[Drama 2019] Hotel Del Luna, 호텔 델루나

marykarmelina

53 minutes ago, lollyminx said:

I mean, just like what you said. What did CS do? Love MW? His mother didn't want him and left them, his father was a little reckless when he was younger, then he died, and now he's all alone, and then when he falls in love, he has to pay the price? 

I agree it seems that CS is paying a high price. So he has the smarts, the looks, a long life line, but he needs to suffer from a mom who discarded him, a dad who was also supposed die and leave him when he was young and now this?

Hong Sisters didn't mention CS back story. Maybe he was also involved and led to the trio's downfall in the past? 

MAYBE he was a foot soldier who tipped Princess off. MAYBE he was a bandit who tipped the Princess of in exchange for riches. (This would explain why MR takes his money this lifetime hurhur)  MAYBE he was a fellow soldier or a eunuch who loved Captain Firefly who tipped off the Princess who - Ok I'm just going off on a tangent and a bit crazy here . LOL.

51 minutes ago, jasminssiii said:

I'm afraid Hong Sisters might put "you thought you already knew what will happen ha just wait!" plot device. Imma stop watching dramas for a while if they do that..

I think u meant "you thought you already knew what will happen ha just wait" followed by "EVERYTHING GOING DOWNHILL FROM NOW ONWARDS WHEEEEEEEE" 

When the psycho left his bed I was like "how do you NOT handcuff criminals to the bed? He is a serial killer?!" And no inflatable whatyoucallthat cushion/landing for him to land on when he jumped? What? 

Nvm I'll look past all those.

Just. Move the main plot along and resolve the remaining issues.

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, kaxx said:

MAYBE he was a foot soldier who tipped Princess off. MAYBE he was a bandit who tipped the Princess of in exchange for riches. (This would explain why MR takes his money this lifetime hurhur)  MAYBE he was a fellow soldier or a eunuch who loved Captain Firefly who tipped off the Princess who - Ok I'm just going off on a tangent and a bit crazy here . LOL.

Haha. I love CS but maybe he did something wrong in his other lives, not necessarily connected to MW. Although, MG said early on in ep 1 that he has good karma (not sure) and that his early misfortunes in life (dad and it turned out even mom), would clear his way to a good life? Maybe his karma is so good that MG1 picked him to help out MW, because no matter how high the price is, his karma would be able to take it. It may sound unfair, but the show has been showing that life is unfair, humans can only choose to react positively or negatively to what life serves them. MG1 was right in choosing CS, his good heart has led the flowers to bloom, maybe he will also react well to the price?

• Like 5

I also though of the possibility that if the side stories are a reflection of the main plot, then will the following happen as well now that CM is a real firefly and is not a smirkalot douchebag:

MW learns the truth, reconcile and leaves with CM.

Like the wife who met her first love in HDL and decided to be with him instead of her husband.

Nopenopenopenopenope.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO. 

5 hours ago, laura_waterhouse said:

MG said early on in ep 1 that he has good karma (not sure) and that his early misfortunes in life (dad and it turned out even mom), would clear his way to a good life? Maybe his karma is so good that MG1 picked him to help out MW, because no matter how high the price is, his karma would be able to take it. It may sound unfair, but the show has been showing that life is unfair, humans can only choose to react positively or negatively to what life serves them. MG1 was right in choosing CS, his good heart has led the flowers to bloom, maybe he will also react well to the price?

Oh yes she did! I recall it was along the lines of he will only suffer when he was young. I would rather the price be him giving a portion of his lifespan to her and he shortens his own life earn more time to be with her.

• Like 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1

11 minutes ago, kaxx said:

MAYBE he was a fellow soldier or a eunuch who loved Captain Firefly who tipped off the Princess who - Ok I'm just going off on a tangent and a bit crazy here . LOL.

i think CS previous life 1300 years ago was a low rank lake deity (like nam da reum haha).. the one where MW and CM drank together and admired the fireflies.. he might have wandered away from his lake following behind the couple.. then came along some villagers who got accidentally drowned in the lake.. so he was punished for not watching over the safety of the people by the lake..

wait, what am i blabbering?? :joy:

• LOL 8

14 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

He was punished for not watching over the safety of the people by the lake..

wait, what am i blabbering?? :joy:

CS was then promoted to own HDL in this life.

I meant the hotpot franchaise HaiDiLao.

And to serve us tomato soup base hotpot forever with free refills for life.

The end. :joy:

Hope everyone had a good laugh! While we wait for the bts and the upcoming episodes.. 4 more episodes peeps!!!

• Like 1
  • LOL 4

I just got some time to watch the last episode and I am... WRECKED!!! THIS. SCENE. UGH.

tumblr_pwgcv1B1sZ1qkgj9mo3_r1_540.giftumblr_pwgcv1B1sZ1qkgj9mo1_r1_540.gif

(cr: liveasbutterflies.tumblr.com)

To a point that MW can't distinguish whether CS is a ghost or not, it really tells me how she's completely in love with him. MW has lived for such a long long time and only by a glance, she can know which is vengeful spirit and which is not. Yet she can't tell when she sees him. Her mind was occupied with thinking CS died and he's in the hotel as a guest.

