[Drama 2018-2019] Gangnam Scandal, 강남 스캔들

0ly40

@howa To think I had some sort of sympathy towards mistreated wife. Right what I don’t get is her aunty forcing her to get pregnant? Apperently in a business world people think if a man has a family, he must be trustworthy. 

I need her to get a back bone and seriously cut ties with every toxic people there. And divorce. Also that golf trainer whatever isn’t worth it. He just was standing there while they were abusing her. 

Also she shouldn’t care what her father would think. Since he doesn’t even consider her as his daughter. 

• Replies 767
  • Created
  • Last Reply
56 minutes ago, dramaninja said:

Episode 66 preview massive spoilers, if this is gone late its because they took it down.

WHAT . DID . I . JUST . SEE ?!!!!! Did SY & SD's mom die?!!! WTH is going on?!!! Did someone cause her to have an accident and she dies?!!!! If she does indeed die, then all bets are off for SY. She does not need the money for her mom's treatments. But holy heck, what is going on writer-nim!!!! Is Ms. Hong responsible for the accident?!! Ugh, next week is crazy!!!

4 hours ago, whome said:

Hide contents

WHAT . DID . I . JUST . SEE ?!!!!! Did SY & SD's mom die?!!! WTH is going on?!!! Did someone cause her to have an accident and she dies?!!!! If she does indeed die, then all bets are off for SY. She does not need the money for her mom's treatments. But holy heck, what is going on writer-nim!!!! Is Ms. Hong responsible for the accident?!! Ugh, next week is crazy!!!

Spoiler

THAT'S CRAZY! THEIR MOM DIED? THAT SWEET MOM? UGGGGGHHH! She was so kind and loving to everyone and she's been through so much. This is sad... I can't bear to see SY and SD get their mom taken away... If Ms. Hong is responsible again, I'm going to be PISSED!

13 hours ago, howa said:

So SD was not the intended target of Ms. Hong! I hope nothing goes wrong with SD after her encounter with bulldozer who acted as one today for sure.

I remember Ms Hong used to tell her minion that she thought SD was SH's first love, so she targeted SD and made her the surrogate to break her son's affection. Afterwards, she found SY was the love interest so she did not manage to really break their connection. 

I am really tired that Ms Hong has won everytime so far like an invincible devil...... The writer made others look like fools in her hands, it is time to kick her richard simmons back, OK? Why the leads have to be the victims all the time? The audience's empathy for leads will eventually runs out if it keeps going this way......

Spoiler

If SY's mother will be gone, then Ms Hong loses her most leverage against SY. Then I hope SY and SJ together fight back against her!

@Yi Gui, sorry to cut your post,

I am really tired that Ms Hong has won everytime so far like an invincible devil...... The writer made others look like fools in her hands, it is time to kick her richard simmons back, OK? Why the leads have to be the victims all the time? The audience's empathy for leads will eventually runs out if it keeps going this way.. 

You are not alone, really tired of looking at her face and doing all the evil things including drugging his own son.   I hope that SY and SD will have the backbones to fight back  toward Ms. Hong and the rest of the characters who are treating them badly including their loser Dad. At least, for now: YJ seems to be backing out of pursuing SJ.  

On 2/20/2019 at 6:21 PM, dramaninja said:

Episode 66 preview massive spoilers, if this is gone later its because they took it down.

Reveal hidden contents

Yeahhh :(

Spoiler

This is officially breaking my heart~ Not only because they are losing the mother (which is super tragic of course:bawling:), but also because in the future when SJ knows his diagnosis,  how much agony and torturing he would have inside! He sees how devastated and painful SY is when she lost her mother, how could he have her experience losing the love of her life by his illness then?  

This is going to be gut-wrenching to see how SJ and SY deal with the diagnosis, because SJ loves her too much to let her know that she is losing him, which is going to break her heart again......:heartbreak:

10 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:
  Hide contents

This is officially breaking my heart~ Not only because they are losing the mother (which is super tragic of course:bawling:), but also because in the future when SJ knows his diagnosis,  how much agony and torturing he would have inside! He sees how devastated and painful SY is when she lost her mother, how could he have her experience losing the love of her life by his illness then?  

