Quantcast
Jump to content
0ly40

[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, dramaninja said:

Yeah something it starting they keep giving each other that"I long for you" look 

 

Oh yeah she did in fact take pictures of them in their pjs so I guess thats part of the "Scandal"

Ha... Yeah, the part where the episode ended was totally the "please be with me right now" type of feel.

 

The PJ pictures are DEFINITELY coming back in a later episode as a blackmail. Just don't know when but it's going to come back for sure.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So-Dumb said something stupid and made things worst she is giving TMI, then she dares to be angry at her mother?. She could have said she wanted to check if she is debuting as her mother said and not she was checking on the rumors, what a dumb girl. Then she goes off on her sister.

kSPdnSp.gif

 

What is So-Yu doing exactly doing nibbling on the bread sucking the fat out of it or licking it but she is not eating it for sure, I imagine what is going on in everyone mind "Just eat it " she could just take a bit and then throw it with a napkin if she doesn't want to ruin her diet,  but the way she is treating that piece of bread it a crime, before watching this episode I thought I was weird for eating choco pies without taking a bit as if I was devouring it.

0gfRDGk.gif


Ms. Hong treats her minions as maids again just throw away your college degree. Mi-Ri I find her cute but for her to go around running with rumors is an attractive look on her. For SJ not to know about his engagement to that brat is overstepping the boundaries. It is not a surprise birthday party.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So-Dumb needs to move on since she has no legal ground, Mi-Ri snapping off on the two adultresses was cute especially calling SY orphan candy and her manager correcting her, the Eun father is selfish good for nothing, I think his mistress had daddies issue to have an affair with someone like him!

For SH to be insulted and humiliated like this by someone like YT is his mother fault for interfering with his job just to match SJ and SY,  for her to play the worried mother is disgusting.

The maid is weird but what it is her agenda?.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

HI

I only started to watch this drama. May I ask why is there a Caucasian woman as daughter/sister in a Korean household. It's so weird to see her sticking out like a sore thumb amono the rest of the actors. Initially I thought the father had a Caucasian wife - hence a mix blood daughter or the lady might be the daughter in law but no, she us his flesh & blood and the lead actor is very Asian so she really doesn't fit in. It's very distracting watching her with everyone.

  • LOL 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, cheekychipmunk_stv said:

HI

I only started to watch this drama. May I ask why is there a Caucasian woman as daughter/sister in a Korean household. It's so weird to see her sticking out like a sore thumb amono the rest of the actors. Initially I thought the father had a Caucasian wife - hence a mix blood daughter or the lady might be the daughter in law but no, she us his flesh & blood and the lead actor is very Asian so she really doesn't fit in. It's very distracting watching her with everyone.

 

I rarely comment on these threads and usually just silently read but your comment is a bit discriminatory. The actress you are speaking about is lee yoo jin, she is mixed race and her mother is full korean and her father is hispanic-american (they divorced when she was 1 years old) but she was born and raised in S.Korea so although you can tell she is mixed, she is definitely korean and not Caucasian.  Many dramas have families that don't look like they are related, you just have to ignore it because it's just a show.  All korean shows will have korean families and the actress should not be restricted roles because she looks mixed race.  Personally she only stands out to me because she is so tall and they lightened her hair as compared the stature of the rest of her family, if the lead was the same height and they kept her hair dark she would probably be less distracting. 

 

Personally I am fine with the actress, but find her character extremely grating and I just don't see the point of making her so immature and angry all of the time but I rarely watch daily kdrama so this could be normal for this genre. 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When I watched the preview of episode 34 of Ms. Hong I was thinking to myself what a stupid move of her to drag YS and make kneel in front of SJ and then his whole family, then when I watched the episode I was starting to think what an evil woman, she wanted to play the righteous and a hero in front of them. But the way SY looked at her was like what are you doing?

eB9nqqu.gif

 

Then I started to find how things went against her plan, she wanted to get SY fired and to ruin the engagement and to keep SY away from SH and she planned that for days and then destiny had other plans since her plan backfired on her without even knowing SJ gave a call to SH to ask him to look after SY ( a lot of s-s in this show). See destiny plans smoothly it gives the chance for things to fall into its right place perfectly and without effort, while Ms. Hong plans always fails. Now SJ has to be engaged to save SY job so what did she do exactly with her minions in the war room?

Mi-Ri oh Mi-Ri you did a good job, you deserve to get your happy ending more than anyone "You go girl". Now I really think the real plot where SY pretend to like SJ to save her mother is starting and I hate that. But SY always feels anxious in front of Ms. Hong, she is always tense but now I hope she knows for sure who is Ms. Hong for real for what she is about to ask her to do for money, Ms Hong treats SY as a gold digger even though she knows the real story, the real gold digger and the thief is no one but her.