The theory of CS will be the new owner of HDL and MW & CM leaves for afterlife make sense. And if the theory is right, I do think CS did something on his previous life which we have yet to see. I'm sure MG didn't just pick CS out of the blue to come to HDL since MG are all deities. They must have their reason.

MW and CM loved each other but can't have each other, CM stayed as a firefly while MW has been longing for him. And when CS came around, she found herself falling in love with him. What I think is, this is MW's last debt she needs to pay; going through painful love once again because MAYBE, her biggest sin that makes her stay for thousands of years was about love. (For instance, killing the princess because she's marrying CM.) And IF CS will really replace MW as the hotel owner, he must've done the same great sin as her.

I have to give standing ovation for IU, though. She portrays MW flawlessly... ahhhh! how is she so perfect?!

• Like 13
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

12 minutes ago, kaxx said:

I meant the hotpot franchaise HaiDiLao.

And to serve us tomato soup base hotpot forever with free refills for life.

The end. :joy:

omg @kaxx i really love HDL and its tomato soup base!! :lol:

CS could have been the moon hairpin spirit.. the token of love that was never given and thus, never received.. so here he is as CS to compensate MW with all the selfless love and help her let go off her past to move on.. :rolleyes:

sorry too much fantasies and wild imagination.

• LOL 5
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, greezlybee said:

To a point that MW can't distinguish whether CS is a ghost or not, it really tells me how she's completely in love with him.

I especially like the scene in your clips where MW runs after HJ to hit him, then when HJ runs to CS, hugs and tells him "I'm so thankful you're alive," or something like that, MW stops in her tracks... realizing that that's what she is feeling - relief. Not anger. :tears: She realized that HJ's response is the right one, that that's what she's supposed to be doing and saying - hugging CS and telling him she's glad he's okay - but she can't because she finds it difficult to recognize and deal with her emotions. 

I like this scene because it's well thought out. The timing as well, and it is aligned with MW's character as someone who can't recognize her emotions yet. It's usually CS who recognizes those emotions for her. Don't know if it's the director's or the writers' idea, but I really love it. 

• Like 10
  • LOL 1

9 minutes ago, sadthe1st said:

CS could have been the moon hairpin spirit.. the token of love that was never given and thus, never received.. so here he is as CS to compensate MW with all the selfless love and help her let go off her past to move on.. :rolleyes:

Actually that makes sense too *sniff*

• LOL 2
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, greezlybee said:

I just got some time to watch the last episode and I am... WRECKED!!! THIS. SCENE. UGH.

Finished the episodes and as it was filled with their love, it brings me to tears. It's making it soo hard for JMW to leave now, but the flowers on her tree is falling, her time is ticking.

44 minutes ago, annamchoi said:

are we shedding tears again? first with.Haeso before (SHR) & now iwith MW... (HDL,)

IU is making us cry these days...:tears:

Yes, she is making us cry these day.

I think having seen the Chinese version of Scarlet Heart that it makes it kind of predictable for the Korean version, so you know that it's not going to end well. That makes you cry that they won't get to be together.

As for HDL, we have no idea what's going to happen. As of now, I feel like JMW is going to go regardless of how much KCS tries to prevent her from going. She realize it's her time to finally go. :tears:

So I'm confused here a little about IU's song "Happy Ending" 

It's not going to be realized with the other OST for HDL? They'll realize it later on?

• Like 5
  • Love 2

Been watching since the beginning and in my opinion, the difference between Chan Sung and Chung Myung is that CS understands Man Weol and is willing to let her go.  He could take the potion, not send her off, and make her live the rest of her life in the hotel, but he knows that's torture for her.  On the other hand, CM chose to let her live, in return for all her family/friends dying, which is something he should've known she would never want. MW said it herself in Ep 12 when discussing the parents and the child and saying the parents would've probably preferred to have died with the child. 

So the latest episode did confirm that CM died that night since he was the firefly that stayed behind.  I don't understand why he wouldn't just be like "hey stop, don't stab me. This is what happened, I made a deal with your friend in exchange for your life so please don't hate me and don't suffer the rest of your life".  If MW is the last person CS will send off, that means CS will probably let CM take over his body to clear up any misunderstandings and then send him off before MW. 

Really hoping for a happy ending without any of the reincarnation nonsense. I want to see them happy in their current states, not the next one that only exists in our imagination. The Hong sisters can only repeat that trope so many times right? Even though the hotel itself may not exist once MW leaves, there still needs to be a place for wandering ghosts to go and I'm thinking that maybe MaGo's plan is for CS to take over that job in return for waiting for MW's reincarnation. But MW will sneak the potion into CS (through MaRi?) and make it so that won't happen. Which would be super sad and a terrible ending. 