This is going to be gut-wrenching to see how SJ and SY deal with the diagnosis, because SJ loves her too much to let her know that she is losing him, which is going to break her heart again......:heartbreak:

Spoiler

Yeah  not to mention his dad and sister after they lost tier mom.But SY not sure how she is going to handle this :(

Watching the Eun sister mother was heartbreaking, their mother was loving and supportive to her kids, if she wasn't sick her kids would have been successful, she never blamed the sons for their parent sins, like when she was in SJ office and his dad barged in or for what his sister did to SD, SJ was always happy around her, they could have been in the perfect mother-son-in-law relationship. SD is selfish until the last moment, she was trying to do that to herself in front of her mother, that was horrible very horrible of her, now SD is going to blame herself. I hope their mother doesn't die that will be awful.

zFB89Gb.gif

In the preview did one of Ms. Hong drudge grew conscious??. Ms. Hong is not the kind of person who feels remorse at all, she might fear thing get more complicated for her but never remorse because she is a psychopath. For her to hug SJ sister that was a whole level of creepy but the table turned when she tried to encourage SJ to go to SY and he told her that SH is already there she rushed out like a bullet train like someone who needs the bathroom. SJ didn't ask the right questions to her.

I wish for SH to wake up and use his brain and connect the dots to realize that his mother is behind everything horrible in his life and the lives of the people he cares about.

Now for sure Ms. Hong has nothing to do with SK affair but she is moving into her, she is her next target, SJ plan was breaking his engagement with JY by using SY. The older sister and her surrogate scandal with SD and at last SK who was never under her radar until her aunt showed up. All that to clear a path for her son to take over the company and separate him from SY.

8 hours ago, howa said:

Now for sure Ms. Hong has nothing to do with SK affair but she is moving into her, she is her next target, SJ plan was breaking his engagement with JY by using SY. The older sister and her surrogate scandal with SD and at last SK who was never under her radar until her aunt showed up. All that to clear a path for her son to take over the company and separate him from SY.

Although, she forgot the most important thing--her son who was psychologically abused and manipulated by her for decades,  in no way can be a confident CEO that needs to deal with all kinds of people with different agendas and complicated relations, considering even losing a love interest caused him to a therapist.

On the contrary, SJ does not look as diligent as SH, but he has been supported by his family all the time (sometimes overprotecting), which makes him an optimistic and confident person. Knowledge of business management can be learned fast, but a person's mental health, confidence, innovation and adventurousness need cultivating for years since childhood.

SH is just fine on the path paved for him, otherwise, he would be lost because she never let him walk on his own and pursue what he really likes without interference. She wants him to be the future CEO, and for it she has been playing a loyal consultant in front of Choi for decades, and even sacrificing her son's mental health and self-esteem when he was only a child, just for a company! 

TBH, without his family's expectation for him, SJ cares little about being in charge of the company. He has enough self-efficacy and confidence, so he does not need pursuing power to overcompensate. He likes pursuing whatever he wants for happiness, regardless of others' judgements on him. When SH was told not to be favorable to SY in front of colleagues by his mom, he just took in her point. But SJ just does nice things to the girl that he fell for directly without hiding his feelings for her, even though he did not say it so directly. When he wanted to kiss her at the moment, he just went ahead. That's what is attractive to a woman, so he won her over.

I think the take-way to audience here is how influential parents are to their children's mental health and ways of living.

2 minutes ago, Yi Gui said:

spoiler to me, please?  I need to prepare and fastfoward it, otherwise I cannot fall asleep after watching it~~

Spoiler

Crappy dad and his wife showing up at the funeral causing a scene so did Hong and the media acting like she cared about SD I think that was the last straw for SY.

Archived