[Drama 2019] Angel's Last Mission: Love 단, 하나의 사랑

meechuttso

Hello everyone! 

It's been months since I've been on soompi! Now I just got myself into watching kdramas! I recently haven't been interested in one except for "Angel Last Mission!" 

I just started watching this drama today and I absolutely love it! Great acting from the main leads and supporting leads. I have to applaud Shin Hye Sun for her superb portrayal as Lee Yeon Seo! 

This was me throughout the first few episodes until next week... 

53fc1b23-7559-41bc-93a2-a91f1740afa8-ori

Shin Hye Sun portrayed her character so well that I felt her pain and sadness when she lost everything...

40fc4953-4bd2-4857-98de-effe0d33920d-ori

But after reading that it'll have 32 episodes, that is too much and too painful for me to wait for 2 episodes every week! 

tumblr_m5a5seEA3p1qkjvg5_zps5cfynend.gif

I also have a feeling that when both main leads start to fall in love and the mission is completed, Kim Dan will have to leave LYS in the end. That'll be too much for the both of them and myself to handle. I can imagine LYS saying something like this again once Kim Dan disappears... but hopefully we get a HE! 

Spoiler

aa8ec597-1260-4ac9-9404-083f36bd77c4-ori

Anyways, can't wait for their romance to blossom! Hope we all can suffer and enjoy this drama together! I'll be following this forum till the dramas ends! Thanks, Chingus!

Spoiler

de78e343-545f-49bc-9ec2-c7aba7488caf-ori

• Replies 5.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, meechuttso said:

And my goodbye to the blind Yeon-Seo and her cane

I have a question. 

Because YS is not a blind now.  So are we going to see this scene (from 1st teaser) ?  

Or was it now become a deleted scene ?

2PHztar.png

4 hours ago, Liting1 said:

But after reading that it'll have 32 episodes, that is too much and too painful for me to wait for 2 episodes every week!

Acautlly it's 32 episodes of 35 min , so 2 episodes (70 min) for each day and 4 for each weeks, it's not too long  (I think it's too short for me , I want 40 eps  :P) . I hope you will tune in for this drama every week :)

@briseis  Thank you for your analysis.  I think from the level of pain that YS has now, it's very suitable of the script that there's only angel can heal her. Because only this angel can tolerate and give her love and he also has power to protect her and has inhuman toughness to stand her hit, slap, smack or whatever will come.  This is not the work for any human to do. 

6 hours ago, briseis said:

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not.

Don't know why since I watched the teaser, I recalled the old famous favorite movie of Jun Ji Hyun 'My Sassy Girl'  which I watched since being student because the way this girl was full of rage , rudeness, and gave lots of hard times to the male lead , who always reacted in funny comical way was quite similar to this DanYeon couple. And the reason that the girl did this is because she has a truama from losing her ex-boyfriend. And the way that even though he complaint all the time but he was still at her side gradually healed her at the end.

However, that movie was typical rom-com of 'bad*ss girl vs weak boy', but for this drama I think this YeonSeo character is far better and the level of her pain is so deeper and SHS did it so magnificent within 4 episodes to make audience understand her pain and not hate her character . Because before the drama was aired I'm so worried that her character will show only negative sides and audience will not be able to stand watching her.   But she gave another level and details of acting that we can always feel the pain and fragile inside and the script was good to let audience see her experince the loss of the last person who's good to her which is so heartbreaking. Although with it's a pity that we lost Mr. Jo too soon, but it's very effective to put this in script at early stage to make audience 100% symphatized for her and willing to go with her and see her (with Dan's help) to have happiness at the end.  :kiss_wink:

Just want to share audience acceptance of this drama in my country. Actually in my country there're not many fans of SHS or not many audiences knew her :tears:, as I read twitter or FB comments of this drama, most viewer was attracted by 1) the poster and teasers , thanks to KBS doing great job   2) Kim Myung Soo - lots of audience  watched because of him. 3) the high rating that attracted their attention to check this drama.

And now everyone priased this drama and it became a hit in my country , lots of comments said only 4 eps and they are addicted and can't wait for the next ep. Lots of comments said they watched becaue of KMS (which he's so good and so cute in this drama) but then fell in love with SHS too, and now they really loved and cheered for the couple. So much compliments for the acting, script, ost, cinematography that now I'm so delighted and also worried if this drama will be able to maintain the same quality for the next week. 