• Like 3
  • Love 2
  • Insightful 3

53 minutes ago, Chit Tart said:

Been watching since the beginning and in my opinion, the difference between Chan Sung and Chung Myung is that CS understands Man Weol and is willing to let her go.  He could take the potion, not send her off, and make her live the rest of her life in the hotel, but he knows that's torture for her.  On the other hand, CM chose to let her live, in return for all her family/friends dying, which is something he should've known she would never want. MW said it herself in Ep 12 when discussing the parents and the child and saying the parents would've probably preferred to have died with the child. 

Good point.

This is also one reason why I find the hatred towards Mi Ra in terms of the love angle a bit weird. Given what happened (dont know what will be revealed in the future), it seems that she does not really care about the romantic angle between CM and MW. She caught a gang of thieves and was killing them as punishment, not because she was lovelorn, otherwise, she would have executed MW first, but she let her go meaning she did not think of her as a love threat. And if CM knew Mi Ra is jealous of MW, then his whole plan of saving her is foolish, because Mi Ra would kill MW first.

• Like 2
  • Love 2

I liked the fight scene between CM and YW, they both

looked pretty cool. :D

Especially when CM repelled MWs arrow.

Of course, CM is warrior, and he doesnt give up easily.

Maybe thats how he survived for a thousand years.

His spirit has not changed.

• Like 4

Last episode was really a legend, I enjoyed every minute of it! Both main characters (and actors) are sooo adorable :wub:

I have my idea regarding the reason why CS should pay price. We weren't shown yet what happened in a wedding room,

I think MW didn't kill the captain, she loved him and she is weak towards ones she loves.

Anyway I think CS was someone from princess side, he killed the captain for being a traitor and MW then killed him to escape.

It can make sense because by killing captain he deprived him of opportunity to explain what happened and that's why both

couldn't move on, so this time he pays his debt and send them to peace.

But on the other side MW should have remembered his face then, which she doesn't..

Regarding captain being firefly flying around for 1300y, I'm not sure how much this firefly can think and feel :D but it's somewhat cruel

to make him watch MW's new romance and cruel to MW to later face both her lovers. I hope it will be a good ending

• Like 5

Not gonna lie this show has been losing my interest every week - it's just not interesting. As the weeks have gone on the urge to forward scenes has been very high

Just when I thought they'd give the ML some development they finished his story with his mom in less than half an episode. The rest of this show is either the female lead being jealous or a story of the week.

I remember reading the thread after the first two eps aired and people were querying if there'd be a romance between the two leads...I feel like this show has become more of a romance than anything with everything else taking a back seat

• Like 2
  • Unamused 2

2 hours ago, rocher22 said:

I liked the fight scene between CM and YW, they both

looked pretty cool. :D

Especially when CM repelled MWs arrow.

Of course, CM is warrior, and he doesnt give up easily.

Maybe thats how he survived for a thousand years.

His spirit has not changed.

His life is just to looking for MW ,

Watching near but so far, how solitary live he does as a little lights who's felt guilty couldn't do more to his love of his life.

Day passes month 

Months passes year

Years passes century 

Theirs live , hurts and love is still lingering.

He just waiting the MW tree blooms to accept his time to a company her is end, she find another hearts who's made her live again!

He skipped his chances to reincarnation as another hero, he simply cursed himself as firefly to take his final.

Happiest MW is everything for him.

Time to say goodbye to their century ill fated story.

Wished MW  to send him off  to after life, no regrets no hurts.

Warriors to the end whatever its performance.

IMG-20190805-022320.jpg

Dunno the firefly Captain 

Remains me to my little heroes 

Spoiler

IMG-20190119-191500.jpg

They've saved the one they loves get hates, unfair treatments and being bullied but both stay intact in their ugly performance.

many couldn't understand how's wrecked and bleeding their heart.

• Like 5

7 hours ago, kaxx said:

I also though of the possibility that if the side stories are a reflection of the main plot, then will the following happen as well now that CM is a real firefly and is not a smirkalot douchebag:

MW learns the truth, reconcile and leaves with CM.

Like the wife who met her first love in HDL and decided to be with him instead of her husband.

if that happens, can Sulli come back and comfort CS? they will build a hotel empire and enjoy this lifetime together :p

(although that could be the noble idiot route, MW tries hurting CS feelings so he wont be sad when she goes. oh that is terrible... as terrible as the thought I just had of CS-Sulli having a reincarnated MW as daughter to be soulmates with MR-YW's son being reincarnated CM, goodness, please dont go that way haha)

17 minutes ago, anony12345 said:

...I feel like this show has become more of a romance than anything with everything else taking a back seat

but this show had always been billed as a rom-com :) the twist would have been if MW and CS actually turned out platonic. for me, this is one of the best written dramas I've seen (so far)

• Like 3
  • LOL 3