1TgJabP.gif

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, hapacalgirl said:

 

I rarely comment on these threads and usually just silently read but your comment is a bit discriminatory. The actress you are speaking about is lee yoo jin, she is mixed race and her mother is full korean and her father is hispanic-american (they divorced when she was 1 years old) but she was born and raised in S.Korea so although you can tell she is mixed, she is definitely korean and not Caucasian.  Many dramas have families that don't look like they are related, you just have to ignore it because it's just a show.  All korean shows will have korean families and the actress should not be restricted roles because she looks mixed race.  Personally she only stands out to me because she is so tall and they lightened her hair as compared the stature of the rest of her family, if the lead was the same height and they kept her hair dark she would probably be less distracting. 

 

Personally I am fine with the actress, but find her character extremely grating and I just don't see the point of making her so immature and angry all of the time but I rarely watch daily kdrama so this could be normal for this genre. 

 

Hi

I'm not discriminating the actress for acting in a Korean drama. It's not the first time I have seen Caucasian or other Asians or mix parentage actors/actresses in a daily drama. But most of the time, these characters are written into the drama as per script. This is the first time a characer whom I can see as clearly as day looking very white parentage (not being racist here) acting as 100% sibling to rest of the Asian looking casts. So naturally I try to understand how she fit into the family genealogy like perhaps she is 1st wife child or secret birth etc. So here I am watching this drama and I couldnt get in my head that she is male lead sister and wife of the idol guy. On top of that, they have a gorgeous nanny (female lead sister) who look and seems more like his wife than the sister of the male lead.

 

Her being tall is not an issue here. Her character in the drama is also rather annoying.

 

Btw...I have mix parentage look myself so most of the time I stood out among my friends looking very Eurasian. My daughter is a product of interracial marriage - European/Asian. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So I skipped one episode and then binged it from yesterday and today... Man, SJ's family is a dang mess. You got the sister crazy, the brother in law is insane, and the dad wants the son to marry his friend and forget/fire SY.

 

I'm actually really waiting on next episode, but I know that Ms. Hong is not just going to tell SY straight off the bat to "pretend to like SJ" or something strange like that... Or will she...?

 

And plus... In the preview, SJ was like: "I just realized how much my heart would've fluttered if it was you." WAS THAT TO SY!? Guess we'll find out... Man, waiting for Monday is going to be a pain too. :bawling:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, xprosperity said:

So I skipped one episode and then binged it from yesterday and today... Man, SJ's family is a dang mess. You got the sister crazy, the brother in law is insane, and the dad wants the son to marry his friend and forget/fire SY.

 

I'm actually really waiting on next episode, but I know that Ms. Hong is not just going to tell SY straight off the bat to "pretend to like SJ" or something strange like that... Or will she...?

 

And plus... In the preview, SJ was like: "I just realized how much my heart would've fluttered if it was you." WAS THAT TO SY!? Guess we'll find out... Man, waiting for Monday is going to be a pain too. :bawling:

She did in fact she ask her to seduce him she agreed at the end.Evil mom one told SJ  was getting marry for her so she can keep her job  so it was a marriage of convenience which SJ did confirmed to her.

 

SO it seems like she doing this for not only for he mother but for SJ.

 

SJ basically old her he like her as well.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 5:47 AM, dramaninja said:

She did in fact she ask her to seduce him she agreed at the end.Evil mom one told SJ  was getting marry for her so she can keep her job  so it was a marriage of convenience which SJ did confirmed to her.

 

SO it seems like she doing this for not only for he mother but for SJ.

 

SJ basically old her he like her as well.

I saw! She ended up doing and agreeing to Ms. Hong, I think because a) SJ told her (kind of) that he's marrying Ji-yoon for her and b) SY saw her mom working the part-time and getting scolded wanting to run away so that the sisters don't have to worry about her treatment money.

 

I agree that she's not only thinking of her mother but also of SJ. Aside from SJ giving the Biggest hint ever that he liked her, I feel like SY likes him too (but is totally denying it.)

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ms. Hong is running her office like a gangster group! All her minions look like thugs and act like one too, from matchmaking to tailing there is nothing they won't do, where did she find this group of misfits. All the minion act exactly like her who loves to sit on her chair and act copy her in everything she does. As if she has her own mini Hong running around.

 

9Dj9Cax.gif

 

  • Like 1
  • LOL 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

For Ms. Hong to be choked for what YS said was like a thief reaction for being called a thief, or maybe it was because she was already hiding that side of her and to be told that was crossing the red line then she has no right since she crossed all the lines first. But now SY will never doubt who Ms. Hong is or her actual nature because she knows now what is she capable of doing to win it all, but what SY planning to do is not as bad compared to what she was asked to do.

 

I was eating a crumble strawberry bun while watching the following scene I cut it to the parts that made it so sweet, watching everything from the moment SY called SH to the part Ms. Hong made the phone call was amusing especially how she was hiding like the filthy rat that she actually is.