(sorry for turning only 1 question into my long rambling :P).

Happy Sunday morning everyone !! :love::relaxed::innocent:

@immorethant I forgot about that scene! Curse the director for taking it out! If he did. I think, it’s the same one where Hae Sun was sitting in taxi waving at folks right? I hope they show it in a flashback or something!

I checked the airing time. It’s not 70 mins. It barely reaches 65 mins. :lol:

2 hours ago, jakey09 said:

@immorethant I forgot about that scene! Curse the director for taking it out! If he did. I think, it’s the same one where Hae Sun was sitting in taxi waving at folks right? I hope they show it in a flashback or something!

I checked the airing time. It’s not 70 mins. It barely reaches 65 mins. :lol:

Actually I feel she regained her sight far too early in the show. I was expecting at least 2 more episodes of her being blind.

I almost forgot about that scene too. I also hope it is going to be shown in a flashback though I cannot imagine how. This drama is beyond my imagination because I can't predict how it's going to be

58 minutes ago, Ni Wen said:

Actually I feel she regained her sight far too early in the show. I was expecting at least 2 more episodes of her being blind.

I almost forgot about that scene too. I also hope it is going to be shown in a flashback though I cannot imagine how. This drama is beyond my imagination because I can't predict how it's going to be

I know. I hope they show some kind of a trauma where she looses it again. Or is there a reason she gained it early? 

When she falls in love & finds Dan’s truth she deals it out with Diety. In return of her love, her eyes? I hope that doesn’t happen. Just a thought. Lol

6 hours ago, briseis said:

One of the storylines in Angel’s Last Mission: Love is the role reversal of the stereotypical kdrama trope of a cold and tormented male lead and the spunky heroine who finds a way into his heart (though, there is clearly much more to Dan than meets the eye). Here, it’s Lee Yeon Seo who is the damaged, aloof and rude chaebol heiress lashing out at everyone regardless whether they hurt her or not. Lee Min Ho’s portrayal of Gu Jun Pyo really does come to mind first when you watch YS as she bullies her stuff without any care for their problems and feelings. It’s really an inspired move by the writer because LYS is such a wonderful, complex character and after the first two episodes it’s clear that this type of a female protagonist can be as fascinating as any male hero with the right script and actress. Heroines like Yeon Seoo are rare to come across in a kdrama or any Asian drama, really and Shin Hye Sun absolutely slays in this role.

Just like Gu Jun Pyo, LYS isn’t likeable or lovable in any way and it’s only apt that Dan receives such a difficult task for his last mission - to make Yeon Seo fall in love - because she is not someone who is easy to love nor does she seems to be capable of giving love to anyone. In other words, she is a huge jerk just like all those other kdrama male leads out there, and just like them there is much more to her coldness than it seems. Interestingly, YS wasn’t always like that. She used to be loveable in her childhood so something traumatic must have happened to her that would change her so much. Her eye injury must be only part of the story because regaining her sight didn’t really bring any improvement or change to her behaviour. So it must be something that can’t be fixed - the death of her parents, possibly even Dan’s death, and now even the death of Mr. Yoo. Finally, there is also her aunt’s betrayal and scheming. She has truly lost everything and everyone and fell to the absolute bottom. She really does need someone who would break her fall because there is only so much a person can manage on her own.

Yeon Seo doesn’t give a damn about what others think of her or the consequences of her actions and completely lacks any sort of politeness. She doesn’t try to make connections with people or to make them like her. Instead, she thinks the worst and expects the worst from everyone. It’s a defence mechanism. After all the loss and betrayal, YS doesnt want to get close to anyone because she doesn’t want to get hurt by them and she is afraid to lose another person she loves. All that anger, sadness, dignity and pride, those are the only things she is left now; they are the only things keeping her alive. It’s clear that YS is a fighter and a survivor and she lashes out on people first before they come too close and can hurt her. I think that this is the most admirable quality about YS - her willingness to carry on each day, her dogged, stubborn will to keep living and fighting despite all the loss and tragedy; even though a part of her wants to die and finally put an end to the neverending hurt. As he will spend more time with her and come to know her better, Dan will see this strength and hidden vulnerability beneath YS’s armor of ice and spikes and facade of disinterest and pride. Also, after episode 2, I can’t help myself but think that YS sees herself as someone cursed, who brings death to everyone she loves, and that in a way she hates herself, meaning she doesn’t love herself so how could she possibly love someone else?

