[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

So I saw the episode. There is nothing much to say, we mostly figured out half of it.

One thing, I really liked about Hae Sun’s character is when it comes to love, confessing, etc - She doesn’t show tantrums, she doesn’t second guess herself. 

She found out Dan may be in love with her. She accepted it and hoped for deep down in her heart. 

Dan kissed her. She accepted with a smile and was happy with that sudden turn of event. 

Then again, they did show how hungry Yeon Seo is for love that it makes her cry with wanting. It makes her weak, even though she wouldn’t mind being if that ever happens. 

On the other hand, Dan is definitely not thinking out of the box. It’s like a certain blind is on and he is blindly following what he’s been ordered to do. He just doesn’t want to think about any other possibility unlike Yeon Seo. 

I really hope they take a peek at their hearts, not just hearts but the emotions which surround them. 

“Why everyone is making this into a war or competition?” (something along the lines) I love the fact that thank god they didn’t show Yeon Seo totally obsessive with Ballet. Sometimes when they show obsession of leads with their careers it’s a put off. Though I’m personally like that but I don’t like to see it in dramas! :lol: She is so cool, calm and confident about it. It’s so fresh to see! 

In other news, KW mentioned to Matil that no Angel knows how one can turn into a human. He did not totally denied but there is HOPE?! 

Hope reminds me, so YS does remember about a certain kid ... her first audience ... but seems like their relationship wasn’t deep enough for her to feel anything. I thought her not arguing with anyone since she was 10 was one of the hints, probably due to her separation with that kid? But did she bury it into her memory? 

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The story so far we have could be misleading in terms of Matilda and Kang Woo. We still do not know if it was indeed God's wrath or Kang Woo's own selfishness that led to Matilda's demise. We will have to wait to see. Dan and Kang Woo are pretty much on the same boat facing the same situation but in every situation Dan has been trying to act from a place that has one his mission given to him by God which he believes is in Yeon Seo's best interest at heart. So, he steps back although it tears his heart into million pieces. Kang Woo on the other hand reacts with rage and jealousy. I think it is interesting to see where Nina is headed to too. I do thing she needs to stop being the nice girl and speak up and do things for herself. I don't want her to be evil but I hope she can at the very least grows out of her need to be a people pleaser 24-7. Also was child Dan abused or bullied. In every scene with their child counterparts, he has bruises all over his body which is worrying me or was he already a dad soul wandering when he met little Yeon Seo. I have a theory is to what may have happened to Matilda. By the look of it, Kang Woo was in charge of inspiring a very volatile painter. What if when he found Matilda while actually on a very different mission and once he was in love, he abandoned his original mission and ended up somehow hurting the artist we see throwing canvas at him. And that ended up making the painter more angry and out of control and in his anger, he went to kill Kang Woo but Matilda took the bullet. Then it would not be God but rather, Kang Woo's action that led to Matilda's demise. I am not defending God or anything here rather just imagining why it may be  a rule for angel's to not meddle beyond their missions with humans.  Because humans are unpredictable. Because the ripples of their action as a whole end up resulting in something terrible to happen when it couples with that unpredictable nature.

2 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Not gonna bother about the track record.

Yeon-seo and Dan MUST stay happily ever after together in the end whether he becomes a human or remains an angel. Or even dying together is my happy ending. I just need them to be together in life or in death.

I will be carrying this faith and hope through the whole show. And I'm hopeful :)

It’s ok. I jinxed it. 

Good morning :relaxed:

Still not recover from my heartbreaking, last night I slept in my tears :cry:

For me, this episode is like 'blood and tears'. 

It gave me bleeding heart and teary eyes.

NrmlY0H.jpg

I just hope tonight's episode will make me smile again.  

8 hours ago, briseis said:

However, what this show does exceedingly well and where many other kdrama love stories fail, is that you feel the need and the urgency that YS and Dan have to be together, THAT THEY CANNOT LIVE, EXIST OR SURVIVE WITHOUT EACH OTHER.

Really love this sentence :wub:  Only 10 episodes and now I can't survide unless seeing both YS and Dan being with each other too.  

Rating last night.  (Still no. 1 but it seems so difficult to reach 10% :sweatingbullets:)

I hope it will increase in epiosode 11-12

KBS2 AngelsLastMissionLove #단하나의사랑 6.7%  | 7.9%

MBC #봄밤 #OneSpringNight 4.5% |  6.5%

SBS #MyAbsoluteBoyfriend #절대그이 2.3%  | 2.7% 

tvN #SearchWWW #검색어를입력하세요WWW 2.431%

OCN #구해줘2 #SaveMe2  2.243%

Lots of praises from Netizen for Ep 9-10  (people loves this drama :lol:)

https://www.netizendrama.com/spoilers-angels-last-mission-love-e07-10-rating/

1.[+1259, -18] Every time Shin Hye Sun finishes a project and starts a new one, her acting seems more solid, I also see signs of hard work on each character…She looked so beautiful dancing at the beach in the last scene…