 

 

Mi-Ri deserves better and for the brother-in-law to use his sister-in-law crazy Godzilla mode is gonna bite him one day I hope so, she always runs off without taking a minute to think about it, her daughter is more of a handbag she needed to have and never wanted to look after or care about. Today I know for sure that SY was planning a future with SH but it wasn't clear for her. They had a lovely moment that I totally forgot that SJ only appeared at the end of the episode for one minute I just remembered while writing the last part.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i feel like it's time to quit this drama. For SY to agree to "seduce" her boss, when she;s likely never kissed anyone but her boyfriend and he made the moves first?? yes, her mom is sick, but if she's sick and you have no means to support her and your crazy sister, then let the woman die happy with the last days she spent with her kids.  why keep her alive? If you keep playing the rich people games, you are damned.   Every move the evil witch makes, SY is stunned, and yet she keeps going full throttle back into her schemes??? you keep shaking your head and say, is SY that much of a airhead that she can't understand what the evil witch is about?  it's one thing to say, 'don't show this side to your son bec he loves you too much".  it's another thing to walk away, and say, 'enough of your crazy richard simmons people".. SY has no back bone, and that dying mother of hers is ball and chain for her rather than a blessing to her that she needs to protect.

  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have to agreed SY is really dumb to let that 2 face witch play her like that.  she should know why 2 face witch is pushing her into YH.

 

YH will be very mad when he findout she only date/married him for  money/not love. would not surprise me if 2 face witch is the one who told YH family. SY married YH for his money/not him.

 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, 1bin said:

i feel like it's time to quit this drama. For SY to agree to "seduce" her boss, when she;s likely never kissed anyone but her boyfriend and he made the moves first?? yes, her mom is sick, but if she's sick and you have no means to support her and your crazy sister, then let the woman die happy with the last days she spent with her kids.  why keep her alive? If you keep playing the rich people games, you are damned.   Every move the evil witch makes, SY is stunned, and yet she keeps going full throttle back into her schemes??? you keep shaking your head and say, is SY that much of a airhead that she can't understand what the evil witch is about?  it's one thing to say, 'don't show this side to your son bec he loves you too much".  it's another thing to walk away, and say, 'enough of your crazy richard simmons people".. SY has no back bone, and that dying mother of hers is ball and chain for her rather than a blessing to her that she needs to protect.

Eh it was in the description  not really sure what you excepted lol.

 

Quote

Gangnam Scandal follows a young woman who is too desperate for money do a ridiculous thing: being Cinderella. So-yoo is a hard working woman in her 20s, but needs money for her mother's liver translation surgery. That’s why she accepts a ludicrous request to seduce Choi Seo-joon, an heir to a big construction company. Seo-joon is a fun-loving guy who doesn't believe the possibility that someone would love him as himself, not his fortune. So he feels curious about So-yoo's confidence and diligence. They gradually fall for each other, forgetting the reason that they met. Se-hyun, Seo-joon's good friend who loves So-yoo for a very long time, gets furious about their romance. Seo-joon's rivals in the company conspire to have him deprived of his heirship. But the real crisis starts when Seo-joon is diagnosed with an incurable illness.

https://www.ondemandkorea.com/kangnam-scandal-e24.html

 

Edited by dramaninja
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

SY already told Ms. Hong she is not going to seduce him but she will stop the engagement to go through. I don't understand the secrecy of buying SY new outfits from SH if she told her son that SJ asked her to take SY shopping that will make them drift apart, what's wrong with it for her to keep a distance and for her minions to act suspicious while escorting SY will only draw attention. It stupid the whole buying cloth as stupid every piece as uglier than the one before it or after it.

 

So SD finally doing something, JY is so clingy asking people if SJ likes when she actually knows he doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, howa said:

SY already told Ms. Hong she is not going to seduce him but she will stop the engagement to go through. I don't understand the secrecy of buying SY new outfits from SH if she told her son that SJ asked her to take SY shopping that will make them drift apart, what's wrong with it for her to keep a distance and for her minions to act suspicious while escorting SY will only draw attention. It stupid the whole buying cloth as stupid every piece as uglier than the one before it or after it.

 

So SD finally doing something, JY is so clingy asking people if SJ likes when she actually knows he doesn't.

I didn't get that either. Why was Ms. Hong buying clothes for SY kept a secret...? Everyone saw her shopping bags for one, so that was a great way to tell everyone "wow, look how much new clothes I have!"

 

I actually liked the clothes that she left the store with, I thought that was a nice outfit on her. Otherwise, her old clothes were totally fine. The sister probably only wanted to pick on SY anyway for the heck of it.

 

SD is doing something because she suspects that Ms. Hong is behind yet. But she seems to forget that Ms. Hong scheduled and knows about her being a surrogate so saying all of that stuff to her isn't going to make a difference... Ms. Hong will still do whatever she pleases... JY is super clingy; I didn't like her from the moment she got her dad to buy the shares of LX group. In my opinion, SJ should marry whoever he likes. :unamused:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I understand that So-Yu want to save her mother, in addition Ms Hong has also bought their house, but it's stupid of her to have accepted the deal, I mean when the truth will burst Ms Hong risk of 'come out again with lies and SO-Yu will not only suffer against the two boys who love her  but also his mother who will take it badly but also the family of SJ, it's really a big mess for her to come, it's sad, very sad:fearful:

I hope it will not last and that they will discover the truth soon, it would be a shame to hang over

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...