[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

I really don't know what is going to happen next..SJ passing out in front of SH. It's really not what I was expecting .If he gets to Know about SJ's illness ,then everything goes out of control. If he doesn't find out only SJ does ,then he is going to be crushed ,with no one helping him..it's sad and depressing to watch.  What I think is going to happen is that when SJ finds about the illness,he is going to push SY away .I think by this time Ms Hong is going to take over the company and SJ finding out everything about Ms hong from SY and connecting everything .Then as usual kdrama cliche ,while he is dying he is going to fight and take care and correct the wrong doings by his family towards SY 's family ,  help SD as well ,get back his company from Ms Hong  bring the truth out before everyone and patch up things with SH and JY, fight for SK ( maybe help her get divorced ) . Then on the other side SY will be falling head over heels for her hero SJ and everything turning sentimental with SJ rejecting her and finally the truth about his illness revealing and everyone going mad and sentimental and he finally dying ( hope not) . SY finally moving on and becoming successful or SJ's illness magically getting cured (thanks to kdrama gods) and SJ and SY finally ending up together.                                   We got about 50 episodes left and I don't know how they are going to do it all . When SJ's illness reveals all the characters in the drama will go through some major developments.

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Dev11O said:

I really don't know what is going to happen next..SJ passing out in front of SH. It's really not what I was expecting .If he gets to Know about SJ's illness ,then everything goes out of control. If he doesn't find out only SJ does ,then he is going to be crushed ,with no one helping him..it's sad and depressing to watch.  What I think is going to happen is that when SJ finds about the illness,he is going to push SY away .I think by this time Mrs Hong is going to take over the company and SJ finding out everything about Mrs hong from SY and connecting everything .Then as usual kdrama cliche ,while he is dying he is going to fight and take care and correct the wrong doings by his family towards SY 's family ,  help SD as well ,get back his company from Mrs Hong  bring the truth out before everyone and patch up things with SH and PY, fight for SK ( maybe help her get divorced ) . Then on the other side SY will be falling head over heels for her hero SJ and everything turning sentimental with SJ rejecting her and finally the truth about his illness revealing and everyone going mad and sentimental and he finally dying ( hope not) . SY finally moving on and becoming successful or SJ's illness magically getting cured (thanks to kdrama gods) and SJ and SY finally ending up together.                                                                                                 We got about 50 episodes left and I don't know how they are going to do it all . When SJ's illness reveals all the characters in the drama will go through some major developments.

I really cannot believe in 2019 they are still playing with the "incurable illness" storyline, as if people would not be kind and understanding unless someone is dying...THis is just pathetic lack of creativity of the writers.

Ms. Hong giving her son an emotional rollercoaster ride and making him tied up in the webs of her lies made me really wonder how will he ever survive?. How could he keep his sanity ones he finds out the truth about his dear mom. Even when she talked to SY she made her son (which he actually is) sound unstable and he gets seizures. His mother telling him she wouldn't lie to his face while she doing it and with a hug or her saying she will die if she lied to him which makes her a ghost since she lies through her teeth.

QUzHQN2.gif

SH will give SY a hard time while working with him and the woman who Ms. Hong asked her to do so will do that too, SY already wanted to leave her job so it is not a big deal for her, but the only way for Ms. Hong lies to be exposed if she stuck around longer, I think SH will call his mother first about SJ and she will use that to her advantage, but what lie will she tell to her son when she gives him LX.

In the preview for the first time ever I really feel bad for SK husband, like when something bad happens to someone you don't like but still, you don't wish them bad. One thing I need to say if her husband blackmailed her aunt I think she wouldn't give in since her goal is to destroy SK father and Hong, for her to give the shares to him will be a pointless move and wast of money.

Breaking down the preview and the episode: 

I'm pretty sure this is where we get to see SJ's illness come into the big picture but where's this marriage that they spoke of? I hope SJ doesn't get mad at SY or anything. I'll be so mad if he does.

It is SO obvious that the golf coach is in it for the money! He's scheming against SK with BCM! I started figuring it out as soon as he didn't defend SK against BCM in the department store. And today, the ugly truth came out... SK isn't an idiot but I guess they saw her weakness as lack of love and caring and attacked her directly with Mr. Evil Golf Coach. In all honesty, SK's husband has NO right to be mad at SK... He has no feelings for her whatsoever and didn't he cheat on her before also? Who's he to talk?

SD is also a mess, but when is she not? TW might divorce Seo-hyung and get with SD because he knows his wife is a horrible manipulative person... Man, this drama is whirling at episode 69 already! I'm ready for the action!

28 minutes ago, xprosperity said:

He has no feelings for her whatsoever and didn't he cheat on her before also? Who's he to talk?

I don't recall that he ever cheated on her, he was cheated on by his ex so he should realize the only common thing is him, he lacks a lot on keeping his woman loved and cared for and on everything related to women, but not on the greed department, he is not a good husband or a good worker or good at anything but going after titles and gossiping and playing games

3 minutes ago, howa said:

I don't recall that he ever cheated on her, he was cheated on by his ex so he should realize the only common thing is him, he lacks a lot on keeping his woman loved and cared for and on everything related to women, but not on the greed department, he is not a good husband or a good worker or good at anything but going after titles and gossiping and playing games

I thought so. I know that he definitely doesn't like SK (until he heard that she held most of LX's shares). He's very greedy and chases after titles for suuuure. And often when he's drunk, he calls for other women even as SK is right there... He's basically not the husband material, but neither is the golf coach!

4 hours ago, howa said:

His mother telling him she wouldn't lie to his face while she doing it and with a hug or her saying she will die if she lied to him .... 

