[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

1 minute ago, dramaninja said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Crappy dad and his wife showing up at the funeral causing a scene so did Hong and the media acting like she cared about SD I think that was the last straw for SY.

Spoiler

I don't think I can take it~~~~~

I will catch up the episodes of this week later when things are looking up~~~Thank you!

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, dramaninja said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Crappy dad and his wife showing up at the funeral causing a scene so did Hong and the media acting like she cared about SD I think that was the last straw for SY.

@dramaninja, thanks for the heads up, will wait for English sub to understand it better.  But,  I really detest Ms. Hong and loser Dad and his current wife.

She takes creepy to a whole new level, the minion deserves more than just a slap. I hope SY now goes for revenge and make Ms. Hong lose her son forever it is the only thing that will break her.  Her dad and his wife were shameless, acting as if they are in a restaurant and not a funeral.

7t3Nl0d.gif

On 2/24/2019 at 9:20 PM, Yi Gui said:

Did you see where SY and SD's supposed father's wife was all excited because they thought SJ may be interested in SY.  All they can see are dollar signs.  They do not care for SY or SD one bit, and I would have thrown both of them out of the funeral service.  

46 minutes ago, dramaninja said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Yeah I think so with the ominous music and such it creep me out as well :(

Spoiler

This drama is like a collection of Kdrama cliches.......Cinderella, Rich young heir, second love interests, incurable disease... I still remember a bunch of Kdramas about a decade ago had the "incurable disease" storylines on the lead man or woman. I could not believe they are still filming stories like that when I read the synopsis before I actually watched the show. Then I became fond of the leading actor and actress playing SJ and SY, so I have been watching. Just saying, it is like the writer dug deep into his dusty old file boxes and pulled out this storyline which was filmed hundreds of times years ago.:unamused:

Really golf coach really? I wondered why he was so weak it turns out he is cheap and very cheap, SK always ends up with the bad one's poor girl, just give her a break her husband is the worst kind of a man but at least I think he is not a cheater.

Ms. Hong is so annoying and loud and manipulative, SH should have thought about it and planned for it instead of drinking, for her to do what she did is going overboard and suspicious, I think it is him dreaming because she is not going to risk her reputation.

9 hours ago, howa said:

Really golf coach really? I wondered why he was so weak it turns out he is cheap and very cheap, SK always ends up with the bad one's poor girl, just give her a break her husband is the worst kind of a man but at least I think he is not a cheater.

Ms. Hong is so annoying and loud and manipulative, SH should have thought about it and planned for it instead of drinking, for her to do what she did is going overboard and suspicious, I think it is him dreaming because she is not going to risk her reputation.

What can you expect, he is young and good looking so of course, he was in it for the money.  I had my suspicions but was hoping I was wrong.  

6 hours ago, Pam_Van Fossen said:

What can you expect, he is young and good looking so of course, he was in it for the money.  I had my suspicions but was hoping I was wrong.  

I thought it would be Ms. Hong but it never crossed my mind or even expected that the ex-wife will do that, SK situation will be resolved just if she never cared about her dad at all. She is still in the gray area and did not cheat on her husband or actually had more than an emotional affair. I hope her aunt finds a way to help out.

55 minutes ago, howa said:

I thought it would be Ms. Hong but it never crossed my mind or even expected that the ex-wife will do that, SK situation will be resolved just if she never cared about her dad at all. She is still in the gray area and did not cheat on her husband or actually had more than an emotional affair. I hope her aunt finds a way to help out.

SK has typical symptoms of abused women, although it was not physically abuse, it is emotional abuse by his father and husband for sure.

Unfortunately. abused women often left one abusive man (significant others, or father, or other important male roles) and ended up with another abusive man, like always, and it is very hard to break the vicious cycle.

I am no psychologist and not going to discuss why exactly it is the way. IMHO, it has something to do with their low self-esteem as a result of abuse and believe it is OK or normal that people mistreat them this way. And somehow, perhaps due to human's self-protection mechanism, they got used to being controlled and hurt by the abusers and grew some sense of security, which I suppose perhaps is similar to Stockholm symptom but it is just my two cents. 

This dynamic is really really sad, and that is why people are told to report domestic violence whenever they see one. Also, emotional abuse should also get people's attention to prevent dysfunctional families screwing people up.:unamused:

2 hours ago, dramaninja said:
Spoiler

I saw the preview, SH is such a moron~ I am wondering how dumb his father must have been, so he is so stupid even with his mother's DNA?

All right, so SH is told SY is a con and lier by his mother and he despises her for it. Then he cannot wait to tell SJ that SY was deceiving him and sabotage his engagement because of Ms Hong's money!!! Now SY has already been in love with SJ, but SJ is going to confront her about it...Karma? Right, but Karma works for everyone in the drama except Ms Hong!

Now SY will have to tell SJ the truth, and perhaps they are breaking up? And then one is getting sick and the other got dumped in heart-breaking way, the writer is a genius all right!

4 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:
  Reveal hidden contents

I saw the preview, SH is such a moron~ I am wondering how dumb his father must have been, so he is so stupid even with his mother's DNA?

All right, so SH is told SY is a con and lier by his mother and he despises her for it. Then he cannot wait to tell SJ that SY was deceiving him and sabotage his engagement because of Ms Hong's money!!! Now SY has already been in love with SJ, but SJ is going to confront her about it...Karma? Right, but Karma works for everyone in the drama except Ms Hong!

Now SY will have to tell SJ the truth, and perhaps they are breaking up? And then one is getting sick and the other got dumped in heart-breaking way, the writer is a genius all right!

Spoiler

I have no problem that SY has her price to pay because her incentive to prevent SJ's engagement was wrong, even though she was dying for the money to treat her mother, by wrong is wrong, regardless of your reasons. Doing it to SJ while lying about your real motives is just wrong!

And this cannot be a secret forever, if the two want to have a healthy romantic relationship in the long term, they have to face the truth. A relationship which is originated from poisonous roots is doomed eventually, so they have to dig into it and completely remove the bad roots and then build up their honest relationship. "The truth sets you free."

SJ may get so hurt, disappointed, angry, cold turkey and wants to keep away from her for real, with all his family speak ill of SY's integrity. SY is definitely going to be heart-broken and regrets what she did, because even if she tells SJ that she is truly in love with him now, SJ will not believe her any more, given that SH described her as a conwoman and lier. Of course we viewers know it is temporary for dramatic reasons, but they have to process this secret so that they can really move on to a deeper level.

4 hours ago, howa said:

I suspected the ex-wife after seeing her tell Yejin to have SK go out to eat with them again.  I think she wanted to get pics of them together so she could blackmail her.  Although, her husband is not about to let her go, her father will just rant and rave at her telling her she is just like her mother.  It is so sad that this poor girl has never known love.  You are right that she does not want to look bad in her father's eyes because she has tried so hard to please him.  She has more shares than any of them now and could easily walk away from it all but she is not able to.  In her heart she wants to be loved and acknowledged.  I  wish SK would become much stronger and not allow everyone to walk all over her. 

Archived