Finally, I want to add that I adore the scene where she stands up to those jerks bullying her in the park. It’s an accurate depiction of a visually impaired person who has had to deal with her disability for 3 years and YS clearly did everything she could to make herself self-sufficient because her pride wouldn’t allow her anything else.

Well, there is a huge difference between Gu Jun Pyo and Lee Yeon Seo, despite their rude and cold behavior. Right from the start, the beholder knows about LYS's tragedies (loss of her parents, loss of her sight) therefore we can understand why she acts like that. No viewer can really hate LYS, while it was not really the same for GJP. In the beginning, we know nothing about GJP and only see a rude and spoiled man.

Furthermore, I would like to add that the writer often uses other characters acting as rude, cold and hypocrite. We have the aunt, the jerks from the park, the workers from Fantasia and the people who attended Mr. Jo's funeral which makes LYS's coldness soften. The gossips, the smile of the aunt while hugging LYS and the harsh comments behind LYS's back illustrate how cold LYS's world has always been from the start. LYS became cold due to her tragedies but she was already surrounded by this harsh and cold world. I am quite sure that LYS must have heard comments about herself from the staff too, talking behind her back, while thinking that since she was blind, she couldn't do much.     

I was thinking about what the guy said during Mr. Jo’s funeral - How Mr. Jo was wronged. Mystery #1.

Was he, Mr. Jo, related to LYS somehow? Then a thought occurred to me - Was he related to Dan instead? Dan & YS knew each other in childhood, Mr. Jo became her driver way before the glimpses of their childhood we see. Was he Dan’s father, I wonder? 

Dan seemed like an abused child. By his parents? Or ... It’s impossible for Dan not to be related to anyone in the show. Sounds quite lonely. I feel he probably has a connection to Mr. Jo or ... the Director?  Now, that’s an other mystery. Mystery #2. I think, his is only to do with LYS. When he went home, he greeted a freezed-out picture. Was it YS’s? 

Questions, questions!

• Hi everyone I'm Back again. Ok I was read all your comments and that was so great unfortunately I can't write or think like you guys but I really love this drama especially or cute Angels he so :wub: I hope until the end i enjoy this Drama . We should wait until wednesday and thursday so I make some gifs for you and myself hope you like them.

FzC2oPd.gif

qY460Wb.gif

rSK3qrn.gif

qQVkw42.gif

dp62GEx.gif

O4U9IbY.gif

W9vCHSd.gif

V4Yvveq.gif

xrYCwgx.gif

18 hours ago, immorethant said:

@Ni Wen According to this news 

https://www.mk.co.kr/star/hot-issues/view/2019/05/345332/

the ending scenes that angle Dan protected Yeon-Seo of episode 3-4 reached highest rating of 10.2% (although average rating is 6.6% and 8.6%) 

Why was the rating for that specific time so high? Was that the time when viewers gave up on Something in the Rain II One Spring Night, and switched to Ballerina's Only Love?

4 hours ago, bebebisous33 said:

Well, there is a huge difference between Gu Jun Pyo and Lee Yeon Seo, despite their rude and cold behavior. Right from the start, the beholder knows about LYS's tragedies (loss of her parents, loss of her sight) therefore we can understand why she acts like that. No viewer can really hate LYS, while it was not really the same for GJP. In the beginning, we know nothing about GJP and only see a rude and spoiled man.

Furthermore, I would like to add that the writer often uses other characters acting as rude, cold and hypocrite. We have the aunt, the jerks from the park, the workers from Fantasia and the people who attended Mr. Jo's funeral which makes LYS's coldness soften. The gossips, the smile of the aunt while hugging LYS and the harsh comments behind LYS's back illustrate how cold LYS's world has always been from the start. LYS became cold due to her tragedies but she was already surrounded by this harsh and cold world. I am quite sure that LYS must have heard comments about herself from the staff too, talking behind her back, while thinking that since she was blind, she couldn't do much.     

It was never my intention to suggest that YS and GJP are similar deep down. YS suffered so much more than GJP in her life, she has much more developed backstory,  and that's something I dealt with and mentioned in the rest of my post. The GJP-YS similarity I wanted to make is that no matter their motivation they take out their anger and frustration on everyone around them; some may deserve it, but most of them don't. I think that in this respect YS is even further gone than GJP because he was at least nice to his three friends and sister, which he respected no matter what, but YS really does hurt even the ones closest to her - that is her female secretary and Mr. Yo who was always supportive and never gossiped behind her back. It's her greatest flaw and also something which allows for greater character development in the future.