4 hours ago, howa said:

SH will give SY a hard time while working with him and the woman who Ms. Hong asked her to do so will do that too, ....

The problem is that, while Ms Hong hates So-You, So-You still cares for SH (as a friend) & wants to protect him, by hiding her mom's lies. Meanwhile, SH would keep behaving as a doting son.

I wonder if this situation would go on until episode 119 and So-You would only reveal the lies at that episode. Then, at episode 120, everything goes Kumbaya. That's not a good story development. 

10 minutes ago, jasmine19 said:

I wonder if this situation would go on until episode 119 and So-You would only reveal the lies at that episode. Then, at episode 120, everything goes Kumbaya. That's not a good story development. 

Sounds like typical day-to-day Kdrama :joy:

2 hours ago, Yi Gui said:

Sounds like typical day-to-day Kdrama :joy:

Yep... it's a usual typical kdrama plot...but it is also true that people still watch and are interested in these kind of dramas .It is also a fact that , this plot will be again presented with a few changes or with an attractive male and female lead and people will again continue to watch this ..I don't think this plot is going to die anytime soon:grin:

16 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

:kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink::kiss_wink:

Spoiler

I am so glad that I was wrong! :smiley:  And looks like SY gets full honesty-mode with SJ, that is exactly what I want their relationships to be! And SJ is much bigger a man than I thought, I feel so sad the writer has to give him an incurable illness:unamused:

After watching ep. 70, I’m thinking the golf coach will not sleep with SK and will not actually take the money.   For this situation to turn around and bite the Ex-Wife and Sister, then the golf coach will woo SK and get her divorced and marry her.   Now it’s time for lazy husband to step up and protect his wife and woo her away from the golf coach since MAJOR STOCK CONTROL is at stake.  I’d love to see this backfire and SK get a backbone!

Spoiler

I am really looking forward to seeing what new lies Ms Hong is going to come up with for her son. Obviously SH is running into his mother's evil true self more frequently, and a serious load of creativity is needed to come up with new lies that are consistent with the old ones :unamused:

Again, I like SJ so much! It is just so easy for him to understand that what really matters is SY and him are in love at the moment and that is enough for him.

On the other hand, claiming to have decades of affection for SY, SH was just so easy to be fooled by his mother to believe SY is a lier! Way to drive the woman you like away, man! That is why SJ won her over and you end up alone~:thumbsdown:

I like they (perhaps mainly by the director) made the kiss different from the first one in skiing field. This time they kissed more passionately as a couple with more natural movements. The first time was comparatively static, which I assume reasonable because they were not an official couple yet, and SY was not prepared for that to happen:kiss_wink: 

They are adorable as a couple~ :kiss_wink: 

I knew SJ wouldn’t disappoint! SJ & SY are so cute. I’m guessing SY told SJ the honest truth. So, they’re starting off on a clean slate for sure. I can’t wait for subs! Cute moments between the OTP aplenty today!

7 minutes ago, chdom said:

I knew SJ wouldn’t disappoint! SJ & SY are so cute. I’m guessing SY told SJ the honest truth. So, they’re starting off on a clean slate for sure. I can’t wait for subs! Cute moments between the OTP aplenty today!

Your guess is correct! :thumbsup: since I already watched it with subs

4 hours ago, desertflower said:

After watching ep. 70, I’m thinking the golf coach will not sleep with SK and will not actually take the money.   For this situation to turn around and bite the Ex-Wife and Sister, then the golf coach will woo SK and get her divorced and marry her.   Now it’s time for lazy husband to step up and protect his wife and woo her away from the golf coach since MAJOR STOCK CONTROL is at stake.  I’d love to see this backfire and SK get a backbone!

My concern with the golf coach now is his true motive.  He was doing it for money but said now he likes her, did he change his mind and decide to go all out and have her get divorced because he loves her or is it because she is rich and he wants to marry her and have the money?  We know the husband wants the money and doesn’t really love SY.  I would like to see her get a backbone too and not be taken by another man because of what she has to offer.  She deserves to be truly loved for who she is.  One thing I really didn’t like is the hugging and kissing right in front of her house where anyone could see.  That is a dumb move on her and the golf coaches part.  She is a married woman and shouldn’t be so blatant about cheating when she is so afraid of her dad.

Ok, SK took it so far or she is just dumb, who does something like that in front of her house where her dad or her husband might see?. Who does that, on another matter her husband couldn't just wait to get into his house to use the bathroom he had to go on his house wall really?. She claims she is scared to get caught yet she is still cheating and she still has the nerves to do it in front of her house, does she want to get caught?. The husband keeping quite to get LX is disgusting.

fJs8pA8.gif

So this group gets paid to do an evil minion job so they are basically mere drudge (A drudge protects the vampire master (Ms. Hong) during the daylight hours (at the office) and runs small errands (stalking, stealing, making fake calls) they will also act as waiters or waitresses (at SK aunt restaurant) and sometimes a source of food (does getting slapped and taking the fall count or should we wait).

ROySeNL.gif

Who could resist this face? and go to work to set around doing nothing and then comes back and not miss it and to be that face the first thing to see once you get home? Not me!

Spoiler

XmxATCE.gif

For the first time TW acts like a man who is a husband and a father suppose to act, take responsibility and taking actions, unlike the Eun sister dad he didn't stand up for his daughter when his wife slandered them nor he defended his wife when a total stranger defended them and insulted her, but this part of her trembling was funny.

08RSols.gif

SJ is a real man who listened and remembered everything SY told him and what he told her made the connection and stayed loyal and loveable, he gave her million reasons and never judged her as SH the mama boy did, but SH from the preview seemed to see something but he will be still clueless and I don't trust the preview.

Archived