2.[+497, -10] Today was so sad, Dan-ah ㅠㅠ I hope it’s a happy ending…

3.[+361, -21] The best drama since ‘My Love From Another Star’♡ It’s fun, touching, the development is refreshing and Shin Hye Sun & L are eye candy

4.[+224, -9] I hope tomorrow 10PM comes fast, I want to see heart fluttering Dan-Yeon couple~~~

5.[+193, -7] The drama is so soft and fast-paced…

6.[+159, -1] Looks like L’s emotional acting became richer than before…As expected, Lee Dong Gun matches the dark atmosphere so well…At the beach in the end, Shin Hye Sun, Lee Dong Gun and L~ everyone was good at acting their own character!

7.[+133, -1] Today’s scene where Hye Sun was dancing at the beach and L was hiding and crying, and the line from the preview “How can I not like you?”. They did everything.

8.[+102, -1] I don’t like receiving love, It makes me want to be weak. Her expressions and voice tone when she said this line were seriously ㅠㅠ I got emotional…

9.[+87, -5] Seems like Shin Hye Sun was born to act

10.[+79, -1] My heart hurt a lot for Dan today, Kim Myung Soo crying at the end made my heart ache ㅠㅠㅠㅠㅠ when it overlapped with when he was young ㅠㅠ I hoped for happiness and sweetness from Dan and Yeon Seo but this is so sad ㅠㅠ Judging from the preview, tomorrow will be daebak

BUqSlXT.jpg

He was the one who said 'Why does human lie ?'

But he kissed, he lied, and he cried.

He became human now.  

I just hope he won't die. 

3 hours ago, Ni Wen said:

Not gonna bother about the track record.

Yeon-seo and Dan MUST stay happily ever after together in the end whether he becomes a human or remains an angel. Or even dying together is my happy ending. I just need them to be together in life or in death.

I will be carrying this faith and hope through the whole show. And I'm hopeful :)

That together in death part does not help, that is what I learned from watching Hymn of Death.

Not too worried about the ratings though, Ratings are down across all platforms right now including cable dramas so it makes sense. As long as we are delivering well.  With thousands of ways to stream a show at your convenience, I am sure people watch these shows but not using traditional platforms. 

Also can some kind fashion savvy beanies id Shin Hye Sun's polka dot dress at the end. I love it and I must find something similar.

48 minutes ago, titania1000 said:

So i'm up to date with the last week episodes, and the first thought  that came to my mind after watching the episodes was for my sunshine fellows @meechuttso @Ni Wen @immorethant @jakey09 and  this ridiculous discussion that we had about the overwhelming hotness of the male leads in this drama:

Sunshine fans : what are ge going to do? So many hot boys and only one SHS! :bawling:

And suddenly SHS indirect answer in ep4:  picking a role where she got to play two characters and make out with ALL the hot men (please dramagods, let it happen!)! :scream:

She just one step ahead of everyone and we clearly do not deserve such a smart girl! :w00t:

LMAO! I was thinking something along the lines as well. 

Spoiler

25 minutes ago, Nymeria289 said:

The story so far we have could be misleading in terms of Matilda and Kang Woo. We still do not know if it was indeed God's wrath or Kang Woo's own selfishness that led to Matilda's demise. We will have to wait to see. Dan and Kang Woo are pretty much on the same boat facing the same situation but in every situation Dan has been trying to act from a place that has one his mission given to him by God which he believes is in Yeon Seo's best interest at heart. So, he steps back although it tears his heart into million pieces. Kang Woo on the other hand reacts with rage and jealousy. I think it is interesting to see where Nina is headed to too. I do thing she needs to stop being the nice girl and speak up and do things for herself. I don't want her to be evil but I hope she can at the very least grows out of her need to be a people pleaser 24-7. Also was child Dan abused or bullied. In every scene with their child counterparts, he has bruises all over his body which is worrying me or was he already a dad soul wandering when he met little Yeon Seo. I have a theory is to what may have happened to Matilda. By the look of it, Kang Woo was in charge of inspiring a very volatile painter. What if when he found Matilda while actually on a very different mission and once he was in love, he abandoned his original mission and ended up somehow hurting the artist we see throwing canvas at him. And that ended up making the painter more angry and out of control and in his anger, he went to kill Kang Woo but Matilda took the bullet. Then it would not be God but rather, Kang Woo's action that led to Matilda's demise. I am not defending God or anything here rather just imagining why it may be  a rule for angel's to not meddle beyond their missions with humans.  Because humans are unpredictable. Because the ripples of their action as a whole end up resulting in something terrible to happen when it couples with that unpredictable nature.

You might be bang on about Matilda’s death. 

Also, if Buddhists believe in reincarnation, like how some folks mentioned here, what if Ni Na is reincarnated as Matilda with that angel personality of hers? 