Also, LYS's world wasn't cold from the start and that's another thing I mentioned about her. She had loving, doting parents and the devoted Mr. Jo, who clearly spoiled her, and she comes from priviliged background. Losing her parents, maybe even losing Dan, might be what turned her into this cold version of herself, together with the loss of her sight. However, now she regained it and there is not much improvement really in her behaviour. In the end, she isn't the only person who lost her parents or her sight but most people don't react to tragedy like she does - meaning it's no excuse to treat other harshly because she isn't the only one suffering.

37 minutes ago, kokkuri33 said:

Why was the rating for that specific time so high? Was that the time when viewers gave up on Something in the Rain II One Spring Night, and switched to Ballerina's Only Love?

I'm still curious about the process to measure rating of K-drama or other Korean tv program too.

How can they measure rating at some specific time like audience's behavior can switch channel at any minute?  :blink: and then it's like they're watching other things and then just know ahead that oh...there will be the ending of this drama that this girl will be saved by the cute angel with his wings, so let's switch channel to watch this.  Or does it mean if I tune in this TV channel and then do something like surfing the net or posting in Soompi while watching, it will not be counted as a rating ? they will measure only the time when I really focus on the program ? ....so curiuos. :blink: 

I'm also curious about how to measure rating for cable TV too,  previously I was heard/read many people said you can't compare rating of main channels with cable channels directly because rating of cable should be lower as a they need subscription. If the subscription is a burden for audience not to watch the cable 's drama, why there're some dramas that got 20%+ rating from cable channel (e.g. sky castle, mr.sunshine) but there're the case the the drama that aired after that hit drama suddenly got only 1-3 % . Where are those 20% subscribers disappear to ? Why the gap of variance can be so different ? What kind of subscription period that those cables TV requires  (1-day , 1-week, 1-month or longer period) ? Can viewer subscribe to watch any drama and then just can cancel subscription not to watch at any time of their perference (e.g. like streaming channel) ?  Could someone please kindly explain ?

@Silver Fall  I love you graphic, really nice. I wish I can do that too but I don' t have the skill. Thank you for sharing.  :wub:

So i just got a bit of time to watch kdrama and decided to watch this and after watching 4 episodes I'm absolutely in love with this..drama..

Just started reading some insights in here by @bebebisous33 and @briseis as usual I love all of them... ( I especially liked where they brought out about water being the ELEMENT and those references in drama:) )

I really loved Shin hye sun's acting in this scene and she really delivered the emotions to the point that really shocked me as a viewer.

tumblr_ps2a5tqZWi1w99clso4_540.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ps0helBVnM1vpmpmko4_r1_400.giftumblr_ps0helBVnM1vpmpmko7_r1_400.gif

cr : idleminds

Now that there is no one for yeon soo to lean on or trust I want to see how she will trust on dan and how will she accept the fact that he is an angel?( Like towards the last episode we him saving her right so that means either she can see the wings or she may not see them? I'm confused myself )

You read my mind @jakey09. I agree that Dan must have been either abused as a child or neglected, or another possibility is that he was bullied by his peers. Those bruises are all over his body and why else would a child like him wish for death. Even his clothes are dirty.

9Z7oaFh.png2sqxjy6.png

Spoiler

QHBkGWU.png

4 hours ago, kokkuri33 said:

Let’s hope that’s true! I did read mixed reviews about that show. :lol:

@immorethant

Sounds good! I actually thought it was an hour long for each episodes. But having 4 episodes of 35 minutes each every week isn't bad. A lot of dramas are cut to that short time frame of an episode now. It's confusing me. :sweat_smile:

I'm so excited for these scenes this upcoming week! I think we might see some character development/change for LYS! Yay! :wub:

Spoiler

These two are the cutest! Both are going to fall for each other and I do hope it comes soon before all the torments. 

d52bd1c6-ad59-46cb-a9b6-36225156554f-ori

be2da366-8de7-435c-8b26-f9ffe0baee4c-ori

7cba16e6-f2b4-4416-ad93-c4d08d6b6196-ori

*Gifs credit to Twitter 

Archived