a good actor, so I will place my faith in him to convince me of the romance. 

Yeah i agree with the goblin vibe lol, but so far i like the drama, mainly because of the otp’s character and the male lead’s acting, he’s good playing 2 different characters. First time watching him, will definitely see his other projects.

This drama reminds me of a more light-hearted Moonshine and Valentine but with a much more likeable FL who is not infuriating;y stupid like the airhead in that drama and a less creepy ML:lol: 

The ML (Bai Qi) coldness annoyed me at first but now I'm on episode 18 it looks like there is actually a good reason for his restrained behaviour. I also like the FL a lot.  She is cute but she isn't dumb. She is practical, kind, smart and is often very helpful. I do wish their romance was a bit less childish considering their ages and the history of the ML. I actually prefer their previous forbidden romance relationship from the past as that romance seems more mature and more compelling  I keep hoping for more scenes of them from that period..

I am also surprised how hilarious the drama is in places.  Poor A Li and Yang Jian bring a lot of humour to the drama.  the product placement of the facemasks and cold medicine is completely ridiculous though.  I feel sorry for A Li's actor as he seems to end up with a lot of the awkward product placement scenes:lol:

On 1/24/2020 at 8:07 AM, bluesytb said:

I honestly love Yang Jian's character the most, & I love how they always put him next to/or holding the Moomin doll, that kills me every time tbh. :lol:

:lol::lol::lol:He is hilarious and somehow very adorable! Lin Xia's nickname of "Baby" is very suitable. Love how clueless and brutally honest he is! I could really do without the loveline with the annoying idol girl though.

On 1/22/2020 at 11:48 AM, hush puppy said:

She gets better though. 

Anyway i like HQ ( bad version of BQ) and LX interaction, they’re quite adorable LOL :D

I've watched this also out of boredom, and partially because I was curious as to what Johnny Bai is like, out outside of Guardian. It gets a little better now towards the ending but I didn't quite like the beginning episodes. Johnny Bai looks good in costume, I must say.

While watching, I felt there are a couple of dejavu scenes.

Spoiler

You know the scene where Bai Qi goes to pick up Lin Xia when she is having a reunion with her friends? That is very similar to Master's Sun, a kdrama. Similar setting and similar outcome. And the part where he loses his memory and can't remember her, although the cause of him losing his memory is different, but the pain that she goes through and having to remember her all over again, gives me the same feel as Master's Sun.

Tonight is the last episode for wetv premium....can't wait to see what happens to the both of them.:blush:

Aww man I just watched the last episode - I really like this show, even with all the flaws. Gonna have some withdrawal for a bit now. And I HAD to come here to spazz about it a little, though this thread is sadly quiet (I had the impression that Bai Yu was more famous and would draw a crowd).

It's actually my first drama with Bai Yu and he's completely won me over as an actor. He's very expressive and plays both emotional and light-hearted scenes well. Also helped that he had two characters in this which really showcased everything he was capable of. I also thought his chemistry with the female lead, Jade Cheng, was great. I liked her after watching her previous drama and she's definitely improved in this one. I really bought their feelings for each other, and it was just so SAD whenever they were apart. 

I've been watching quite a few of the Mainland web dramas lately and I have to say this was definitely one of the better ones. I normally don't watch shows with more than 20ish episodes if I can help it, just because there's almost never enough in the plot to justify the length (except those set in historical times, which is still arguable). But this one actually did have the story - in fact I feel like they cut some scenes out - and I never felt like it was plodding. 

In short - I RECOMMEND! :thumbsup:

2 hours ago, angelflower said:

It's actually my first drama with Bai Yu and he's completely won me over as an actor. He's very expressive and plays both emotional and light-hearted scenes well. Also helped that he had two characters in this which really showcased everything he was capable of.

If you liked his acting, check out Guardian (镇魂). It is a BL story and his chemistry with the other male actor is really good. In fact that show was very much discussed when it aired and the social media reach/ mentions/ depth of discussion was fantastic. I first watched Bai Yu there and that is what brought me to check him out here.

Overall, I think the storyline was entertaining, although there were parts borrowed from here and there. And in the second half, his interactions with the lead actress pulled me in. There was genuineness in emotions and his ability to play both Bai Qi and Hei Qi was fun to watch. In the last 2 episodes, the longing and the sense of loss was certainly there.  (Though, personally, I thought the character of Ji Xiao Bing was rather intriguing to watch.) 

So, for anyone wanting some entertainment, yes I would recommend watching this too!

• sugarplum892 changed the title to [Mainland Chinese Drama 2020] Fairyland Lovers 蓬莱间

I have watched 20 episodes so far subbed and I am struggling to follow some of the sub plots. i wish I could find a good reviews pages. I  do like the drama I have been watching mostly C-dramas lately since starting with the Love and Destiny series and then watched Joy of Life...I love all the magical or Si-Fi elements in their stories.

On 2/6/2020 at 9:20 AM, SC2019 said:

If you liked his acting, check out Guardian (镇魂). It is a BL story and his chemistry with the other male actor is really good. In fact that show was very much discussed when it aired and the social media reach/ mentions/ depth of discussion was fantastic. I first watched Bai Yu there and that is what brought me to check him out here.

Overall, I think the storyline was entertaining, although there were parts borrowed from here and there. And in the second half, his interactions with the lead actress pulled me in. There was genuineness in emotions and his ability to play both Bai Qi and Hei Qi was fun to watch. In the last 2 episodes, the longing and the sense of loss was certainly there.  (Though, personally, I thought the character of Ji Xiao Bing was rather intriguing to watch.) 

So, for anyone wanting some entertainment, yes I would recommend watching this too!

Agree, i really recommend it.

I haven’t watched Guardian, i’ll try it when i have time since you said it’s good.

I was disappointed with the final third the drama. It felt too convoluted and drawn out. It felt like every few episodes they were tearfully saying goodbye to each other, then reunited, then good bye again:lol:  Also, to be honest, I wish Hei Qi had stuck around.  His character was so fun and the scenes between him and the other actors were so enjoyable and he had a nice spark with Lin Xia. I think it would have been more interesting if they had explored his relationship with Lin Xia further and start to fall for her and then Hei/Bai Qi have to confront and, finally, accept both sides of themselves. 

Archived