Oh never mind. I just remembered that happened 15 years ago, so that can’t be it either. :lol: 

But I wondered if KW might be making an other mistake with Ni Na? 

Ni Na reminds me ... we should have more Ni Na/Dan encounters, so I can see YS’s jealousy. :wub:

I really hope they show Dan as an abused child. They should really touch this subject from a social awareness perspective. I would like to see it. 

@Nymeria289

I believe that you are absolutely correct about everything! I strongly think that there is a fair solution to this repeated love story and this mission that are given to the Angels. We might get to see a different yet successful solution that Dan will give us at the end which won't harm him or anyone else. Let's see and wait! I have a strong feeling we'll get a happy ending with our OTP being together. :)

Btw, the way KD holds LYS after saving her is like holding a precious baby/being in his arms. I hope he leans in to kiss her so her dizziness goes away! :wub:

*planning to have this photo as my laptop background! Hope I can have it in HD tomorrow!*:lol:

04b042df-b54a-4d78-b8af-ca12e9d87b0a-ori

PROTECT HIM AT ALL COSTS! Send a S.W.A.T defense squad and save him from all that pain! Why do the drama gods torment him so? Did he destroy an entire universe in one of his past lives or what? Hasn’t he suffered enough already?

I’m an incoherent mess right now! Even though Yeon Seo barely remembers him, 15 years ago in this very place, she was the most beautiful thing Dan had ever seen and became his light in the darkness and a cycle of abuse. He was her first audience, he brought her back to ballet then, too. 15 years later, he is once again watching her dance there, this time hidden in literal darkness, even though it’s him who is her light now.

x4RpBbH.jpg

We’ve seen YS being utterly desolated and inconsolable, but never Dan. And now he is beyond consolation, he completely breaks down in utter agony. It reminds me of YS grieving for Mr. Jo while watching the old video recordings. It’s like he is just realizing he is losing her and can do nothing to stop it. And that moment when he reaches out his hand to her, it takes him every ounce of his willpower not to run towards her and take her into his arms.

AkcyUWg.jpg

14 minutes ago, almldan said:

Every time I see this in the preview it breaks my heart :bawling: :heartbreak:

7D3SqWT.gif

This ballet director is stealing his job now :rage:

btw not even on HER LEFT SIDE WHERE SHE LIKES IT

I don’t blame her. 

I guess this comes before the piggyback? 

Did YS get drunk after the incident? 

L’s looking SO good and sophisticated in that suit! I really don’t like his long coats! They hide his physique and makes him look like a kid! 

2 minutes ago, jakey09 said:

What does it mean he brought her back to Ballet again? @briseis

Did something happen to YS before she even met Dan? 

YS is such a mystery! :lol:

"Right before you went to Russia for your studies. You went to an island... for a program called Visting Ballet. You said you didn't want to do ballet, so you hid and cried. I heard that's what you did."

That's what JKW says to YS when they talk about her childhood. If she went to Russia it meant she must have studied ballet, she also participated in that ballet program. Back then, she was 11 years old completely alone on a beah of a distant island. Of course, she had troubles. Most likely, she didn't want to leave her family and leave for Russia where she would be alone. Therefore she said she didn't want to do ballet.

Me to JKW when he shows up now... <_<

Spoiler

684300dd-045b-4981-a16e-c5b677543bf0-ori

c79d446f-26a2-4a06-8345-e5d04bbac6b9-ori

b1365090-2446-4ae0-9718-9ee71998840e-ori

I really can't stand that creeper anymore. I'm sorry y'all, he just makes my blood pressure rise up. :angry:

Anyways, I do agree that SHS's styling in here is GORGEOUS and STUNNING! I'm so mesmerized by how she dresses and looks! Her acting is also AMAZING! :wub:

af21df06-4a23-4226-938f-c0c23c87a2e4-ori

*She has taken over my soul* 

Ther is a scene that Dan looked at old photo of YS at the beach and at the back of the photo was YS handwriting.  "Year 2005 the day I started ballet again. My first stage and my first audience"

- It's so strange that it's like the period that JKW met Matil was during the time that YS stopped dancing 

- And when Matil died then it's nearly the time that YS started her dancing again.

- Now I understood why Dan was so attracted to YS dance. Because not only YS saved his life but he used to watch her dance before.

Love the cinematopraphy.

OFEUXzF.gif

(Credit @ij93216 twitter)

16 minutes ago, briseis said:

"Right before you went to Russia for your studies. You went to an island... for a program called Visting Ballet. You said you didn't want to do ballet, so you hid and cried. I heard that's what you did."

That's what JKW says to YS when they talk about her childhood. If she went to Russia it meant she must have studied ballet, she also participated in that ballet program. Back then, she was 11 years old completely alone on a beah of a distant island. Of course, she had troubles. Most likely, she didn't want to leave her family and leave for Russia where she would be alone. Therefore she said she didn't want to do ballet.

Got it. Sorry I wasn’t concentrating on what KW was saying. 

Archived